PDA

View Full Version : Ann Richards is gone...

lukin254
9/14/2006, 09:10 AM
... and as unfortunate as that may be for some, it leaves an opportunity to re-evaluate the role Baylor plays in the Big XII. Some think it's important for Baylor to be in the Big XII South, while others feel it is necessary to have BU in the South so there can be at least 1 guarantee win (or more depending on who else may be that far down in a given year) for the conference. Maybe it's necessary to have a private school that doesn't push athletics in a public school conference (a la Vandy & Northwestern).

I think Baylor should go away and the Big XII should pick up someone along the lines of anbody outside the state of Texas. Like New Mexico, Colorado State, or Arkansas... Or maybe just go back to the Big 8 and quit helping the state of Texas so much.

ColumbusSooner
9/14/2006, 09:29 AM
I, for one, am going to miss the tough old broad.

BermudaSooner
9/14/2006, 09:32 AM
I like the thought of Pig Sooey in the conference, but don't go kicking Baylor out right away. It certainly wasn't an easy guarantee win for OU last year. Baylor could finish as high as 4th in the South this year, and could probably finish 2-3rd in the North.

They have Kansas, Colorado and KSU this year, and could win each of these, including blow out CU. They have been able to beat A&M and came close to OU last year. It is possible they could go 4-4 this year. A little luck in Austin, Lubbock or at home against OU, and they are 5-3.

Alright, so I'm nuts.

lukin254
9/14/2006, 09:35 AM
As much love as Baylor seems to be getting for winning a few games last year... they are still Baylor... when they had a chance to make a "statement" in a home opener against a ranked team down to their 3rd RB... they sucked and got beat... same ol' Bears.

soonerjoker
9/14/2006, 09:35 AM
Ann Richards recently denied having anything to do with baylor being in big 12.

OKLA21FAN
9/14/2006, 09:43 AM
BU offers much more to the Big 12 than say schools like CU or ISU. The 'Sears Cup' (or what ever it is called) standings over the past few years show that.

lukin254
9/14/2006, 09:43 AM
ah... well that makes sense... 2nd best private school in the state academically, 9th best school in the state athletically... sounds like a top-4 resume to me... she apparently was a bit of a liar

Big Red Ron
9/14/2006, 09:44 AM
I, for one, am going to miss the tough old broad.In that, I'm glad they got rid of that wart on my *** sort of way.

;)

47straight
9/14/2006, 10:24 AM
Tulsa and TCU would both be excellent replacements for Baylor.

I'd take the pig sooeys just to **** off the SEC and Texass, though.

soonerlaw
9/14/2006, 10:25 AM
... 2nd best private school in the state academically,

Is it better than SMU and/or Rice and or Trinity?

Anyhow, I like Baylor because every other year, I can make the short drive to Waco from Dallas and watch a Sooner home game in stadium that has probably 30,000 people in it (28,000 of them Sooner Fans) and then can stop at the Czech Stop for some cinnamon rolls.

PrideAlum
9/14/2006, 10:41 AM

Anyhow, I like Baylor because every other year, I can make the short drive to Waco from Dallas and watch a Sooner home game in stadium that has probably 30,000 people in it (28,000 of them Sooner Fans) and then can stop at the Czech Stop for some cinnamon rolls.

You got that right.:D :twinkies:

soonerlaw
9/14/2006, 10:42 AM
... 2nd best private school in the state academically,

BIG_IKE
9/14/2006, 10:44 AM
ActuALLY.....

Football aside, Baylor is a great athletic program. They have won conference and national titles in other sports. Girls Basketball, Baseball, Track have all been top notch.

But on a serious note....TCU should be in the BIG XII

BIG_IKE
9/14/2006, 10:48 AM
Let me gather my case..

ultimatesooner1
9/14/2006, 10:51 AM
all conferences have one private school so they don't have to comply with the open records act. plus baylor brings more to the conference than Ok St

lukin254
Baylor was helped out tremendously in all sports except football when it joined the Big XII... Arkansas has gone WAY downhill since joining the SEC in the two big sports... But Arkansas as a state as well as the students view themselves as "southerners," so I guess they fit with the SEC... I think New Mexico is the perfect fit...

lukin254
plus baylor brings more to the conference than Ok St

ha... explain, please...

snp
9/14/2006, 11:05 AM
I will never understand the need to try and push Baylor out of the Big 12 and form some sort of super-conference. And then the thinking that Arkansas would leave the SEC is just as stupid.

