PDA

View Full Version : After Watching the path to 9/11

85Sooner
9/11/2006, 09:19 PM
I can honestly say I am just as pised right now as I was that day.

We must destroy all of the jihadst asholes

and our US government better get on the stick because if another attack happens. every representative that voted against the measurements to protect this country should be gathered up and publicly executed.

VeeJay
9/11/2006, 09:26 PM
What he said.

Okla-homey
9/11/2006, 09:56 PM
I often find it very difficult to understand how an intelligent person could reasonably call for a military withdrawal from the region.

Ike
9/11/2006, 10:06 PM
I often find it very difficult to understand how an intelligent person could reasonably call for a military withdrawal from the region.

I don't. We want to get our people out of there before the mushroom cloud comes. :D

Okla-homey
9/11/2006, 10:40 PM
I don't. We want to get our people out of there before the mushroom cloud comes. :D

Unfortunately, if there are any mushroom clouds, I fear they will be over here.:(

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 10:41 PM
If we leave that region, there will be a mushroom cloud here.

Its only a matter of time IMO.

We need to fight this war like it should be fought. War should be hell, so that no one wants it. It hasn't been fought this way at all.

OUinFLA
9/11/2006, 10:45 PM

and our US government better get on the stick because if another attack happens. every representative that voted against the measurements to protect this country should be gathered up and publicly executed.

IN

OUinFLA
9/11/2006, 10:49 PM
I woud support upping the bounty on the "head of Al Queida" to .....
oh, say.........$1 Billion. Get a new "head", collect a new bounty.

Ike
9/11/2006, 10:53 PM
I woud support upping the bounty on the "head of Al Queida" to .....
oh, say.........$1 Billion. Get a new "head", collect a new bounty.

I don't know. I'd say up the bounty to $1 Billion* instead

you don't want to just make another potential terrorist rich enough to decide he wants to kill us in the process.

*paid in 1,000,000 monthly installments of $1,000

OUinFLA
9/11/2006, 10:56 PM
*paid in 1,000,000 monthly installments of $1,000

just like the lottery, huh?

Okla-homey
9/11/2006, 11:00 PM

We need to fight this war like it should be fought. War should be hell, so that no one wants it. It hasn't been fought this way at all.

The cleansing of Falujah was pretty hard core.

Frankly, we're still doing the "win their hearts and minds" stuff. Eventually, that will cease and we'll have to go medieval on 'em. Probably a better choice since thats the way they roll and they respect that.

I've been reading about the ancient Brits' attempt to oust the Romans from Britian in 60AD. At the Battle of Watling Street, a mere 1.5 legions utterly destroyed a Brit force perhaps 20 times their number in a single days fight b/c the Romans didn't lose their cool, stayed in formation and followed their plan.

It ensured Roman control of Britian for the next 350 years. The great Roman historian Tacitus wrote of of the Roman general Paulinus' pre-battle speech when his guys were pretty scared at the approach of a million screamiing Brits:

"Ignore the racket made by these savages. There are more women than men in their ranks. They are not soldiers - they're not even properly equipped. We've beaten them before and when they see our weapons and feel our spirit, they'll crack. Stick together. Throw the javelins, then push forward: knock them down with your shields and finish them off with your swords. Forget about booty. Just win and you'll have the lot."

pretty good advice even 1946 years later.

GrapevineSooner
9/11/2006, 11:33 PM
Above all else, the Path to 9/11 showed just how terribly the bureaucracy of our government failed us and just how badly we've underestimated the threat of terrorism in the last 27 years.

mdklatt
9/12/2006, 12:20 AM
Above all else, the Path to 9/11 showed just how terribly the bureaucracy of our government failed us and just how badly we've underestimated the threat of terrorism in the last 27 years.

Check your math--that would imply that both the elephants and the donkeys are to blame. That's just crazy talk.

GrapevineSooner
9/12/2006, 12:41 AM
Check your math--that would imply that both the elephants and the donkeys are to blame. That's just crazy talk.

Well, I try to be as level headed as I can on this issue knowing full well that partisan spinning of the issues will do no good.

The WoT didn't start on 9/11/01. It started back in 1979 at our embassy in Tehran.

