PDA

View Full Version : INSIDE the MIND of a SO PROGRESSIVE!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/12/2006, 01:04 AM
see, the problem w/ you, Tuba, (and others like you)...is that it's hard for normal people to discern who you hate more: radical Muslim extremists who propose terrorism as a means to an end...or American liberals. There's so much bent-up frustration and anger w/ you that I honestly feel pity.

Rage over [insert issue]. Multiply X10....repeat process...war against Christmas...female reproductive autonomy....you name it....there's a million and one bogus non-issues that a talking head can dream up that'll send you and your ilk over the edge in a xenophobic, paranoid seizure.

You're the posterboy for the ****ed-off white male in Middle America who's so damned sad they didn't grow up in the goden days of the uniform 1950s America (which never really existed anyway) where everyone below you knew their place...

You're the guy who Wallace dooped into voting for him in '68. You're the guy who bought into Joe McCarthy. You're the guy who saw nothing wrong w/ the Willie Horton ads in '88. You're the guy who goes ape-**** over a blowjob but thinks an administration misleading their citizens about a war is justified. You're the white-collar, pew sitting' guy who preaches moral superiority while arguing for another tax cut. You're that guy.

And really, I guess that's OK...you have convictions...you stand behind them...I disagree. At least you're not apathetic.

But not today, Tuba...you're not gonna sit there and whine about how the world is so black and white and you and your side are completely correct and everyone else outside that white corporate box is a hate-America-first communist sympathizer.

Those morons at the WTC today are not even close to the average rank&file American left-of-political-center individual....I'd like to think you know that but really, I don't think you do.

You read your blogs...you listen to your talk radio, and you worship your dogmatic beliefs...cool.

But that'd be like me copying pictures of Fred Phelps or Pat Robertson and lumping you in w/ them....well, it'd be like me copying pictures of Fred Phelps or Pat Robertson and lumping 95% of the other SO conservatives in w/ them.

But you got what you wanted didn't you...you gotta rise out of someone you despise....you baited me into stooping to that level on the fifth anniversary of that gawd-awful day and drudging up meaningless and vial political attacks when this day should be about anything and everything but that....for that, I commend you.

Well, done...you fine, patriotic, red-blooded American, you.

And I'm still shaking my head. -Octavian

yermom
9/12/2006, 01:15 AM
for a second there, i thought someone had accidentally logged in as their troll account

mdklatt
9/12/2006, 01:18 AM
I am so gonna start calling william favor a regressive now.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/12/2006, 01:24 AM
The honestly sad thing, is that you are going to point out 2 or 3 innappropriate things in that post and totally ignore the several great points made.

Frozen Sooner
9/12/2006, 01:39 AM
Hey, thanks for dragging that post out of a thread I was no way going to read.

Octavian
9/12/2006, 02:08 AM
The honestly sad thing, is that you are going to point out 2 or 3 innappropriate things in that post and totally ignore the several great points made.

No, I went over the line.

I should've just kept my mouth shut and stuck to football today...I knew the SO could be a hornet's nest on the fifth anniversary of 9/11 b/c it arouses a lot of emotion and passion....but I chose not to.

The "Where Were You" thread was awesome and I read every single post. No political bickering...no infighting...none of that heated, devisive junk that's consumed the country for the last five years.

That's what I was looking for today...I should've known that Tuba's thread was just an attempt to bait someone but I took it anyways....hook, line, and sinker.

I'll apologize now to Tuba b/c I don't think he's a bad guy. He has beliefs that are totally different than mine and others but he sticks to them - often alone, and holds his own.

And honestly, thanks to this new thread, this could quickly spin out of control and become an ugly mess that'd leave more than one person banned...and it's football season, I dont wanna get banned.

But what was going on in that thread just got to me...and I didn't feel like being quiet about it. My first response was just to type *shakes head* and leave it at that. Of course it got me nowhere.

So, Tuba....sorry, dude.

As for you, Rush....what you just did was completely bush league.

