PDA

View Full Version : Coverage map?

tbl
9/13/2006, 11:44 PM
Whoever posted that map last week, could you do it for this week? Thanks!

tbl
9/13/2006, 11:46 PM
Whoops! Nevermind....
http://admin.xosn.com//pdf1/43418.pdf?SPSID=2475&SPID=190&DB_OEM_ID=300

tbl
9/13/2006, 11:47 PM
Figures... AGAIN, I'm forced to leave the comfort of my home and go to a sports bar.

ouwasp
9/13/2006, 11:51 PM
Thanks, bigle.

I don't know why I always look at those maps, but I do find them interesting. This map looks to make sense.

When you see different pockets of color splashed here and there, I always wonder what prompted it, and who makes those decisions.

birddog
9/13/2006, 11:58 PM
coverage maps rule.

OUGreg723
9/14/2006, 12:37 AM
Maybe ABC will show some highlights of us during the Game of the Week halftime show this time. Since it is an ABC game broadcasting to half the nation...oh wait that was last week too..

Ike
9/14/2006, 01:19 AM
To what do I owe the honor of being able to watch the sooners in my own home on ABC? Has the big 10 been swallowed by a rouge black hole?

oKOIhoma fan
9/14/2006, 06:42 AM
Figures... AGAIN, I'm forced to leave the comfort of my home and go to a sports bar.

I feel your pain. Who wants to watch Miami!!!!!!!!!

sooneron
9/14/2006, 07:32 AM
coverage maps rule.
Not from where I'm sitting

nBoSTP
9/14/2006, 08:30 AM
I hate Living in PA

westcoast_sooner
9/14/2006, 11:11 AM

And the problem with that is...... :)

tbl
9/14/2006, 11:14 AM
There are a couple of sports bars close to my house, but usually no Sooner fans there. There's a big alumni group, but it's well over an hour away. Conundrum...

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 11:18 AM
Whoever posted that map last week, could you do it for this week? Thanks!

fyi - they usually post it every week on www.soonersports.com by Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 11:29 AM
There are a couple of sports bars close to my house, but usually no Sooner fans there. There's a big alumni group, but it's well over an hour away. Conundrum...

I feel your pain, only worse. I live in Austin. The last time I watched a game at a sports bar it was . . . 2005 TCU at home. Ouch.

- When AD got hurt, the whole bar CHEERED. My feelings swung rapidly between wanting to weep and wanting to fight everyone in the whole damn bar.

- With 1 minute left or so, I left the bar . . . after completely upsetting my table (I have very little class when the sooners lose).

- I received an applause when leaving.

NEVER AGAIN. I was permanently scarred. I will always seek the safe shelter of my own home, or the enthusiasm of the alumni base. I think you should make the drive, dude. You won't regret it.

A comment on having class about the Big XII. I'm sure most Sooner fans don't feel this way, and it probably helps that I grew up in Texas before being schol'd to OU. But I always pull for the Big XII against OOC foes. Even Texas. Yes, there's a part of me that takes pleasure in seeing the Horns go down . . . but it's completely illogical. When Texas loses OOC, so do we . . . We'd be much better off beating the #1 team in the nation than the #8. That could really matter this year . . . thanks to the FBREOTM, aka the IDIOT.

Sooner Among The Pack
9/14/2006, 12:22 PM
This is another week I thank god for ESPN Gameplan. Getting to watch the Sooners in the comfort of my own place makes the $120 worth it.

Plus, there are about 10 other games on that I wanna watch to. That's while we'll set up 5 TVs! :)

JonnyRed
9/14/2006, 01:46 PM
A comment on having class about the Big XII. I'm sure most Sooner fans don't feel this way, and it probably helps that I grew up in Texas before being schol'd to OU. But I always pull for the Big XII against OOC foes. Even Texas. Yes, there's a part of me that takes pleasure in seeing the Horns go down . . . but it's completely illogical. When Texas loses OOC, so do we . . . We'd be much better off beating the #1 team in the nation than the #8. That could really matter this year

I agree!

tnraider1
9/14/2006, 05:00 PM
I ordered the game last week. Paid $21.95. Missed the first quarter due to Michigan beating the crap out of a patsy. Watched the second quarter, and 5 minutes of the third. Missed the rest of the third due to a storm screwing up my dish, saw 20 seconds of the fourth before the storm knocked the power out for the rest of the game. I will never order another game on tv. Sports bar here I come. Luckily there is a Sports Bar about 30 miles from me that caters to Sooner fans. The owner of the bar is an OU grad. Sooner magic lives everywhere, even in Middle Tennessee.

tbl
9/14/2006, 05:19 PM
I've been to the alumni group here for one game (UCLA last year), but it was a nice environment. I'll probably make the drive... maybe.