And with few exceptions, we didn't take the threat of Islamofascism serious enough. You could argue it was just as much of a mistake for Reagan to withdraw our troops from Lebanon after the Marine barracks bombings as Clinton's decision to wall off the CIA and FBI from each other.

Still, the ultimate responsibility lies with the terrorists themselves as well as the nations that provide safe haven and those who finance their operations.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/12/2006, 12:46 AM
Well, I try to be as level headed as I can on this issue knowing full well that partisan spinning of the issues will do no good.

The WoT didn't start on 9/11/01. It started back in 1979 at our embassy in Tehran.

And with few exceptions, we didn't take the threat of Islamofascism serious enough. You could argue it was just as much of a mistake for Reagan to withdraw our troops from Lebanon after the Marine barracks bombings as Clinton's decision to wall off the CIA and FBI from each other.

Still, the ultimate responsibility lies with the terrorists themselves as well as the nations that provide safe haven and those who finance their operations.Exactly!

mdklatt
9/12/2006, 12:47 AM

Good heavens man, where do you think you are!?

9/12/2006, 12:48 AM

and our US government better get on the stick because if another attack happens. every representative that voted against the measurements to protect this country should be gathered up and publicly executed.To include prevention of illegal entry, from both Mexico and Canada, whether that was a recommendation from the 9-11 commission or not.

85Sooner
9/12/2006, 11:52 AM
To include prevention of illegal entry, from both Mexico and Canada, whether that was a recommendation from the 9-11 commission or not.
100% Agreement here on that!

LosAngelesSooner
9/12/2006, 01:01 PM

Who do you blame for that?

OklahomaTuba
9/12/2006, 01:14 PM
Who do you blame for that?
The man in charge, Bush. I've said this numerous times. He's the man, it all comes back to him.

Fortunately for him though, the opposing party doesn't have any solution to offer except running away.

LosAngelesSooner
9/12/2006, 01:31 PM
The man in charge, Bush. I've said this numerous times. He's the man, it all comes back to him.

Fortunately for him though, the opposing party doesn't have any solution to offer except running away.
Maybe you should read something besides Bush's talking points.

There are more than just two options:

1)stay the course...oops! nobody ever said that. Er...Make that...Adapt and win. (lmao)

2)cut n run

Uhm...there are OTHER OPTIONS. Even other options being proposed. But so many people just listen to the Fox "News" Parrots and believe what they say is the only truth. Try reading around.

The Democrats may be disorganized and sadly lacking in inspiring leadership, but they do have a few intelligent people who have made some intelligent suggestions. SO HAVE OUR REPUBS. The problem is that Bush doesn't listen to EITHER OF THEM.

sooner n houston
9/12/2006, 04:03 PM
LAS, please enlighten us on these wonderful Dem plans. TIA!

85Sooner
9/12/2006, 04:07 PM

Uh Uh Uh uh Lets redeploy, I mean lets leave, I mean we shouldn't be there in the first placce, Uh I mean I/ we support our troops ...... uhu uh uh uh

Bush Is bad.

Jerk
9/12/2006, 05:38 PM

[feminine lispy voice]If we just tell them that we want to be friends, hold their hands, and we want nothing but peace and free healthcare, then they will stop hurting us![/feminine lispy voice]

9/12/2006, 05:45 PM
"Can't we just all be friends?"-Rodney King, after the Rodney King riots.

85Sooner
9/12/2006, 06:20 PM
"Can't we just all be friends?"-Rodney King, after the Rodney King riots.

and before his next 3 arrests.

usmc-sooner
9/12/2006, 06:20 PM

I think you stumped him, plus you've got to remember he's not a liberal democrat he just plays one on this board.

Geekboy
9/12/2006, 06:46 PM
After 9-11 do you remember when Bush said this was going to be a 'dirty' war? He's right. There's a ton of stuff going on behind the scenes that might not be made public for hundreds of years.

One rumor I've heard several times was that Saudi Arabia and some other Islamic countries have been warned if they don't get control of their radicals and there is another attack on U.S. soil.......Mecca and Medina are gone......
I'm sure that's just a rumor.

Appeasement.....(Chamberlain "Peace in our time") has proved time and time again to NEVER WORK!!!

Also, BTW, I actually know a guy that lives in Los Angeles that is conservative! How weird is that?

