PDA

View Full Version : "Ya'll came an awful long way to get beat . . . "

OK2LA
9/13/2006, 02:52 PM
How many times did you hear this at the Holiday Bowl? (Or for that matter - any away game you've attended)

I'm going to the game on Saturday, and I'm setting the over/under at: 30 minutes from the moment I touchdown in Portland that some knucklehead greets me with this flash of brilliance.

It's funny to, because it always starts off the same way - JUST LIKE IT DID IN SAN DIEGO . . .

Quacker: "Hey! Where ya'll from?" (Posing the question quite cordially - trying to start up a conversation)

Sooner: "Well, we live in L.A., but we all went to OU."

Quacker: "Ya'll sure did come an awful long way to get beat! He he."

Sooner: "I'm not sure if you were listening or not . . . you know - to the original question that you posed to me - You asked me where I was from. Now normally, I'd say: "I'm from Oklahoma" - because I'm proud of that, but I've been living in California for over 10 years now, and, well, I call California home. I think that after you've lived somewhere for over a decade, that's probably where you're "from" - when people pose that kind of question. Your question was: "Where ya'll from?" I'm actually FROM my mother's womb, but I didn't think you wanted me to get THAT specific - I was BORN in Oak City, but I'm not sure that you wanted me to be that specific either. I assumed you meant WHERE DID I TRAVEL FROM. If this is the case, again, I live in in a little town called Los Angeles - I'm not sure if you've heard of it - 2nd largest city in the United States - It's about a hundred miles north of here - an hour and a 1/2 drive.

"ABOUT 880 MILES LESS THAN YOU TRAVELLED!"

Quacker: "Heh, heh." "Sure did come a long way to get beat."

Sooner: "Yeah - we sure did."

achiro
9/13/2006, 03:14 PM
I don't get it?

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 03:18 PM
Glad your coming up here to watch the football game. Welcome to Oregon and hope you have a good time and every one is nice to you, but please never post another conversation again. I am now dumber after reading that.

tbl
9/13/2006, 03:21 PM
Zing!!! I thought it was a decent read, but ALW did zing you. :)

Miko
9/13/2006, 03:45 PM
I thought they used "dude" in place of y'all.

But what do I know? I'm an f'n hillbilly. :D

OK2LA
9/13/2006, 03:55 PM
Glad your coming up here to watch the football game. Welcome to Oregon and hope you have a good time and every one is nice to you, but please never post another conversation again. I am now dumber after reading that.

It takes a big man to admit his faults - I can see that Oregon education has been paying off in spades. Good luck on becoming smarter . . .

See you this weekend.

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 04:02 PM
Sorry Bro! I didnt mean to hurt your feelings. Im still glad your making the trip.
About the "y'all" thing. Moved to Dallas for 4 years and now that im back I cant get rid of it.

Lets get some score predictions:

Obviously i'm going with the Ducks 27-24

What say you?

OK2LA
9/13/2006, 04:29 PM
Sorry Bro! I didnt mean to hurt your feelings. Im still glad your making the trip.
About the "y'all" thing. Moved to Dallas for 4 years and now that im back I cant get rid of it.

Lets get some score predictions:

Obviously i'm going with the Ducks 27-24

What say you?

You didn't hurt my feelings at all! I just felt compelled to reply since you said you were dumber after reading my post . . . :D (no offense taken!)

I actually have enjoyed your recent posts - very well said/spoken/written.

No reason to explain your "y'all" thing either. I say the same thing. - I'm proud of my redneck heritage . . . .

I think your score is pretty close to what it'll be -

31-24 - good guys

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 04:31 PM
Have you ever been to Oregon?
Let me know if you need a run through of things to do, I mean bars to go to in Eugene :)

OK2LA
9/13/2006, 04:37 PM
Let me know if you need a run through of things to do, I mean bars to go to in Eugene :)

Never been to Eugene - please let us know where would be the best places to go - Friday night, and then on gameday for a pre-game bloody mary - are you able to drink (open containers) on gameday - through campus? We'll also be looking for a good place to watch the neb/suc game afterwards . . .