I guess this is your way of somehow calling me out...I know the mods don't read every thread and if I was them I wouldn't want to listen to perpetual squabbling internet arguments either. I guess you wanted to make sure they saw it.

A couple of them have conservative viewpoints...maybe you thought creating a new thread about it would lead to me being called on the carpet. Maybe it will...I dunno.

Either way, great idea, man....you've demonstrated a keen ability to copy and paste. Really knocked it outta the park.

SicEmBaylor
9/12/2006, 03:08 AM
I really think there are some out there who are just a whiff away from advocating hanging liberals from lamp posts with signs reading "tratior" around their necks. Things have gotten way way the hell out of control. Confusing real and honest differences in policy with treason or a lack of patriotism is highly disturbing. And when I say, "real and honest policy differences", I am not referring to the kook left who think 9/11 was engineered by Bush and his minions to gain control of mid-east oil. There are plenty of kooks on the left to be sure, but I don't worry as much about them. The crazy family members who embarrass me in public are a more immediate concern.

The thing of it is that I am a firm and strong believer in limited government at home AND abroad; a strong government abroad is not conducive to limited government at home.

What TUBA and WF need to understand is that progressives do and should play a role in American politics. If everyone were considered a conservative there would still be "liberals" or those who are not sufficiently radical enough. Progressive ideology should help to solidify the ideals of limited government for most conservatives; however, the trend has become to use the apparatus of government to fight those counter ideas rather than shrinking government and becoming ultimately victorious. It is depressing.

StoopTroup
9/12/2006, 06:58 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what's so conservative about conservatives.

OUinFLA
9/12/2006, 07:17 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what's so conservative about conservatives.

They only allow one kidney stone to be active at a time.

bri
9/12/2006, 08:03 AM
Hey willie, just a helpful FYI, there's a link you can click that allows you to report posts without having to start an entirely new thread just so you can tell Teacher that someone's thowing spitballs.

You're welcome, dude.

GottaHavePride
9/12/2006, 08:08 AM
Yeah, but that wouldn't reek of high-school angst. And everyone knows high-school angst makes good tv, even if all the angst-y people are WAY past high-school age. Just look at the success of Beverly Hills, 90210.

bri
9/12/2006, 08:10 AM
Which just leads me to hope that william is the secondary nerd that got written out of the show early on so that Brian Austin Green's character could get cooler and nail Donna. :D

soonerscuba
9/12/2006, 08:31 AM
dean's on the warpath, i'm just IBTL.

SoonerBorn68
9/12/2006, 08:34 AM
Ya know sometimes I get so mad at this board I just want to send a broadband punch through cyber space. I consider this board home & I guess there's always going to be bickering, but it sure would be nice if the infighting were about who's hawter, Sherri or Bonnie, or what beer is better. Getting into this deep carp is really splitting up this board.

And yeah, I take shots. It's only natural if you read something that's diabolically opposed to your beliefs or goes over the line. I'm not sure I would have posted Octavian's comments in a new thread or set myself up for sterotyping by posting some radio guys thoughts.

A happy, gentler board? Nope, that ain't gonna happen, but (I've said it before & didn't follow through) I'm going to stick to the fun stuff around here--I don't need to get all fired up with someone who's not going to change his/her opinion.

OklahomaTuba
9/12/2006, 08:36 AM
So, Tuba....sorry, dude.
No biggie.

Sorry for setting you off. Really wasn't my intention at all. :O

Widescreen
9/12/2006, 08:36 AM
Which just leads me to hope that william is the secondary nerd that got written out of the show early on so that Brian Austin Green's character could get cooler and nail Donna. :D
I felt sorry for that guy. He was 90210's Brian Dunkelman except that on Idol, it didn't make Ryan Secrest any cooler.

sanantoniosooner
9/12/2006, 08:37 AM
Democracy.....it's the worst form of government........except for all the others.

