PDA

View Full Version : Because Steve Jobs is evil...

OUstudent4life
9/12/2006, 12:29 PM
new things from Apple today:

5G iPod:
60% brighter screen.
3.5 hours of video playback.
Gapless playback.
New earphones.
New quick scrolling feature using letters.
Games added - Bejewled, Cubis 2, Mahjong, Mini golf, Pac Man, Tetris, Texas Hold Em, Vortex and Zuma.
Games will work on all 5G iPods, will cost $4.99 each from iTMS.
White and black available.
30GB - $249
80GB - $349

Second-generation iPod nano:
Aluminum, thinner - looks like thin iPod mini.
Green, silver, black, blue, pink available.
24 hour battery life.
New charger, armband, lanyard headphones.
Available today.
2GB - $149
4GB - $199
8GB - $249

iPod shuffle:
Second-generation today.
Metal body with white click wheel.
12-hour battery
Size of iPod radio remote.
World's smallest mp3 player.
Available October.
1GB - $79

OUstudent4life
9/12/2006, 12:30 PM
iTunes 7:
Source list now includes Library with separate libraries for all forms of media.
Store now has own section, devices have own section.
Album art view - Apple will provide art for any music in your library.
Cover flow view - Find music by album flipping.
NFL 2006 season coming to iTMS.
New 640x480 video resolution (was 320x240).
Gapless playback in iTunes 7
You can now sync between multiple computers using an iPod, as long as both are authorized on the same account.

Thank goodness for that. I was getting tired looking for art in my spare time :D. Jumping between computers will be nice, too.

mrowl
9/12/2006, 12:43 PM
Itunes movies, 9.99, 12.99 for pre-order new release.

All disney, miramax, pixar

DVD quality, 640x480, h.264 encoding

mrowl
9/12/2006, 12:43 PM
new 80gb video ipod. cool

mrowl
9/12/2006, 12:44 PM
dolby surround audio now

mrowl
9/12/2006, 12:45 PM
75 films online today

BigRedJed
9/12/2006, 12:46 PM
80 GB. Holy ****. Now I have a tiny iPod.

BigRedJed
9/12/2006, 12:47 PM
As soon as I get mine I'll give my crappy 60 GB iPod to yermom.

BigRedJed
9/12/2006, 12:48 PM
Or not.

Frozen Sooner
9/12/2006, 12:51 PM
Grrr. I want an 80G iPod.

mrowl
9/12/2006, 12:54 PM
SWEET. Long rumored apple set top box in Q1 of 2007. wireless.

mrowl
9/12/2006, 12:57 PM
1/2 size of Mac Mini, built-in power supply, USB, Ethernet, 802.11 "wireless component video", optical audio and HDMI ports, plus old RCA stereo audio ports. Works with Apple Remote

OUstudent4life
9/12/2006, 01:04 PM
I think we're reading the same webfeed :D

I leave to do some work, and good things happen :D:D:D

mrowl
9/12/2006, 01:22 PM
new nanos

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/gallery/images/ipodnano04_20060912.jpg

new shuffle:

http://images.apple.com/ipodshuffle/images/indexsleeveguy20060912.jpg

Beef
9/12/2006, 01:34 PM
new shuffle:

http://images.apple.com/ipodshuffle/images/indexsleeveguy20060912.jpg
$79. My mini might get replaced for the gym.

OUstudent4life
9/12/2006, 01:38 PM
I would lose that in approximately 3.7 seconds.

BlondeSoonerGirl
9/12/2006, 01:46 PM
Mmm, 80 GB iPod...

I think I need a moment...or 25 days of non-stop music.

9/12/2006, 01:50 PM
That new shuffle would sure be handy for my morning run. How durable are these things? How sweat-proof?

mrowl
9/12/2006, 03:23 PM
iTunes 7 is very cool.

Love the new album flip.

like the new layout

It asked me if I wanted to auto download the album art, cool.

the podcast screen is better.

And its updating all my music for gapless playback. awesome.

mrowl
9/12/2006, 03:26 PM
and quicktimes new controls, a sign of things to come for the ipod? :D

yermom
9/12/2006, 03:49 PM
As soon as I get mine I'll give my crappy 60 GB iPod to yermom.

i'm choosing to ignore your next post

Frozen Sooner
9/12/2006, 08:17 PM
MMmmm. Me likey the new iTunes. Haven't gotten the new iPod software-do the 4gs support the new search functions?

mrowl
9/12/2006, 08:24 PM
just finished downloading The Incredibles.

Big mistake on 500MB of ram. It took forever to process the file. Download was quick though.

Seems like 1GB of ram would be about right.

Geekboy
9/12/2006, 08:33 PM
Bottom line...........Microsoft can't suck enough.

Everything Apple does (ie. Steve Jobs) is vastly superior to ANYTHING Microsuck does.

Yes, I know all about market share, blah, blah, blah. Just like vhs, betamax.
Vhs won out but betamax was the superior format. Jobs just didn't have a clue about marketing and Gates did.

