PDA

View Full Version : TRUTH & RUMORS: Peterson bolting to NFL?

sooner_champak
9/12/2006, 03:50 PM
In the TRUTH & RUMORS section of CNN-SI the following news was printed

Adrian Peterson said Monday the only thing certain that would keep him at Oklahoma another season would be a major injury. The junior running back is looking to rush for 2,200 yards this season and shatter Billy Sims' OU record. He wants to win the Heisman Trophy. And he'd like another crack at the national title. But Peterson said if doesn't accomplish those goals this season, he may never have another chance.
-- The Daily Oklahoman

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/09/12/truth.rumors.college/index.html

http://www.newsok.com/article/2845898/?template=sports/ou

GDC
9/12/2006, 03:52 PM
Big 12 Insider: Big 12 List
By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Writer
9/12/2006

WHO'S HOT

Adrian Peterson

The Sooner junior was named the Big 12's Offensive Player of the Week for his play against Washington. Peterson rushed 32 times for 165 yards and two touchdowns against the Huskies. Peterson has 307 yards, which is his best start through two games in his three seasons as a Sooner.

Iowa State coach Dan McCarney

As UNLV coach Mike Sanford argued with officials, hoping to persuade them to review the last play of the Rebels' game with the Cyclones, McCarney hustled his team off the field and into the showers before anyone could reverse ISU's 16-10 victory.

Nebraska QB Zac Taylor

The Norman native is playing like a fifth-year senior. Taylor, who had a career-high four TD passes Saturday against Nicholls State, has completed a sizzling 72.6 percent of his passes through two games.

WHO'S NOT

Colorado QB Brian White

Make that ex-CU quarterback Brian White. White, who was listed as co-No. 1 on the depth chart at the start of fall camp, stunned Dan Hawkins on Sunday when he told the CU coach he was quitting the team after not seeing action in the Buffs'

first two games.

Baylor defensive coordinator Bill Bradley

Big 12 officials announced Monday that Bradley has been publicly reprimanded and fined for comments he made about the Mountain West Conference officials who worked the Baylor-TCU game Sept. 3.

Texas QB Colt McCoy

McCoy played a redshirt freshman in the Longhorns' 24-7 loss to No. 1 Ohio State. McCoy often appeared rattled in the pocket against a blitzing Buckeyes' defense that often disguising its coverages. McCoy, who was 19-of-32 for 154 yards and a score, also threw a key interception..

GDC
9/12/2006, 03:55 PM
Peterson nabs Big 12, national honors
By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
9/12/2006

View in Print (PDF) Format

In addition to Monday's announcement that the University of Oklahoma running back is last week's Big 12 Conference offensive player of the week, Peterson has also been nominated for the Cingular All-America national player of the week.

Peterson rushed for 165 yards and scored two touchdowns in OU's 37-20 victory over Washington Saturday in Norman. Peterson, with 304 yards this season, is off to the best two-game start of his career. The junior from Palestine, Texas, ranks sixth nationally with an average of 152 yards per game.

Peterson joins Florida quarterback Chris Leak, Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn and Ohio State quarterback Troy Smith -- selected by a panel of ESPN college football analysts -- as this week's top candidates for the national honor.

Results are based solely on fan voting. Fans can text message "VOTE" to "87654" on their wireless phone. Voting concludes at 10:59 p.m. Wednesday, and the winner will be announced during ESPN's Thursday night game between Maryland and West Virginia./

Soonermagik
9/12/2006, 04:16 PM
Smart move on Peterson's part, why would he turn down $60 million!!! He can take care of his family i.e. daughter, mom and step dad, dad

Mjcpr
9/12/2006, 04:18 PM
Peterson could go pro after this season?

Why, that's the first I've heard of such nonsense.

OK2LA
9/12/2006, 04:37 PM
Peterson could go pro after this season?

Why, that's the first I've heard of such nonsense.

go pro at what?

Mjcpr
9/12/2006, 04:41 PM
go pro at what?

I think he's a Sociology major.

