PDA

View Full Version : For those traveling to Oregon

Petro-Sooner
9/11/2006, 12:18 PM
Are you going through a travel agent or did you make all the travel plans on your own. I'm going to make a serious effort to make it to Washington next year and was wondering what the best way to go is. TIA

TheUnnamedSooner
9/11/2006, 12:33 PM
I did a little of both. Travel agents can't get the good internet deals on airlines, so I did that on my own. The travel agent hooked us up with a hotel in Astoria and Florence (gonna go on a little tour). TA's are great for planning different activities in places you have never been before.

colleyvillesooner
9/11/2006, 12:35 PM
Are you going through a travel agent or did you make all the travel plans on your own. I'm going to make a serious effort to make it to Washington next year and was wondering what the best way to go is. TIA

Washington is in 2008. Least you have a while to figure it out!

I'm gonna be there as well. Lived in Seattle for a few years and can't wait to be back, especially to see the Sooners.

sooner518
9/11/2006, 12:37 PM
I had my company's travel department book me a flight. There are really no cheap flights from Denver to Eugene, or Portland for that matter.

I used hotwire.com to find a hotel in Salem. But I didnt start looking for a hotel until about 2 weeks ago, so I consider myself lucky to have a nice play to stay (and pretty cheap too) within an hour of Eugene.

I would think with expedia and hotwire, you can find some cheap flights and hotel stays. Using a TA seems like overkill for a small weekend trip to a football game

OU Adonis
9/11/2006, 12:38 PM
I really didn't care for Seattle when I lived there. Its a gorgeous place to live though.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/11/2006, 12:56 PM
I did everything myself...airfare, game tickets, hotel and rental car. Not terribly high priced, but it wasn't a big hassel. About two hours worth of work. We are staying in Portland though, so we have a little drive in the morning.

Sooner24
9/11/2006, 05:24 PM
No travel agent here.