From Wikipedia: "The VHS format's defeat of the Betamax format became a classic marketing case study."

Anybody dumb enough to declare the Windows software environment superior to the Apple OSX environment is clueless.

I won't argue this with any of you Microsoft kool-aid drinkers. I won't reply because you are stupid and ignorant and you are the dirt beneath my feet.

Just a preamble here. Should you try and argue against me.......I hope you get measles.

mdklatt
9/12/2006, 08:42 PM
Everything Apple does (ie. Steve Jobs) is vastly superior to ANYTHING Microsuck does.

:pop:

Geekboy
9/12/2006, 08:45 PM
:pop:
I see you've got your popcorn and soda. I'm not engaging with any idiot no matter how long their dissertation on the joys of Microsoft.

It's kool-aid mindless babbling that is not worthy of debate. It's been debated over and over and those 'that know' know that the Mac OS is superior and arguing it is pointless.

.........BTW........I'm not kidding.

OCUDad
9/12/2006, 09:47 PM
You are right that technological debate is pointless. Sad to say, the better team doesn't always win.

When you're looking at a market-share scoreboard that says you're losing 90-5, technological superiority is the only comfort you have, and it ain't enough. Enjoy your Mac and quit p***ing on those who use the other flavor.

Geekboy
9/12/2006, 10:06 PM
You are right that technological debate is pointless. Sad to say, the better team doesn't always win.

When you're looking at a market-share scoreboard that says you're losing 90-5, technological superiority is the only comfort you have, and it ain't enough. Enjoy your Mac and quit p***ing on those who use the other flavor.
I am replying to you because you aren't proclaiming Microsoft superior. Your point is valid except in one area. I'm not ****ing on those who use the other flavor.

I pray for them and their ignorance. I go to church and pray for them. I don't condemn them. I feel sorry for them and pray they will see the light......one day!! ESPECIALLY since Macintosh now carries the Intel chip and can give them both flavors and you can actually spend less than a Dell. Also it has been show that the Apple Macintosh actually runs the Microsoft OS (Winblows XP) (using BootCamp) better than any other pc.

If your that dumb to stick with the everyday pc and not experience the Mac OS......then you should be euthanized. Not ****ing on you. Just want to put you out of your misery.

Geekboy
9/12/2006, 10:10 PM
p.s. on this Windows/Mac debate. I started out on a pc. At home I have for my daughters a pc that is actually more powerful than my (2001) 667 Mac.
I have a pc (Windows) at work.

I'm well versed in both systems. There is no comparison. In all areas!
I know. I sound like a kool-aid drinker myself. Our Windows 'expert' at work even admits Mac OS is superior. Market share prohibits (marketing bs) a switch which he would love to change to the Mac OS.

yermom
9/12/2006, 10:11 PM
tell us how you really feel.

while you are at it, would you mind getting the gaming programmers to code for Mac OS? a decent version of Outlook would be nice too ;)

Geekboy
9/12/2006, 10:19 PM
tell us how you really feel.

while you are at it, would you mind getting the gaming programmers to code for Mac OS? a decent version of Outlook would be nice too ;)
I have a very decent version of Outlook on my Mac.....YoMamma!
My Outlook on my pc at work............sucks.

Geekboy
9/12/2006, 10:21 PM
I must say this thread is turning uglier than any of the 9-11 threads.

Sorry.

BeetDigger
9/12/2006, 10:42 PM
From Wikipedia: "The VHS format's defeat of the Betamax format became a classic marketing case study."

I am not getting into the "my computers is better than your computer debate. Instead, I just want to make sure that you are aware that Wikipedia is editable by anyone. Just because it is there it doesn't make it necessarily true or accurate. The VHS/Beta wasn't a marketing case that I had. I did have one or two (out of about 10 that are out there from HBS) on Apple however.

I also hope that you know that the IPOD owns about 75+% of the personal MP3 player market. As marketing goes, Apple is pretty good at it.

afs
9/12/2006, 11:07 PM
You know, I don't think anyone really cares anything in this thread other than the news of the new iPods.

OCUDad
9/12/2006, 11:32 PM
If your that dumbHeh.

Mixer!
9/12/2006, 11:56 PM
Did I read that all correctly? :eek:

I pray for them and their ignorance. I go to church and pray for them. I don't condemn them. I feel sorry for them and pray they will see the light......one day!! ESPECIALLY since oSu now has Boone Pickens Stadium and Gallagher-Iba Arena and the new athletic village you can actually see being built. Also it has been show[n] that Schmidly actually runs the OS (With Holder) (using BoonesMoney) better than the regents.

If you[']r[e] that dumb to stick with OU and not experience the OS......then you should be euthanized. Not ****ing on you. Just want to put you out of your misery.
Damn, I picked the wrong week to run out of painkillers! :eddie:

OCUDad
9/12/2006, 11:59 PM
Pretty much sums up all that was useful in Geekboy's post, yes.