How the hell would New Mexico (Who just lost to PORTLAND STAE) or Colorado State help the conference? They both blow at all sports and are far away from everyone but a few schools. There's no history with the two, except for two schools.

You know, it's not just about football. And it's not like they can't ever be respectable.

STUPID ARGUEMENT END THREAD HERE

TexasLidig8r
9/14/2006, 11:31 AM
. . . and then can stop at the Czech Stop for some cinnamon rolls.

I'll take two spicy ones with cheese please.. and warm em up.

Czech Stop rocks my face off!!!!!!!!!!

SoonerJLB
9/14/2006, 11:38 AM
:texan:

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 11:44 AM
... and as unfortunate as that may be for some, it leaves an opportunity to re-evaluate the role Baylor plays in the Big XII. Some think it's important for Baylor to be in the Big XII South, while others feel it is necessary to have BU in the South so there can be at least 1 guarantee win (or more depending on who else may be that far down in a given year) for the conference. Maybe it's necessary to have a private school that doesn't push athletics in a public school conference (a la Vandy & Northwestern).

I think Baylor should go away and the Big XII should pick up someone along the lines of anbody outside the state of Texas. Like New Mexico, Colorado State, or Arkansas... Or maybe just go back to the Big 8 and quit helping the state of Texas so much.

I think we should trade Baylor to the North for Nebraska. And then we could make the North into the farm league/juco for the real Big XII in the South.

Note: it's going to be 5 years before Colorado recovers. I think Nebraska is on its way back. Mizzou will flirt with credibility for a year or two, but will never exceed the capabilities of Pinkel or its lack or tradition/history.

Jury is very much out on K-state. Ron Prince sure does have the work-a-holic mentality of Snyder when he was in his prime. I'll bet they're respectable within 3-4 years.

Still, right now that whole division is an embarassment to the conference, perhaps the BCS. It will, for the most part, always be inferior to the South because of the lack of recruiting base. Proximity to Texas is a BIG deal for the South. It's why Baylor actually has a fighting chance.

If we were going to boot Baylor, the only other logical choice would be TCU unless we could stage a coupe at Arkansas. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/14/2006, 11:46 AM
Forget Baylor, kick Texas A&M out. What has A&M done lately. Baylor has won a National Championship in women's bball, has a good baseball team and their football team gives A&M fits it seems like every year.

Let's look at A&M now. They only thing they have given us lately is a trip to the NIT, two guys rapping with thier seat belts on, and a listeater. I think this discussion needs to move to College Station, not Waco. At least Baylor is more productive than Texas A&M

Oh, and Texas A&M has a 6-game losing streak to Texas, which makes them 11-1 against OU and Texas since 1999.

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 11:49 AM

Czech stop. Goooood.

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 11:52 AM
all conferences have one private school so they don't have to comply with the open records act. plus baylor brings more to the conference than Ok St

valuable factoid. thanks.

lukin254
9/14/2006, 12:09 PM
"Baylor brings more to the conference than Ok St" is the most asinine statement anyone could make... Especially when some people are arguing that Baylor, as an entire athletic department, has a "good" tradition... OSU brings national championships to the conference pretty much every year, and has hte most in the conference, even though the sports are supposedly "gay" or "dumb" or whatever...
New Mexico isn't anymore removed from the conference than Iowa State or Nebraska or Colorado or A&M or Texas Tech or Texas or Missouri.

poke4christ
9/14/2006, 12:17 PM
My opinion, send ISU to the Big 10 with Iowa and pick up CSU. Baylor I can live with, but I wouldn't mind seeing them replaced.

Also, I'd like to see every team play one division (North/south) game EVERY year. For example, I think OU and NU should play every year and get the rivalry back. I enjoyed seeing that.

As for more specifics on what OSU brings to the conference, here goes:

-Competitive for Conference champ in B-ball almost every year
-Domination of Wrestling including last 4 National Titles (33 total)
-National title (this year) in golf (10 total)
-An improving Baseball team (recent Big 12 tourny champ, top 3 in coference this year) with a history of success
-A still new Equestrian team with a National Title
-A football team with a new stadium and buding facilities that is on the rise

That is all. Oh, and this isn't an OSU vs OU thing. I'm just defending my school.

Zach

P.S. Lukin, please be a little more diplomatic as we are on a rival forum.

