PDA

View Full Version : Sooo is DJ wolfe

daddywarbucks
9/13/2006, 01:40 PM
going to start on saturday? If not who do you want?

astro5169
9/13/2006, 01:46 PM
I want Roy Williams. Maybe Dallas doesn't need him since they suck.

We are 4.5 point dawgs.....Stupid betters.

FlatheadSooner
9/13/2006, 01:47 PM
Lendy should start. Then maybe give DJ a chance in second half if things looking good scorewise.

Ash
9/13/2006, 01:51 PM
I want Roy Williams. Maybe Dallas doesn't need him since they suck.

We are 4.5 point dawgs.....Stupid betters.

Only if Mike Stoops comes back to coach him. even TRRW would suck under Venables.

astro5169
9/13/2006, 01:53 PM
True....So terribly true....

I miss all of our great players. Teddy was under utilized. Boz was underutilized and really they did hold Roy back a lot as well.

KYHonorarySooner
9/13/2006, 01:55 PM
going to start on saturday? If not who do you want?

Lendy makes sense of the starter given DJ's lack of being able to cover deep vertical routes and Walker seemingly being somewhat injured. Although, how many deep vertical routes will the UO receivers be running on Saturday? Is that their game? In my opinion their game relies on running the ball with their committee of backs as well as the ability of the quarterback to run the ball a little and complete short to intermediate passes. If this is the case DJ might make the start given he is a solid hitter and plays well around the line of scrimmage.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
9/13/2006, 02:00 PM
Only if Mike Stoops comes back to coach him. even TRRW would suck under Venables.

:rolleyes:

well, it seems nickzepp made disciples

daddywarbucks
9/13/2006, 02:01 PM
my sarcasm alarm just went crazy....and someone is a little bitter...hmm....hmmmmm?

astro5169
9/13/2006, 02:01 PM
Who????

SoonerGOP
9/13/2006, 02:08 PM
I heard D.J. Wolfe was transferring to Sam Houston State.

He might get more playing time there...

Lendy starts until he sucks really bad.

Widescreen
9/13/2006, 02:24 PM
Venables said earlier this week that DJ was not a candidate to start Saturday. It was going to be between Walker and Holmes.

Ash
9/13/2006, 02:24 PM
my sarcasm alarm just went crazy....and someone is a little bitter...hmm....hmmmmm?

Yes to first. No to last part.

well, it seems nickzepp made disciples

No way. :eek:

SoonerHawk
9/13/2006, 02:25 PM
DJ is just undersized. You have to have perfect technique and great speed to be able to play corner at his size.

Ash
9/13/2006, 02:45 PM
For the sarcasm challenged, especially whoever negged me for that post:mad: :

My first post in this thread was not meant to be taken seriously.

C'mon people, lighten up.

Who the hell would really say that, anyway?

:rolleyes:

oumartin
9/13/2006, 03:05 PM
Mike may be available to coach after this year! ;)

Ash
9/13/2006, 03:19 PM
Mike may be available to coach after this year! ;)

heh

Ash
9/13/2006, 03:26 PM
On a serious note. DJ has made a couple of very impressive plays, but has also (obvious to everyone) gotten burned. Stoops has recently said (can't remember if it was on the replay or his press conference) that the positions are open for competition and it's about whoever is making (or not making plays) on the field - no matter who that is.

He also mentioned that boundary gets attacked more in college. It wasn't that the other side was being avoided, it's a matter of shorter throws on that side of the field. I was wondering what people thought about that.

daddywarbucks
9/13/2006, 03:37 PM
BTW it was not I that negged you I always leave a calling card;)
But I do agree that wolfe will be sitting this one out...anyone see the replay later that night showing the camera angle along the sidelines and stoops sling his pointed thumb towards the bench? I bet he ate his arse out and barked down the hole after that.

cschellman
9/13/2006, 04:00 PM
I think the problem with OU's secondary isn't the players. They are plenty talented. It's the schemes. I think a bit of it is the lack of fundamentals training as well. I think all of our DBs are good, but it is really frustrating to see OU get zero INTs over 2 games. We have missed too many opportunities to catch some of the lame duck passes our opponents have put out there.

