PDA

View Full Version : FB question

lubbocksooner
9/12/2006, 05:11 PM
I sat in the North endzone at the Washington game this weekend and tried to watch the fullbacks we were using. On the roster we list #49 Ian Pleasant (a converted LB), #45 Dane Zaslaw, #34 Matt Clapp, and #83 Brody Eldridge (listed as a TE). I only noticed Pleasant and Eldridge play. Pleasant got a decent block or two but that was all I noticed.
Which in any of these guys could be the one to break out and be our full time FB. Would help out in pass and run, I think if AD can just get an initial block he will get 4-5 yards every time.

mrowl
9/12/2006, 05:16 PM
most of the time I saw a fullback used, he got through the ol, the dl, and then the hole collapsed.

sooneron
9/12/2006, 05:33 PM
Clapp will probably be OK for the UO game. We saw him in the PT room on our tour last Fri. He has a sprain, but he looked like he wasn't in any pain.

Rhino
9/12/2006, 05:56 PM
\m/ NO PAIN IN THE SPRAIN! \m/

\m/ SPRAIN FALLS MAINLY ON THE PAIN! \m/

OUmillenium
9/12/2006, 07:59 PM
I sat in the North endzone at the Washington game this weekend and tried to watch the fullbacks we were using. On the roster we list #49 Ian Pleasant (a converted LB), #45 Dane Zaslaw, #34 Matt Clapp, and #83 Brody Eldridge (listed as a TE). I only noticed Pleasant and Eldridge play. Pleasant got a decent block or two but that was all I noticed.
Which in any of these guys could be the one to break out and be our full time FB. Would help out in pass and run, I think if AD can just get an initial block he will get 4-5 yards every time.

Harms...is that you?

Egeo
9/12/2006, 10:42 PM
it will be clapp, if he's healthy

Earickson
9/12/2006, 10:48 PM
Who would want to be FB in front of Adrian Peterson, he'll have cleat marks all over his a$$$.

Readyfor8
9/12/2006, 11:11 PM
it will be clapp, if he's healthy

That would be great cause when he lays down an awesome block we can say something like... That guy just got the Clapp!

soonerfootball
9/13/2006, 01:43 AM
Matt Clapp, has established himself as the fullback ...in the scrimmages he actually looked pretty good. He plays very physical and they threw some passes to him just like with JD...he took on 3 players after the play and it was one of the hardest hits of the scrimmage with him giving out the most...the coaches immediately congradulated him.

KingDavid
9/13/2006, 02:04 AM
Matt Clapp, has established himself as the fullback ...in the scrimmages he actually looked pretty good. He plays very physical and they threw some passes to him just like with JD...he took on 3 players after the play and it was one of the hardest hits of the scrimmage with him giving out the most...the coaches immediately congradulated him.

he speaks truth. Clapp is the man. May he grow develop and stay healthy. May he fill the shoes of the TBFBJDR - the blessed full back JD Runnels.

lubbocksooner
9/13/2006, 09:44 AM
Harms...is that you?

Nope, but it looks like I will be back for the TTU game.