I love political talk

OklahomaTuba
9/12/2006, 08:41 AM
What TUBA and WF need to understand is that progressives do and should play a role in American politics. If everyone were considered a conservative there would still be "liberals" or those who are not sufficiently radical enough. Progressive ideology should help to solidify the ideals of limited government for most conservatives
I agree, they should. Unfortunatly, they don't often use the legislative process, as their ideology doesn't reflect the will of the people.

It is depressing, I agree.

Chuck Bao
9/12/2006, 08:46 AM
Democracy.....it's the worst form of government........except for all the others.

I love political talk

Agree.

My boss just wrote a great editorial that basically said that Democracy can't be only all about the popular vote. It has to be about accountability and checks & balances and transparency and a free press.

He was writing about Thailand, but the very same article applies to all democratic countries, including the US.

Yep, I also love political debate without unwarranted name calling and silly sweeping generalizations.

C&CDean
9/12/2006, 08:47 AM
I believe Octavian stated his case very eloquently, clearly, and with passion.

I believe William Favor started this thread just to keep the pot stirred.

For the record, I'm getting pretty tired of the silliness. I've got an idea:

How about stating the positives for your side, and leave the negatives for the other side out of it?

Everybody knows there's an element of the left that is beyond ****ed up. This element does reek of anti-patriotism, anti-establishment, anti-pretty much everything America. They find joy in American pain. These people are traitorous scum who seriously do not deserve to live. Period. I very seriously doubt any of the leftista posters on this board are like that. And if they are, let me just say I hate you, and would probably seriously injure/maim/kill you if I were to see you burning my flag in front of me.

Everybody knows there is an element of the right that is beyond ****ed up. This element does reek of anti-patriotism, anti-establishment, and anti-pretty much everything America. They find joy in American pain. These people are traitorous scum who pretty much don't deserve to live. Period. I very seriously doubt any of the neocon posters on this board are like that. And if they are, let me just say I hate you, and would probably seriously injure/maim/kill you if I were to see you burning a cross in my black neighbor's yard.

So, how about we just drop the "your side is whack" bull**** for a while and remember that we are all passionate Americans who are tired of living under the dark cloud of terrorism? How about we drop the finger pointing? If you've got something to say, say it about your own side. Everybody knows about the other side anyhow.

OklahomaTuba
9/12/2006, 08:50 AM
Amen, will do!

bri
9/12/2006, 08:59 AM

How about stating the positives for your side, and leave the negatives for the other side out of it?

Everybody knows there's an element of the left that is beyond ****ed up. This element does reek of anti-patriotism, anti-establishment, anti-pretty much everything America. They find joy in American pain. These people are traitorous scum who seriously do not deserve to live. Period. I very seriously doubt any of the leftista posters on this board are like that. And if they are, let me just say I hate you, and would probably seriously injure/maim/kill you if I were to see you burning my flag in front of me.

Everybody knows there is an element of the right that is beyond ****ed up. This element does reek of anti-patriotism, anti-establishment, and anti-pretty much everything America. They find joy in American pain. These people are traitorous scum who pretty much don't deserve to live. Period. I very seriously doubt any of the neocon posters on this board are like that. And if they are, let me just say I hate you, and would probably seriously injure/maim/kill you if I were to see you burning a cross in my black neighbor's yard.

So, how about we just drop the "your side is whack" bull**** for a while and remember that we are all passionate Americans who are tired of living under the dark cloud of terrorism? How about we drop the finger pointing? If you've got something to say, say it about your own side. Everybody knows about the other side anyhow.

:D

soonerscuba
9/12/2006, 09:00 AM
Can I say something positive about the other side?

I'm convinced that Laura Bush has amazing set of knockers... the evidence is there.

C&CDean
9/12/2006, 09:02 AM

Oh, I just forgot to add the "or else I'll kick your bunghole clean through your forehead if'n you don't" part.:bsmf:

bri
9/12/2006, 09:04 AM
Oh, I just forgot to add the "or else I'll kick your bunghole clean through your forehead if'n you don't" part.:bsmf:

Overcompensating *****.