Frozen Sooner
9/13/2006, 01:25 AM
Ha! The problem with setting TV shows up correctly on the iPod is solved with the new iTunes!

RAWK!!!

SicEmBaylor
9/13/2006, 01:41 AM
So, I feel pretty ****ed off because I just got a new 30 gb ipod video a little more than a week ago.

I heard about this new search function, and when I installed itunes 7 it also updated my ipod's firmware but it looks exactly the same to me. Where exactly is this new search function?

Frozen Sooner
9/13/2006, 01:44 AM
The new search function works on all iPod videos.

Just start scrolling fast through your songs or artists. You'll see a big ol' letter pop up in the middle of the screen.

But hey, just take your new iPod back with the receipt and demand credit towards the 5g model. Betcha you'll get 'em to do it.

Frozen Sooner
9/13/2006, 01:51 AM
Gah. Video on iTunes is now at near-DVD quality. Which means anything you bought before looks like crap comparatively.

Ike
9/13/2006, 02:01 AM
p.s. on this Windows/Mac debate. I started out on a pc. At home I have for my daughters a pc that is actually more powerful than my (2001) 667 Mac.
I have a pc (Windows) at work.

I'm well versed in both systems. There is no comparison. In all areas!
I know. I sound like a kool-aid drinker myself. Our Windows 'expert' at work even admits Mac OS is superior. Market share prohibits (marketing bs) a switch which he would love to change to the Mac OS.

Its really getting to the point where I need a tri-boot system.
-windows for when I want to play games
-MacOS for when I want to surf the web without worry or check my email or when I want to write a letter or something
-Linux for when I need to get something done.

In fact, you know what would really be nice....a system that can boot multiple OS's simultaneously but leave one or more in the background (and unable to do anything) while you use another one. In other words, be able to switch OS's without a re-boot.

give me that, Steve Jobs.

49r
9/13/2006, 12:16 PM
Its really getting to the point where I need a tri-boot system.
-windows for when I want to play games
-MacOS for when I want to surf the web without worry or check my email or when I want to write a letter or something
-Linux for when I need to get something done.

In fact, you know what would really be nice....a system that can boot multiple OS's simultaneously but leave one or more in the background (and unable to do anything) while you use another one. In other words, be able to switch OS's without a re-boot.

I don't think you'll have to wait long. Virtualization has been rumored for quite some time...at least since Apple moved to the Intel platform.

OUAndy1807
9/13/2006, 04:09 PM
I'm going to be totally ****ed if I buy one of the 80gb versions knowing that apple only introduces 1 new ipod per year, and then they come out with this before christmas:
http://david.arnaud6.free.fr/images/1fullpetit.jpg

mrowl
9/13/2006, 04:51 PM
I'm going to be totally ****ed if I buy one of the 80gb versions knowing that apple only introduces 1 new ipod per year, and then they come out with this before christmas:
http://david.arnaud6.free.fr/images/1fullpetit.jpg

the videos and movies now support the widescreen version, so I would suspect its close. Probably not this christmas though.

sooneron
9/13/2006, 09:22 PM
Or not.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM05/Content/Numark/PR/iDJ-lg.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SicEmBaylor
9/13/2006, 09:30 PM
A problem I see with a touch-screen "virtual click wheel" is that the screen will quickly become smudged with finger prints while you're watching a movie.

sooneron
9/13/2006, 09:38 PM
The only thing I can think of them doing is to make it sort of t shaped.

OUstudent4life
9/13/2006, 10:13 PM

Steve won't give it to you, but here:

http://www.parallels.com/

The closest it'll come, prob'ly. I've heard really good things about parallels...the first being it's the other reason VirtualPC won't ever be released again (i.e. it blows the old VitrualPC out of the water.)

BigRedJed
9/14/2006, 12:13 PM
http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM05/Content/Numark/PR/iDJ-lg.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
OK, that thing is badass. I suddenly want to go all DJ JazzyJed and get one.

Of course, that will also require me to get a second iPod. I don't see any problem with that.

jeremy885
9/14/2006, 11:26 PM
Have a problem. I downloaded Itunes 7 and everytime I plug in my ipod, it automatically updates the ipod library, which in turns locks up my computer.

Another thing. If I have my Ipod plugged in and itunes not opened, My Computer will not run and crashes to the desktop. It works fine without the Ipod and the Ipod worked fine before I updated to 7 from 6.

I've reinstalled it twice and it still happens. My laptop is 6 months old and I'm running XP. The apple site wasn't helpfully.

Can anyone help me?

Frozen Sooner
9/14/2006, 11:36 PM
I haven't had any problems, but apparently a lot of people are. Best bet would be to uninstall iTunes 7 and find a legacy version on the 'net somewhere.

jeremy885
9/14/2006, 11:39 PM
I was afraid of that. I need to get into the habit of saving the last version of my programs, before I "upgrade" to the latest version.

Frozen Sooner
9/14/2006, 11:40 PM
just google it-should be easy to find.