PDA

View Full Version : Let's Reinstate....

TexasLidig8r
9/12/2006, 02:35 PM
the good ole days where the loser of the Presidential election had to serve as Vice President !!!!!

It would cut back on the number of debates. Potential Veep debates are gay.

It would provide an even greater check and balance to the Oval Office. (I know, I know, that's what Congress and the Courts are for.. work with me here people.)

It would provide some great drama.

Can you imagine Tricky Dick being JFK's veep back in 1963? Just think what the conspiracy theorists would be saying since then! HA!

Bring it back.

crawfish
9/12/2006, 02:37 PM
Mack Brown is such a killjoy. :)

GottaHavePride
9/12/2006, 02:38 PM
I actually think that might not be a bad idea. Plus, it would cut down on the "Bush is da debbil!" crowd by offering the response "Yeah, but that was YOUR party's VP in the middle of the situation too."

Kind of a "force them to work together" situation.

NormanPride
9/12/2006, 02:45 PM
Because "drama" is exactly what we need in the White House.

I say kill the political parties.

GottaHavePride
9/12/2006, 02:50 PM
I like it. We could outlaw political parties under... hmmm... antitrust regulations might work. Media outlets are required to publish any and all candidate platforms for free. Each candidate gets $50,000 from the gubmint for the purposes of campaigning and ALL external funds are illegal, whether they're from personal sources, donationds, anything - can't use any of it. I think that could work. Force people to choose based on ideas, not propaganda machines and sound bites.

NormanPride
9/12/2006, 02:57 PM
I like it. We could outlaw political parties under... hmmm... antitrust regulations might work. Media outlets are required to publish any and all candidate platforms for free. Each candidate gets $50,000 from the gubmint for the purposes of campaigning and ALL external funds are illegal, whether they're from personal sources, donationds, anything - can't use any of it. I think that could work. Force people to choose based on ideas, not propaganda machines and sound bites.

See, it sounds good, but people always find a way to screw up a good idea. :mad:

GottaHavePride
9/12/2006, 03:01 PM
Ah, see, that's where I come in. My role in this would be official government-sponsored Idiot-Thumper. I would have a large mallet, which I would use when people try to screw up the system. I would use it to bash them on the head while shouting :les: STOP BEING A JACKASS!

My Deputy Idiot-Thumper will be Terrible Terry Tate.

yermom
9/12/2006, 03:02 PM
yeah, you know good ideas like this would never pass ;)

IB4OU2
9/12/2006, 03:07 PM
Lid sure has posted in and started a lot of political threads since last Saturday.......;)

IB4OU2
9/12/2006, 03:10 PM
Ah, see, that's where I come in. My role in this would be official government-sponsored Idiot-Thumper. I would have a large mallet, which I would use when people try to screw up the system. I would use it to bash them on the head while shouting :les: STOP BEING A JACKASS!

My Deputy Idiot-Thumper will be Terrible Terry Tate.

GHP that reminds me of -

:les: LITTLE RABBIT FOO-FOO.....

TexasLidig8r
9/12/2006, 03:21 PM
Lid sure has posted in and started a lot of political threads since last Saturday.......;)

now that football season is officially over... ;)

IB4OU2
9/12/2006, 03:25 PM
now that football season is officially over... ;)

:D missing Vince are you? ;)