PDA

View Full Version : For those of you thinking we will beat the Duck by 2 TD's

XingTheRubicon
9/13/2006, 11:42 PM
The last 3 times OU beat a ranked opponent (in their house) by 14 points or more...

1990 UCLA 34-14
1984 PITT 42-14
1976 KANS 28-10

All 3 of those teams finished the year unranked.

OU has won by double digits only a few more times...

2000 KSU 41-31
1987 NEB 17-7
1985 OSU 13-0

Having said that,

OU-41
UO-13

;)

SoonerJason
9/13/2006, 11:49 PM
It's getting on my nerves... The differant Sooner boards are the only one's that think the boys are going to win on Saturday.

We have beat them 6 times to their 0.
We beat them in our rebuilding year.
We are only getting stronger.

Did I miss something here?

Why does every talking head out there think we are going to lose?

Sucky Sucky on the Pac 10's ducky....

msteudem
9/13/2006, 11:49 PM
Makes perfect sense to me.:D

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/14/2006, 12:16 AM
If our D shows up then it will be a comfortable win.

If our D doesn't show up we might still win but in a nail biter like last year

Soonerus
9/14/2006, 12:42 AM
I am with X, Oregon is a glorified Baylor...viv-a-vis their career record vs. OU...

Desert Sapper
9/14/2006, 12:48 AM
OUr D needs to play 4 quarters instead of 1 1/2 like last week. Jonathan Stewart is like a mini AD (he wears 28 and gets 7.4 ypc). They alternate Jeremiah Johnson in there and he's about as good (6.4 ypc). They have a number of receivers that can play (just like us) in Garren Strong, Jaison Williams, Brian Paysinger, Jordan Kent, James Finley, and Cameron Colvin. They have a very good O-Line that has allowed 0 sacks this season. Their TE (Dante Rosario) is a great safety valve that has gotten first downs on all five of his catches this year. Dennis Dixon is a run/pass threat in the same virtual mold as Stanback from last week. If we don't contain him, he'll beat us with his legs. If we try to make him beat us throwing, he can.

On D, they aren't as strong as last year, especially in the middle. Losing Haloti Ngata to the NFL has hurt more than a little. Their star LB (Blair Phillips) hails from the same state as Ruuufus.

Injuries to the ducks may help us the most. They lost starting CB Jackie Bates to a broken leg at the end of last week's game. They are already missing DT Ra'Shon Harris, DE Victor Felipe, and CB Terrell Ward.

Soonerus
9/14/2006, 12:49 AM
Blah, blah. Blah, Sooners win by 10+....

GDC
9/14/2006, 10:12 AM
THe Tulsa World picker says Oregon by 11.

ousoonerfan
9/14/2006, 10:23 AM
I heard some idiot on ESPN last night say that AD is the only reason the Sooners are 2-0. It makes me sick that no matter what we do, no one researches the facts before they start spouting off garbage like that. Flying under the radar is a good thing though.

Sooners - 42
Ducks - 7

XingTheRubicon
9/14/2006, 10:24 AM

Yeah, those mensas also picked TU over BYU. They were off by about 40 points.

Soonerus
9/14/2006, 10:25 AM

Tulsa is basically part of Arkansas, what would you expect ???

XingTheRubicon
9/14/2006, 10:30 AM
I heard some idiot on ESPN last night say that AD is the only reason the Sooners are 2-0. It makes me sick that no matter what we do, no one researches the facts before they start spouting off garbage like that. Flying under the radar is a good thing though.

Sooners - 42
Ducks - 7

I heard that, too. Pat Forde.

Anyway, you yahoos, I'm headed to the airport. Everybody have a safe weekend. I'll be the one with the 1970's superphonic oversized headphones on so my eardrums won't implode when Roboduck enters.

achiro
9/14/2006, 10:36 AM
OU 437
uo a big goose egg

achiro
9/14/2006, 10:37 AM
I forgot about the new clock rules

OU 321
uo a big goose egg

MiccoMacey
9/14/2006, 10:44 AM
Make us proud! :D

Pricetag
9/14/2006, 01:07 PM
Yeah, those mensas also picked TU over BYU. They were off by about 40 points.
He actually picked BYU by 13.

JonnyRed
9/14/2006, 01:31 PM
Al Eschback picke UO also.

StoopTroup
9/14/2006, 01:42 PM
Per THE KING...

Any victory in the RRSO was an away game...

Just sayin'

Also...I think FSU v OU 2000 Orange Bowl...also another type of game on their turf.

But I do see X's original point however.

Redshirt
9/14/2006, 01:50 PM
The last 3 times OU beat a ranked opponent (in their house) by 14 points or more...

1990 UCLA 34-14
1984 PITT 42-14
1976 KANS 28-10

All 3 of those teams finished the year unranked.

;)

So you are saying UO will finish the season unranked?

