PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops Email address?

OU Adonis
9/11/2006, 10:08 AM
I need to shoot him an email about my monster nephew who will be wanting to play for OU in a few years.

Hamhock
9/11/2006, 10:40 AM
I was on the elevator with him in the spring. he was checking messages on his cell phone. I asked him for the number. he said "No" :mad:

boomrsoonr
9/11/2006, 10:41 AM
[email protected] ;)

Mjcpr
9/11/2006, 10:42 AM
How many emails like that do you think he gets ever day?

JonnyRed
9/11/2006, 10:47 AM
OU's e-mail addresses are like this [email protected]. So it could be [email protected] or [email protected]. If these were already taken then it would be something like [email protected] - I doubt he checks his e-mail, I am sure he has staff that does this for him. You might be better off calling it at home it is 867-5309 ;)

OU Adonis
9/11/2006, 11:14 AM
How many emails like that do you think he gets ever day?

My nephew is 6'8", 250, and has a size 17 shoe.

And oh yeah, he is in the 8th grade.

Mjcpr
9/11/2006, 11:20 AM

Maybe you should be looking for Jeff Capel's email address then.

Jimminy Crimson
9/11/2006, 12:43 PM

your best bet would be to send a highlight tape to the football offices. that way his name will be in their files and whatnot.

sooneron
9/11/2006, 12:54 PM

Yeah, but can he tackle or run block???

OKLA21FAN
9/11/2006, 12:58 PM
I need to shoot him an email about my monster nephew who will be wanting to play for OU in a few years.
just send it anonymously to DAVID BOREN, I understand he read ALL his email!

GDC
9/11/2006, 01:05 PM
Just wait out there by the Switzer Center where he parks, and talk to him in person.

KingDavid
9/11/2006, 01:09 PM

He goes to the McFarlin United Methodist Church late (contemporary) service. I'm sure you could slip him a note during communion.;)

Just kidding with you . . . sounds like your nephew is going to be a great player but he appears to be having trouble getting out of the eighth grade.

Again, kidding.;)

yermom
9/11/2006, 01:22 PM
your best bet would be to send a highlight tape to the football offices. that way his name will be in their files and whatnot.

yeah, it used to be Merv that handled that kinda stuff

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 01:32 PM

But be sure to put "Naughty Thai Boys" in the subject line so he'll read it.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/11/2006, 01:37 PM

He needs to eat a little, a little then for the trenches...although maybe the first 6'8" safety though!!

Rhino
9/11/2006, 01:45 PM
yeah, it used to be Merv that handled that kinda stuff Yep. [email protected]

RacerX
9/11/2006, 01:54 PM
OU football camp, nuff said.

OU Adonis
9/11/2006, 02:03 PM
He is going to go next year. Right now he is playing 8th grade football, and is in a AAU basketball team out of edmond. He lives in Duncan so he needs all the help he can get getting noticed. I will shoot an email to Merv.

Crimson_Balls
9/11/2006, 02:04 PM
[email protected]

You know he has the highspeed DSL to download "the dirty" in the off season.

soonernation
9/11/2006, 04:19 PM

Whats he doing Saturday?

william_brasky
9/11/2006, 04:42 PM
OU's e-mail addresses are like this [email protected]. So it could be [email protected] or [email protected]. If these were already taken then it would be something like [email protected] - I doubt he checks his e-mail, I am sure he has staff that does this for him. You might be better off calling it at home it is 867-5309 ;)

He doesn't live with Jenny.

The Maestro
9/11/2006, 04:45 PM
[email protected]

OU Adonis
7/1/2007, 12:31 PM
Just an update. My nephew (who is still 6'8" but now is 295) went to a football camp a few weeks ago and met bob stoops. The offensive line coach was amazed with him and followed him around all day. They are showing a lot of interest in him already and he hasn't even got in high school yet. (He starts this year)

usmc-sooner
7/1/2007, 12:36 PM
for the love of Gawd please tell me you people don't e-mail Bob Stoops or have his e-mail address. If the kid is good and big he'll get discovered. Why not just let him go to an OU camp. Then the coaches will decide what kind of player he is.

OU Adonis
7/1/2007, 01:22 PM
for the love of Gawd please tell me you people don't e-mail Bob Stoops or have his e-mail address. If the kid is good and big he'll get discovered. Why not just let him go to an OU camp. Then the coaches will decide what kind of player he is.

1) I didn't end up emailing him
2) It was OU's football camp

usmc-sooner
7/1/2007, 02:21 PM
1) I didn't end up emailing him
2) It was OU's football camp

good job, the camp is the way to go. I'd imagine with his size he's going to get noticed even if he's from Gotebo

if they can find Plumley from Frontier they'll find your nephew. Sounds like they've already got him on their radar.

Jello Biafra
7/1/2007, 03:10 PM
OU football camp, nuff said.

agreed. coach attends ALL the camps in the summer and probably pays particular attention to the last camp of the summer where the sophmores - senoirs partake..... have him enroll in the summer camps and tell him to work his arse off......he'll get a notice....from experience.