OUFan22
9/14/2006, 12:22 PM
"Baylor brings more to the conference than Ok St" is the most asinine statement anyone could make... Especially when some people are arguing that Baylor, as an entire athletic department, has a "good" tradition... OSU brings national championships to the conference pretty much every year, and has hte most in the conference, even though the sports are supposedly "gay" or "dumb" or whatever...
New Mexico isn't anymore removed from the conference than Iowa State or Nebraska or Colorado or A&M or Texas Tech or Texas or Missouri.
So, what sports are you considering gay or dumb? I think OSU is a valuable commodity to the Big XII. They are most always good at baseball and basketball, and are THE DOMINANT program in wrestling. They have like 37 or so wrestling national titles, a couple basketball titles, and a few baseball titles. They also have a decent track program. Golf usually is good. I don't know about tennis though. They have been good at times in softball too.

StoopTroup
9/14/2006, 01:25 PM
Let me get this straight...

Ann Richards played for Baylor?

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 01:26 PM

I don't know how to do a fark, but man if I did . . . . this would be the time.

TexasLidig8r
9/14/2006, 02:12 PM

Didn't Ann Richards ultimately switch sides and began playing for the other team? ;) (Sorry Ann... jes' kidding)

http://www.laweekly.com/news/news/dont-mess-with-texas/1345/

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2006, 04:52 PM
Ann Richards didn't have a damned thing to do with Baylor getting into the Big XII. She didn't give a big enough **** about Baylor to go to the trouble.

Bob Bullock is the man responsible for getting Baylor into the Big XII just as Laney is responsible for Tech getting in.

Furthermore, I'm negging you.

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2006, 04:54 PM
BU offers much more to the Big 12 than say schools like CU or ISU. The 'Sears Cup' (or what ever it is called) standings over the past few years show that.

A man of intelligence!
Spek to you my friend.

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2006, 04:55 PM
ah... well that makes sense... 2nd best private school in the state academically, 9th best school in the state athletically... sounds like a top-4 resume to me... she apparently was a bit of a liar

She wasn't a liar; you're just an idiot.
It's not like the political conspiring to get Baylor and Tech into the Big XII is lessened by the fact that it was Bullock and not Richards.

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2006, 04:56 PM
Tulsa and TCU would both be excellent replacements for Baylor.

I'd take the pig sooeys just to **** off the SEC and Texass, though.

And precisely what do those two schools offer in sports outside of football?
Give me a break.

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2006, 04:57 PM
ActuALLY.....

Football aside, Baylor is a great athletic program. They have won conference and national titles in other sports. Girls Basketball, Baseball, Track have all been top notch.

But on a serious note....TCU should be in the BIG XII

You got it half right!
Spek to you!

StoopTroup
9/14/2006, 04:58 PM
Sicem...

We seem to have upset you.

Are you OK?

:pop:

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2006, 04:59 PM
I will never understand the need to try and push Baylor out of the Big 12 and form some sort of super-conference. And then the thinking that Arkansas would leave the SEC is just as stupid.

How the hell would New Mexico (Who just lost to PORTLAND STAE) or Colorado State help the conference? They both blow at all sports and are far away from everyone but a few schools. There's no history with the two, except for two schools.

You know, it's not just about football. And it's not like they can't ever be respectable.

STUPID ARGUEMENT END THREAD HERE

:Applaud:
Well said!
Another man of intelligence who gets some green his way.

sooneron
9/14/2006, 05:01 PM
I'm not so sure that I'd want to go to Ft Collins for a game in Nov. - F that!

What exactly would csu bring to the conference? Or either of the NM schools. That's friggin ridiculous.

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2006, 05:01 PM
Forget Baylor, kick Texas A&M out. What has A&M done lately. Baylor has won a National Championship in women's bball, has a good baseball team and their football team gives A&M fits it seems like every year.

Let's look at A&M now. They only thing they have given us lately is a trip to the NIT, two guys rapping with thier seat belts on, and a listeater. I think this discussion needs to move to College Station, not Waco. At least Baylor is more productive than Texas A&M

Oh, and Texas A&M has a 6-game losing streak to Texas, which makes them 11-1 against OU and Texas since 1999.

A pro-Baylor anti-Aggie post??? My God, you have become my new hero. I wish I could spek you twice!

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I was arguing for OSU's case... OSU is THE DOMINANT program in wrestling and men's golf, sports typically considered as invaluable to most opposing fans... OSU a top 5 program in the conference in all but a few sports (football, soccer, track (i don't count title ix sports))... It baffles me that people think OSU brings nothing to the Big XII, like some people on this board and apparently a writer voting in a pre-season poll.