C&CDean
9/12/2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah? Well guess what? Your side sucks. So does your front.

bri
9/12/2006, 09:10 AM
I KNEW IT!! YOU'RE A FRONTIST!!! :eek:

OklahomaTuba
9/12/2006, 09:28 AM
SNap!

yermom
9/12/2006, 09:28 AM
but Dean, what will we do with all of these strawmen?

OklahomaTuba
9/12/2006, 09:31 AM
Or, straw themeparks and resorts...

I say we all agree to just blame everything on that bastard Brian Britt.

OUinFLA
9/12/2006, 09:40 AM
it sure would be nice if the infighting were about who's hawter, Sherri or Bonnie,

Bonnie.............unless you're talkin boobs.........then Sherri.........
Oh heck..........let's settle on Sherri and her basketballs.
Might as well be supporting a Sooner.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/12/2006, 10:14 AM

FINALLY SOMETHING WE CAN ALL GET BEHIND :mad: :mad:

Hamhock
9/12/2006, 10:17 AM
Bonnie.............unless you're talkin boobs.........then Sherri.........
Oh heck..........let's settle on Sherri and her basketballs.
Might as well be supporting a Sooner.

FINALLY SOMETHING WE CAN ALL GET BEHIND!!! ;)

NormanPride
9/12/2006, 10:19 AM

We've covered this already. Brian Britt is just the frontman for the evil Wakefield-Castiglione conspiracy.

Oh, and I saw Bri putting cherry bombs in the girl's toilet. :eek:

Scott D
9/12/2006, 10:31 AM

"And he's teetering on the brink...it won't be long now Phil"

picasso
9/12/2006, 10:33 AM

how about you stop being so darned gay.

picasso
9/12/2006, 10:33 AM
and watch where you're whizzing!

crawfish
9/12/2006, 10:34 AM
but Dean, what will we do with all of these strawmen?

The fire marshal said we can only have three strawmen per thread.

n8v_ndn
9/12/2006, 10:36 AM
As the Pony mascots' faces have gotten meaner, so has life on the SO...and I like it.

or not

C&CDean
9/12/2006, 10:37 AM
how about you stop being so darned gay.

I just so happen to be a card carrying member of the OTHER side.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/12/2006, 10:48 AM
You get a card for that? Where the hell is mine!!

Frozen Sooner
9/12/2006, 10:51 AM
You get a card for that? Where the hell is mine!!

Well, for most of us, they don't really need to give us a card.

But most of us don't wear flip-flops.

Scott D
9/12/2006, 10:56 AM
Dean needs a card because he's forgetful...old age does that to ornery muh****ahs.

C&CDean
9/12/2006, 11:09 AM
Well, for most of us, they don't really need to give us a card, but they do anyhow, you know to show you where your voting place is.

But most of us up here in Eskimo land don't wear flip-flops - unless we want frostbitten digits.

True enough.

C&CDean
9/12/2006, 11:10 AM
Dean needs a card because he's forgetful...old age does that to ornery muh****ahs.

Who's Dean?

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/12/2006, 11:19 AM
The guy no longer in Norm's hiney in Norman?

TexasLidig8r
9/12/2006, 11:40 AM
Quite frankly, I see very little difference in the positions of the extremists on both sides of the aisle.

While espousing they are only looking after the best interests of the nation as a whole, they place their own party, and its positions before the other party and the American people.

They are so convinced of the righteousness of their own views, that they close out and do not listen to opinions, no matter how well-reasoned and logical, that do not coincide with their own views.

Their close mindedness is so pervasive that they do not even see the hypocrisy of their own ways as they attempt to obtain the "moral high ground" and not seeing that they continue to slip and falter in their own inadequacies.

Both parties are so consumed with their own special interests and getting further and further away from the political center (where quite frankly, most Americans are) that they have left behind, and no longer care for, the vast majority of people.

