PDA

View Full Version : iTunes/iPod question

TopDaugIn2000
9/12/2006, 10:48 AM
yes, ANOTHER one.

iTunes is OBVIOUSLY Mac's choice to get music for an iPod, but I hate the $/song fee. Are there any OTHER (legal) download sites that will let you download unlimited songs for $xx a month, that can be somehow converted for iTunes and then put on an iPod? I don't want downloads on a PER song basis, I want unlimited, and I'm willing to pay a SMALL fee for them, because the free ones (limewire) are so infected with spyware and such I've decided to stay away.

One of my friends said he does it with Napster. Downloads the songs and then uses some software program to transform them into a format that iTunes will recognize. Does iTunes recognize ANY mp3, or is it something else (something special)?

Frozen Sooner
9/12/2006, 10:50 AM
*don't steal music*

With Napster, I believe you can burn the tracks to .CDA format on a CD. Then rip them using iTunes (or some other program) to .mp3.

TopDaugIn2000
9/12/2006, 10:51 AM
I used audiograbber (a free software program) to rip all of my CD collection into mp3s, maybe it would work.

hurricane'bone
9/12/2006, 10:55 AM
Didn't you just pay like 4K for a TV?

Howzit
9/12/2006, 10:56 AM
I bought some tunes this weekend through a (I guess) new Napster/XM alliance. They downloaded fine, I was able to burn to CD fine, the properties on the files say unlimited downloads/copies/yadda yadda yadda.

BUT, when I put them on my mp3 player (not iPod) they have a DRM WMA format and will not play. I haven't had a chance to try any of the "strip-the-DRM" approaches I googled...

TopDaugIn2000
9/12/2006, 10:57 AM
Didn't you just pay like 4K for a TV?

which is why I'm not willing to pay a buck/song!