PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports

TopDawg
9/13/2006, 11:13 PM
Is anybody else annoyed by their graphics and all the sounds they make when they come up? When they throw up the "first and ten arrow" on the field they have a little sound for it. They try to make it look like your TV screen is a spaceship and their graphics are parts of the machine, folding in and out to show you numbers. Of course, with sounds.

And then they have that stupid dancing football robot that they have dancing around/warming up sometimes as they thank their sponsors.

It kinda reminds me of the mid-90s when people started making their own personal websites and they'd put all those goofy bells and whistles on there just because they could.

Maybe they're just trying to distract us from the poor picture quality.

Harry Beanbag
9/14/2006, 06:25 AM
Yes.

RacerX
9/14/2006, 06:33 AM
I'm thrilled that there are so many games on tv.....you spoiled brat.

JonnyRed
9/14/2006, 08:32 AM
Yes, it is dumb!

TopDawg
9/14/2006, 09:14 AM
I'm thrilled that there are so many games on tv.....you spoiled brat.

That's the thing, though. You can't even see or hear the game because of all the loud, moving graphics!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/14/2006, 09:18 AM
That is why you mute it and do your own commentating

Ash
9/14/2006, 09:22 AM
What I would give for down and distance, time, and score (and number of time outs when it becomes a factor) being consistently and accurately put in some place where I can see it and announcers who know something about the game and do not try and be clever.

All the rest they can throw in a garbage bag and toss it over a bridge.

I don't need football games to be telecast like they're video games with cutesy graphics and sound effects.

SoonerJason
9/14/2006, 10:21 AM
Hate it... The Overstock.com first and ten or whatever.. lame

RacerX
9/14/2006, 10:42 AM
What I would give for down and distance, time, and score (and number of time outs when it becomes a factor) being consistently and accurately put in some place where I can see it and announcers who know something about the game and do not try and be clever.

And cleavage. Don't forget cleavage.

RacerX
9/14/2006, 10:42 AM
That's the thing, though. You can't even see or hear the game because of all the loud, moving graphics!
Shouldn't you be watching Sex in the City?

Ash
9/14/2006, 11:12 AM
And cleavage. Don't forget cleavage.

Of course!:D

PDXsooner
9/14/2006, 11:58 AM
it's like watching a sports version of "parker lewis can't lose"

OU James
9/14/2006, 04:13 PM
Nothing is as second rate as Fox SW college football though. The picture quality is BETesque with announcers that they borrowed from a high school game.

StoopTroup
9/14/2006, 04:22 PM
I wish they would broadcast a cheerleader cam and you could have it in the corner of your screen in PIP.

But...that's just me.

Bccajun
9/14/2006, 05:46 PM
BUT wait they are better than ABC.

Last weekend after AD score to make it 37-13 ABC felt the viewers in south Louisiana should change over and watch the Orangemen play overtime. I would much rather see the Sooners play and hear things I do not like than not to be able to watch them at all.

Just my view

Harry Beanbag
9/14/2006, 05:51 PM

Last weekend after AD score to make it 37-13 ABC felt the viewers in south Louisiana should change over and watch the Orangemen play overtime. I would much rather see the Sooners play and hear things I do not like than not to be able to watch them at all.

Just my view

They even did that to us out here in PAC-10 country.

GrapevineSooner
9/14/2006, 06:01 PM
Remember when the NHL was on Fox?

Remember how they'd have a robot animation after every goal?

Well, for those that actually watched the NHL on Fox? ;)

Come to think of it, they've been doing this for awhile, I think. It'll really get obnoxious once the playoffs in baseball get going.

Ash
9/14/2006, 07:31 PM

Come to think of it, they've been doing this for awhile, I think. It'll really get obnoxious once the playoffs in baseball get going.

Heh. I do remember that. I was hoping it wouldn't invade football games, though.:(

Desert Sapper
9/14/2006, 07:44 PM

Just my view

Here in Hotlanta I have to get Gameplan just to see the game, and I still had to watch the end of the Meeechigan game (the one where UM beat CMU 41-17 and the game was over shortly after the half) before they would even put the OU/UW game on. I missed the first two scores. At least I saw the end. :D

oupride
9/14/2006, 10:07 PM
Yes, the graphics annoy me its very distracting.

AllAboutThe'O'
9/14/2006, 10:09 PM

At least we haven't seen the glowing football. Yet, anyway.
I'm also in favor of ditching the dancing robot.