85Sooner
9/12/2006, 06:51 PM
After 9-11 do you remember when Bush said this was going to be a 'dirty' war? He's right. There's a ton of stuff going on behind the scenes that might not be made public for hundreds of years.

One rumor I've heard several times was that Saudi Arabia and some other Islamic countries have been warned if they don't get control of their radicals and there is another attack on U.S. soil.......Mecca and Medina are gone......
I'm sure that's just a rumor.

Appeasement.....(Chamberlain "Peace in our time") has proved time and time again to NEVER WORK!!!

Also, BTW, I actually know a guy that lives in Los Angeles that is conservative! How weird is that?

I met him once. Must be the same guy

usmc-sooner
9/12/2006, 06:57 PM
I met him once. Must be the same guy

and to think he posts on this board............................

under several different names. :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
9/13/2006, 03:51 AM
[feminine lispy voice]If we just tell them that we want to be friends, hold their hands, and we want nothing but peace and free healthcare, then they will stop hurting us![/feminine lispy voice]
Are you supposed to be impersonating me?

LosAngelesSooner
9/13/2006, 03:52 AM
and to think he posts on this board............................

under several different names. :rolleyes:
I only post under one name. :rolleyes:

Jerk
9/13/2006, 04:12 AM
Are you supposed to be impersonating me?

Why do you ask? Is that what you sound like?

LosAngelesSooner
9/13/2006, 01:27 PM
Why do you ask? Is that what you sound like?
Just felt like another one of your personal attacks directed my way.

And I was curious if that was supposed to be me...and if you'd like to do that impersonation of me in person, to my face?

That's all. Just curious.

:pop:

mdklatt
9/13/2006, 01:29 PM
And I was curious...if you'd like to do that impersonation of me in person, to my face?

Prolly--Jerk has guns. :D

LosAngelesSooner
9/13/2006, 02:17 PM
HEH

LOL

:D

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2006, 02:29 PM
Is it too late to enter the internet c*ck contest?

LosAngelesSooner
9/13/2006, 03:05 PM
No. Not too late at all.

There's no real competition yet. You should win easily.

sooner n houston
9/13/2006, 03:15 PM

Well???

Fugue
9/13/2006, 03:16 PM
No. Not too late at all.

There's no real competition yet. You should win easily.

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2006, 03:23 PM
TOTP

LosAngelesSooner
9/13/2006, 03:50 PM
Dang...you topped the page!

You totally have the biggest sack.

I forfeit.

colleyvillesooner
9/13/2006, 03:53 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/calland/owned.gif

usmc-sooner
9/13/2006, 04:18 PM

And I was curious if that was supposed to be me...and if you'd like to do that impersonation of me in person, to my face?

I'm sure you could set it up and then just pm him a bazillion times

LosAngelesSooner
9/13/2006, 04:46 PM
I'm sure you could set it up and then just pm him a bazillion times
LMAO

Jerk
9/13/2006, 05:33 PM

Okay, Internet Rambo. No, it was not directed at you, but I do like how you got your panties in a bind over it.

Thanks for a good laugh.

Jerk
9/13/2006, 05:35 PM
Prolly--Jerk has guns. :D

Doesn't everybody?

Harry Beanbag
9/13/2006, 05:49 PM

Bruce?

usmc-sooner
9/13/2006, 07:00 PM

are you inviting him out for a personal attack?

Harry Beanbag
9/13/2006, 07:04 PM
Now I hear all of LAS' posts as a feminine lispy voice in my head thanks to this thread.

And it sucks.

usmc-sooner
9/13/2006, 07:10 PM
Now I hear all of LAS' posts as a feminine lispy voice in my head thanks to this thread.

And it sucks.

oh yeah you want to say it to his face, :D like over the internet

Harry Beanbag
9/13/2006, 07:23 PM
oh yeah you want to say it to his face, :D like over the internet

Funny thing is, that didn't start happening until he kneed himself in the forehead overreacting to Jerk. I knew exactly where that post from Jerk came from, and it wasn't directed at LAS.

usmc-sooner
9/13/2006, 07:25 PM
Funny thing is, that didn't start happening until he kneed himself in the forehead overreacting to Jerk. I knew exactly where that post from Jerk came from, and it wasn't directed at LAS.

he thinks every post is a personal attack or an insult

btw which one was yours. :D

Harry Beanbag
9/13/2006, 07:28 PM
he thinks every post is a personal attack or an insult

A good portion of his posts are.

btw which one was yours. :D

I'm sure he'll let me know. I don't think it was either, it was just an observation based on circumstances that he created. But I'm sure he'll see it differently.

