PDA

View Full Version : Can pain meds make you itch?

LilSooner
9/12/2006, 02:53 AM
Cause I can't stop. Oh and I'm also still up at 3 freaking clock in the morning. But hey at least my knee has stopped hurting. :D

SicEmBaylor
9/12/2006, 02:55 AM
yes they can

LilSooner
9/12/2006, 02:57 AM
well crap. I've got 37 more to get through.

PhxSooner
9/12/2006, 03:04 AM
Any chance of getting different meds? I've had some weird reactions that ended just with a slight change in the prescription.

Of course, this great advice isn't gonna help you get through the rest of the night...:O :D

LilSooner
9/12/2006, 03:08 AM
Yeah probably. The doc just called these in for me this afternoon. Just something to get me through until the MRI on thursday. But now that I think about it 40 pills are a lot to pop between now and then, but whatever.

I have never taken these before to they are way small and are the generic for ultram.

SicEmBaylor
9/12/2006, 03:10 AM
Yeah probably. The doc just called these in for me this afternoon. Just something to get me through until the MRI on thursday. But now that I think about it 40 pills are a lot to pop between now and then, but whatever.

I have never taken these before to they are way small and are the generic for ultram.

Yeah, ultram makes me itch too. It's a common side effect.

LilSooner
9/12/2006, 03:13 AM
well that is just fanfreakingtastic.

SicEmBaylor
9/12/2006, 03:15 AM
well that is just fanfreakingtastic.
A sense of euphoria is also a side effect. Stuff can be dangerously addicting. I'm normally a very reserved aloof guy, but when I had to take Ultram all that was stripped away and I thought everything was "Great" and everyone was "great."

If Satan himself had been present I'd have found something nice to talk to him about.

LilSooner
9/12/2006, 03:16 AM
Really? Thats kindof scary. I'm a little concerned now that the doc gave me so many.

PhilTLL
9/12/2006, 04:09 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol

yermom
9/12/2006, 04:30 AM
The most commonly reported adverse drug reactions are nausea, vomiting and sweating.

well, at least you didn't have those :D

olevetonahill
9/12/2006, 04:32 AM
Docs have said I need 2 surgeries on my back . I have been shot stabbed and stomped :eek:
I aint takin no meds till I cant stand it anymore !
A friend called me tonight (last) asked if I had any oxycontin ? methadone . He was going thru WITHDRAWELS The Boy has No idea how pain feels hes always hidden it with meds
Lil Not talking bad about you just saying My preference
I can already tell I didnt say this right !:confused:
Yes you can have an allergic reaction to any med !

whatsername
9/12/2006, 06:11 AM
Can you take Benedryl? It might help with the itching.

LilSooner
9/12/2006, 06:14 AM
Docs have said I need 2 surgeries on my back . I have been shot stabbed and stomped :eek:
I aint takin no meds till I cant stand it anymore !
A friend called me tonight (last) asked if I had any oxycontin ? methadone . He was going thru WITHDRAWELS The Boy has No idea how pain feels hes always hidden it with meds
Lil Not talking bad about you just saying My preference
I can already tell I didnt say this right !:confused:
Yes you can have an allergic reaction to any med !

I know what you mean. I can tolerate alot of pain normally, but when you are on the verge of completely breaking down and bawling like a bawl bag, they yeah I'm gonna pop something stronger than an advil.

jk the sooner fan
9/12/2006, 06:29 AM
i have tramadol (ultram), its never made me itch.....itching sounds like an allergic reaction to me - i'd call your doc

Okla-homey
9/12/2006, 06:36 AM
Really? Thats kindof scary. I'm a little concerned now that the doc gave me so many.

Just paint yourself with calamine lotion. Then, you'll be a pink, euphoric, painless thing and everybody likes those.:D

LilSooner
9/12/2006, 06:38 AM
Yeah, cause I really want to go do my inservice at my hosptial today looking like a cracked out hippy.

StoopTroup
9/12/2006, 06:42 AM
I took Ultram for awhile.

I was cooking at home and realized I had nicked myself with the chef knife when I looked down at the small pool of blood I was standing it.

Scary medication IMO.

olevetonahill
9/12/2006, 07:09 AM
Yeah, cause I really want to go do my inservice at my hosptial today looking like a cracked out hippy.
Be nice to Us old Hippies !:P
Now Im gonna go to the Hot tub :P :P :P :P

jk the sooner fan
9/12/2006, 07:41 AM
i ONLY take it at nite, as i'm going to bed......i always get a good nites sleep when i take it

LilSooner
9/12/2006, 07:46 AM
See it's having the exact opposite affect on me. I feel really "high", but I will sleep for like two hours then I've been wide awake cleaning the house and working ever since.

Today is going to suck.

jk the sooner fan
9/12/2006, 07:48 AM
lil - that doesnt sound at all like the reaction i have - everybody's different but you really might wanna call the doc or at least the pharmacist - tramadol knocks me the EFF out.....and does wonders for the pain

mrs jk had an allergic reaction to a prescription and the symptom was itching

LilSooner
9/12/2006, 08:00 AM
Yeah I'm calling as soon as they docs office opens up this morning. I'm back to using advil already.

Thanks everyone.

picasso
9/12/2006, 09:37 AM
when I was on the hydrocodone, the itching was the first symptom down the road to hapiness.:) ;)
itchy part didn't last long, then it was good times.