PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Run Into A Bad UDub Fan?

FaninAma
9/11/2006, 10:59 AM
I ran into one. He made a point of standing above the tunnel where the players leave the field and yelled "Stoops sucks!" as Stoops left the field.

I asked him what the hell his problem was and he muttered something about Stoops running up the score because he went for it on 4th and 1 inside the 5 yard line late in the game. I asked him if the Huskies would have quit playing and knelt on the ball if the Sooners had. He looked at me with a stupid look and said "Well, no!" I then asked him why he expected the Sooners to quit playing and explained to him that if he didn't want the opposing team to run the score up on his beloved Huskies then they shouldn't suck so much.

Anyway, the guy just really ****ed me off. Just sayin'.

Flagstaffsooner
9/11/2006, 11:13 AM
You should have punched him in the nuts.

FaninAma
9/11/2006, 11:17 AM
You should have punched him in the nuts.

I'm not that accurate with my punches.

boomersoonerdude
9/11/2006, 11:18 AM
kick his a _ _

OUmillenium
9/11/2006, 11:22 AM
I'm not that accurate with my punches.

That's rich!

You may want to locate Patches O'Houlihan for some tips on nut punching accuracy. I think he faked his death.

RacerX
9/11/2006, 11:27 AM
Why risk a field goal block and possible return?

The guy was just stupid.

Rhino
9/11/2006, 11:29 AM
Most of 'em seemed pretty cool.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/11/2006, 11:30 AM
It's nice to be accused of running up the score again.

soonerhubs
9/11/2006, 11:49 AM
That's truly an ignorant fan. I'd have kindly asked him to do the world a favor and use birth control. Other than that, I'd have walked on.

FaninAma
9/11/2006, 11:52 AM
Most of 'em seemed pretty cool.

Yeah, they did. Of course if there's one jerk out of 5000 I usually run across him/her. My season tickets used to be in the South End zone and every week someone different would be sitting behind me from the opposing team(except when we played the patsies) and as often as not they would be foul-mouthed frat-boy types. The ISU and Colorado fans were the worst. The Nebraska fans came in a very close third.

mikeelikee
9/11/2006, 11:53 AM
What coach was it that said, in response to someone griping about him running up the score, "You don't want to get blown out--then get better!"?

FaninAma
9/11/2006, 11:56 AM
What coach was it that said, in response to someone griping about him running up the score, "You don't want to get blown out--then get better!"?

Wasn't it Billy Tubbs?

85sooners
9/11/2006, 12:09 PM
:D
That's rich!

You may want to locate Patches O'Houlihan for some tips on nut punching accuracy. I think he faked his death.:D

BoonesFarmSooner
9/11/2006, 12:13 PM
Note to U-Dub:

GET BETTER !!!

AlabamaSooner
9/11/2006, 12:39 PM
About how many Washington fans came to the game do you think?

RacerX
9/11/2006, 12:45 PM
1,000?

sooneron
9/11/2006, 12:45 PM
Most seemed like good people. I think they were blown away by how well received they were.

snp
9/11/2006, 12:48 PM
I thought they were some of the best incoming fans I've ever met. They were everywhere and very nice.

schlanker
9/11/2006, 12:49 PM
I met a bunch of really classy fun U Dub fans that just wanted to party. They did offer to pay my cover at Sugars. Which is a nice thing if you dont know how terrible sugars is. On second thought. They should be hung for trying to get me into that establishment. What a bunch of jerks.

fadada1
9/11/2006, 12:57 PM
I met a bunch of really classy fun U Dub fans that just wanted to party. They did offer to pay my cover at Sugars. Which is a nice thing if you dont know how terrible sugars is. On second thought. They should be hung for trying to get me into that establishment. What a bunch of jerks.
a cover at sugars???? they should be paying people to come in.

that's just wrong.

sooneron
9/11/2006, 12:59 PM
One did try to put forth the opinion that UW is hated by the ncaa and we are their darlings. :rolleyes:
In his defense, he was really drunk.

n8v_ndn
9/11/2006, 02:31 PM
One Husky told me he had expected OU to win 60-something to 17, so 'your team has some issues'.

I just gave him my best Tyrone Willingham stare...

Jason White's Third Knee
9/11/2006, 02:47 PM
K, last week we won against a mediocre team and dropped in the polls.

This week we won against a mediocre team and I do not want to drop in the polls again.

Run up the ****ing score.

ultimatesooner1
9/11/2006, 03:58 PM
I was suprised so many of them came to watch such a bad team. They definately have some loyal fans

tulsaoilerfan
9/11/2006, 05:05 PM
Geez i hope Stupica doesn't get wind of this:D

KingDavid
9/11/2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah, they did. Of course if there's one jerk out of 5000 I usually run across him/her. My season tickets used to be in the South End zone and every week someone different would be sitting behind me from the opposing team(except when we played the patsies) and as often as not they would be foul-mouthed frat-boy types. The ISU and Colorado fans were the worst. The Nebraska fans came in a very close third.

Interesting - I always felt the Nebraska fans were the classiest of all our rivals.

Sooner98
9/11/2006, 08:18 PM
Did anyone notice the two U-Dub guys way up in Section 21 a few rows from the top, who were pretty loud and obnoxious, and probably drunk, talking all kinds of smack (especially in the first half). They seemed to quiet down as the game progressed, for some reason. Most others were really cool, though.

picasso
9/11/2006, 08:32 PM
awww yeah! sounds like the old days in 2004!

4everasooner
9/11/2006, 08:46 PM
You need to see Cartmen from South Park; he'll tell you how to punch somebody in the nuts. Ro-sham-bo. I think?

Frozen Sooner
9/11/2006, 08:50 PM
See, going for it on fourth and one was actually a better way of doing things no matter what.

If OU converts, then first down and the game could be salted with a couple of kneels.

If OU doesn't convert, the clock is still ticking because of the new clock rules and UW is pinned on their 4 yard line.

A kick, as mentioned above, can be blocked and run back.

I didn't necessarily agree with not kneeling on it once the down was converted, but AD ran so hard on that conversion you kind of had to give him the TD.

OUstud
9/11/2006, 08:51 PM
I was suprised so many of them came to watch such a bad team. They definately have some loyal fans

Did we travel well in the dark days?

Frozen Sooner
9/11/2006, 08:56 PM
One did try to put forth the opinion that UW is hated by the ncaa and we are their darlings. :rolleyes:
In his defense, he was really drunk.

Heh. That's great. Especially because UW is loved by the NCAA. It's the PAC-10 that hates them. The NCAA didn't put them on probation for anything that happened under Don James-it was the Pac-10 that did it.