KABOOKIE
9/13/2006, 09:33 PM
I only post under one name. :rolleyes:

Whatever Sam Spade. :rolleyes:
LAS is one piece of ****ing work.

I think DE said it best when he shoe whooped you like a little cockroach.
Good Bye LAS (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=734828&postcount=100)

Whatever happened to............

PERMA BAN (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=735009&postcount=129)

Mixer!
9/13/2006, 09:48 PM

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=735009&postcount=129

uhhh... (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1536512&postcount=44)

KABOOKIE
9/13/2006, 09:58 PM
uhhh... (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1536512&postcount=44)

Yeah I saw that. And if that's Dean's wishes then so be it. I was more referring to the permanent of the baneing

KABOOKIE
9/13/2006, 10:07 PM
Man, this thread is awesome. A good read from beginning to end.....HOF

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39288

KABOOKIE
9/13/2006, 10:19 PM
heh

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=707026&postcount=20

OklahomaTuba
9/13/2006, 11:51 PM
Enrico PallazzA was always my favorite attack troll.

I am sure he will be making an appearance anyday now!

LosAngelesSooner
9/14/2006, 04:46 AM
Okay, Internet Rambo. No, it was not directed at you, but I do like how you got your panties in a bind over it.

Thanks for a good laugh.
Oh...how cute...you think I care.

Awww...

Harry Beanbag
9/14/2006, 06:18 AM

Awww...

You're so sad.

And the fact that you don't realize it is even sadder.

jk the sooner fan
9/14/2006, 06:50 AM

Awww...

right, its painfully obvious how much you "dont care" :rolleyes:

KABOOKIE
9/14/2006, 06:59 AM
Whatever Sam Spade. :rolleyes:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=734828&postcount=100

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=735009&postcount=129

Still waiting.........

LosAngelesSooner
9/14/2006, 02:06 PM
You're so sad.

And the fact that you don't realize it is even sadder.
Yeah...same thing with you that I decided with USMC.

You just don't offer ANYTHING to any discussion or to the boards besides flame baiting and antagonistic comments.

Therefore...

LosAngelesSooner
9/14/2006, 02:07 PM
right, its painfully obvious how much you "dont care" :rolleyes:
Yes...it is.

I'm glad you noticed.

So, JK. What have you been up to lately? Care to offer anything to the discussion, or are you just going to keep standing on the sideline and making snide comments?

colleyvillesooner
9/14/2006, 02:18 PM
http://www.worldrps.com/images/archive/your-victory.jpg

jk the sooner fan
9/14/2006, 03:11 PM
Yes...it is.

I'm glad you noticed.

So, JK. What have you been up to lately? Care to offer anything to the discussion, or are you just going to keep standing on the sideline and making snide comments?

gee, if only you yourself were contributing anything positive to the SO.....

LosAngelesSooner
9/14/2006, 03:17 PM
Some people think I am.

And nice dodge. Yet another snide comment.

I'm still waiting. Got anything?

LosAngelesSooner
9/14/2006, 03:18 PM
Seriously...A N Y T H I N G ?

KABOOKIE
9/14/2006, 03:27 PM
I need a quote please..........

Whatever Sam Spade.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...&postcount=100

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...&postcount=129

usmc-sooner
9/14/2006, 03:28 PM
call the wahbulance people are attacking and making snide comments at LAS again. So Sam Shade aka Enrico Palloza aka LAS thinks people are flame baiting.

usmc-sooner
9/14/2006, 03:32 PM

notice how he doesn't mind getting in these ****ing contests but never answers this question.

I think his only answer is people are insulting me, waaaah
personal attacks against me, waaaaaaaaaah
jk, made a snide remark, waaaaaaaaaaah

usmc-sooner
9/14/2006, 03:33 PM
I need a quote please..........

Whatever Sam Spade.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...&postcount=100

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...&postcount=129

there you go.