Is this really what we have become? :(

OCUDad
9/12/2006, 11:41 AM
Who's Dean?Dean: the old farts clique extends you an invitation to join.

And now that Doleo, bri, and picasso have all called you out, I don't think there's enough vCash in the world to cover the action on the upcoming cage match.

sanantoniosooner
9/12/2006, 11:43 AM
I take comfort knowing that how ever much confusion and BS gets spewed by any particular group.......I'm right.

9/12/2006, 11:49 AM
Quite frankly, I see very little difference in the positions of the extremists on both sides of the aisle.

While espousing they are only looking after the best interests of the nation as a whole, they place their own party, and its positions before the other party and the American people.

They are so convinced of the righteousness of their own views, that they close out and do not listen to opinions, no matter how well-reasoned and logical, that do not coincide with their own views.

Their close mindedness is so pervasive that they do not even see the hypocrisy of their own ways as they attempt to obtain the "moral high ground" and not seeing that they continue to slip and falter in their own inadequacies.

Both parties are so consumed with their own special interests and getting further and further away from the political center (where quite frankly, most Americans are) that they have left behind, and no longer care for, the vast majority of people.

Is this really what we have become? :(The moral equivalency argument from an attorney. Surprising?

Scott D
9/12/2006, 11:54 AM
The moral equivalency argument from an attorney. Surprising?

more surprizing than the no legitimate argument from the parrot of phoenix.

mdklatt
9/12/2006, 12:04 PM
more surprizing than the no legitimate argument from the parrot of phoenix.

http://www.parrot-fever.com/_Sitefiles/productimages/TPL%20Calendar.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
9/12/2006, 01:06 PM
Appropriate

Vaevictis
9/12/2006, 02:27 PM

Heh, isn't this supposed to be Karl Rove's election strategy?

(not that I'm trying to stir up any pot or anything, but according to most of the stuff I've read about him, the basis of most of his political strategy is to polarize the electorate through the use of highly controversial "wedge issues".

Assuming that that is really the case, what you described is the natural end of such a strategy.)

OUinFLA
9/12/2006, 06:49 PM
Dean: the old farts clique extends you an invitation to join.

Did we vote on that?
We do get to vote dont we?

Geekboy
9/12/2006, 07:14 PM
There is a very simple solution for all of this.

Kill everyone.

Jerk
9/12/2006, 08:05 PM
There is a very simple solution for all of this.

Kill everyone.

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/672/nukessp7.jpg

Now watch some neo-commie will take me serious.

Frozen Sooner
9/12/2006, 08:12 PM
How can anyone take you seriously when both your grammar and the grammar of the person who made that sign is so bad?

Geekboy
9/12/2006, 08:13 PM
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/672/nukessp7.jpg

Now watch some neo-commie will take me serious.
Jerk, that just might be the greatest thing I have ever seen.

Geekboy
9/12/2006, 08:21 PM
How can anyone take you seriously when both your grammar and the grammar of the person who made that sign is so bad?
BOOOOOOOO Mr. Spelling Police Man!!!

HOOORAY BEER!!!!!!!!!!

Jerk
9/12/2006, 08:26 PM

pffftt...

You're annoying.

I've never seen someone so full of themself as you.

Frozen Sooner
9/12/2006, 08:30 PM
pffftt...

You're annoying.

Yeah, people with their heads firmly inserted in their rectums typically think that about those who don't.

Hint: It's called "ribbing." Perhaps you should look into being able to take some.

You might also want to look into a "sense of humor."

Jerk
9/12/2006, 08:31 PM
Yeah, people with their heads firmly inserted in their rectums typically think that about those who don't.

Hint: It's called "ribbing." Perhaps you should look into being able to take some.

You might also want to look into a "sense of humor."

Okay Mr Spelling Smack, whatever you believe.

Frozen Sooner
9/12/2006, 08:33 PM
Grammar smack. Geez, if you can't get that right, you're never going to be able to figure out this "humor" thing.