So, let me get this straight...

You are advocating booting Baylor from the Big XII on the basis of our football program while dismissing or discounting success in other sports and then, just a few posts later, you defend OSU's place in the Big XII by pointing out your success in golf and wrestling...PLEASE...

You sir, are a first class moron who is sure to be a summa cum laude graduate of your fine poke-in-the-*** university. I wish I could neg you twice.

Good day!

StoopTroup
9/14/2006, 05:05 PM
Maybe they could put a Memorial Pic of Ann on the front of the Stadium next to Mike Singletary. ;)

http://www.panstadia.com/vol11/112con2.jpg

poke4christ
9/14/2006, 05:20 PM
I think SicEm just declared open war on the anti-baylor.

Zach

MRNOTDUCKS
9/14/2006, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Boomer_Sooner_sax

Seems the A&M basketball team made it to the second round of the NCAA's this past season. A miracle three saved LSU in the end. And the name Billy Gillespie is starting to make a lot of Big XII basketball fans quake in fear.

We are pretty much under the radar this season in football. As far as Baylor is concerned, we'll be taking care of business at A&M's stadium north of College Station this year just fine, thanks.

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2006, 05:28 PM
I think SicEm just declared open war on the anti-baylor.

Zach

I think you're more or less fine. Your compatriot on the other hand...

I should be more careful of what I say about OSU since I'm the offspring of two Poke graduates who are flipping the bill for my extended Baylor education. :D

However, that fact alone does confirm Darwin's theory.

GrapevineSooner
9/14/2006, 05:45 PM
How about we just leave the conference the way it is?

poke4christ
9/14/2006, 09:01 PM
One thing I would like to be able to change the conference around in is NCAA Football. I don't know why they have yet to create something like that. That along with changing bowls, BCS bowls, and being able to give college a playoff would be awesome.

SicEm, Thanks for the kind words. They aren't easy to come by here for me, so I'm got to appreciate what I get.

Zach

SicEmBaylor
9/15/2006, 12:13 AM
ha... I brought up the topic of booting Baylor from the Big XII because they bring absolutely nothing to the conference in football, and aren't very good at anything else... I mean, you have 2 national championships as a school, tennis and women's basketball... What positives are there???

There's a hell of a lot more than that. We have also consistently had one of the top baseball teams in the conference behind UT plus success in other sports. There's a great thread on bf.com listing all of our athletic accomplishments since the Big XII was formed, and I'll post it if I can find it.

OSU's "place" is pretty damn good for the Big XII, since OSU has the most national championships outside of California, in all sports ... That's what OSU brings to the Big XII... OU brings football dominance, a very good basketball program, very good wrestling program, men's gymnastics, and a very good baseball program... Texas brings a great overall athletic department... Kansas isn't very good in football, but at least they've been to a bowl or two since joining the Big XII.. plus their basketball program is nationally dominant. K-State used to have football success in the Big XII, as did/do Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, Texas A&M, OSU, OU, Texas Tech, Texas, Kansas, Iowa State... everyone... other than BAYLOR... This marks the 11th year for football in the Big XII, and Baylor has had absolutely 00000 success in that sport... NOTHING... a joke, that's it...

Again, you defend everyone else's place in the conference by including their success in other sports but when it comes to us you "focus on football." The only joke here is your argument.

You get respect from Sooner fans because you bow down to them and you cheer for Baylor, a non-threat to them.... I'm sure I'll catch hell for that, but it's the truth...

Let's get one thing VERY clear here. I absolute do not and will never "bow down" to OU. I post on this forum and love OU because I am from Oklahoma and was an OU fan my entire life before I went to Baylor. The first 18 years of my life was about OU, and that's the reason that I enjoy hanging out around here and the reason that I'm very friendly toward all things OU.

I'm not here as some G-d***** opposing fan lackey bowing down to OU so they'll say nice things about Baylor. I don't give a **** what you think about Baylor until you start making statements that make it obvious you don't know your *** from a hole in the ground.

Readyfor8
9/15/2006, 12:26 AM
There's a hell of a lot more than that. We have also consistently had one of the top baseball teams in the conference behind UT plus success in other sports. There's a great thread on bf.com listing all of our athletic accomplishments since the Big XII was formed, and I'll post it if I can find it.

Again, you defend everyone else's place in the conference by including their success in other sports but when it comes to us you "focus on football." The only joke here is your argument.