Ash
9/13/2006, 04:02 PM
BTW it was not I that negged you I always leave a calling card;)
But I do agree that wolfe will be sitting this one out...anyone see the replay later that night showing the camera angle along the sidelines and stoops sling his pointed thumb towards the bench? I bet he ate his arse out and barked down the hole after that.

That's fine. I try not take things people post on this board personally, but obviously someone took my smart-a** post above seriously and personally, for some reason. Whatever, bound to happen I guess.

I still think DJ has potential, he's a good athlete and has obviously shown something that the coaches like. I don't know if it's concentration or just lack of experience that contributes to his missed assignments.

badger
9/13/2006, 09:38 PM
dj wolfe isn't going to start for anything except special teams until he proves that he is ready to play in a game situation. He needs to be able to come off the bench and immediately provide a spark to the defense, like Lindy did (no 51 yard passes from Warsh after that switch).

Do I want him to get a second chance? Of course. Will he? Time will tell.

ouwasp
9/13/2006, 11:56 PM
I say start the guy that practiced the best this week. Don't want anyone to start feeling "entitled, rememeber...

jwlynn64
9/14/2006, 01:15 AM
I think the problem with OU's secondary isn't the players. They are plenty talented. It's the schemes. I think a bit of it is the lack of fundamentals training as well. I think all of our DBs are good, but it is really frustrating to see OU get zero INTs over 2 games. We have missed too many opportunities to catch some of the lame duck passes our opponents have put out there.

Last game Jason Carter missed two that went right to him. I think that Walker also missed another that hit his hands but he was diving at the time.

I read earlier that Carter would not be starting. I guess that he's getting a little time for introspection because of the misses. One of the misses led to a Washing TD that made our blow out not seem as bad. It also screwed AP and Gut a chance to get into the game since we never had the ball after that play.

Sooners78
9/14/2006, 10:04 AM
I heard that the reason Lendy (and not Marcus) came in for DJ was because he's been practicing at the boundary corner. Marcus has been practicing behind Smith at the other corner. However, because Marcus has been looking so good in practice, they would give him a chance to compete with Holmes for the boundary spot.

Big Red Ron
9/14/2006, 10:06 AM
Everyone needs to be very careful about what they say about DJ, certainly so sarcasm or dry humor. He's apparently got some family on here or the quasi-noob's will getcha!

Ash
9/14/2006, 10:13 AM
Everyone needs to be very careful about what they say about DJ, certainly so sarcasm or dry humor. He's apparently got some family on here or the quasi-noob's will getcha!

Heh. That seems to hold for any post with dry humor or sarcasm in this thread. I guess make sure you put in ;) :rolleyes: :D :eek: or :P after every other word so that some people can interpret your post.

Big Red Ron
9/14/2006, 10:15 AM
Heh. That seems to hold for any post with dry humor or sarcasm in this thread. I guess make sure you put in ;) :rolleyes: :D :eek: or :P after every other word so that some people can interpret your post.Yeah because combining rational thought and a seven year history on SoonerFans is just too hard.

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 11:57 AM

Nick, is that you?

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 12:04 PM

That being said, there has been some over-the-top ripping of DJ that just isn't fitting. I'm probably a quasi-noob . . . but I didn't see any of the most respected users on this board jumping on the "beat-the-hell-out-of-DJ" thread that was started earlier this week.

There's a difference between expressing frustration over someone's play or coaching, which is always legit . . . and making sweeping statements about the player himself.

StoopTroup
9/14/2006, 12:14 PM
Heh. That seems to hold for any post with dry humor or sarcasm in this thread. I guess make sure you put in ;) :rolleyes: :D :eek: or :P after every other word so that some people can interpret your post.
Or you could become a sponsor and know who neg'd you.

