View Full Version : Wow I see why the Oklahoman is Ranked Low

JonnyRed
9/13/2006, 12:36 PM
What sport is for?:

http://newsok.com/article/2846488

Edmond Memorial coach isn't satisfied with success

By Brandon Chatmon
The Oklahoman

Edmond Memorial won the Edmond Memorial tournament, which included Stillwater, Enid and Bixby, last weekend.
Yet coach Edgar Miraku believes the defending 6A champion Bulldogs still have a way to go before they can think repeat.

"It (winning last year) has given the girls a big head. They don't seem to realize other teams are working harder and we have a target on our backs," Miraku said.

Even with the addition of McAlester transfer Kelsey Hancock, Edmond Memorial is ranked fifth in Class 6A due to a tendency to play up to its opponents' level.

"That's why we're fifth right now," Miraku said. "We feel like we can turn it on because we are strong offensively, but if you need a strong back row and to be able to control the ball, too."

badger
9/13/2006, 10:01 PM
back row=volleyball

before I went the Cross Country route in high school, I had a morbid jr. high season in volleyball. What a stupid sport to compete in. We all know it's for the beach and the beach alone.

Stoop Dawg
9/16/2006, 12:41 AM
While beach volleyball is certainly more fun (IMO), indoor is a much faster game.

And yes, you should probably mention the sport when you're doing a write up like that. The Oklahoman is a joke.