PDA

View Full Version : D.O.'s Rhode picks Quackers

stoopified
9/13/2006, 10:22 AM
by 12. Can you believe that sh*t? 12??!!I'm sorry but what is he snorting?This is on the page 2 sports editorila page in the game picks.I could see him making a case for UO to win,but by 12?!!

sooner94
9/13/2006, 11:17 AM
See the post on how the Oklahoma media are a bunch of idiots that don't know anything about football.

It is a tough game for us but I don't see how a reasonable person would predict Oregon by 12.

soonervegas
9/13/2006, 11:20 AM
I didn't think it was THAT crazy. If you are going to pick UO to win....your best best is to pick them TO WIN. OU is not going to lose a game like this 20-17.

sooneron
9/13/2006, 11:22 AM
I didn't think it was THAT crazy. If you are going to pick UO to win....your best best is to pick them TO WIN. OU is not going to lose a game like this 20-17.
Well, there's some famous last words. I hope you were knocking on wood as you typed that.

soonerfootball
9/13/2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah, didn't they also question ENA's ability to run the offense?...they don't know anything ..But our D better show up. I think Peterson and ENA are to big of leaders to let Oregon run away with it. If Peterson get's 30 to 35 touches then we win easy.

sooneron
9/13/2006, 11:39 AM
Easy?

Soonermagik
9/13/2006, 11:40 AM
Folks, its the Joklahoman enough said!!!!

SoonerObsession
9/13/2006, 12:16 PM
Maybe we should wait till Saturday night before we say how rediculous this is. In case you have not noticed, we could be playing better than we are right now. That being said, I think we win by 2 td's!

soonervegas
9/13/2006, 12:17 PM
Well, there's some famous last words. I hope you were knocking on wood as you typed that.

Ha ha. I'll just fade away for 6 months so I don't have to hear about it. I just think if it is a close one....we win it.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/13/2006, 12:19 PM
I don't think it's an unfair prediction. If our defense can play consistently, then we will do well, if they play like they have been then it may be a long day...

The Consumate Showman
9/13/2006, 12:29 PM
All you have to do is read Trammel and you can see how off base our media department is. Trammel, last week, was blaming Paul for his turnovers against UW...For christ's sake, let's put blame where blame is due. Chris Messner was DIRECTLY responsible for both of his turnovers in the UW game. If Chris could learn to pass block, Paul would be cruising right now (easier than he already is that is!). Chris is like Wes Sims. They can run block pretty good, but their pass blocking is not that good.

And don't get me started on that tub-o-lard-reject-cowgirl Rhode...I can't stand his dumb-azz! His articles are pointless. He rarely makes any kind of statement worth reading.

I can say that I've been around to different states and such, as I'm sure most of you guys on here have, and I have to say that Oklahoma City's media, both TV and Newspaper, SUCK. We never find out about anything until the day of or they freakin hide crap sofar in the back of the newspaper and in the absolute worse places that you never realize something is going to happen until it's too late.

The Consumate Showman
9/13/2006, 12:33 PM
I don't think it's an unfair prediction. If our defense can play consistently, then we will do well, if they play like they have been then it may be a long day...

No.

If we don't turn the ball over, we will win. we can afford 1 turnover at the MOST out there. Any more than that and we're screwed.

When you have great players on D like we have in Rufus, Bird, Ah You, Thib, Big John, and Reggie, it's just a matter of time before they all get it completely straight and come together as a unit and start dominating. Remember, we once led Tulsa 3-0 at half and came back to beat them and had a pretty darn good Defensive, and regular, season. All we are really waiting for is our DT to get it together and for J Carter to be named the starter. Have faith in our D guys. They'll get it, and when they do, AFLAC had better look out.

RacerX
9/13/2006, 12:40 PM
If we score more points than Oregon, we win.

BOOK IT!

okcusooner
9/13/2006, 01:26 PM
I like our chances if,

OU commits no more than one turnover,
The solid punting continues,
Hartley hits everything within 35 yards.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/13/2006, 01:30 PM
No.

If we don't turn the ball over, we will win. we can afford 1 turnover at the MOST out there. Any more than that and we're screwed.

When you have great players on D like we have in Rufus, Bird, Ah You, Thib, Big John, and Reggie, it's just a matter of time before they all get it completely straight and come together as a unit and start dominating. Remember, we once led Tulsa 3-0 at half and came back to beat them and had a pretty darn good Defensive, and regular, season. All we are really waiting for is our DT to get it together and for J Carter to be named the starter. Have faith in our D guys. They'll get it, and when they do, AFLAC had better look out.

I'm in complete agreement with you there. But like you said, it's a matter of time before they get it straight. I was just saying if they don't get it straight this game, I can see the reasoning of being picked to lose by 12. That being said, if they do get it straight this game, I could see uo not scoring an offensive td.

The_Red_Patriot
9/13/2006, 01:52 PM
Thats the Oklahoman for ya. Read the Tulsa World.

Trammell Toe sux

TheUnnamedSooner
9/13/2006, 01:54 PM
Berry Trammell is an idiot. The sports writers here in Dallas aren't too bad

jdsooner
9/13/2006, 02:20 PM
CBS experts don't like us either: http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/expertpicks

4-1 for Oregon. Harmon's prediction is 30-25.