OUster
9/13/2006, 04:51 PM
Let me know if you need a run through of things to do, I mean bars to go to in Eugene

Don't fall for it OK2LA! It's a trick! It will be like the scene in Animal House where Neidermeyer tricks Boone into going to the hotel and the frat boys kick his AISHE! Animal House was filmed at UO and "A,L,W" smokes his cigarettes through a long filter...just like Neidermeyer!

olevetonahill
9/13/2006, 05:09 PM
All I want to know is what the hell is Ya'll ?
Dont tell me ducks say Y'all
cause that aint right !

oumartin
9/13/2006, 05:16 PM
we witnessed a spat and now a make up and possible union between a sooner fan and oregon fan.. I love football.

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 05:34 PM
Either short, long or no filter at all.......i'll smoke it and so would you.
No funny tricks here, just want to see y'all have a good time. I'll give you a run down on where to go in just a minute.
Some fans will be jerks but on all our forums we are asking everyone to be extra nice because to y'all because you were so nice to us, hold on let me get a tissue.
Whoever is going, when you walk up to the stadium you wont think much of it except for the fact that it's very modern on the outside but the field sits below the ground so when you walk in your walking in about 3/4 of the way up. Still not large but once you get in there you will get excited.

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 05:37 PM

correction. you are dumber for posting an objection to having to read a conversation.........thanks for playing though.

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 05:41 PM
I just saw the "post reply button" at the bottom and since this is a forum I thought I should reply. This isnt the paper!
I know it works because you hit it too.

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 05:41 PM
Either short, long or no filter at all.......i'll smoke it and so would you.
No funny tricks here, just want to see y'all have a good time. I'll give you a run down on where to go in just a minute.
Some fans will be jerks but on all our forums we are asking everyone to be extra nice because to y'all because you were so nice to us, hold on let me get a tissue.
Whoever is going, when you walk up to the stadium you wont think much of it except for the fact that it's very modern on the outside but the field sits below the ground so when you walk in your walking in about 3/4 of the way up. Still not large but once you get in there you will get excited.

mmmhmmm you smoke with this one and you'll be like this picture in the backwoods of oregon squeelin.

http://www.s-plan.fslife.co.uk/deliverance/deliverance_pants.jpg

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 05:46 PM
Isnt this a football forum? Let me know when the topic changes.
One thing I have noticed about your forum......jump off topic quickly and go to your favorites to pull up pics from last thanksgiving.
Fun, but havent got many takes on your football team this weekend.
Hopefully your team shows up better than your best posts.

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 05:50 PM
Isnt this a football forum? Let me know when the topic changes.
One thing I have noticed about your forum......jump off topic quickly and go to your favorites to pull up pics from last thanksgiving.
Fun, but havent got many takes on your football team this weekend.
Hopefully your team shows up better than your best posts.

rofl whatever. you KNOW your mouth started watering at the thought of getting one of our more plump fans out by himself. we beat you 20 hows that for football talk. AD (thats adrian peterson) will get about 175 and ENA will get around 275 through the air. now what?

http://static.flickr.com/28/36995814_dd1abc37fc.jpg

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 05:59 PM
ENA? Who's that, your QB? The same guy that couldnt complete a first down against TCU and was moved to wide reciever only go back to the QB because there isnt any else there to play. Thats the guy who you think will throw for 275 yards? If he is so great then why was the fall skying when Bomar got kicked off? Interesting. You may be right but thats a stretch and I think most of the other fans would agree.

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 06:00 PM
doubt it. don't make me break on stats on your azz.......its way too oearly for that and i typically don't do it until texasswhole week.

http://www.retrograde-radio.com/images/duck_head.jpg

OK2LA
9/13/2006, 06:05 PM
rofl whatever. you KNOW your mouth started watering at the thought of getting one of our more plump fans out by himself.

Hey, hey - I'm working on it - Jenny Craig is doing wonders

TexasLidig8r
9/13/2006, 06:09 PM
Get 'em Air.. Quack Attack 'em!

They love being abused!

Serve 'em up with orange sauce!

