PDA

View Full Version : Any Star Struck tOSUfans here

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/13/2006, 02:11 PM
Your sweater-vesters better keep getting better, cause you're gonna have to battle the suc at the end of the year, most likely. I would rather see your gang of thugs win it than Carroll's Crybabies.

9/13/2006, 03:03 PM
Whatsa matter, no football fans on this board?

yermom
9/13/2006, 04:16 PM
i'm thinking ND drops a game or two but manages to beat SUC

maybe it's wishful thinking

i'm not sure who can beat tOSU in the Big 10/11 though

Rhino
9/13/2006, 04:32 PM
huh?

centralohioguy
9/13/2006, 06:22 PM
Nobody in Columbus is looking that far ahead. The Big Ten may be down this season, but plenty of things can still go wrong for the Buckeyes. Penn State, Iowa and Michigan, not to mention Michigan State (the jekyl and hyde of the conference) could all ruin the party.

TUSooner
9/13/2006, 06:29 PM
Nobody in Columbus is looking that far ahead. The Big Ten may be down this season, but plenty of things can still go wrong for the Buckeyes. Penn State, Iowa and Michigan, not to mention Michigan State (the jekyl and hyde of the conference) could all ruin the party.
True dat. But I was pretty impressed with how they took over the Tejas game.

centralohioguy
9/13/2006, 06:43 PM
It's a long season. I like this years Ohio State squad. The run defense is suspect, and a lot of people around here are worried about the field goal kicking. The secondary is also a concern. Whether or not the offense can carry this team remains to be seen.

StoopTroup
9/13/2006, 06:53 PM
After seeing what ND did to Penn St....

I'm not thinking tosu will have that much to worry about.

9/13/2006, 08:10 PM
i'm thinking ND drops a game or two but manages to beat SUC

maybe it's wishful thinking

i'm not sure who can beat tOSU in the Big 10/11 thoughI like Tressel, and Ginn. I don't have any appreciation for the suc. They have won too many Nat. titles, and Carroll needs to move on to the pros.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/13/2006, 08:13 PM
I guess this was inappropriate for the football forum ;)

yermom
9/13/2006, 08:55 PM
I like Tressel, and Ginn. I don't have any appreciation for the suc. They have won too many Nat. titles, and Carroll needs to move on to the pros.

i just don't think SUC will get there

i'd love to see Reggie shut down Ginn though

not to mention show him up on returns ;)

9/14/2006, 12:32 AM
I guess this was inappropriate for the football forum ;)I guess it's appropriate for YOU to play the PC card.

9/14/2006, 12:34 AM
i just don't think SUC will get there

i'd love to see Reggie shut down Ginn though

not to mention show him up on returns ;)Are you talking about OUR Reggie? We'll have to improve a lot before I start envisioning a NC game for us this year!

Ardmore_Sooner
9/14/2006, 01:03 AM
It's a long season. I like this years Ohio State squad. The run defense is suspect, and a lot of people around here are worried about the field goal kicking. The secondary is also a concern. Whether or not the offense can carry this team remains to be seen.

Man a few years ago that was your strongest point!

yermom
9/14/2006, 01:40 AM
Are you talking about OUR Reggie? We'll have to improve a lot before I start envisioning a NC game for us this year!

if we can get by Oregon, i think we have a pretty good shot

i am wearing my Crimson colored glasses though

centralohioguy
9/14/2006, 01:45 AM
Mike Nugent is pretty much irreplacable; the guy broke all kinds of scoring records as a kicker, and he went to the NFL. Our new guy will be ok by seasons end IMO, but it's kind of scary not having a reliable field goal kicker. In any case, the three games I'm most worried about are the night game @ Iowa, the game @ Michigan St. and Michigan at home. Those are the 3 teams most likely to knock off Ohio St. before bowl season, IMO.

Scott D
9/14/2006, 08:39 AM
huh?

mental clarity isn't one of his strong points ;)

TexasLidig8r
9/14/2006, 09:16 AM
Central.. you seem like a pretty level headed Buck...

Texas didn't have much trouble shutting down the Buck's running game. What Big 10/11 teams have a strong secondary and could give the Buck's trouble?

Also, it seems like the Bucks had trouble shutting down the running game against both NIU and Texas. What grind em out, 3 yards and a cloud of dust team is going to give the Bucks the most trouble?

Oh.. a begrudging congrats on a game well played by the Bucks.