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 02:38 PM
Want to hear the thoughts of an Oregon fan?
Sounds like y'all have tons of talent but then again you always do so we have to base this around actual play on the field instead of upside. I think many Duck fans watched that Huskie game last weekend and I was a bit suprised at how well Washington was able to move the ball. Primarily in the running game is were I was suprised.
We are expecting a close ball game and just an overall exciting game to watch. I know that we are very excited to host Oklahoma just because of the fact y'all have never been up here and gives us more reason to shout just a little bit more.
Our defense is anything but stellar, so its not like y'all are going to have to hold us to 17 points to win. Our defense will compete but your going to have your big plays.
This is a different Oregon team from what you remember last year. The main reason is because our QB Dennis Dixon is the starter now and we aren't rotating at that position anymore. Allows him to opperate with more control and keep a rythm going. Bellotti said last week that Dennis is the most accurate passer in the history of Oregon quaterbacks. Suprised the heck out of us when he said that but after watching his play you can see the argument. The guy has been throwing pin point passes and has a very strong arm. We knew he was gifted as an over all athlete but we werent sure he would be able to move the offense like we did last year, so once we saw what he is capable of everyone got really excited. Also we have a completely different running game this year than we did last year ( Johnathan Stewart ). You will see Dennis running out the pocket very much like Stanbach did against y'all last weekend. Also we are in year 2 of our new offense and our play book has really opened up. Our offensive line said they never really got a handle on how to run block with the new offense but that has changed now.
I was at your house a couple years ago when we got licked and we have always waited for the oppurtunity to have y'all come up here.
The first week against Stanford, the crowd noise was suprising not that great vs. what it usually is. That is probably due to the fact that the students werent back on campus yet and this weekend is the first weekend the students will be back.
Also dont read much into that Fresno St game last weekend. We all knew it was going to be hard game and we were just glad to get out of there with a win. Oregon vs. Fresno St games have always been the same. So when we read y'all saying " the barley got by Fresno St." we know you dont understand our series against them.
Good luck this weekend and hopefully our fans will welcome y'all just as much as y'all welcomed us when we were there. On our way into the game down in Norman we ended up hanging out with Sooner fans who were tailgating because y'all welcomed us over and treated us like part of the family. Thank you!

Blue
9/13/2006, 03:52 PM
Want to hear the thoughts of an Oregon fan?
Sounds like y'all have tons of talent but then again you always do so we have to base this around actual play on the field instead of upside. I think many Duck fans watched that Huskie game last weekend and I was a bit suprised at how well Washington was able to move the ball. Primarily in the running game is were I was suprised.
We are expecting a close ball game and just an overall exciting game to watch. I know that we are very excited to host Oklahoma just because of the fact y'all have never been up here and gives us more reason to shout just a little bit more.
Our defense is anything but stellar, so its not like y'all are going to have to hold us to 17 points to win. Our defense will compete but your going to have your big plays.
This is a different Oregon team from what you remember last year. The main reason is because our QB Dennis Dixon is the starter now and we aren't rotating at that position anymore. Allows him to opperate with more control and keep a rythm going. Bellotti said last week that Dennis is the most accurate passer in the history of Oregon quaterbacks. Suprised the heck out of us when he said that but after watching his play you can see the argument. The guy has been throwing pin point passes and has a very strong arm. We knew he was gifted as an over all athlete but we werent sure he would be able to move the offense like we did last year, so once we saw what he is capable of everyone got really excited. Also we have a completely different running game this year than we did last year ( Johnathan Stewart ). You will see Dennis running out the pocket very much like Stanbach did against y'all last weekend. Also we are in year 2 of our new offense and our play book has really opened up. Our offensive line said they never really got a handle on how to run block with the new offense but that has changed now.
I was at your house a couple years ago when we got licked and we have always waited for the oppurtunity to have y'all come up here.
The first week against Stanford, the crowd noise was suprising not that great vs. what it usually is. That is probably due to the fact that the students werent back on campus yet and this weekend is the first weekend the students will be back.
Also dont read much into that Fresno St game last weekend. We all knew it was going to be hard game and we were just glad to get out of there with a win. Oregon vs. Fresno St games have always been the same. So when we read y'all saying " the barley got by Fresno St." we know you dont understand our series against them.
Good luck this weekend and hopefully our fans will welcome y'all just as much as y'all welcomed us when we were there. On our way into the game down in Norman we ended up hanging out with Sooner fans who were tailgating because y'all welcomed us over and treated us like part of the family. Thank you!

Stay Classy, you.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/archetypeangel/Avatars/Various/th_Anchorman-RonBurgandy.jpg

ColumbusSooner
9/13/2006, 04:04 PM
The only one who likes us over at CollegeFootballNews.com is Clucko the Chicken.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=451&p=2&c=557925

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 04:10 PM
Who cares about the picks!
This will be a very exciting game and even though it is loud and tough to play in Autzen, it's also a fun place to play. Oregon will not let you guys down, so get pumped up and count down the minutes to kick off because it's going to be a fun one.
I also believe this will be a much higher scoring game than the Holiday bowl.

olevetonahill
9/13/2006, 05:16 PM
Who cares about the picks!
This will be a very exciting game and even though it is loud and tough to play in Autzen, it's also a fun place to play. Oregon will not let you guys down, so get pumped up and count down the minutes to kick off because it's going to be a fun one.
I also believe this will be a much higher scoring game than the Holiday bowl.
As long as WE score MORE im cool with that :D

cschellman
9/13/2006, 05:32 PM
The only one who likes us over at CollegeFootballNews.com is Clucko the Chicken.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=451&p=2&c=557925

Clucko the Chicken always picks the opposite of what the majority there at collegefootballnews.com picks. I am surprised that all of the national media thinks OU is going to lose. Oh well...

All we need is for the Sooners to play a whole game like they did the second half of the Washington game.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/13/2006, 05:37 PM
Stay Classy, you.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/archetypeangel/Avatars/Various/th_Anchorman-RonBurgandy.jpg

Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it Autzen Stadium, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

ADs_Agent
9/13/2006, 06:53 PM
If we score more points than Oregon, we win.

BOOK IT!

you sir have won my vote with your logic