:D

olevetonahill
9/13/2006, 06:10 PM
ENA? Who's that, your QB? The same guy that couldnt complete a first down against TCU and was moved to wide reciever only go back to the QB because there isnt any else there to play. Thats the guy who you think will throw for 275 yards? If he is so great then why was the fall skying when Bomar got kicked off? Interesting. You may be right but thats a stretch and I think most of the other fans would agree.
I negged ya for talking Bad about ENA .;)

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 06:11 PM

They love being abused!

shaddup ambulace chaser. you've got bigger problems like who's going to right that white water raft you call a team.

olevetonahill
9/13/2006, 06:15 PM

They love being abused!

I negged you for just being a :texan:

olevetonahill
9/13/2006, 06:16 PM
shaddup ambulace chaser. you've got bigger problems like who's going to right that white water raft you call a team.
Dont you know Can that thing sank
To many buckeyes piled on it :D

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 06:17 PM
Sounds like a real nice guy, your QB. Everyone respects him and and is thought alot of. I was just giving you our prospective about him. Little sensative about his raw talent throwing the ball down field I guess.
He could come out and put up big numbers and then y'all would really start feeling good about your team. Could happen, im not saying it wont. But how many of you beleive he is really capable of doing that?

olevetonahill
9/13/2006, 06:18 PM
Sounds like a real nice guy, your QB. Everyone respects him and and is thought alot of. I was just giving you our prospective about him. Little sensative about his raw talent throwing the ball down field I guess.
He could come out and put up big numbers and then y'all would really start feeling good about your team. Could happen, im not saying it wont. But how many of you beleive he is really capable of doing that?
Me
thanks for playing

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 06:25 PM

beleive it or not, this state was deep into the national championship picture every year before the spruce goose was ever flown to that trash can you call a state.
we know three things in this state, fruitbasket. football, high school football and recruiting.

i think everyone knows ENA is capable. we have seen him for 5 years. he was playing behind this cat with the name of Jason White. heard of him? he was then passed up for youth with the most upside. what upside was that? don't know the coaches didn't call me and let me know. I personally think it was fire and attitude and youth. i have seen ENA throw a 40 yard rope in both a game and practice and ive seen him do it this year. you tell me.....can he do it? and would you bet your life on it?

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 06:27 PM
Your no fun Bro. Guess i'll end my takes if they dont even show up.

SCOUT
9/13/2006, 06:27 PM

I believe he is capable of doing that too. He didn't play well against TCU last year but our offensive line wasn't exactly helping him either.

Paul didn't win the starting job over what's his name for several reasons. Their talent level was actually pretty close which is why the QB battle went all the way into the season.

Paul isn't going to win the Heisman this year but I do think he is a good QB. The trouble for opposing teams is that if you focus too much on AD then Paul does have the ability to make you pay. We also haven't seen very much of his running ability yet and I will tell you that it is impressive.

The Sooners win a close one 31-27.

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 06:36 PM
Im not saying that he's not capable of competing, im just questioning wether or not he is capable of becoming a diffrence maker when he is forced to.
He did throw some good balls last week but he also throw some bad balls with guys wide open. He may not make those same poor throws this weekend but we do know that he is capable of being inconsitent and killing drives.
The rest of your is very solid I think, maybe even great but when it comes down to who is taking the snaps and running the team and you have a guy who is questionable its worth noting.
Especially in a game like this, and with a crowd notoriuos for shaking opposing QB's.
We have had QB's come into Autzen and light us up before but they are all starting on Sundays now or atleast backing up.

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 06:40 PM
Im not saying that he's not capable of competing, im just questioning wether or not he is capable of becoming a diffrence maker when he is forced to.
He did throw some good balls last week but he also throw some bad balls with guys wide open. He may not make those same poor throws this weekend but we do know that he is capable of being inconsitent and killing drives.
The rest of your is very solid I think, maybe even great but when it comes down to who is taking the snaps and running the team and you have a guy who is questionable its worth noting.
Especially in a game like this, and with a crowd notoriuos for shaking opposing QB's.
We have had QB's come into Autzen and light us up before but they are all starting on Sundays now or atleast backing up.

demmit you're about to make me break out the stats.........

listen his rating is higher than the heisman frontrunner right now. he doesn't have to be the game winner, he has to "manage" the game and let peterson run...... you don't have enough horses......even if you put 14 in the box.

