PDA

View Full Version : "PATH to 9-11"...Rush Limbaugh says editing was minimal!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/11/2006, 01:10 PM
So, you saw what was pretty much the original version. Tonight's show will pick on deficiencies perceived by the authors with the Bush administration.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 01:24 PM
Rush said so?

Why, then it MUST be true.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 01:24 PM
Its been pretty good so far. Can't believe the dems would go so far as to try and censor this movie. It doesn't say anything everybody didn't already know.

I didn't know Osama paid for the 1993 bombers legal defense though. Surprised I didn't see that before.

9/11/2006, 01:27 PM
Rush said so?

Why, then it MUST be true.Then you must ignorantly think he lies, no?

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 01:32 PM
Yes.

Ignorantly.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/11/2006, 01:33 PM
I don't think he lies as much as he glosses over the truth...much like a pundit is paid to do. I don't think Maher lies, he glosses the truth over. I am glad that the movie is blaming everyone, nothing says 9/11 like blaming someone not wearing a turban. I am still ****ed we haven't killed Mohammad Atta's Daddy, that asshat, as well as everyone within 2 generations of the terrorist should have been detained and executed.

KABOOKIE
9/11/2006, 01:35 PM
Whew. Did someone forget to flush?

Ike
9/11/2006, 01:37 PM
Its been pretty good so far. Can't believe the dems would go so far as to try and censor this movie. It doesn't say anything everybody didn't already know.

I didn't know Osama paid for the 1993 bombers legal defense though. Surprised I didn't see that before.

you do realize that your last two sentences completely contradict the one immediately preceeding them? :D

typical... ;)

9/11/2006, 01:41 PM
I don't think he lies as much as he glosses over the truth... nothing says 9/11 like blaming someone not wearing a turban.A Ya got any examples? B) I think so far this tv movie IS showing the Islamist terrorists as those who are to blame. Sure, Clinton didn't act responsibly, but it was the terrorists that terrorized, and the movie does drive home that point.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 01:46 PM
you do realize that your last two sentences completely contradict the one immediately preceeding them? :D

typical... ;)

Sorry.

I guess I meant what everyone knew, except me. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/11/2006, 01:47 PM
Well let's see. A man that endorses no leniancy on crimes. He gets busted with illegal drugs, but it wasn't that much. SO he wants leniancy for himself. Let's see Martha Stewart gets busted and he says she is just an example and every does it, so more leniancy. I don't think Limbaugh is lieing about this film. I am just saying that he doesn't ALWAYS practice what he preaches!

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 01:47 PM
I wonder if any of the **** for brains wacademics claiming that 9-11 was an inside job are watching this?

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 01:48 PM
Well let's see. A man that endorses no leniancy on crimes. He gets busted with illegal drugs, but it wasn't that much. SO he wants leniancy for himself. Let's see Martha Stewart gets busted and he says she is just an example and every does it, so more leniancy. I don't think Limbaugh is lieing about this film. I am just saying that he doesn't ALWAYS practice what he preaches!

Wasn't it like 10 pills that he got busted for?

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 01:57 PM
Which time?

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 01:57 PM
I wonder if any of the **** for brains idiot conspiracy theorists claiming that 9-11 was an inside job are watching this?
Fixed it for ya.

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 02:00 PM
i didn't watch the flick.

i think it is irresponsible for a program to title itself "Path to 9/11" and then to admit they fictionalized portions of the show. Thusly, i understand the concerns out of the clinton camp. There is no a product out there that misrepresents what really happened and that isn't fair to you, me, or history.

damn liberal media. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/11/2006, 02:02 PM

That isn't the point...the point being he wants no leniancy for these people but we are supposed to make an exception for him because...

"There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.
"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

Also there is something hypocrital about him constantly making alcoholic jokes about Ted Kennedy when he himself is addicted to Oxycotin.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 02:09 PM
That isn't the point...the point being he wants no leniancy for these people but we are supposed to make an exception for him because...

"There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.
"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

Also there is something hypocrital about him constantly making alcoholic jokes about Ted Kennedy when he himself is addicted to Oxycotin.

YMSSMRA

9/11/2006, 02:18 PM
Well let's see. A man that endorses no leniancy on crimes. He gets busted with illegal drugs, but it wasn't that much. SO he wants leniancy for himself. Let's see Martha Stewart gets busted and he says she is just an example and every does it, so more leniancy. I don't think Limbaugh is lieing about this film. I am just saying that he doesn't ALWAYS practice what he preaches!Your examples are inaccurate. I don't believe he was actually convicted of anything, and he didn't advocate Martha Stewart be treated with leniency. If you don't listen to his show, you can admit it. It's okay.

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 02:21 PM
come on billy "i don't believe he was actually convicted of anything" line....weak sauce

look the man is a hypocrit. he gets paid to say inciteful crap and he does a fine job of it.

he is on record being harsh on drug addicts...he is an admitted drug addict and wants to play by different rules. Don't run from his hypocricy embrace it like he does.

9/11/2006, 02:24 PM
come on billy "i don't believe he was actually convicted of anything" line....weak sauce

look the man is a hypocrit. he gets paid to say inciteful crap and he does a fine job of it.

he is on record being harsh on drug addicts...he is an admitted drug addict and wants to play by different rules. Don't run from his hypocricy embrace it like he does.You tell me/us what he was convicted of.

9/11/2006, 02:27 PM
Hatfield, you shoulda watched the movie. Clinton's irresponsible behavior was a sidline act, compared to the focus on the horrible nature of the threat we face from radical Islam, was the point.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 02:27 PM

Prosecutors seized Limbaugh's records after learning that he received about 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months, at a pharmacy near his Palm Beach mansion. They contended that Limbaugh engaged in "doctor shopping," or illegally deceived multiple doctors to receive overlapping prescriptions. Limbaugh acknowledged he became addicted to pain medication, blaming it on severe back pain.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-04-28-limbaugh_x.htm

So, for factual clarity, NO he was not found guilty. Yes, he did plead innocent. However he IS on probation, this IS a second offense and he IS paying back thousands of dollars for the crime that he "didn't commit."

:pop:

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 02:30 PM
You tell me/us what he was convicted of.

do you deny he is a hypocrit?

you tell me is he currently under an 18 month deferred prosecution?

sooneron
9/11/2006, 02:40 PM
I haven't watched this Path to 9/11. Which is a ****ty title considering PATH workers died on 9/11. Did Rush edit this thing himself? Was he the producer? Was he exec producer and in the editing room? Just curious.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/11/2006, 02:48 PM
In fact, I was listening when he said that Martha wasn't guilty of anything but being a good business women and he specifially said they was attacking her because she was successful

9/11/2006, 02:55 PM
Nothing like the mention of Rush Limbaugh to bring out the absolute hate for conservatives. Watch the "Path to 9-11" tonight to see how the writers criticize the Bush admin.

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 02:58 PM
that's just it. i don't hate him; i just think people give him more credit than he deserves.

i think he is good at his job.

i think he is also a hypocrit.

the 2 aren't exclusive.

9/11/2006, 03:34 PM
do you deny he is a hypocrit?

you tell me is he currently under an 18 month deferred prosecution?Not a hypocrite, and not convicted of a crime.

9/11/2006, 03:38 PM
I haven't watched this Path to 9/11. Which is a ****ty title considering PATH workers died on 9/11. Did Rush edit this thing himself? Was he the producer? Was he exec producer and in the editing room? Just curious.A) Is buffoon an allowed word on this board? B) see post
#27 for the answer to all your silly-as* questions.

C&CDean
9/11/2006, 03:52 PM
Give it a ****ing rest people. Geez.