PDA

View Full Version : Sex In The City

TopDawg
9/13/2006, 10:42 PM
So back when this show was on HBO, BlindCajun's wife told my wife that she watched it all the time. We don't have HBO, so when it started coming on TBS, my wife started watching it based on the recommendation of BlindCajun's wife. She quickly fell in love with the show and watched it pretty regularly. There were reruns on some other channel at the time too. I'd watch it from time to time and, I admit, I enjoyed it just enough to occassionaly be confused enough that I wanted to know what was going on. Then my wife would explain it but say something like "It's hard to keep up with them rerunning different seasons on different channels at the same time. I just need to watch them from start to finish."

Now we've just recently reached our 3-year anniversary and I've already learned that what she was saying was really a hint disguised as a comment. I'm proud of that fact. It's not quite as impressive, however, when you consider that EVERYTHING a woman says is really a hint disguised as a comment (or question).

But getting back to the subject at hand, I decided that I'd get her the box set for her birthday which was just a few weeks ago. I thinks she's just about finished watching them all. When she first started watching them, I'd catch a scene every now and then and it seemed like every time I did, I was shocked at what they were saying/doing. I mean, I knew the TBS and other version were not going to be as explicit at the HBO version, but I had no idea how much they had to cut out/edit to put it on basic cable. I mean, I expected some language and a boob every now and then, but there was some other stuff that I was just like "WHA?!"

Point of the story: BlindCajun and his wife are pervs.

Now there's some Al Gore nip if I've ever seen it.

SicEmBaylor
9/13/2006, 10:44 PM
Wait, I thought you were a girl. Not to be insulting or anything, but I was almost positive you were a chick.

I am confused.

proud gonzo
9/13/2006, 10:46 PM
TD2K is a girl

sooneron
9/13/2006, 10:46 PM
No surprise from a zima drinker.

TopDawg
9/13/2006, 10:47 PM
Heh. I think you're thinking of TopDaugin2000. She was one of my apprentices.

LilSooner
So back when this show was on HBO, BlindCajun's wife told my wife that she watched it all the time. We don't have HBO, so when it started coming on TBS, my wife started watching it based on the recommendation of BlindCajun's wife. She quickly fell in love with the show and watched it pretty regularly. There were reruns on some other channel at the time too. I'd watch it from time to time and, I admit, I enjoyed it just enough to occassionaly be confused enough that I wanted to know what was going on. Then my wife would explain it but say something like "It's hard to keep up with them rerunning different seasons on different channels at the same time. I just need to watch them from start to finish."

Now we've just recently reached our 3-year anniversary and I've already learned that what she was saying was really a hint disguised as a comment. I'm proud of that fact. It's not quite as impressive, however, when you consider that EVERYTHING a woman says is really a hint disguised as a comment (or question).

But getting back to the subject at hand, I decided that I'd get her the box set for her birthday which was just a few weeks ago. I thinks she's just about finished watching them all. When she first started watching them, I'd catch a scene every now and then and it seemed like every time I did, I was shocked at what they were saying/doing. I mean, I knew the TBS and other version were not going to be as explicit at the HBO version, but I had no idea how much they had to cut out/edit to put it on basic cable. I mean, I expected some language and a boob every now and then, but there was some other stuff that I was just like "WHA?!"

Point of the story: BlindCajun and his wife are pervs.

Now there's some Al Gore nip if I've ever seen it.

I loved that show.

TopDawg

Do I drink zima or was that aimed at BlindCajun's wife?

SicEmBaylor
9/13/2006, 10:53 PM
TD2K is a girl
Thanks,
I need to create a "cheat sheet" to keep track of people.

SicEmBaylor
9/13/2006, 10:53 PM
Once you've had Zima you never go back.

TopDawg
9/13/2006, 10:56 PM
Once you've had Zima you never go back.

...for more?

Rhino
9/13/2006, 11:02 PM
I loved that show. ****.

TopDawg, is this one of those "hints disguised as a comment (or question)" you were talking about?

TopDawg
9/13/2006, 11:02 PM
Weird thing about that show...I used to have a big crush on Sarah Jessica Parker back in the day when she was in Girls Just Want to Have Fun. Loved that movie because of her. Then a few months ago I was watching Mannequin and I realized that the girl who played the mannequin (Kim Cattrall) is also on Sex in the City. Back then Kim was on the same level as SJP for me and now they're on the same show?! Weird. Especially since they hardly did anything worth noting between the two.

TopDawg
9/13/2006, 11:03 PM

TopDawg, is this one of those "hints disguised as a comment (or question)" you were talking about?

Heh. You wanna come burn some DVDs?

Rhino
9/13/2006, 11:06 PM
Yes. (don't tell Lil)

opksooner
9/13/2006, 11:34 PM
FACTOID:

The producer of Sex in the City, Cindy Chupack, is the daughter of an OU alum.

......my fraternity brother.

Sooner24
9/14/2006, 12:11 AM
I thought it was "Sex and the City", but what do I know.

yermom
9/14/2006, 04:49 AM
Weird thing about that show...I used to have a big crush on Sarah Jessica Parker back in the day when she was in Girls Just Want to Have Fun. Loved that movie because of her. Then a few months ago I was watching Mannequin and I realized that the girl who played the mannequin (Kim Cattrall) is also on Sex in the City. Back then Kim was on the same level as SJP for me and now they're on the same show?! Weird. Especially since they hardly did anything worth noting between the two.

shouldn't Helen Hunt be in there somewhere?

i liked SJP better as a nerd :)

fadada1
9/14/2006, 06:06 AM
whar ya been, TD???