Let's get one thing VERY clear here. I absolute do not and will never "bow down" to OU. I post on this forum and love OU because I lived in Oklahoma and was an OU fan my entire life before I went to Baylor. The first 18 years of my life was about OU, and that's the reason that I enjoy hanging out around here and the reason that I'm very friendly toward all things OU.

I'm not here as some G-d***** opposing fan lackey bowing down to OU so they'll say nice things about Baylor. I don't give a **** what you think about Baylor until you start making statements that make it obvious you don't know your *** from a hole in the ground.

This bear has claw's... :rawr: (thats my bear claw, i do it upside down when we play baylor.)

SicEmBaylor
9/15/2006, 12:45 AM
This bear has claw's... :rawr: (thats my bear claw, i do it upside down when we play baylor.)

I just tried that and it looks a bit gay. Like you're grabbing onto a ball sack or something.

poke4christ
9/15/2006, 12:57 AM
I just tried that and it looks a bit gay. Like you're grabbing onto a ball sack or something.

ROFL!!

Readyfor8
9/15/2006, 01:01 AM

I know you guys should switch to that, its far more frietening. That and you could change the sound from rawr or go bears to.... cough please.

FroggyStyle22
9/15/2006, 01:55 AM
Baylor does have a very good athletic program. However, a lot of that has to do with all of the money they recieve from the BCS. It allows them to build facilities and recruit athletes that they normally wouldn't have a shot at. I'm not certain why they can't put a football team together that can be relevent in the conference, but who knows maybe they are getting there.

I would love for TCU to get an invite to a BCS conference, but I'm not going to get all worked up about it if we don't. It makes college football fun to argue the what ifs. I would like to see more access to the huge payouts the BCS gives though.

SicEmBaylor
9/15/2006, 02:07 AM
Baylor does have a very good athletic program. However, a lot of that has to do with all of the money they recieve from the BCS. It allows them to build facilities and recruit athletes that they normally wouldn't have a shot at. I'm not certain why they can't put a football team together that can be relevent in the conference, but who knows maybe they are getting there.

I would love for TCU to get an invite to a BCS conference, but I'm not going to get all worked up about it if we don't. It makes college football fun to argue the what ifs. I would like to see more access to the huge payouts the BCS gives though.

Just when I think it couldn't get any worse a damned TCU fan shows up! ;)

(kidding of course...sort of)

Readyfor8
9/15/2006, 02:10 AM

They almost made a bowl game last year, they are getting better but it takes time to get out of the cellar.

Although the pokers wouldn't know it they think all it takes is 100 million dollars. They should all know that the best way for them to turn that 100mil into a winning tradition is to pick up and move the entire city to San Jose, atleast they beat a BCS out of conference every once in a while.

SicEmBaylor
9/15/2006, 02:12 AM
ACtually, to be honest...

I can't figure out what the hell our Big XII revenue sharing money has gone to at Baylor most of our years in the Big XII. Our facilities remained relatively unchanged until about '01 when the press box at the Case was upgraded and they added a video board. Since then, other improvements have taken place including the Teaff Plaza (which from what I understand was paid for mostly by donations), the tennis facility, and the basketball practice facility which was only built because KMR demanded it and what KMR wants KMR gets. In the latter case though we had to have a winning program BEFORE we got the facility.

We still don't have an indoor practice facility at Baylor and probably won't get one until we start having more gridiron success. They've been taking up a lot of donations though so a sizable portion of the funds to build that in the future will come from donations as well.

err..

I almost forgot the Baseball and Softball stadiums which really truly are magnificent collegiate facilities.

SicEmBaylor
9/15/2006, 02:16 AM
They almost made a bowl game last year, they are getting better but it takes time to get out of the cellar.

Although the pokers wouldn't know it they think all it takes is 100 million dollars. They should all know that the best way for them to turn that 100mil into a winning tradition is to pick up and move the entire city to San Jose, atleast they beat a BCS out of conference every once in a while.

Let's not forget we were just two TDs away from being 7-4 last year. We had great success moving the ball last year, but we'd shoot ourselves in the foot in the redzone. Just a TD in both of those OT losses would have given us a 7-4 season.

47straight
9/15/2006, 02:27 AM
And precisely what do those two schools offer in sports outside of football?
Give me a break.

I'll just do Tulsa to be brief. But first, two things.

1) This is a football and MEN's basketball conference by the way. No football, no men's basketball --> no Big 12. It's just the way it is. Success in other things is great, but it pays no bills whatsoever.