ColumbusSooner
9/14/2006, 01:59 PM
A Duck fan sets up a nice, slow softball pitch to USA Today's Erick Smith, and then.....

Lake Charles, LA: Autzen is a very tough place to play, for anyone. Are the Ducks the least respected team in the country year in and year out? Who will be the QB they look to for downfield stretches against an over -eager Sooner defense that has trouble breaking down and playing their assignment area??

Erick Smith: Autzen is one of the gems of college football that flies under the radar. But the Sooners are used to raucous atmospheres and have the benefit of a senior quarterback. Adrian Peterson should have a strong day against the Ducks defense. It will be up to the Oregon offense and quarterback Dennis Dixon to match Oklahoma. My pick is the Sooners.

http://transcripts.usatoday.com/Chats/transcript.aspx?c=826

Luthor
9/14/2006, 03:00 PM
OU has a mandate to beat the living crap out of those high lighter uniform wearing, puke10 stooges. I still can't believe they agreed to wear those idiotic colors. I'll have to seriously medicate before the game to keep down the motion sickness from 3 hours of those gawd awfull uniforms.

Pricetag
9/14/2006, 03:33 PM
I still can't believe they agreed to wear those idiotic colors.
The Tulsa World Picker described them as "honey and guacamole."

Luthor
9/14/2006, 04:16 PM
The Tulsa World Picker described them as "honey and guacamole."

I think I would discribe it as "fluorescent baby crap yellow and Alien lung tissue".

Harry Beanbag
9/14/2006, 04:20 PM
OUr D needs to play 4 quarters instead of 1 1/2 like last week. Jonathan Stewart is like a mini AD (he wears 28 and gets 7.4 ypc). They alternate Jeremiah Johnson in there and he's about as good (6.4 ypc). They have a number of receivers that can play (just like us) in Garren Strong, Jaison Williams, Brian Paysinger, Jordan Kent, James Finley, and Cameron Colvin. They have a very good O-Line that has allowed 0 sacks this season. Their TE (Dante Rosario) is a great safety valve that has gotten first downs on all five of his catches this year. Dennis Dixon is a run/pass threat in the same virtual mold as Stanback from last week. If we don't contain him, he'll beat us with his legs. If we try to make him beat us throwing, he can.

On D, they aren't as strong as last year, especially in the middle. Losing Haloti Ngata to the NFL has hurt more than a little. Their star LB (Blair Phillips) hails from the same state as Ruuufus.

Injuries to the ducks may help us the most. They lost starting CB Jackie Bates to a broken leg at the end of last week's game. They are already missing DT Ra'Shon Harris, DE Victor Felipe, and CB Terrell Ward.

Jonathon Stewart is a good player, but I'm not afraid of this guy...

http://www.americanphoto.co.jp/photosearch/Previews/CIN01002_245.jpg

StoopTroup
9/14/2006, 04:27 PM
I have it from a good source that we will not use any trick plays. ;)

the_ouskull
9/14/2006, 04:55 PM
Oregon's Defensive Line: Averages 261 pounds.
OU's Offensive Line: Averages 294 pounds.

AD > J.S.

I'm not saying that it's going to get ugly, 'cause we're a young team, playing their first road game in a VERY hostile stadium...

...but Oregon fan has some false bravado considering they had a better team than us last year and lost in the Holiday Bowl. They've got a worse team now, and, frankly, ours is better, IMHO.

the_ouskull

Desert Sapper
9/14/2006, 07:07 PM
Jonathon Stewart is a good player, but I'm not afraid of this guy...

http://www.americanphoto.co.jp/photosearch/Previews/CIN01002_245.jpg

I don't know, it's been a while, but I seem to recall that he made pretty short work of those Blackfeet at the end of the movie. And he was a heckofa shot with that ol' Hawkin .50. He was huntin' Grizz. Spek for the obscure movie reference. :D

Quack 10
9/14/2006, 10:12 PM
I have it from a good source that we will not use any trick plays. ;)

Yeah, us neither. :rolleyes:

And it isn't JJ you need to worry about, it's the offensive line:
http://www.ldsfilm.com/ar/images/CinemaSouthwest12.jpg

sooneron
9/14/2006, 10:15 PM
Oregon's Defensive Line: Averages 261 pounds.
OU's Offensive Line: Averages 294 pounds.

AD > J.S.

I'm not saying that it's going to get ugly, 'cause we're a young team, playing their first road game in a VERY hostile stadium...

...but Oregon fan has some false bravado considering they had a better team than us last year and lost in the Holiday Bowl. They've got a worse team now, and, frankly, ours is better, IMHO.

the_ouskull
I hear ya, but look at the weight match up the other way around. We too, are small on the DL.

the_ouskull
9/14/2006, 11:44 PM
OU's DL: 278
Oregon's OL: 303

25 pound difference.

It's 33 the other way around, so, not too big of a deal. It'd probably be completely different if I'd bothered to look up depth charts and just used starters too...

the_ouskull