PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Starting CB out....

SoonerAcesUp
9/13/2006, 03:49 PM
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0906/360567.html

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 04:27 PM
Yep, that hurts too.
Now we are looking at 2 red shirt freshman or a JUCO transfer to fill the void. All 3 are extremely talented but not a great game to get your feet wet. We'll be fine though, we are deep at the safty position so worse case scenario we slide our starting free safty over, Patrick Chung, and put another safty to go back there. Our coaching staff lets you know how they feel more times than not and they dont appear to be to concerned.
Sound like y'all are gathering more confidence with your QB. He hasnt been tested yet I dont think, has he? You get outside of the stadium that shoots off a cannon everytime you score and you stick him in Eugene. You should know a whole lot more about your QB after Saturday.
Oklahoma is going to have to beat Oregon with your QB's arm because although AP will get his yards......we will eventually stack the box and i'm not sure if your QB will be able to handle making reads and checking out of things when everyone has ear plugs in.
Thats why they play the games though, right?

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 04:29 PM
Weather update:

Was supposed to rain a little bit on Saturday but now its looking like partial sun with high of 66.

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 04:34 PM
66 degrees here is the same as 90 degrees to y'all. Nice and cool.

RacerX
9/13/2006, 04:45 PM
too bad this board doesn't have a search feature.

OU_PhD
9/13/2006, 05:00 PM
Yep, that hurts too.
Now we are looking at 2 red shirt freshman or a JUCO transfer to fill the void. All 3 are extremely talented but not a great game to get your feet wet. We'll be fine though, we are deep at the safty position so worse case scenario we slide our starting free safty over, Patrick Chung, and put another safty to go back there. Our coaching staff lets you know how they feel more times than not and they dont appear to be to concerned.
Sound like y'all are gathering more confidence with your QB. He hasnt been tested yet I dont think, has he? You get outside of the stadium that shoots off a cannon everytime you score and you stick him in Eugene. You should know a whole lot more about your QB after Saturday.
Oklahoma is going to have to beat Oregon with your QB's arm because although AP will get his yards......we will eventually stack the box and i'm not sure if your QB will be able to handle making reads and checking out of things when everyone has ear plugs in.
Thats why they play the games though, right?

You think OU "shoots off a cannon" everytime they score? The only cannon (to speak of) on campus is at the ROTC building and its bolted to the ground and surely doesn't fire.

I don't think OU will win this weekend but they will have a chance. I wouldn't touch either side of this game if I was a betting man. Hopefully the Sooners pull through and beat the Ducks but at this juncture, I don't think it will happen. Defensively we just have not gotten the job done and have looked horrible outside of our last two quarters of play. Adrian Peterson is one half of the X-factor, the other being Bob Stoops. Either way, I hope for a great game.

SoonerAcesUp
9/13/2006, 05:10 PM
too bad this board doesn't have a search feature.

Had this been posted already because I used the search feature and couldn't find anything on it. Show me where it was posted and how to use the search feature because was just trying to relay new information (new to me).

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 05:39 PM
Who went to the game when it was in Norman? I was told that we travel well and were one of the largest vistor crowds in a while.
Those werent cannons? Something kept blasting off every other series a couple years ago.
We have sirens that go off when we score. Can hardly hear it though because of the noise.

TrophyCollector
9/13/2006, 05:45 PM
Who went to the game when it was in Norman? I was told that we travel well and were one of the largest vistor crowds in a while.

Seemed fairly average to me, UW and UCLA had just as many.

Those werent cannons? Something kept blasting off every other series a couple years ago.

Shotguns. And it just seemed like every other series because we only shoot them off when we score.

We have sirens that go off when we score.

How gay.

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 05:47 PM
We have sirens that go off when we score. Can hardly hear it though because of the noise.

shotguns brother....shotguns.

i think most of us here are season ticket holders. had quite a few people there however, i couldn't see after the first quarter for three reasons.....those fuggin yellow shirts that your fans were wearing....i was drunk........and i had a touch of heat stroke that day i think i don't know that day is kinda blurry

jrsooner
9/13/2006, 05:48 PM
The only cannon (to speak of) on campus is at the ROTC building and its bolted to the ground and surely doesn't fire.Don't forget Old Trusty. :)

http://students.ou.edu/D/Michael.P.Downes-1/Trusty.jpg

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks, thanks, and thanks. Usually the visitor crowd does think the siren is, as you put it "gay" because that means were scoring.
You sound like a bitter fan. Whats wrong? Having a bad day?