:pop:

Ash
9/14/2006, 12:48 PM
Nick, is that you?

Bother reading more than one post?

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 12:51 PM
Bother reading more than one post?

I think I squeezed in maybe two before impatiently pulling the trigger on that one. My bad!!!:D

But hey, you could look at it as more of a tribute to Nick, if you like.

Ash
9/14/2006, 12:51 PM
Or you could become a sponsor and know who neg'd you.

:pop:

Not the point. I could give a flip. The point was someone flying off the handle without paying any attention to the post.

Talk about bait. Some of the people who have big post counts are acting like n00bs right now. The response to that post has been waaayyy off base.

As for the over-the-top criticism of DJ, read my other posts. Then let's talk.

Ash
9/14/2006, 12:52 PM
I think I squeezed in maybe two before impatiently pulling the trigger on that one. My bad!!!:D

But hey, you could look at it as more of a tribute to Nick, if you like.

No prob.

As fer a tribute to Nick, ehhh..that's cool...err...I guess...:D

StoopTroup
9/14/2006, 01:36 PM
Not the point. I could give a flip. The point was someone flying off the handle without paying any attention to the post.

Talk about bait. Some of the people who have big post counts are acting like n00bs right now. The response to that post has been waaayyy off base.

As for the over-the-top criticism of DJ, read my other posts. Then let's talk.
I didn't bring up DJ to you.

DJ's gone. In other posts I've said that I wonder if he'll see the field at all the rest of the year.

I wouldn't call someone negging you flying off the handle.

As far as being a noob with a high post count...

I negged you for that one.

You can check with just about any short or long time poster here...

It takes quite a noob to get me to neg someone who supposedly is a Soonerfan.

Straighten up and fly right noob.

MojoRisen
9/14/2006, 01:40 PM
Lendy makes sense of the starter given DJ's lack of being able to cover deep vertical routes and Walker seemingly being somewhat injured. Although, how many deep vertical routes will the UO receivers be running on Saturday? Is that their game? In my opinion their game relies on running the ball with their committee of backs as well as the ability of the quarterback to run the ball a little and complete short to intermediate passes. If this is the case DJ might make the start given he is a solid hitter and plays well around the line of scrimmage.

Yeah but then he may cheat up and get burned deep by a no name reciever- I think he needs to ride the pine for atleast one game and watch what is going on a little better. .. He is capable but that is very tough to recover from and detrimental to get beat for 60 yard pass plays....

KingDavid
9/14/2006, 01:46 PM
Did I read correctly that UO's best receiver runs a vision-blurring 4.7 and is the second fastest of all the WR's? I know he's got size . . . but geez louise . . . that makes me want to suit up and try out for the ducks.

I say we pull Adrian Taylor's and Gerald McCoy's RS's and start them at the corners, and give all our corners the week off.

Ash
9/14/2006, 01:54 PM
I didn't bring up DJ to you.

DJ's gone. In other posts I've said that I wonder if he'll see the field at all the rest of the year.

I wouldn't call someone negging you flying off the handle.

As far as being a noob with a high post count...

I negged you for that one.

You can check with just about any short or long time poster here...

It takes quite a noob to get me to neg someone who supposedly is a Soonerfan.

Straighten up and fly right noob.

Sorry about attributing the DJ comments to you. I was responding to two different posts and must have gotten them mixed up.

As for the other stuff, whatever.:rolleyes:

I have no quarrel with you or anybody else on this board. If you read my other posts you'll see where I'm coming from: I'm a Sooner fan that finds this board and the people who post here to usually be entertaining and insightful.

I try to contribute to that as much as is possbile. Some of my posts are sarscastic, some are more serious. If you find them good, bad, or indifferent that's up to you. Read 'em or ignore 'em, neg 'em or spek 'em. I'd like to be a contributing member to this board, including (when I'm able to) becoming a sponsor. And you can do with that what you want.