PDA

View Full Version : Mack's a geniues

auto
9/13/2006, 06:50 AM
http://colleges.beloblog.com/

Mack says UT '5 plays from winning' Ohio St. game

Mack Brown says Texas was "five plays from winning" the Ohio State game.

When Brown was pressed for those "plays" during his press conference Monday, they turned into "situations."

Here are the five plays/situations he says cost Texas the game:

MACK'S 'FIVE PLAYS'

ONE - Failing to score any points when Texas had first-and-goal at the Ohio State 7 in the first quarter (Billy Pittman fumbled at the goal line, and Ohio State returned it to the 50).

TWO - Allowing Ohio State to score after that fumble.

THREE - Allowing Ohio State to go 66 yards in five plays in 1:39 to score a touchdown with 16 seconds left in the half.

FOUR -Throwing an interception to open the third quarter and allowing Ohio State to turn it into a field goal.

FIVE - Having first-and-10 at Ohio State's 29 in the fourth quarter and failing to get any points (drive ended with a missed 45-yard field goal), and then allowing Ohio State take the ball and march 72 yards for its final TD.

By my count, those situations totaled about 33 plays in the game. But who's counting?

Posted by Chip Brown at 4:21 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (5)

:texan: :D :rolleyes:

4everasooner
9/13/2006, 06:59 AM
Here we go.

pgagolfpro77
9/13/2006, 07:28 AM
In that case, I think we were about 5 plays from hanging 100 on both UAB and UDub.

Now that I think of it, I kinda like this line of reasoning.

Mack Brown = 5 year old girl after getting her My Little Pony taken away by a 3 year old girl.

BermudaSooner
9/13/2006, 07:31 AM
Here's hoping he's 6 plays away from beating OU. That should make it about 35-6.

soonersam
9/13/2006, 08:50 AM
Let me answer that for Mack...... Texas got beat by a better team and will lose 2 more games this year...

sooneron
9/13/2006, 09:09 AM
OMG! That is friggin hilarious! I can't stop laughing. I was only five situations and some dna from being the heir to the Playboy throne!

SoonerDood
9/13/2006, 09:12 AM
It's official. He's back.

MarylandSooner
9/13/2006, 09:15 AM
I thought Mack was saying that it was the clock's falt that they lost.

tbl
9/13/2006, 09:16 AM
All it took was a loss. We all knew this was coming. Wait till October 8th....

Partial Qualifier
9/13/2006, 09:21 AM
It's official. He's back.

Dude. It's almost like last year was just a dream... a mirage. Texas is officially back to what they were up to last year - perhaps the most underachieving program in football history. Good times ahead.

sooneron
9/13/2006, 09:23 AM
I always find it amusing when genius is misspelled.

CU Sooner
9/13/2006, 09:39 AM
Now you know how TFRW came up with we almost had 40 when they scored 6.

BoomerSooner97
9/13/2006, 09:55 AM
Vince Young was truly an amazing player. The only player on the planet that can win a championship of any kind for that clown, much less the crystal ball. At least they were smart enought to let him go out there and run for his life and ignore any of their coaching in that zone read high school offense..

Bccajun
9/13/2006, 04:34 PM
What about the should have been a no call for roughing the passer that game them another chance to score the ONLY TD

Harry Beanbag
9/13/2006, 04:53 PM
So basically he thinks if Ohio State didn't score any points in the game, Texas would have won. He really is smart. :mack:

OK2LA
9/13/2006, 04:53 PM
This is so funny - this ol' boy has a way or rationalizing things . . . almost the exact same rationale but in regards to him winning the n.c. if OU beat suc.

http://www.madjacksports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173211&highlight=mack+brown

:rolleyes:

This quote came from an article by Robyn Norwood titled: "On the Hook" - this was on the front page of the Los Angeles Times yesterday.

The article talked about Brown, and his lobbying for the horns to get into a BCS game - . . . . "If you've got a vote, vote for us. . . I'm asking you to do that, and I'm asking everyone across the nation. This team deserves to be in the BCS. They deserve to go more than some teams that are being talked about."

Later on in the article is where you have the classic Mack Brown babble. They were talking about tejas fans, and their passion/making noise:

". . . Some of the loudest came after debacles such as the Longhorns' 65-13 loss to Oklahoma in 2003, or their 63-14 loss to the Sooners in 2000. This year, there was another loss to Oklahoma, but the score was 12-0."