Sooner_Bob
9/14/2006, 07:19 AM

Helen Hunt has her hawt moments.

sooneron
9/14/2006, 07:24 AM
Do I drink zima or was that aimed at BlindCajun's wife?
Your question is answered in post #9.

sooneron
9/14/2006, 07:26 AM
Why do you hate Honeymoon in Vegas!!??

SJP was at her peak during that flick.

OU4LIFE
9/14/2006, 07:29 AM
TD2K is a girl

agree to disagree.

colleyvillesooner
9/14/2006, 07:35 AM

Of course it is. She used past tense. I "loved" that show. Cause she can't watch it anymore, cause you're an asshat and didn't get her the box set for christmas last year. ;)

Cmon, man, I've only been engaged 2 months longer than you and even I know that. :D

TopDawg
9/14/2006, 09:12 AM

Mos def. I was 50/50 on whether to mention her or not.

Tune in, Tokyo. Tune in, Tokyo.

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/14/2006, 09:18 AM
I love that show. I have all 6 seasons on DVD.

The smart thing about it is that it's for sure a show for chicks but they put in just enough filth to get you guys to tolerate it. So no fighting over watching a chick show. We get to see what we want and you get to see boobies and butt.

Yay! We all win!

BeetDigger
9/14/2006, 09:39 AM
Helen Hunt has her hawt moments.

Yeah, when she's naked and not talking. :texan:

BeetDigger
9/14/2006, 09:43 AM
Charlotte scenes always get me to stop and watch while I am walking through the living room while the wife is watching. She's too much of a deb though. Loved the one where she was hooked on the Rabbit. Heh.

TopDawg
9/14/2006, 10:09 AM
I mean, I expected some language and a boob every now and then, but there was some other stuff that I was just like "WHA?!"

This is also a good way to describe SoonerFans. Especially during the "Friends reminded me" phase.

TopDawg
9/14/2006, 10:10 AM
Charlotte scenes always get me to stop and watch while I am walking through the living room while the wife is watching. She's too much of a deb though. Loved the one where she was hooked on the Rabbit. Heh.

Which one is Charlotte?

skycat
9/14/2006, 10:13 AM
The dark haired goody-goody one.

BeetDigger
9/14/2006, 10:23 AM
The dark haired goody-goody one.

With a rear end so sexy you could eat lunch off of it. :texan:

Viking Kitten
9/14/2006, 10:28 AM
What I loved about that show was the way the characters developed over the six seasons. It started out as just kind of a funny, smutty (yet well-written) show... then they started throwing curveballs at the characters that really humanized them, i.e. Charlotte and infertility, Samantha and cancer, Miranda and a baby. But despite the added drama, the show stayed sharp and funny; it never got sappy or overly emotional.

And I think I fell in love with Miranda during season six.

BeetDigger
9/14/2006, 10:33 AM

Go on....

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/14/2006, 10:55 AM
What I loved about that show was the way the characters developed over the six seasons. It started out as just kind of a funny, smutty (yet well-written) show... then they started throwing curveballs at the characters that really humanized them, i.e. Charlotte and infertility, Samantha and cancer, Miranda and a baby. But despite the added drama, the show stayed sharp and funny; it never got sappy or overly emotional.

Wanna come over, drink Cosmopolitans and watch season six with me?

:twinkies:

Viking Kitten
9/14/2006, 10:55 AM
Go on...
:D

I was in love with Charlotte too. I was watching season six on On Demand last week, specifically the episode in which Charlotte has a miscarriage, and then decided to be strong and go to Brady's first birthday party anyway, and she looked so fabulous in that pink dress and big black sunglasses that I just about wept.

And that is probably the gayest thing I've ever said on Soonerfans, so... you know... that's really saying something.

Viking Kitten
9/14/2006, 10:59 AM
Wanna come over, drink Cosmopolitans and watch season six with me?

:twinkies:

I draw the line at girly cocktails.

So I'll come over and we'll watch season six while drinking Guinness/Rolling Rocks.

Mjcpr
9/14/2006, 11:00 AM

So I'll come over and we'll watch season six while drinking Guinness/Rolling Rocks.

Don't forget your pillow. And camera.

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/14/2006, 11:00 AM

Word.

I can't believe VK and I are the ones that did gay-up this thread.

How sad.

TopDaugIn2000
9/14/2006, 11:02 AM
I loved the show, and have all but the last season on DVD. I also watch the reruns on other channels, and snicker at all the things I know they had to edit.

Viking Kitten
9/14/2006, 11:03 AM
I'm kind of ashamed. I ain't takin' any of it back though.

achiro
9/14/2006, 11:13 AM
SJP>>>>>>than KC
KC did nude scenes
SJP did not:confused:
:( :O :confused: :( :( :confused: :( :(

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/14/2006, 03:02 PM
I have yet to see an entire episode. I'll turn in my chick card now.

I keep saying that I need to watch it on DVD but haven't yet.

afs
9/14/2006, 04:11 PM
Everyone is missing the most important part of this thread.

What is up with BlindCajun?

Rhino
9/14/2006, 04:13 PM
Everyone is missing the most important part of this thread.

What is up with BlindCajun? He's around, he just doesn't get on the board as much anymore. He owns his own business now, so he's busy makin' some money.

He tried to sell some tickets on the swap board a few weeks ago. You shoulda said hi.

Skysooner
9/14/2006, 04:15 PM
I think it is actually Sex and the City. They pretty much had sex wherever they wanted. I kind of wondered if Kristin Davis ever did a nude scene on there.

Actually a quick Google search found that she did.