PDA

View Full Version : A slice of life in corporate America...

crawfish
9/12/2006, 02:12 PM
So,

Management implements a new policy that nobody wants or agrees with. We all see flaws in new policy, but management refuses to listen to our concerns.

New policy results in a very embarassing debacle with a product release. Simply put, communication flow failed because key people were excluded from the release (per the policy). Management has to deal with angry customers and questions of our product quality.

So, management comes back and reams our group for a failure to put out a quality product...more changes forthcoming, but they're very, very disappointed in us. No opportunity given for feedback. Our poor product manager - someone I don't really like but feel sorry for, a guy with loads of responsibility but no authority - will take the bulk of the blame.

*sigh*.

Mjcpr
9/12/2006, 02:14 PM
I bet none of this would've happened if they didn't let y'all sit around in your underwear at home "working".

NormanPride
9/12/2006, 02:14 PM
A company with no means of feedback from the lower ranks will fail, unless very lucky.

crawfish
9/12/2006, 02:18 PM
A company with no means of feedback from the lower ranks will fail, unless very lucky.

Funny thing was, they were good about that until this year. Growing pains, I hope, that will be resolved soon.

Shut up, pat.

Rogue
9/12/2006, 05:37 PM
First rule of middle management is....
Never let the actions of senior management interfere with the essential operations of the organization.

Or something like that.

Sooner_Bob
9/12/2006, 05:54 PM
Sounds very familiar . . .

VeeJay
9/12/2006, 07:37 PM
Oh, how many times have I been through this scene?

This experience usually takes place when accountants are placed in charge of the company's operations, and a sizeable contingent of the workforce goes along with it in lock step without asking questions.

Nothing against accountants - they just need big picture exposure prior to taking over the fort.

BoogercountySooner
9/12/2006, 08:03 PM
Next thing you know they'll want ya to work instead of posting on the Internet!:D

Geekboy
9/12/2006, 08:08 PM
Typical 'corporate' bull****. It almost sounds 'consultant' driven.
I HATE consultants especially in the broadcast field.

Definition of a consultant: "If you're not part of the solution there is a great deal of money to be made by prolonging the problem."