Harry Beanbag
9/14/2006, 03:58 PM
[lispy feminine voice]
Yeah...same thing with you that I decided with USMC.

You just don't offer ANYTHING to any discussion or to the boards besides flame baiting and antagonistic comments.

Therefore...[/lispy feminine voice]

Yep, it's still happening. Damnit.

KABOOKIE
9/14/2006, 04:08 PM
[lispy feminine voice][/lispy feminine voice]

Yep, it's still happening. Damnit.

YOU WANNA SAY THAT TO MY FACE?!?!?!?!? :D

LosAngelesSooner
9/14/2006, 05:21 PM
images/statusicon/post_new.gif 9/14/2006, 01:27 PM Remove user from ignore list (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=36407)
KABOOKIE (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36407) This message is hidden because KABOOKIE is on your ignore list (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?do=editlist).

View Post (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1542574) images/statusicon/post_new.gif 9/14/2006, 01:28 PM Remove user from ignore list (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=37834)
usmc-sooner (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=37834) This message is hidden because usmc-sooner is on your ignore list (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?do=editlist).

View Post (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1542583) images/statusicon/post_new.gif 9/14/2006, 01:32 PM Remove user from ignore list (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=37834)
usmc-sooner (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=37834) This message is hidden because usmc-sooner is on your ignore list (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?do=editlist).

View Post (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1542589) images/statusicon/post_new.gif 9/14/2006, 01:33 PM Remove user from ignore list (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=37834)

View Post (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1542634) images/statusicon/post_new.gif 9/14/2006, 01:58 PM Remove user from ignore list (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=36670)
Harry Beanbag (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36670) This message is hidden because Harry Beanbag is on your ignore list (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?do=editlist).

View Post (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1542653) images/statusicon/post_new.gif 9/14/2006, 02:08 PM Remove user from ignore list (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=36407)
KABOOKIE (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=36407) This message is hidden because KABOOKIE is on your ignore list (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?do=editlist).

That ignore feature is SO FREAKIN' SWEET.

All I see are a bunch of ignored posts from people who are just general flame baiters.

Man...the S.O. just got SO much better from my perspective!

:D

Harry Beanbag
9/14/2006, 05:27 PM
Pretty soon LAS will just be talking to himself.

LosAngelesSooner
9/14/2006, 05:32 PM
The coolest thing is this lets me just skip over the riff raff without having to sift through their incoherent, illogical and immature comments...and general flamebaitery, in order to just read the responses from intelligent posters who reply in order to further the discussion, make actually funny comments, or openly disagree with me like an adult.

Why didn't I do this AGES ago? :D

usmc-sooner
9/14/2006, 06:00 PM
Pretty soon LAS will just be talking to himself.

you think he'll say it to his face.

Sooner in Tampa
9/14/2006, 06:16 PM
That ignore feature is SO FREAKIN' SWEET.

All I see are a bunch of ignored posts from people who are just general flame baiters.

Man...the S.O. just got SO much better from my perspective!

:DWhat a straight up BEEYOTCH!!!!

I say again...it soooooooo go for his punk @$$ to be back.:rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
9/14/2006, 06:32 PM
Why didn't I do this AGES ago? :D

Cause you were banned?

KABOOKIE
9/14/2006, 09:29 PM
Cause you were banned?

I can think of a few more.

GrapevineSooner
9/14/2006, 09:34 PM
I think the honeymoon is officially over.

KABOOKIE
9/14/2006, 09:35 PM
I think the honeymoon is officially over.

Count on another divorce coming up soon.

LosAngelesSooner
9/15/2006, 04:14 AM
Cause you were banned from the S.O., but not the football board? Oh...and my smack is getting progressively weaker. Sorry 'bout that.
Fixed.

KABOOKIE
9/15/2006, 06:49 AM
Actually you were perma banned for a while.

PERMA BAN (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=735009&postcount=129)

usmc-sooner
9/15/2006, 07:21 AM
you guys notice how it's always the guys at this maturity level that want to be taken so seriously.

It does no good to put people on your ignore list, when you come back and read what they say under your troll handle.

usmc-sooner
9/15/2006, 07:22 AM

still waiting :pop:

Sooner in Tampa
9/15/2006, 07:30 AM