Vaevictis
9/13/2006, 06:43 PM
ENA? Who's that, your QB? The same guy that couldnt complete a first down against TCU and was moved to wide reciever only go back to the QB because there isnt any else there to play. Thats the guy who you think will throw for 275 yards?

I'd just like to say that for the first two games of the season, he's thrown for 224 and 272.

Now, I'll admit that you guys are a higher level of competition than UAB and Washington, but let's do be fair. The guy is doing alright.

If he is so great then why was the fall skying when Bomar got kicked off? Interesting. You may be right but thats a stretch and I think most of the other fans would agree.

As of last year, Paul Thompson and Bomar were regarded to be roughly equal in ability. The difference was Paul had (has) only this year left for eligibility; Bomar could have been a four year starter. No matter which way you look at it, that has the potential to HURT. Maybe not this season, but 2-3 seasons down the road, it can hurt.

Also, Paul had been practicing at WR for the past year or so. Whether he would be ready in time was an issue. He's shown he's ready. Bomar's being gone is now a non-issue for this year.

olevetonahill
9/13/2006, 06:48 PM
I must spread some neg arround before hittin another duck :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
The only ?ble thing about ENA is his deep throws
And Ive witnessed him hitting them
So bring Yalls loud quacks or whatever and try to disorient a 5th yr senior ;)
Be sure to check back after the game and have your serving of Crow :P

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 06:52 PM
I think you get my point. No need to break out the stats weve all seen those. My last take and in my opinion the difference in this game will be how well your QB will play. He will have his moments like last weekend but he will also have some of his other moments like last week.
If he plays the way he did last week then I really like our chances. As far as our offense has looked and QB play, nothing but incouraging and actually a bit scary. All the tools, knows the offense, big play guy, returning offensive line, 7 deep at wide receiver for his picking, 2 outstanding backs and oh ya, ONLY 50K folks in the stadium wearing Yell "O".
Looking forward to the game. Y'all already have won the recent series but we will be looking to knock you off and expect to do so.

Paperclip
9/13/2006, 07:42 PM
ONLY 50K folks in the stadium wearing Yell "O".

http://www.gregpitts.com/siteimages/o-face.jpg

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 07:42 PM
you were Incouraged by your f*cking kicker taking an option pitch into the end zone to win the game against Fresno State?

your qb has all the tools eh? is this the same qb that played us in the holiday bowl to the tune of 14-27 for 163 yards and 16 yards rushing? as they say in texas.....ain't skeered. lets see, you're missing your big runner and if dixon is looking at life through his ear hole, you guys will not be scoring much. now, on to your defense........you guys are allowing 153 yards a game???? demmmm and that's not even a back like peterson hitting you yet....demmmmm you guys are allowing 187 per game passing and that WAS with your most experienced dback in there. now what? hes gone for the year.......

you think you had mismatch problems? wait till those undersized linebackers have to cover a 6'6" and 6'7" tight ends and 6'3" and greater wide outs at the same time worrying if that qb ducking down was an actual handoff...or a fake. and they freeze to find out..................B O O M!!!!!!! here comes peterson at them full speed.....he grabs grab for jersey as he oles him... its too late. hes gone. its now up to the safety. "poor bastard" he thinks to himself. Juke. he broke the strong safety off at the ankles. stiff arm. he broke the free safety off at the spine.......

you had a pretty stiff fat man squad last year for a dline....they're gone. rmember that.