Jerk
9/12/2006, 08:35 PM
Grammar smack. Geez, if you can't get that right, you're never going to be able to figure out this "humor" thing.

OK Mr Grammar Smack, whatever you say dude.

My God in Heavan, what a gift to the State of Alaska you are. Surely your brightness melts the snow and ice.

bri
9/12/2006, 08:59 PM
And the uneasy truce between cats and dogs goes down the sh*tter.

Well done, willie. Your work here is done.

OCUDad
9/12/2006, 09:03 PM
Did we vote on that?
We do get to vote dont we?Something tells me that where Dean is concerned, votes don't matter.

Zbird
9/12/2006, 09:24 PM

Well said big guy!

Frozen Sooner
9/13/2006, 12:37 AM
OK Mr Grammar Smack, whatever you say dude.

My God in Heavan, what a gift to the State of Alaska you are. Surely your brightness melts the snow and ice.

You misspelled "Heaven."

See, THAT's spelling smack.

LosAngelesSooner
9/13/2006, 03:53 AM
pffftt...

You're annoying.

Really?

No one?

:pop:

SelmaBamaFan
9/13/2006, 04:57 AM
This thread clearly doesnt deliver. :(

I was expecting SO-Meltdown version 4.0 (or is it 5.0?).

BoogercountySooner
9/13/2006, 09:58 AM
My front side sticks out further than my backside.:D

Remember everyone when we are kidding we do one of these ;) or these:D or this :) or even this :P . When you leave your statement without a smiley you gotta be serious correct?

Just sayin!:D :) ;) :P

TexasLidig8r
9/13/2006, 10:38 AM
http://www.radgraphics.net/images/main/ArtilleryShell.jpg

49r
9/13/2006, 12:31 PM
My front side sticks out further than my backside.:D

Remember everyone when we are kidding we do one of these ;) or these:D or this :) or even this :P . When you leave your statement without a smiley you gotta be serious correct?

Just sayin!:D :) ;) :P

Sometimes when we're kidding, we do one of these, too. :mad: or even :eek: or :rolleyes: hell, we even do the occasional :meat:. But only a commie would do one of these, tho... :P cause it's pink.

Sooner_Bob
9/13/2006, 12:41 PM
Where's a penguin when you need one . . .

Pricetag
9/13/2006, 12:44 PM

Yes. The really sad part is that at the end of these arguments, pretty much everyone agrees that both parties are totally jacked, but who among us has cast a vote for an independent candidate?

mdklatt
9/13/2006, 12:52 PM
but who among us has cast a vote for an independent candidate?

Ahem.

9/13/2006, 01:00 PM
Yes. The really sad part is that at the end of these arguments, pretty much everyone agrees that one party has some problems, and the other is totally jacked, but who among us has wasted his time by casting a vote for an independent candidate?Sorry, had to do it.

yermom
9/13/2006, 01:24 PM
Ahem.

it's you people that gave us Bush in the first place ;)

mdklatt
9/13/2006, 01:27 PM

I actually voted for Bush for the first time around. :mad:

There's no chance of having an independent presidential candidate on the ballot in Oklahoma. :bsmf:

LosAngelesSooner
9/13/2006, 01:29 PM
Sorry, had to do it.
No, I'd say that the Dems are totally jacked, too. Not just the Repubs.

That wasn't a fair fix.

BoogercountySooner
9/13/2006, 01:30 PM

Give me lots of Bush and don't be conservative!:D

Pricetag
9/13/2006, 01:55 PM
Sorry, had to do it.
I said pretty much everyone.

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2006, 02:10 PM
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1071/optimusprimekj0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ike
9/13/2006, 02:21 PM
This thread clearly doesnt deliver. :(

I was expecting SO-Meltdown version 4.0 (or is it 5.0?).

We should be on version 4.4.3.11

Chuck Bao
9/13/2006, 05:02 PM
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1071/optimusprimekj0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Yeah, I'd vote for him. But, it'd never happen.

