PDA

View Full Version : STOOPS IS A MEANIE!!!!---THE SPORTS ANIMAL

The_Red_Patriot
9/13/2006, 02:25 PM
So is anyone listening to this. Humphires and Traber are tree huggin saying he is mean to the media.

He is but damn, they are the freakin media who take shots at him and the team all the time.

SoonerBorn68
9/13/2006, 02:31 PM
The Oklahoma media is nothing but a bunch of prima donas. I quit listening to the Sports Animal/KREF about a year ago. Whiney bunch of pusses, the lot of them. I'm not fond of listening to 50% of commercials & promos either.

To me Traber & Al are the only ones who are decent...at times, & they've gone downhill in the last couple of years too. I will listen to them during the pregames occasionally.

As far as the DO goes: Stop reading it. Pretty simple stuff. Who cares what jerkoff Trammel & Rhode's got to write anyway? I get my Sooner news from soonersports.com, this board, & sometimes from the Norman Transcript online.

DrZaius
9/13/2006, 02:36 PM
I am a huge fan of Sirius. They have several good College sports programs that are pretty good. Be careful though, once you get Sirius you will never want to listen to FM/AM again. It is really really kick***.

On gameday you can listen to either the Sooners broadcast or the other teams. It is pretty cool.

oumartin
9/13/2006, 03:01 PM
I have been outta the loops so i really don't care what they say anymore. I watched a very good Sooner football team the second half against washington.. If they win this weekend you better watch out.
Screw the Sports animal.. SB68.. I owe you.

unless i hate it.

Rhino
9/13/2006, 03:02 PM
When was the last time Traber or Hump attended a Stoops press conference? Never? Oh, then what the hell do they care?

I thought we established Stoops' attitude toward media seven years ago when he basically told Steve Neuman to **** off when Neuman called 7-5 "a great year". Why are they all-the-sudden up-in-arms about this? They really don't have anything to talk about, do they?

astro5169
9/13/2006, 03:17 PM
Does Sirius carry thee big 12?

tbl
9/13/2006, 03:24 PM
You mean thou big 12...

Soonerviewer
9/13/2006, 03:24 PM
Did you see what Tulsa World sports editor Mike Strain said about Stoops today on his blog? Thinks he's done at OU. Read it at www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra

Zing
9/13/2006, 03:28 PM
Does Sirius carry thee big 12?

Yeah. XM doesn't.

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/13/2006, 03:33 PM
I like Myron Patton on KREF

SoonerBorn68
9/13/2006, 03:45 PM
SB68.. I owe you.

unless i hate it.

SUH-WEET!

...and you prolly will. ;)

daddywarbucks
9/13/2006, 03:49 PM
Did you see what Tulsa World sports editor Mike Strain said about Stoops today on his blog? Thinks he's done at OU. Read it at www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra

heres the comment I made to them:
Why does an NCAA investigation seem inevitable? Noone has even hinted at this in any official position. This is nothing more than spin doctoring to take jabs at not only the university of Oklahoma, but at a wonderful father husband and finally coach. Lets see some facts, or sell your rag somewere else.

GDC
9/13/2006, 03:50 PM
They're a bunch of pussies.

Miko
9/13/2006, 03:56 PM
Now waitaminute! These media guys have to be the best of the best of the best, sir!

You get your degree in journalism and/or your washed up career in sports. You slave away in a small market, paying your dues and learning your trade. If you're really, really good at your craft, work hard, and catch a few breaks, your career takes off like rocket and you land the sweetest of all plum assignments in the media capital of civilization: OKC or tulsa.

It's not likethese guys are burned-out has-beens or wet-behind-the-ears never-will-bes stuck in some dinky little backwater like say a major network, or NY, or LA. Or even Hou or Chi or Atl.

No, these are truly the tops in their field, those who have climbed that mountain and reached the very pinnacle of success!

We salute YOU, Mr. Whiney Oklahoma Media Type.

daddywarbucks
9/13/2006, 04:00 PM
REEEEAAAALL MEN OF GENIUS!!

ADs_Agent
9/13/2006, 04:41 PM
wasn't it Tramel who compared Stoops' control to Switzer's?

RacerX
9/13/2006, 04:44 PM
somebody needs to call in and pick a golfer.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/13/2006, 04:48 PM
actually a called just made Traber silent for a moment earlier...