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 08:19 PM
*crickets chirping*

really? that's all you got?

jeez. i was really hoping you were going to tell me how you were going to allow a running back from fresno get 154 on you last week and will be able to stop peterson from getting 200 on yas.....

if you want no more, i give you three in the pink.....one in the stink

http://tvmegasite.net/images/primetime/gothic/drew/mimi$.jpg

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 08:30 PM
Nice post!
No but seriously, a couple of buddies of mine actually hooked up with 2 OK chix's when we went down to Norman and they did actually get 2 in the pink and 1 in the stink. Thats so funny you said that becasue we bring it up all the time and wont let them forget about it.
That wasnt you they actually hooked up with was it Pink Jello?

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 08:42 PM
Nice post!
No but seriously, a couple of buddies of mine actually hooked up with 2 OK chix's when we went down to Norman and they did actually get 2 in the pink and 1 in the stink. Thats so funny you said that becasue we bring it up all the time and wont let them forget about it.
That wasnt you they actually hooked up with was it Pink Jello?

no bish......remember your mother getting drunk at her company christmas party and sitting bare azzed nekkid on the copier then you found her in the board room with that dude..............thet was me.

this was her that evening. btw she love calling me sanchez. i just left her house and right now shes wearing my "free mustache ride" shirt :)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/dewayne33/dirty-sanchez.jpg

QuackAttack
9/13/2006, 08:47 PM
Oregonians do not use Y'all. You're off by about 2k miles. However, I do believe the rest of your tale.

And, I have to agree, you're travelling a long way to get beat (finally!)... (hopefully!)....(maybe?)... oh hell, enjoy your stay.

goingoneight
9/13/2006, 09:05 PM
Me thinks JB's ready for gameday... Not getting diarrhea of the mouth until we prove something. OU is just vulnerable enough to flop again like we did against UCLA in 2005. However, I don't think a noisy stadium is gonna make ENA fumble 7 times.

Triple overtime victory, the winner goes for it on 4th and long for the TD. Guess which coach isn't afraid to gamble... That's about as clear as the outcome of this game is right now...

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 09:13 PM
I think that's how most logical people are thinking the game will play out. On the Oregon boards im not reading any large margin victories. Well a couple but theyre just flaming.
Your QB probably wont even fumble once but he will have a hard time checking out of something if he sees a mismatch and wants to go to it.
I agree with your take and it's nice to hear logic.
Either way, this game will give a huge nod to the winner going into confrence play.

TrophyCollector
9/13/2006, 09:19 PM
Your QB probably wont even fumble once but he will have a hard time checking out of something if he sees a mismatch and wants to go to it.

Unless our coaches come up with that new ninja trick where the QB can signal with their hands... Hang on, I gotta call coach Stoops and tell him that idea. Man, you guys are for sure going to lose now.

QuackAttack
9/13/2006, 09:23 PM
Unless our coaches come up with that new ninja trick where the QB can signal with their hands... Hang on, I gotta call coach Stoops and tell him that idea. Man, you guys are for sure going to lose now.

Not meant to be offensive, but, what gives you confidence that the Sooner OL will have the discipline to work with earplugs and hand signals after their display last week in their own stadium? I definitely would expect a vast improvement by their OL over last week, but, to assume they will be air free due to the "ninja hand signals" and earplug therapy is overtly presumptious.

TrophyCollector
9/13/2006, 09:25 PM
, but, to assume they will be air free...

I think the Sooner OL will remain air free, but if they could fly we could have some really cool trick plays.

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 09:25 PM
This is out of Rivals.

"Oregon running back Jonathan Stewart wears number 28, was the nation's top rated running back coming out of high school and describes himself as a power back with great speed. Remind you of somebody? Adrian Peterson may be looking across the field at his mirror image when Oklahoma faces Oregon on Saturday."

Now I know y'all are saying to yourself, "get a life". This kid really is special and has had this one ( OKlahoma game ) circled ever since his freshman year. Because he knows he can make some noise for himself against the nations best back in yours truly. He was the top rated runner nationaly out of high school for most of the year. He weighs something like 235 and ran a 4.35 40. He has already broken many lifting records at Oregon already too.
Our back up RB is also no sloutch. This will also be a difference between this year and last years team. Oregon fans were screaming for a running game all year but it never came to be.
He didnt play last weekend because of a bum ankle but we are reading now that he will be 100% and ready to go on Saturday.
It wouldnt be the same without back there competing.