2) Chill the **** out.

Tulsa -
Right now, great football. (Liberty Bowl and C-USA champs).
Historically, great men's basketball. (Sweet 16's, elite 8's, NIT's)
Top 20 men's soccer.
Historically great women's golf. (Nancy Lopez)
Rising women's basketball. (first tourney appearance and win last year)
Best tennis facilities in the nation. (hosting the NCAA championships next year)
Hawt volleyball players.
No baseball team. Sniff. :( (Title IX, but never had a losing season!)
And it fulfills the requirements of being a private school and having great academics.

47straight
9/15/2006, 02:32 AM
I can't figure out what the hell our Big XII revenue sharing money has gone to at Baylor most of our years in the Big XII. Our facilities...... They've been taking up a lot of donations though so a sizable portion of the funds to build that in the future will come from donations as well.

I'm willing to bet that revenue sharing is relatively meager, and can only help cover athletic department operating expenses - coaches, travel expenses, schollys, all the million little things - for all the sports. It all adds up worse than a trip to wally world.

Renovations and capital improvements are probably all done with specific drives, like the one you described.

Vaevictis
9/15/2006, 02:38 AM
FroggyStyle: heh, methinks that if you knew what "Froggy Style" meant, you would not be so eager to use it as your nickname. :)

(I overheard someone talking about it the other day. Apparently, it's when you drug up (rufies/GHB) a partner, and when you try to do the deed, they keep waking up and hopping off of your... umm, yeah.)

SicEmBaylor
9/15/2006, 03:15 AM
I'll just do Tulsa to be brief. But first, two things.

1) This is a football and MEN's basketball conference by the way. No football, no men's basketball --> no Big 12. It's just the way it is. Success in other things is great, but it pays no bills whatsoever.

2) Chill the **** out.

Tulsa -
Right now, great football. (Liberty Bowl and C-USA champs).
Historically, great men's basketball. (Sweet 16's, elite 8's, NIT's)
Top 20 men's soccer.
Historically great women's golf. (Nancy Lopez)
Rising women's basketball. (first tourney appearance and win last year)
Best tennis facilities in the nation. (hosting the NCAA championships next year)
Hawt volleyball players.
No baseball team. Sniff. :( (Title IX, but never had a losing season!)
And it fulfills the requirements of being a private school and having great academics.

TU's a decent place. I've got no gripe with them.

FroggyStyle22
9/15/2006, 07:14 AM
FroggyStyle: heh, methinks that if you knew what "Froggy Style" meant, you would not be so eager to use it as your nickname. :)

(I overheard someone talking about it the other day. Apparently, it's when you drug up (rufies/GHB) a partner, and when you try to do the deed, they keep waking up and hopping off of your... umm, yeah.)

Get your mind out of the gutter.

royalfan5
9/15/2006, 07:45 AM
I'm not so sure that I'd want to go to Ft Collins for a game in Nov. - F that!

What exactly would csu bring to the conference? Or either of the NM schools. That's friggin ridiculous.
The New Belgium Brewery would warm you up though.

Tear Down This Wall
9/15/2006, 11:05 AM
Let's just be honest here - Baylor is football suck. They don't belong in the Big 12 and never did. Neither does Texas Tech. Pure Texas politics brought those two junk heap programs aboard as the Big 8 passed a sinking SWC ship.

First of all, the old Big 8 was nothing but the biggest state schools and ag schools. Baylor is neither. Tech is a ag school, but its neither the biggest nor best ag school in Texas. I'd bet dollars to douhgnuts that Abilene Christian or Sul Ross State field better Livestock Judging teams that the Sand Aggies.

Second, Baylor contributes nothing in the way of competitiveness in football. They were occassionally competitive in the SWC when either Texas or A&M were down (or on probation). Havng SMU or Rice or TCU in the conference would have been no different than what we have with Baylor. Either way, none of them belonged then and Baylor still doesn't now. I don't care how many times they beat Samford and Northeastern State (La.).

Third, Texas Tech is UTEP/New Mexico/New Mexico State to me. Unlike Baylor, they have actually made something of their sneaking into the Big 12. That doesn't mean they don't suck. Their fanbase is full of crapsuckers whether they are winning or losing. Stick these duckfarts in the Mountain WAC Conference with Utah and New Mexico and UTEP where they belong.

