PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 Rankings

soonerfaninfla
9/11/2006, 11:28 PM
I would like to know what the deal is with the polls this week, OU had a tough time against UAB, win the game, yet drop 5 places in the polls. I went to the FSU/Troy game this past weekend and FSU looked awful. Troy would have won the game if not for a blocked field goal and a intercepted pass in the endzone. FSU won the game in the final two minutes. So I would like to know why FSU did not drop in the polls. Seems like some bias somewhere to me

Beano's Fourth Chin
9/11/2006, 11:33 PM
They beat Miami in Miami.

All_Day_28
9/11/2006, 11:36 PM
that's half of the right answer. the other half is bias

Texas Golfer
9/11/2006, 11:55 PM
As much as I hate USC, I was surprised to see that they entered the week at #3. #1 beats #2 and #3 drops to #4. WTF?

Tennessee escapes with a one-point win over Air Force when AF failed to make the two-point conversion going for the win and Tennessee only drops two places. WTF?

soonerfaninfla
9/12/2006, 12:11 AM
Granted they did beat Miami, but neither Miami nor FSU has a offense, Troy looked better than Miami did

soonerfaninfla
9/12/2006, 12:12 AM
As much as I hate USC, I was surprised to see that they entered the week at #3. #1 beats #2 and #3 drops to #4. WTF?

Tennessee escapes with a one-point win over Air Force when AF failed to make the two-point conversion going for the win and Tennessee only drops two places. WTF?
This is so true

jackietreehorn
9/12/2006, 12:35 AM
Troy would have won the game if not for a blocked field goal and a intercepted pass in the endzone.

we would have beat lsu if we'd have kept running the ball.

we would have beat suc if they hadn't scored all those touchdowns.

we would have beat... you see what i'm saying?

at the end of the day you gotta go by the scoreboard.

but seriously, you're right, we got hosed in the polls this time.

Sco
9/12/2006, 12:45 AM
Pre-BCS polls don't really matter. In a few weeks, they'll look a bit more unbiased.

All_Day_28
9/12/2006, 12:47 AM
Pre-BCS polls don't really matter. In a few weeks, they'll look a bit more unbiased.
you're right. in a few weeks they'll look a little more unbiased when OU is #1:D

Earickson
9/12/2006, 12:52 AM
I prefer the Sooners to be lower in the polls than I think they should be. I think this will be better for the team. It gives them something to shoot for, and it might put a chip on their shoulder if they get the feeling they are not respected and recognized as a good team.

Especially if they keep winning and continue to not rise in the polls. Of course, eventually, I hope they get a boost in the polls or there is no chance of a good postseason. All in all, I like where the team is ranked right now. Sort of in the middle, out of the top 10, but not yet in the middle of nowhere.

All_Day_28
9/12/2006, 12:54 AM
I prefer the Sooners to be lower in the polls than I think they should be. I think this will be better for the team. It gives them something to shoot for, and it might put a chip on their shoulder if they get the feeling they are not respected and recognized as a good team.

Especially if they keep winning and continue to not rise in the polls. Of course, eventually, I hope they get a boost in the polls or there is no chance of a good postseason. All in all, I like where the team is ranked right now. Sort of in the middle, out of the top 10, but not yet in the middle of nowhere.

if the team doesn't already have a chip on their shoulder and have something to shoot for then something is wrong.

BIG_IKE
9/12/2006, 08:59 AM
As has been said numerous times...as long as we keep winning we are good to go. For these reasons..

#1 SEC Teams dont go undefeated
#2 USC or Notre Dame will lose to each other
#3 We have a chance to beat up on a North opponent IN THE CCG after most people have stopped playing.

#4 I think ND's luck will run out, and I am willing to bet my arm that tOSU will stumble in a Big 10 game.

Texas Golfer
9/12/2006, 09:02 AM
if the team doesn't already have a chip on their shoulder and have something to shoot for then something is wrong.

I agree. And it's also too easy to accept defeat. "Oh, well, we weren't expected to win anyway."

Texas Golfer
9/12/2006, 09:03 AM
USC or Notre Dame will lose to each other.

How is this possible? One will lose but won't the other one win?

BIG_IKE
9/12/2006, 09:08 AM
How is this possible? One will lose but won't the other one win?

True only only one will lose, but I think ND will stumble before then.
On a down note...it IS very very possible to have tOSU, OU, SUC,WV and Auburn all undefeated, but I doubt it. I think there will be a one loss team in the BCS CG this year with lots of controversy as to which of the 4 or 5 one loss teams get it.

lukin254
9/12/2006, 09:39 AM
If ND doesn't stumble in the next two weeks they've got smooth sailing up to SC.....

TripleOption14
9/12/2006, 09:59 AM
Call me crazy but I think a lot of the pollsters are like a lot of the OU fans and don't really know what to think of this OU team just yet. I know i'm still a little leary of some things. Thats why i think they were waiting on this weekends game to make a decision. If OU beats the ducks in oregon then i say we move up in the top 10 easy!! This weekend is the true early test for this team and a lot of people will be watching.

leavingthezoo
9/12/2006, 10:00 AM
#2 USC or Notre Dame will lose to each other

i wish they could both lose to each other at the same time. just for kicks and giggles. :D

Plano UT
9/12/2006, 12:04 PM
Call me crazy but I think a lot of the pollsters are like a lot of the OU fans and don't really know what to think of this OU team just yet. I know i'm still a little leary of some things. Thats why i think they were waiting on this weekends game to make a decision. If OU beats the ducks in oregon then i say we move up in the top 10 easy!! This weekend is the true early test for this team and a lot of people will be watching.

I would love to call you crazy but you nailed it right on the head. Win this week and the RRS and OU will have all of the Pre season poll respect back that they lost after the Bomar crap.

I know all fans basis like to call it a bias. I might actually agree if you guys were you not ranked top ten before the incident.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/12/2006, 12:16 PM
what about Iowa needing OT to beat Syracuse that went 1-11 last season... and dropping 2 spots

soonerlaw
9/12/2006, 01:14 PM
i wish they could both lose to each other at the same time. just for kicks and giggles. :D

That's the same thing I wished for during last years Rose Bowl...

Octavian
9/12/2006, 02:06 PM
If ND doesn't stumble in the next two weeks they've got smooth sailing up to SC.....

watch out for that game @ Air Force....

I wouldn't have thought this before the season started but....it's the game before ND goes to the Coliseum and AF just barely missed pulling out a win in Knoxville.

TopDawg
9/12/2006, 04:58 PM
This is an example of how powerful first impressions can be. FSU's first impression was much better in the eyes of the pollsters than ours.

But it's Week 3. Who really cares?

stoopified
9/12/2006, 05:24 PM
They beat Miami in Miami.Yeah,don't you know there is no bias in poll voting?:D

stoopified
9/12/2006, 05:31 PM
Call me crazy but I think a lot of the pollsters are like a lot of the OU fans and don't really know what to think of this OU team just yet. I know i'm still a little leary of some things. Thats why i think they were waiting on this weekends game to make a decision. If OU beats the ducks in oregon then i say we move up in the top 10 easy!! This weekend is the true early test for this team and a lot of people will be watching.Bingo!Damn double dip post.