QuackAttack
9/13/2006, 09:31 PM
I think the Sooner OL will remain air free, but if they could fly we could have some really cool trick plays.

lmao nice find. but not as good as this one.

THIS IS FOR THE ORIGINAL POSTER

What are the odds that an Oregonian sports beat writer posts an article today making fun of Oklahoma fans for asking Duck visitors to Norman if "Y'all drove from Oregon..." hehe.

http://www.oregonlive.com/canzano/index.ssf?/mtlogs/olive_JohnCanzano/archives/2006_09.html#182874

TrophyCollector
9/13/2006, 09:32 PM
Now I know y'all are saying to yourself, "get a life". This kid really is special and has had this one ( OKlahoma game ) circled ever since his freshman year. Because he knows he can make some noise for himself against the nations best back in yours truly. He was the top rated runner nationaly out of high school for most of the year. He weighs something like 235 and ran a 4.35 40.

Adrian Peterson
615 carries - 3,337 yards - 32 TDs

J. Stewart
76 carries - 359 yards - 9TDs

And don't forget that career high 47 yard game he had against Houston as a Freshman! All AD did was set an NCAA record and go to NYC his first year.

Wow, it is like a mirror image!!!

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 09:32 PM
This is out of Rivals.

"He weighs something like 235 and ran a 4.35 40. He has already broken many lifting records at Oregon already too.

F*&K me running!!!!! hes been lifting weights?!?!?!?!

that's it. we're screwed.

usmc-sooner
9/13/2006, 09:34 PM
to quote a boxer who knocked his opponent out

I'm here for my *** whuppin

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 09:39 PM
Just making the point that he has the whole package......speed and strength. Thanks for making me spell it out.

He only played very limited time last year because of our senior running back and he also was hurt for most of the season. Go ahead and start searching for some of the only runs he had last year. Most of them are high light reels. He was on the Heisman watch list already this year and the list was only about 6 deep. If the voters are taking notice and this kid has hardlt touched the ball maybe you should too.

No, im not baked just wish I was.

badger
9/13/2006, 09:44 PM
Life is like a hurricane ii---in. Duck-berg.

Lasers, racecars, air-i-planes it's a... duck-blur!

Might solve a mystery...

or rewrite history!

Ducktales! Wooooooo!

Jello Biafra
9/13/2006, 09:45 PM
Just making the point that he has the whole package......speed and strength. Thanks for making me spell it out.

He only played very limited time last year because of our senior running back and he also was hurt for most of the season. Go ahead and start searching for some of the only runs he had last year. Most of them are high light reels. He was on the Heisman watch list already this year and the list was only about 6 deep. If the voters are taking notice and this kid has hardlt touched the ball maybe you should too.

in the infamous words of .......somebody. tell justin timberlake or j stewart to bring it don't sing it. he won't be the first running back who thought he was somebody and it won't be the last. anyone on the board tell me hom many times ruuuuuuu has decleated a running back? for you less savy (oregon ) football fans that is a play that actually knocks someone from their cleats insted of pushing, slamming, tripping, gently laying or otherwise to the ground......

can anyone on this board tell the quakers how many heismans candidates we've faced in the last 6 years and how many have actually done some damage?

TrophyCollector
9/13/2006, 09:47 PM

Holly ****, you have to be kidding trying to compare this kid to AD. It would be insulting if you compared him to AD's used jock from 8th grade.

He didn't play much his Freshman year, because he didn't do S*IT! We had a Sr. RB too, but let's just compare the two as Freshmen.

AD 2004-
339 carries -1,925 yards (5.7 ypc) - 15 TDs

JS 2005-
53 carries - 188 yards (3.5 ypc) - 6 TDs

On what f'd up planet are those two RBs anything alike???

picasso
9/13/2006, 10:37 PM
we witnessed a spat and now a make up and possible union between a sooner fan and oregon fan.. I love football.
hehe

jwlynn64
9/13/2006, 10:58 PM
Feel good about your team, talk up your players but please don't insult Paul Thompson. He is the ultimate team player.