Blue
9/12/2006, 04:43 PM
Seems to be alot of teams making a run for him.

I don't remember watching so many mediocre to bad teams in one week of NFL games.

AD= Raider, Packer, Brown?...

birddog
9/12/2006, 04:49 PM
he'll make like a tree and get outta here.

stoopified
9/12/2006, 04:58 PM
In the immortal words of Steve Miller GO ON TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN.

Harry Beanbag
9/12/2006, 05:00 PM
Seems to be alot of teams making a run for him.

I don't remember watching so many mediocre to bad teams in one week of NFL games.

AD= Raider, Packer, Brown?...

I think the Raiders would take Quinn first. Cleveland would definitely take Peterson. Green Bay has a QB, but who knows if he's any good or not.

SoonerObsession
9/12/2006, 05:01 PM
What about entertaining me for one more year? Did he ever think of that? What a selfish astardbay! ;)

sooneron
9/12/2006, 05:03 PM
I would pray for AD not to go to the raiders.

daddywarbucks
9/12/2006, 05:15 PM
unfortunately i bet he ends up a niner

Scott D
9/12/2006, 06:06 PM
ESPN claimed the Oklahoman broke the story *shrug*

TheGodfather889
9/12/2006, 06:17 PM
I hope he comes back next year because he's alot of fun to watch. But I know the he has #1 overall pick written all over him.

bixby28
9/12/2006, 06:29 PM
Peterson would be stupid to stay another season at OU. I'd love to see him back in 2007, but it isn't gonna happen.

usmc-sooner
9/12/2006, 06:30 PM
I think he leaves after the Oregan game.

OK2LA
9/12/2006, 06:32 PM
I think the Raiders would take Quinn first. Cleveland would definitely take Peterson. Green Bay has a QB, but who knows if he's any good or not.

The Raiders just took Andrew Walter, and are grooming him right now - why in the world would they take Quinn?!?

A.D. looks like he'll be a Raider as bad as the pains me to say . . .

pardine
9/12/2006, 06:38 PM
I've got a rule of thumb. If you’re a top 5 pick go to the pros. So when that scenario ever shows up it’s a no brainier. I appreciated the three years he played for the University of Oklahoma.

gigglestunes (https://www.burnlounge.com/gigglestunes)

Harry Beanbag
9/12/2006, 06:39 PM
The Raiders just took Andrew Walter, and are grooming him right now - why in the world would they take Quinn?!?

A.D. looks like he'll be a Raider as bad as the pains me to say . . .

Because it's Brady F'n Quinn dude!
I don't know if I can stomach Peterson as a Raider. http://www.club2share.com/forums/images/smilies/newsmile/Vomit.gif

OK2LA
9/12/2006, 06:41 PM
Because it's Brady F'n Quinn dude!
I don't know if I can stomach Peterson as a Raider. http://www.club2share.com/forums/images/smilies/newsmile/Vomit.gif

Actually, you're exactly right - you're talking about a team that took a kicker in the first round of the draft - I hope they take Quinn!

AeroSooner7
9/12/2006, 07:45 PM
Dear God NNNNNOOOO. I hate the raiders. I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Oldman Green in Green Bay.

tulsaoilerfan
9/12/2006, 07:49 PM
How about dallas? As bad as Bledsoe played on Sunday, they could be a contender for a top pick also

goingoneight
9/12/2006, 08:11 PM
In the immortal words of Steve Miller GO ON TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN.

Didn't Brent Rhomar already do that? :O

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/12/2006, 08:22 PM
I heard that the oregon news said he was leaving before the end of the week.;)

Texas Golfer
9/12/2006, 08:35 PM
I've got a rule of thumb. If you’re a top 5 pick go to the pros. So when that scenario ever shows up it’s a no brainier. I appreciated the three years he played for the University of Oklahoma.

gigglestunes (https://www.burnlounge.com/gigglestunes)

I am of the same thought.

proudsoonergal
9/12/2006, 09:46 PM

In the random thought which was generated after reading this post, has anyone ever paid attention to the football scores being recited in BTTF II, while Biff is driving the car? One of the scores is OU versus either Colorado or Iowa State (I can't remember exactly who the opponent is). We killed 'em. :D I realize the game was played more than 60 years ago, but hearing the score always makes me smile.