"If they beat Southern Cal and win the national championship and we can win Saturday, we're 12 points away from winning the national championship, so that's not bad, " Brown said.

GreaterState
9/13/2006, 04:54 PM
Dude. It's almost like last year was just a dream... a mirage. Texas is officially back to what they were up to last year - perhaps the most underachieving program in football history. Good times ahead.

and that's now a whole lot harder after OU's 2005.

Octavian
9/13/2006, 05:01 PM

care to compare each program's list of accomplishments?

we can stetch this thread out for 9 pages or you can surrender now...either way, you'll lose.

Pricetag
9/13/2006, 05:07 PM
Overrated? Totally, at the beginning of the season. But they did not underachieve by any means.

GreaterState
9/13/2006, 05:12 PM
care to compare each program's list of accomplishments?

we can stetch this thread out for 9 pages or you can surrender now...either way, you'll lose.

Sigh. No, in this thread I only care to discuss whether OU underachieved in 2005, and whether it compares with underachievements in college history. Pricetag at least is on point.

Octavian
9/13/2006, 05:15 PM
Sigh. No, in this thread I only care to discuss whether OU underachieved in 2005, and whether it compares with underachievements in college history. Pricetag at least is on point.

since you clicked on a thread about Mack and then highlighted another quote that had nothing to do w/ OU in 2005 and contained the word "program," I think you may be confused.

Octavian
9/13/2006, 05:16 PM
oh, and nice surrender....would make your Alamo ancestors proud...

GreaterState
9/13/2006, 05:19 PM
Was the point that, prior to last year, UT is historically an underachiever? If so I get it. It just seemed weird to refer to "back to last year," which is when UT beat the greatest team EVAR.

Not to mention the ludicrousness of calling a program with a higher win percentage than OU the greatest underachiever in history, but you're right, that argument could go on for pages. I was looking at the year-by-year.

lukin254
9/13/2006, 05:34 PM
Was the point that, prior to last year, UT is historically an underachiever? If so I get it. It just seemed weird to refer to "back to last year," which is when UT beat the greatest team EVAR.

Not to mention the ludicrousness of calling a program with a higher win percentage than OU the greatest underachiever in history, but you're right, that argument could go on for pages. I was looking at the year-by-year.

wow... how do you obtain underachiever status if tu doesn't even have it?

SoonerDood
9/13/2006, 05:44 PM
the thing is, you SHOULD be the New York Yankees of College Sports. You're more like the New York Mets.

Readyfor8
9/13/2006, 06:12 PM
the thing is, you SHOULD be the New York Yankees of College Sports. You're more like the New York Mets.

Why should they be the New York Yankees of College Sports?

Because half of the players are on drugs and/or gay?

Or because everyone hates them?

ADs_Agent
9/13/2006, 06:52 PM
here is how I interpreted Mack's excuse, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH FART BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BURP BLAH BLAH BLAH we lost.

horninokc
9/13/2006, 07:55 PM
Maybe someone who can actually spell "genius" would be a better person to start this thread?

horninokc
9/13/2006, 07:57 PM
Let me answer that for Mack...... Texas got beat by a better team and will lose 2 more games this year...

We did get beat by a better team. And Nebraska and Tech could be tough this year. So you might be right.

OK2LA
9/13/2006, 07:59 PM
I thought this was a thread about genies

Rogue
9/13/2006, 08:17 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/soonercody/football/texas_sucks.jpg.

Texas Golfer
9/13/2006, 08:26 PM
http://colleges.beloblog.com/

Mack says UT '5 plays from winning' Ohio St. game

Mack Brown says Texas was "five plays from winning" the Ohio State game.

When Brown was pressed for those "plays" during his press conference Monday, they turned into "situations."

Here are the five plays/situations he says cost Texas the game:

MACK'S 'FIVE PLAYS'

ONE - Failing to score any points when Texas had first-and-goal at the Ohio State 7 in the first quarter (Billy Pittman fumbled at the goal line, and Ohio State returned it to the 50).

TWO - Allowing Ohio State to score after that fumble.

THREE - Allowing Ohio State to go 66 yards in five plays in 1:39 to score a touchdown with 16 seconds left in the half.