He practiced hard.
Red Shirted his Junior Year for the team.
Won a hard fought competition to be the starter last year.
Faced a very good team (ended the season with only one lose) behind an offensive line that didn't help him at all.
Was pulled before he had a chance to rally the troops.
Lost the starting job only because of his year in school.
Immediately switched positions to try and help the team.
Switched back to QB for the very same reason.
Has played very well this year.

He has done nothing this year to warrant anyone questioning his ability. He has only missed open receivers a half a dozen times and has had almost twice as many strikes dropped by receiver.

If your basing your opinion on his one half of play from last year then you are working from an old handbook.

He is the epitome of class. If he switched to the PAC-10, then the amount of class in your league would immediately double (don't be offended, it is more of a compliment to Paul than a slam on your conference).

Sorry for the rant. I'm just about fed up with the unwarranted criticisms.:hot:

Please feel free to come back and discuss his performance after the game. I'm confident that you will have had a change of heart.

olevetonahill
9/14/2006, 12:14 AM
ENA aint gonna fumble ;)
And can one of you quakers please tell me How in hell AD is gonna look across the line and see Himself ?:confused:

Jewstin
9/14/2006, 01:56 AM
First post here ... migrated over after getting fed up with the ESPN College Football forums. There's nothing but trolls and idiots in virtually every single forum. I ended up spending the majority of my time trying to defend Paul Thompson against all the naysayers but then realized some of those people would argue with a brick wall.

In any event, having read this thread, I have to ask ... why do people refer to Paul Thompson as ENA? Wondering what that stands for. ;)

stoopified
9/14/2006, 09:33 AM
Don't fall for it OK2LA! It's a trick! It will be like the scene in Animal House where Neidermeyer tricks Boone into going to the hotel and the frat boys kick his AISHE! Animal House was filmed at UO and "A,L,W" smokes his cigarettes through a long filter...just like Neidermeyer!Actually it was Otter ,not Boone just FYI.Hey Martin why Boneheads' mugshot as your avatar?

ADs_Agent
9/14/2006, 09:38 AM
First post here ... migrated over after getting fed up with the ESPN College Football forums. There's nothing but trolls and idiots in virtually every single forum. I ended up spending the majority of my time trying to defend Paul Thompson against all the naysayers but then realized some of those people would argue with a brick wall.

In any event, having read this thread, I have to ask ... why do people refer to Paul Thompson as ENA? Wondering what that stands for. ;)

Ebony Ninja Assassin

Ash
9/14/2006, 09:44 AM
Yeah right.

ENA = elitist naysaying agrarian

OUmillenium
9/14/2006, 09:54 AM
Don't fall for it OK2LA! It's a trick! It will be like the scene in Animal House where Neidermeyer tricks Boone into going to the hotel and the frat boys kick his AISHE! Animal House was filmed at UO and "A,L,W" smokes his cigarettes through a long filter...just like Neidermeyer!

Have a beer...don't cost nothin

TexasLidig8r
9/14/2006, 09:59 AM
Jello... I think I'm warming up to your own, unique brand of... smack talking.. it's like.. Dolemite-lite. :D

Jello Biafra
9/14/2006, 04:21 PM
pffft

Jello Biafra
9/14/2006, 04:21 PM
Jello... I think I'm warming up to your own, unique brand of... smack talking.. it's like.. Dolemite-lite. :D

im glad i get the texass state seal of approval........

how many murderers did you free today counselor?

HoustonStephen
9/14/2006, 04:32 PM
ALW is grasping at straws. I hope your Def Co. thinks ENA can't throw...

Jewstin
9/14/2006, 05:13 PM
Ebony Ninja Assassin

LMAO! Sitting here in the Price computer lab when I read that ... I don't think the other students appreciated my bellowing.

Love it.

TexasLidig8r
9/15/2006, 08:18 AM
im glad i get the texass state seal of approval........

how many murderers did you free today counselor?

Nah.. I don't do that type of work.

Now.. I did abuse some poor plaintiffs for the sake of corporate greed. Does that count?