He said Stoops has a clause in his contract saying he has to deal with the media...
Traber: correct
Caller: Traber you have something in your contract saying you have to deal with callers...
Caller: Well At times I ve heard you call the caller a moron or some other name, and say I m not talking to you and hang up on them right..
Traber: Right
Caller: Well Why cant Stoops get tired of the media and tell them I m not answering that question and get irritated with you guys?
Traber: silence for 5 seconds then rambled off stupid stuff

ADs_Agent
9/13/2006, 04:49 PM
I quit listening to the Sports Animal. Especially since Craig Humpries is a joke. He said that Lance Armstrong ruined the sport of cycling, LANCE ARMSTRONG. He's an American hero.

ADs_Agent
9/13/2006, 04:53 PM
actually a called just made Traber silent for a moment earlier...

He said Stoops has a clause in his contract saying he has to deal with the media...
Caller: Traber you have something in your contract saying you have to deal with callers...
Caller: Well At times I ve heard you call the caller a moron or some other name, and say I m not talking to you and hang up on them right..
Traber: Right
Caller: Well Why cant Stoops get tired of the media and tell them I m not answering that question and get irritated with you guys?
Traber: silence for 5 seconds then rambled off stupid stuff

burn!!!

DrZaius
9/13/2006, 05:06 PM
I did not think that Mike Strains article is that bad. I haved always wondered myself why Stoops over the years has been short with everyone in the media. I mean I really look forward to his interviews and such but the shorts snippy answers to every question really dissapoints me. I am looking for insight to our program and I would really like to know how he truly feels about the defense and offense and stuff. Not read him attacking the questioner as if he is being asked the stupidist question in the world. One thing I wish he would have learned from Spurrier is how to do an inerview, Spurrier does not like the press much either but he also understands that the fans and families of the players read those articles and he gives good press.

Do NOT read much into this because I absolutely LOVE BOB STOOPS and he can do no wrong in my book. It is just getting a little tired that all.

Octavian
9/13/2006, 05:11 PM
<shrill Jim Traber voice>I did not think that Mike Strains article is that bad. I haved always wondered myself why Stoops over the years has been short with everyone in the media. I mean I really look forward to his interviews and such but the shorts snippy answers to every question really dissapoints me. I am looking for insight to our program and I would really like to know how he truly feels about the defense and offense and stuff. Not read him attacking the questioner as if he is being asked the stupidist question in the world. One thing I wish he would have learned from Spurrier is how to do an inerview, Spurrier does not like the press much either but he also understands that the fans and families of the players read those articles and he gives good press.

Do NOT read much into this because I absolutely LOVE BOB STOOPS and he can do no wrong in my book. It is just getting a little tired that all.</shrill Jim Traber voice>

picasso
9/13/2006, 06:40 PM
somebody needs to call in and pick a golfer.
hahahahaha! the not so good ole days!!!!

boomrsoonr
9/13/2006, 06:48 PM
Strain is a dumbass. He also says that OSU could win the Big 12 South. There goes any credibility that he might have had, which isn't much.

ADs_Agent
9/13/2006, 06:49 PM
OSU couldn't win the south division of Class 4A High school

1991SOONER
9/13/2006, 07:00 PM
Strain is a dumbass. He also says that OSU could win the Big 12 South. There goes any credibility that he might have had, which isn't much.

BMAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

OSU WIN WHAT????

goingoneight
9/13/2006, 08:51 PM

They already beat Texass last week, why not?

Wishboned
9/13/2006, 08:59 PM
Not read him attacking the questioner as if he is being asked the stupidist question in the world.

But some of those questions are the most stupid questions in the world.

badger
9/13/2006, 09:57 PM
As a member of the Oklahoma media (for those of you who know me, please keep me anonymous), I have found OU's access to football coaches and players after the game very accommodating. Some players are just... EXCITED! They're just excited to talk about the game, their teammates, their coaches. That is probably my favorite part.

As for Stoops, he has no patience for ignorance. I can't say I do, either. Do you?

SOONER44EVER
9/13/2006, 11:28 PM
As a member of the Oklahoma media (for those of you who know me, please keep me anonymous), I have found OU's access to football coaches and players after the game very accommodating. Some players are just... EXCITED! They're just excited to talk about the game, their teammates, their coaches. That is probably my favorite part.

As for Stoops, he has no patience for ignorance. I can't say I do, either. Do you?
Give me 2 million a year and I'll listen to ignorance all day long. :D

GottaHavePride
9/14/2006, 12:09 AM
Give me 2 million a year and I'll listen to ignorance all day long. :D
I think you would find that the amount of ignorance thrown at you would increase exponentially if you were making that kind of money. ;)

SOONER44EVER
9/14/2006, 12:23 AM
I think you would find that the amount of ignorance thrown at you would increase exponentially if you were making that kind of money. ;)
I could deal with it. Trust me. As it is I listen to ignorance all the time............for free! :D