Readyfor8
9/12/2006, 10:15 PM
ADRIAN PETERSEN TO THE 49ERS BABY!!!!! YEA!!!!

snp
9/12/2006, 10:54 PM
In an amazing move of foresight, the Texans purposely f'ed up last years draft in order to get Peterson.

Big Red Ron
9/12/2006, 11:07 PM
ADRIAN PETERSEN TO THE 49ERS BABY!!!!! YEA!!!!Second:texan:

Blue
9/13/2006, 12:02 AM
In an amazing move of foresight, the Texans purposely f'ed up last years draft in order to get Peterson.

I've been thinking this since last years draft.

bri
9/13/2006, 12:06 AM
AD to either Green Bay or San Fran would make me giddy. :D

Frozen Sooner
9/13/2006, 12:52 AM
I don't know if I could continue living in a world with Adrian Peterson as a Raider.

You know what's funnier than watching the Chargers shut the Raiders out on Monday Night football?

Nothing.

KingDavid
9/13/2006, 01:03 AM
What? And turn down the wonderful opportunities waiting for him at Big Red? Why fake defenders out with your legs when you can swindle hard-working people with a little truth-twisting?

"Andrian, we have have a future for you"

- Big Red;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

soonerlaw
9/13/2006, 08:59 AM
At first I wanted him to come back for a 4th year because he would probably obliterate the NCAA career rushing record (6400 yards or whatever) and that would pretty much guarantee him a Heisman... but then I look at the last two guys who went that path... Ricky Williams and Ron Dayne.

Thanks for the memories AD, and good luck in the NFL.

tbl
9/13/2006, 09:12 AM
Maybe the Houston Texans are not as dumb as we thought for not taking Bush. They'll probably suck hard again this year and be in line for #1 in AD's draft.

tbl
9/13/2006, 09:13 AM
Dang! Perhaps I should read an entire thread before posting... Sorry Ninja!

Earickson
9/13/2006, 09:34 AM
Let us just hope that the Sooners in the NFL Rookie Injury curse doesn't get him next year.
What's up with that.

TexasLidig8r
9/13/2006, 10:14 AM
And with the number one pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Tennessee Titans select....

Mjcpr
9/13/2006, 10:15 AM
And with the number one pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Tennessee Titans select....

.....Brady Quinn.

stoopified
9/13/2006, 10:45 AM
I think he leaves after the Oregan game. You mean he is going to gain 781 yards against the Ducks,clinch the Heisman,and force the BCS to name OU National Champs?Far out man.That is what I call a full days wotk.(pardon the 70's flashback)

Mjcpr
9/13/2006, 10:51 AM
.....Brady Quinn.

This was gold, people.

SoonerLB
9/13/2006, 11:58 AM
This was gold, people.

I concur!

TUSooner
9/13/2006, 12:28 PM
Or he'll make like a cow chip and leave; or make like a shepherd and hit the trail.

Yep.

He IS playing this week, though, huh?

astro5169
9/13/2006, 03:29 PM
AD I love you. I have the biggest man crush on you. I want you to stay but I must let you go.

Good luck and farewell. I will miss you.

I think he will do all 3 this year. He gets 400 yds against Oregun.

Also, I hope the Cowboys trade up for him. Two of the ebst sooners in the NFL on the same team....WOW

SoonerPr8r
9/13/2006, 05:07 PM
I would pray for AD not to go to the raiders.

Amen that would be the worst for him. The ravens and Bears like sooners allot maby they will go there. Another team I don't want him to go to would be the Cowboys.

TheGodfather889
9/13/2006, 07:45 PM
I would actually be happy to see Adrian in the silver and black just because I'm a Raider fan. But we do suck and I want Adrian to have a great NFL career and wind up in the NFL Hall of Fame.