He wasn't built in America.

Scott D
9/13/2006, 09:40 PM
Yes. The really sad part is that at the end of these arguments, pretty much everyone agrees that both parties are totally jacked, but who among us has cast a vote for an independent candidate?

in every election since 1994.

bri
9/13/2006, 10:57 PM

Yeah, it SEEMS like a good idea...until he gets killed in office and Vice President Rodimus Prime takes over.

Gah.

Pricetag
9/14/2006, 08:39 AM
Yeah, it SEEMS like a good idea...until he gets killed in office and Vice President Rodimus Prime takes over.

Gah.
SPOILER TAGS! :mad:

bri
9/14/2006, 11:52 AM
SPOILER TAGS! :mad:

You're a tool.

Pricetag
9/14/2006, 12:08 PM
Heh.

KaiserSooner
9/14/2006, 12:23 PM
see, the problem w/ you, Tuba, (and others like you)...is that it's hard for normal people to discern who you hate more: radical Muslim extremists who propose terrorism as a means to an end...or American liberals. There's so much bent-up frustration and anger w/ you that I honestly feel pity.

Rage over [insert issue]. Multiply X10....repeat process...war against Christmas...female reproductive autonomy....you name it....there's a million and one bogus non-issues that a talking head can dream up that'll send you and your ilk over the edge in a xenophobic, paranoid seizure.

You're the posterboy for the ****ed-off white male in Middle America who's so damned sad they didn't grow up in the goden days of the uniform 1950s America (which never really existed anyway) where everyone below you knew their place...

You're the guy who Wallace dooped into voting for him in '68. You're the guy who bought into Joe McCarthy. You're the guy who saw nothing wrong w/ the Willie Horton ads in '88. You're the guy who goes ape-**** over a blowjob but thinks an administration misleading their citizens about a war is justified. You're the white-collar, pew sitting' guy who preaches moral superiority while arguing for another tax cut. You're that guy.

And really, I guess that's OK...you have convictions...you stand behind them...I disagree. At least you're not apathetic.

But not today, Tuba...you're not gonna sit there and whine about how the world is so black and white and you and your side are completely correct and everyone else outside that white corporate box is a hate-America-first communist sympathizer.

Those morons at the WTC today are not even close to the average rank&file American left-of-political-center individual....I'd like to think you know that but really, I don't think you do.

You read your blogs...you listen to your talk radio, and you worship your dogmatic beliefs...cool.

But that'd be like me copying pictures of Fred Phelps or Pat Robertson and lumping you in w/ them....well, it'd be like me copying pictures of Fred Phelps or Pat Robertson and lumping 95% of the other SO conservatives in w/ them.

But you got what you wanted didn't you...you gotta rise out of someone you despise....you baited me into stooping to that level on the fifth anniversary of that gawd-awful day and drudging up meaningless and vial political attacks when this day should be about anything and everything but that....for that, I commend you.

Well, done...you fine, patriotic, red-blooded American, you.

And I'm still shaking my head. -Octavian

I'd just like to say that I'm quite appreciative of william favor's work in drudging up, out of a thread I would never bother to read, this accurate characterization of Tuba and his ilk.

9/14/2006, 01:00 PM
I'd just like to say that I'm quite appreciative of william favor's work in drudging up, out of a thread I would never bother to read, this accurate characterization of Tuba and his ilk.Geez, I bet you wish it was you that offered up those astute comments.

bri
9/14/2006, 01:16 PM
I wish I had a pony!

Fugue
9/14/2006, 01:18 PM
I had a pony, so vhat's wrong vith that?

TUSooner
9/14/2006, 01:26 PM
I wish I had a pony!
You are definitley taunting me with your Bonnie B avatar. Stop it now!

bri
9/14/2006, 01:30 PM
I would, were it not for the fact that you're not the boss of me. :D

And, of course, the fact that I HAVE DIBS!