FOUR -Throwing an interception to open the third quarter and allowing Ohio State to turn it into a field goal.

FIVE - Having first-and-10 at Ohio State's 29 in the fourth quarter and failing to get any points (drive ended with a missed 45-yard field goal), and then allowing Ohio State take the ball and march 72 yards for its final TD.

By my count, those situations totaled about 33 plays in the game. But who's counting?

Posted by Chip Brown at 4:21 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (5)

:texan: :D :rolleyes:

And so begins the Mack Mega Meltdown.

auto
9/13/2006, 08:49 PM
I always find it amusing when genius is misspelled.

Before my first Latte, dumbass:D and for you horninokc, well .............. any time you want to compare Mensa scores

horninokc
9/13/2006, 08:54 PM
Before my first Latte, dumbass:D and for you horninokc, well .............. any time you want to compare Mensa scores

Sure. I'll bet I've killed more brain cells than you will ever have. Oh, wait...nevermind. heh, heh

goingoneight
9/13/2006, 09:31 PM
[Budweiser Singer] Reeeee-al Men of Ge-niues [Budweiser Singer]

sooneron
9/13/2006, 09:36 PM
Dumbass?, easy there noobie. I don't care if there is a smiley after it. That crap is frowned upon here. There's this button marked "edit"....

auto
9/13/2006, 09:56 PM
Dumbass?, easy there noobie. I don't care if there is a smiley after it. That crap is frowned upon here. There's this button marked "edit"....

I have been a member a here for a while, just choose to lurk for the most part. I have this rule about internet message boards, I stand behind what I post. If that warrants action so be it.:cool:

sooneron
9/13/2006, 10:04 PM
OK, so you did call me a dumbass. Just making sure.

picasso
9/13/2006, 10:13 PM
what was the conclusion on the space herpe?

nfbuckeye
9/14/2006, 01:40 AM
I wouldn't call a team that lost, what?, eleven starters to the NFL that goes 8-4 an underachiever. Now gentlemen, if we want to discuss chronically underachieving teams, may I nominate m*ch*g*n for that title? Constantly in the top 5 in recruiting, usually ranked in the top 10, and always lose atleast 3 games. That is underachieving.

ashley
9/14/2006, 07:53 AM
What he says is true. What he fails to say that five plays are usually the difference in most every game that is not a blow out. Every looser can almost always point to 3 to five plays as the difference.

Big Red Ron
9/14/2006, 09:46 AM
What he says is true. What he fails to say that five plays are usually the difference in most every game that is not a blow out. Every looser can almost always point to 3 to five plays as the difference.Getting beat by 17 at home is a blowout in my book.

ADs_Agent
9/14/2006, 09:48 AM
all I know is OU beats them by 3 plays this year

Ash
9/14/2006, 09:50 AM
Using Mack's system of logic and reasoning:

I was only five "plays" away from being the father of Angelina Jolie's child.

or writing Harry Potter.

or being a dot com billionaire.

or the first man on Mars.

Heck, I'm still only five "plays" away from posting something funny or insightful.

I'm feeling pretty good about myself.:texan:

MojoRisen
9/14/2006, 09:53 AM
Using Mack's system of logic and reasoning:

I was only five "plays" away from being the father of Angelina Jolie's child.

or writing Harry Potter.

or being a dot com billionaire.

or the first man on Mars.

Heck, I'm still only five "plays" away from posting something funny or insightful.

I'm feeling pretty good about myself.:texan:

Not for nothing but Texas has a propensity to quit- when they fumbled on the goal line- the whole crowd quit and nobody on the team was telling anyone to shake it off- if we go for the throat those boys will fold...

Ash
9/14/2006, 09:57 AM
Not for nothing but Texas has a propensity to quit- when they fumbled on the goal line- the whole crowd quit and nobody on the team was telling anyone to shake it off- if we go for the throat those boys will fold...

Absolutely, when the cameras panned to crowd or sideline everyone looked stunned and deflated. Seems the one big play and (they're) done days are back.

Taxman71
9/14/2006, 10:08 AM
I was only 5 numbers away from being the next multi-millionaire in last night's Powerball. I think I will celebrate my $12 winnings by throwing a couple bucks to charity.