Readyfor8
9/13/2006, 06:01 PM
I was in Felgore the other day and they fired off the Air Force ROTC Cannon, it just about shook the entire building.

mrowl
9/13/2006, 06:06 PM
I think UW had a bigger crowd than oregon.

And the sirens are as stupid as diamond-patterns on pants.

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks, thanks, and thanks. Usually the visitor crowd does think the siren is, as you put it "gay" because that means were scoring.
You sound like a bitter fan. Whats wrong? Having a bad day?

my guess is the siren won't be going off much saturday.

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 06:07 PM
I think UW had a bigger crowd than oregon.

And the sirens are as stupid as diamond-patterns on pants.

or air conditioned compartmentalized football uniform system thingies.

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 06:10 PM
Wow, really. Fuskies going down larger than our crowd. Thats interesting becasue they didnt even fill half their stadium for their first game at home. Being in the sellar of the confrence for the last couple of years will do that to you though.

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 06:18 PM
Wow, really. Fuskies going down larger than our crowd. Thats interesting becasue they didnt even fill half their stadium for their first game at home. Being in the sellar of the confrence for the last couple of years will do that to you though.

maybe they are out in the woods lookin for sasquatch or snatchsquatch. whichever or both.

Paperclip
9/13/2006, 07:21 PM

Oregon's crowd was decent, but Nebraska, K-State and Alabama have all brought more. I might have remembered the Oregon crowd more, but they weren't making a whole lot of noise at 31-7.

douxpaysan
9/13/2006, 07:43 PM
University of Oregon: Cornerback Jackie Bates

Junior Jackie Bates is the lone returning cornerback with game experience in the Oregon secondary.

Following the graduation of All-American Aaron Gipson and All-Pacific-10 Conference Justin Phinisee, Bates will be relied on to guard the opponent's best receiver and to provide leadership for younger defensive backs.

Five freshmen (two true) and a junior college transfer are also vying for playing time at the cornerback position.

Bates will likely man Stanford receiver Mark Bradford, who has twice caught seven passes for more than 100 yards in his career against Oregon. Bradford, at 6 feet 2 inches, has a height advantage over the shorter Bates, who stands at 5 feet 10 inches.

Bates had the chore of guarding Stanford's 6-foot-7-inch receiver Evan Moore two years ago, a task that Bates believes he accomplished well.

"I did a pretty good job with him. We contained him pretty well," Bates said. "We'll just approach him as any other guy. We're going to respect all of our opponents and we want to go out and make plays."

Bates said the Oregon cornerbacks will be tested often and early on deep routes, which Oregon coach Mike Bellotti said was Stanford's game plan last season.

"They went long a ton last year," he said.

Bates, who started two games last season and seven in his career, has eight career pass breakups, two interceptions and 59 tackles.

- Shawn Miller

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 07:45 PM
University of Oregon: Cornerback Jackie Bates

Junior Jackie Bates is the lone returning cornerback with game experience in the Oregon secondary.

Following the graduation of All-American Aaron Gipson and All-Pacific-10 Conference Justin Phinisee, Bates will be relied on to guard the opponent's best receiver and to provide leadership for younger defensive backs.

Five freshmen (two true) and a junior college transfer are also vying for playing time at the cornerback position.

Bates will likely man Stanford receiver Mark Bradford, who has twice caught seven passes for more than 100 yards in his career against Oregon. Bradford, at 6 feet 2 inches, has a height advantage over the shorter Bates, who stands at 5 feet 10 inches.

Bates had the chore of guarding Stanford's 6-foot-7-inch receiver Evan Moore two years ago, a task that Bates believes he accomplished well.

"I did a pretty good job with him. We contained him pretty well," Bates said. "We'll just approach him as any other guy. We're going to respect all of our opponents and we want to go out and make plays."

Bates said the Oregon cornerbacks will be tested often and early on deep routes, which Oregon coach Mike Bellotti said was Stanford's game plan last season.

