PDA

View Full Version : Who knows how to do a bar graph in Excel?

sanantoniosooner
9/12/2006, 10:16 PM
I could use a little assistance.

Blue
9/12/2006, 10:18 PM
Take it to the Nerd forum please.

BeetDigger
9/12/2006, 10:31 PM
A bar graph in Excel, or an Ex graph in Barcel?

sanantoniosooner
9/12/2006, 10:40 PM
I already figured it out you useless fragments of fecal matter.
:mad:

Paperclip
9/12/2006, 10:42 PM
I could use a little assistance.

There's a chart wizard in the toolbar.

BeetDigger
9/12/2006, 10:46 PM

There's also a toolwhizard on the chartbar.

sanantoniosooner
9/12/2006, 10:55 PM
trial and error got me through.

Ash
9/12/2006, 10:57 PM
trial and error got me through.

If you've got more questions and don't want smartass answers, let me know. I'm not an all-knowing nerd, but I've been working with excel and other spreadsheet/statistics programs for years. FWIW

OUinFLA
9/12/2006, 11:14 PM
South Oval: a place you can count on for help in times of need.

OCUDad
9/12/2006, 11:44 PM
South Oval: a place you can count on for help in times of need.Damn straight. Until today, I didn't know you could do an Ex chart in Barcel.

sanantoniosooner
9/12/2006, 11:44 PM
If you've got more questions and don't want smartass answers, let me know. I'm not an all-knowing nerd, but I've been working with excel and other spreadsheet/statistics programs for years. FWIW
got any idea how to do a "box and whiskers" graph on it?

If you don't know what it is, then it's a no.

OCUDad
9/12/2006, 11:51 PM
Try one of the "stock chart" formats from the Chart Wizard.

GottaHavePride
9/13/2006, 12:14 AM

If it's not a wizzard I don't want it.

BeetDigger
9/13/2006, 12:38 AM
I actually know Excel pretty well (Not as well as Barcel mind you). I've heard of box and whiskers, but can't place it at the moment. I can usually futz with it enough to get what I want out of it though. I've done the football graphs with it, which is reasonably tricky and looks cool. I've got and Excel Bible on the shelf too (but not a Barcel Bible).

Ash
9/13/2006, 01:42 AM
got any idea how to do a "box and whiskers" graph on it?

If you don't know what it is, then it's a no.

The short answer is: yes.

And you can use the "stock charts" as others have requested if all you want is to plot higher and lower values. If you want an actual statistical boxplot, you'll have to know the interquartile ranges of your data to make that option work.

I do know how to make boxplots from raw data on Excel, but it's going to involve more than hitting the "make me a chart" button. peem me or, if you want, I'll go through it step-by-step on here.

If you have access to SPSS, or another stat program, both of our lives has just been made easier.

Frozen Sooner
9/13/2006, 01:47 AM
The short answer is: yes.

And you can use the "stock charts" as others have requested if all you want is to plot higher and lower values. If you want an actual statistical boxplot, you'll have to know the interquartile ranges of your data to make that option work.

I do know how to make boxplots from raw data on Excel, but it's going to involve more than hitting the "make me a chart" button. peem me or, if you want, I'll go through it step-by-step on here.

If you have access to SPSS, or another stat program, both of our lives has just been made easier.

I have no idea what you're talking about, so I'm going to assume this post is about politics.

YOU'RE WRONG AND YOU WANT THE TERRORISTS TO WIN YOU FASCIST!

GDC
9/13/2006, 07:51 AM
http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/Graphing/