PDA

View Full Version : Saw my preseason magazine and we are

stoopified
9/12/2006, 10:25 AM
picked to finish 7th in the Big 12.This was Lindys Big 12 mag.I don't recall the exact order of finish above us.I think it was KU,aTm,MU,UT, ISU,OSU.That may not be the order exactly ,but I know OSU was 6th and ISU and aTm were ranked higher than I suspected they would be.

To be honest I really only checked fo our placement.Hope Capel and the boys are Capel-able of proving the experts wrong.To be fair I wouldn't pick us any higher than 6th without actually seeing us play.

GDC
9/12/2006, 09:01 PM
I'm looking forward to new season and new coach and attitude.

Ash
9/12/2006, 11:02 PM
picked to finish 7th in the Big 12.This was Lindys Big 12 mag.I don't recall the exact order of finish above us.I think it was KU,aTm,MU,UT, ISU,OSU.That may not be the order exactly ,but I know OSU was 6th and ISU and aTm were ranked higher than I suspected they would be.

To be honest I really only checked fo our placement.Hope Capel and the boys are Capel-able of proving the experts wrong.To be fair I wouldn't pick us any higher than 6th without actually seeing us play.

aTm doesn't surprise me, people have been big on that program for the past couple of years and their recruiting has gotten better recently. The media were singing their praises all last season and expecting big things this year.

ISU is a bit of a surprise if they're ranked really high, but I don't keep up with what they've done over the off-season.

I thought OSU had some raw talent that showed flashes of brilliance last season..:hack::cough::snort:...sorry, saying that almost killed me...wonder if the coaching "change" is affecting their status.

It's going to be a tough year for OU, I think, I hope they can put it together and surprise some people but I'm thinking it's going to be an up and down year. Maybe win one or two people think we should lose, and unfortunately drop a few games.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
9/13/2006, 08:33 AM

If MU is picked to finish ahead of us then there is something wrong. They are going to have a hard time winning 12 games this year. They have have a more exciting system but not the players to run it.

I would say about 6th would be a reasonable preseason prediction. I like the future but I think it is going to take a year or two.

lukin254
9/13/2006, 08:25 PM
I don't really see how OSU is only 6th... I realize their results last year weren't very good, but year 1 to 2 in basketball is generally a huge improvement for players at the D-1A level. And OSU had all but 1 starter in their first year w/the program. I haven't really seen it around here anywhere, but OSU got some news today that Gary Flowers (incoming frosh) got picked up for speeding, registration and insurance (other people are saying that there was pot in the car as well, although on the court dock website he wasn't cited with that). Plus JamesOn Curry is supposedly out 2 months with a torn quad... Not positive on the JamesOn thing either, I think that's a rumor for now... But OSU's talent is as good as Texas, Kansas, anybody else in the Big XII... ISU won't be very good, I don't think, and Mizzou will probably struggle a bit under the new regime... I'm anxoius to see what Capel does.

stoopified
9/14/2006, 03:37 PM
I'm really not syre of the order of finish other than osu 6th,OU 7th.I think part of being ranked low is Eddie is gone.Count me as one of the people who thinks Sean isn't going to be the coach that The Drunk was.

badger
9/20/2006, 07:58 PM
i LOVE the promo videos they play at the football games--- like the one with the coach going on the mic to get a technical

"No matter how bad the officiating is..."

meoveryouxinfinity
10/1/2006, 10:55 AM
Keith Clark is a beast.

GottaHavePride
10/1/2006, 01:22 PM
i LOVE the promo videos they play at the football games--- like the one with the coach going on the mic to get a technical

"No matter how bad the officiating is..."

Heh. And I applaud their choice of funkiness for the music. More things around here need some funkiness.

King Crimson
10/1/2006, 04:49 PM
"the coach".....hmmm....