"They went long a ton last year," he said.

Bates, who started two games last season and seven in his career, has eight career pass breakups, two interceptions and 59 tackles.

- Shawn Miller

ha ha

Indy Sooner
9/13/2006, 07:57 PM

What is most interesting is the command of basic punctuation and spelling demonstrated by U. of Oakley fans...

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 08:18 PM
"Fuskies" is what we call the Huskies in Oregon. Didnt expect you to pick up on it but maybe other readers out west would. Nice try though, oh ya sorry for missing the question mark too. Are you gonna check behind my ears now too, Mr spell checker?
Post something about the game, that would be more interesting.

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 08:24 PM
"Fuskies" is what we call the Huskies in Oregon. Didnt expect you to pick up on it but maybe other readers out west would. Nice try though, oh ya sorry for missing the question mark too. Are you gonna check behind my ears now too, Mr spell checker?

how bout SELLAR? is that some kinda tree huggin term for your dope dealer? im normally the last person to be the grammar police but your smack has gone from pretty crisp to staggering. i suspect boones farm so im going to have to ask you to pull this web tv over.......

Earickson
9/13/2006, 08:27 PM
Are you a SEAL, if so, say hi to Charlie Sheen for me. I heard he's a SEAL too, saw it in a movie once.

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 08:35 PM
I hope you dont check spelling all the time because I was going to say, even though mine has gone from crisp to brutal, yours has been bad the whole time. Flat out bad!
Some good talking points, mostly flaming but spelling and grammar awful.

Texas Golfer
9/13/2006, 08:35 PM
Bates' injury is unfortunate. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 08:49 PM
I hope you dont check spelling all the time because I was going to say, even though mine has gone from crisp to brutal, yours has been bad the whole time. Flat out bad!
Some good talking points, mostly flaming but spelling and grammar awful.

again MCdicsniffer, i type what comes out of my mind i don't bother to reread and rehash. i also stated i was the last person to call the grammar police on someone. you ma'am, are stoned out of your gord.

RacerX
9/13/2006, 09:00 PM
Had this been posted already because I used the search feature and couldn't find anything on it. Show me where it was posted and how to use the search feature because was just trying to relay new information (new to me).

One of the threads (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77760&highlight=oregon+broken)

And it's not you, you just happen to be the guy to post about the 4th duplicate topic today. That's all.:D

On the bright side, at least you were on topic for this weekend!

Indy Sooner
9/13/2006, 11:08 PM

No, I was able to pick up on your little queer term describing the only school in Bigfoot land to have ever won a national championship. It was the multiple misspellings and omitted apostrophes that immediately identified you as a functional illiterate. Are you a Portland Comm. College dropout living a deluded fantasy as an Oakley U. graduate?

Oh, and since you asked for something game related-- here's something about the difficulty of non Pac-10 programs playing in a state primarily known for a trail-- I clearly recall the last time a team made a long trip to play out in big, bad Eugene. Indiana (basketball school) left that quiet stadium a 30-24 victor. Now that's interesting...

QuackAttack
9/13/2006, 11:14 PM
No, I was able to pick up on your little queer term describing the only school in Bigfoot land to have ever won a national championship. It was the multiple misspellings and omitted apostrophes that immediately identified you as a functional illiterate. Are you a Portland Comm. College dropout living a deluded fantasy as an Oakley U. graduate?

Oh, and since you asked for something game related-- here's something about the difficulty of non Pac-10 programs playing in a state primarily known for a trail-- I clearly recall the last time a team made a long trip to play out in big, bad Eugene. Indiana (basketball school) left that quiet stadium a 30-24 victor. Now that's interesting...

24-1 verses out of conference opponents in Eugene. Indiana being that humiliating loss. Should be 25-0. Mind you Michigan was one of the wins, who was ranked 3rd in the country at the time.

Oklahoma and Oregon football histories are not on the same planet for comparison, not many programs can boast as Oklahoma can; but, do not underestimate the importance of the Ducks being in Eugene in the game Saturday. The thing I am most confident about is that it will be a hard fought, close game. Victory will not come easy for either team.

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/14/2006, 12:11 AM

Original. Read posts like your on almost evr board. I never post so it's not usually intended for me but oh well. You sound like a nice guy but boring.