Finally, in 2006, you could easily add Colorado to the gridiron pretenders of Baylor and Texas Tech. Send Baylor to the Conference USA or, better yet, the Sun Belt Conferece, where they might actually be able to qualify for the New Orleans Bowl (if they could beat North Texas or Troy State or Middle Tennessee...highly suspect). Send Texas Tech to Mountain WAC, as stated before, and send CU to Mountain WAC with them.

It all adds up to The Big 9. We can then play Nebraska every year again and quit pretending Baylor and Tech and Colorado ever meant anything to the conference. Pig mud, corn cob-eating parasites that they are.

TexasLidig8r
9/15/2006, 12:45 PM
TDTW.. if we're going to do that, then we need to get rid of all the ne'er do wells.

How many conference championships has Ioway State won? How many bowl games? Do they even have an overall winning record against other Big XII teams since the advent of the conference? They have no history. They have no tradition. They are not the flagship university of a state which can charitably be characterized as one big cornfield and not much else... So, Ioway State.... this red card is for you. Go join Conference USA.

Then, there's K-State. Until Snyder got there, they set NCAA records for futility.. and since the advent of the Big XII, they have won ONE conference championship when OU's best team in the history of God decided they didn't need to play. One conference championship since Adam and Eve were playing footsie with Methusalah does NOT count. Bye Kitties.

Misery... now how many conference championships do they have again? Have many times have they played in the Big XII champeenship game? Flagship school on a sinking ship should not count. They can't even be classified as the Tech of the North since at least Tech has been to a New Year's Day game. Bye Misery... be a Big 10/11 dormat.

Kansas.. Mangino the Hutt.. No conference championships.. no title game appearance.... No history (except for Gale Sayers)... no tradition.. football merely takes up time before basketball starts. Why should we split football money with them? Go join the ACC-Western Division.

Okie Lite... field goes east - west.. How many championships? How many title game appearances? As Dexter Manley may say.. "I think.. no. wait.. I can't think..." Not as delusional as aggsy of Texas. Go join Conference USA.

Muffaloes.. you can stay.... lousy fans, great road trip place and good entertainment value.

That leaves a new conference of:

Texas
OU
Nebraska
Muffaloes.

aggsy can't stay because Baylor has more overall national championships than aggsy has. (God, that has to chap them!)

Rogue
9/15/2006, 05:13 PM
Someone explain to me about the private school = no open records thing.
Is that so that the finances are closed to some oversight type body?
The NCAA? IRS? Who?

SicEmBaylor
9/15/2006, 05:16 PM
Someone explain to me about the private school = no open records thing.
Is that so that the finances are closed to some oversight type body?
The NCAA? IRS? Who?

Yeah, it so the Big XII can do its financial dealings out of a trash sack full of cash.

BaylorGuy314
9/16/2006, 12:25 AM
National Team Titles Since 1996
(37 total)
Texas - 12
Oklahoma - 6
Nebraska - 6
Colorado - 6
Oklahoma State - 5
Baylor - 2
Iowa State - 0
Kansas - 0
Kansas State - 0
Missouri - 0
Texas A&M - 0
Texas Tech - 0

Woot.

Big 12 Conference titles by school
Texas - 66
Nebraska - 48
Colorado - 22
Oklahoma State - 19
Oklahoma - 16
Texas A&M - 13
Baylor - 13
Kansas - 9
Kansas State - 6
Iowa State - 5
Texas Tech - 5
Missouri - 1

Double Woot.

44-34.

You get the idea. ;)

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/18/2006, 04:25 PM
Let's just be honest here - Baylor is football suck. They don't belong in the Big 12 and never did. Neither does Texas Tech. Pure Texas politics brought those two junk heap programs aboard as the Big 8 passed a sinking SWC ship.

First of all, the old Big 8 was nothing but the biggest state schools and ag schools. Baylor is neither. Tech is a ag school, but its neither the biggest nor best ag school in Texas. I'd bet dollars to douhgnuts that Abilene Christian or Sul Ross State field better Livestock Judging teams that the Sand Aggies.

Second, Baylor contributes nothing in the way of competitiveness in football. They were occassionally competitive in the SWC when either Texas or A&M were down (or on probation). Havng SMU or Rice or TCU in the conference would have been no different than what we have with Baylor. Either way, none of them belonged then and Baylor still doesn't now. I don't care how many times they beat Samford and Northeastern State (La.).

