PDA

View Full Version : Stupidist News Poll of the day

jeremy885
9/11/2006, 07:18 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/11/911.poll/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The percentage of Americans who blame the Bush administration for the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington has risen from almost a third to almost half over the past four years, a CNN poll released Monday found.

Asked whether they blame the Bush administration for the attacks, 45 percent said either a "great deal" or a "moderate amount," up from 32 percent in a June 2002 CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll.

But the Clinton administration did not get off lightly either. The latest poll, conducted by Opinion Research Corporation for CNN, found that 41 percent of respondents blamed his administration a "great deal" or a "moderate amount" for the attacks.

That's only slightly less than the 45 percent who blamed his administration in a poll carried out less than a week after the attacks.

Still, most Americans appear to be fatalistic, with more than half -- 57 percent -- saying they think that terrorists will "always find a way to launch attacks no matter what the U.S. government does."

The poll was carried out August 30 through September 2 by Opinion Research Corp. with 1,004 American adults questioned by telephone. The sampling error for the questions was 3 percentage points.

So the guy's in power for 8 months and he gets more blame then Clinton?

You can fault Bush for a lot of things after 9/11, but this is just plain stupid.

Wasn't the plot already decided on before the election? Other than send the CIA after Osama in January, what else could he have done differently?

Hamhock
9/11/2006, 07:51 PM
You and your logic can hit the door, mister!!!

KABOOKIE
9/11/2006, 08:54 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/11/911.poll/index.html

So the guy's in power for 8 months and he gets more blame then Clinton?

You can fault Bush for a lot of things after 9/11, but this is just plain stupid.

Wasn't the plot already decided on before the election? Other than send the CIA after Osama in January, what else could he have done differently?

Speaks volumes of the retardation going on in America.

Ike
9/11/2006, 09:14 PM
Speaks volumes of the retardation going on in America.
the fact that its about the same as it was just weeks after the attacks means that the retardation level hasn't changed at all.

which means I fault the Bush Administration for not doing enough for education.

:P

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 10:44 PM
what percentage do you suggest he (his admin) should have?

OUinFLA
9/11/2006, 10:48 PM
can I just blame the buracracy involved in getting ANYTHING accomplished?

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 10:51 PM
can I just blame the buracracy involved in getting ANYTHING accomplished?

that would be a step in the right direction

VeeJay
9/11/2006, 11:01 PM
Then, who gets the goddam blame for the '93 WTC bombing?

Who gets the blame for the USS Cole?

Yes - that is a stupid poll.

olevetonahill
9/11/2006, 11:07 PM
Then, who gets the goddam blame for the '93 WTC bombing?

Who gets the blame for the USS Cole?

Yes - that is a stupid poll.
How about the ****ing rag heads that did it !:mad:

mdklatt
9/12/2006, 12:06 AM
Factor in the margin of error and the numbers for Bush and Clinton could be equal. Sounds about right to me. Clinton had some blown opportunies, and Bush put the whole thing on the back burner. Neither one accomplished jack **** before it was too late. I guess "the buck stops here" is too much to expect from the current generation of politicians and partisans, where assigning blame has replaced accepting responsibility. Leadership? What's that?

I don't care who screwed up. Fix the ****ing problem.

Sooner in Tampa
9/12/2006, 05:20 AM
How about the ****ing rag heads that did it !:mad:BINGO...We have a winner!!!!!

StoopTroup
9/12/2006, 06:52 AM
The Fox Poll blames CNN for 911. ;)