Third, Texas Tech is UTEP/New Mexico/New Mexico State to me. Unlike Baylor, they have actually made something of their sneaking into the Big 12. That doesn't mean they don't suck. Their fanbase is full of crapsuckers whether they are winning or losing. Stick these duckfarts in the Mountain WAC Conference with Utah and New Mexico and UTEP where they belong.

Finally, in 2006, you could easily add Colorado to the gridiron pretenders of Baylor and Texas Tech. Send Baylor to the Conference USA or, better yet, the Sun Belt Conferece, where they might actually be able to qualify for the New Orleans Bowl (if they could beat North Texas or Troy State or Middle Tennessee...highly suspect). Send Texas Tech to Mountain WAC, as stated before, and send CU to Mountain WAC with them.

It all adds up to The Big 9. We can then play Nebraska every year again and quit pretending Baylor and Tech and Colorado ever meant anything to the conference. Pig mud, corn cob-eating parasites that they are.

Texas Tech is the only Big XII school to be bowl eligible in every year of exsistence of the conference.

MRNOTDUCKS
9/18/2006, 04:54 PM
If you want to talk statistics, then lets just talk mens sports. No one cares about the female sports unless the men aren't getting it done. See waco.

The Ags have won a Big 12 championship in FOOTBALL. That gets us a seat at the Big 12 table right there.

bluedogok
9/18/2006, 09:39 PM
The only team that I would care to swap Baylor out for is Arkansas, other than them they stay as they have steadily inproved and have been competitive and sometimes more than competitive in some sports (womens b-ball). As for the north, dump Iowa State and bring in Colorado State. That way when we move to Denver I have a chance to see the Sooners and my wife gets to see Tech in Colorado with some regularity :D

Bullock was the driving force behind including Baylor, but Richards threw her weight behind it to get it done. I would have voted for her, but then I am thinking about voting for Kinky for the hell of it :eek:

okienole3
9/24/2006, 08:38 AM
Baylor should have been booted from the Big XII the minute after the Patrick Denahey murder and subsequent events.

Scott D
9/24/2006, 09:01 AM
Baylor should have been booted from the Big XII the minute after the Patrick Denahey murder and subsequent events.

Then we could have gotten rid of Colorado two years ago, and Nebraska 12 years ago.

okienole3
9/24/2006, 09:44 AM
Then we could have gotten rid of Colorado two years ago, and Nebraska 12 years ago.

Colorado two years ago was completely blown on of proportion. To my knowledge, no arrests or charges have come of that. As for Nebraska, I don't remember any murders, let alone attempts, by the staff, to cover up those murders. With your standards, we would have been booted a few years before Nebraska.

Scott D
9/24/2006, 02:45 PM
Colorado two years ago was completely blown on of proportion. To my knowledge, no arrests or charges have come of that. As for Nebraska, I don't remember any murders, let alone attempts, by the staff, to cover up those murders. With your standards, we would have been booted a few years before Nebraska.

they weren't my standards...just measuring yours.

SicEmBaylor
11/10/2014, 02:17 PM
The conference has come quite a long way since 2006.

badger
11/10/2014, 04:25 PM
The conference has come quite a long way since 2006.

Baylor BCS bowl victories before 2006: Zero

Baylor BCS bowl victories after 2006: Zero

You beat us and you think you're hot sh!t, just like Poke thought back in 2011. Oooo, we are at a new level. We are never going to be mediocre again. We beat Gooner we goin Fiesta Bowlin' we're going for national championships next!

:D Except Poke actually won their Fiesta Bowl, unlike Baylor.

Tear Down This Wall
11/10/2014, 04:33 PM
The conference hasn't worth crap since 2011, and is getting worse by the year. Even before that, it wasn't great outside of Oklahoma and Texas.

badger
11/10/2014, 04:39 PM
The conference hasn't worth crap since 2011, and is getting worse by the year. Even before that, it wasn't great outside of Oklahoma and Texas.

Let's abandon ship with UT and see how Baylor fares without us. Then their conference schedule can be just like their non-conference schedule.

Eielson
11/10/2014, 04:49 PM
Please stop quoting TDTW...

FaninAma
11/10/2014, 04:55 PM

EIP....Excellence in Posting.

The Big 12 does suck. I don't mind Bylor being in the conference....I hate the fact that OU is still in this POS conference. Thanks Boren.

badger
11/10/2014, 04:58 PM
I think it's funny that I only hate Baylor after the football game's over. Because then it's basketball season and there's a real reason to hate them... it's not Ann Richards. It's her (http://twitpic.com/cg1x7o).