Jello Biafra
7/1/2007, 03:12 PM
agreed. coach attends ALL the camps in the summer and probably pays particular attention to the last camp of the summer where the sophmores - senoirs partake..... have him enroll in the summer camps and tell him to work his arse off......he'll get a notice....from experience.

bleh :mad: then i read the rest of the thread.......disregard. you have it well in hand.....

goingoneight
7/1/2007, 05:27 PM
1. OU camp
2. Prove it on the field
3. Wait and send HS tapes in like everyone else does
4. Walk-on if not offered anywhere

And Stoops doesn't exactly look at thousands of videos of Johnny Quarterback, his recruiters research and show him a lot of stuff that catches their eyes. I'm sure he does a little of the high-profile recruiting (like AD, JW, DM7 or Barry with Billy) but even the King admitted that coordinators and position coaches do the track-work and notify the main man when something special is found.

oumartin
7/1/2007, 06:22 PM
Bob is coming to one of our "parties" in two weeks so if you need to get a message to him let me know.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/1/2007, 07:01 PM
send requests to [email protected] ll answer..err..he ll answer right away

Bosley
7/2/2007, 01:26 AM

No they're not....you get to choose your own email if you go to IT. If you dont change it the Ou emails look like: [email protected]

aurorasooner
7/2/2007, 04:25 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1722/screenshot011vf4.jpg

stunandun
7/5/2007, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I need his address too. I gotta new trick play I wanna run by him. I used it coaching flag football and it works every time.

SoonerStormchaser
7/7/2007, 11:25 AM

Yah...which is probably why he has me on his blocked sender list.

OU Adonis
6/22/2009, 03:41 PM
Yet another update. My nephew is now on Rivals. He isn't ranked yet. He starts class as a junior this year.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=99615&sport=1#bio

CK Sooner
6/22/2009, 03:50 PM
Yet another update. My nephew is now on Rivals. He isn't ranked yet. He starts class as a junior this year.

He won't be ranked probably until his senior year.

Sooner FLiP
6/22/2009, 04:18 PM
congrats on him making the Hot 11 for the camp!

Octavian
6/22/2009, 04:27 PM
please! do NOT trouble Caesar

with anything

he has enough to do as it is w/out getting emails from us in the unwashed masses

yermom
6/22/2009, 04:45 PM
he's kinda gone out of his way to not have it out there...

and Boren last i heard didn't even have a computer at OU to read emails :D

that's been a few years though, i wouldn't be surprised if he had a Blackberry or iPhone now

OU Adonis
6/22/2009, 05:30 PM
congrats on him making the Hot 11 for the camp!

Too bad I don't have a rivals subscription. I am curious to see what they had to say about him.

madillsoonerfan5353
6/22/2009, 05:32 PM
1. OU camp
2. Prove it on the field
3. Wait and send HS tapes in like everyone else does
4. Walk-on if not offered anywhere

And Stoops doesn't exactly look at thousands of videos of Johnny Quarterback, his recruiters research and show him a lot of stuff that catches their eyes. I'm sure he does a little of the high-profile recruiting (like AD, JW, DM7 or Barry with Billy) but even the King admitted that coordinators and position coaches do the track-work and notify the main man when something special is found.

I seen Stoops myself on the sideline of an Ardmore Tiger's game watching Gresham! Thaat was F-ing cool!!!!

RedstickSooner
6/22/2009, 05:39 PM

If these were already taken, then their owners would go, "Uh, yessir, coach Stoops, I'll be happy to give up my e-mail address. Uh, nossir. No problem at all, sir. Uh, thank-you too, coach."

JLEW1818
6/22/2009, 05:45 PM
me and Bob talk twice a day. meet for breakfast every morning

and down a few Budweiser's together every night .

Carol gets pissed that I come over so much ..

BigRedJed
6/22/2009, 06:12 PM

I wonder if the fact that he's shrunk two inches in the past three years will be of any concern to the coaches. Does he have some sort of weird medical condition?

CK Sooner
6/22/2009, 06:18 PM
I wonder if the fact that he's shrunk two inches in the past three years will be of any concern to the coaches. Does he have some sort of weird medical condition?

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't going to say anything.

OU Adonis
6/22/2009, 07:34 PM
LOL. Well he is a legit 6'7" without shoes. I blame his high school coach, who filled out the form for rivals.

Sooner FLiP
6/22/2009, 08:38 PM
Too bad I don't have a rivals subscription. I am curious to see what they had to say about him.

Offensive Tackle
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 292lbs

Article is from June 17.

Number 10 our of 11

10. Dylan Dismuke

Few players looked any better walking into the campus than the little-talked about offensive lineman from Duncan, Okla. Dismuke did well for a day and a half of the three-day camp before he suffered a slight ankle sprain that rendered him unable for the final few practices. That being said in the short amount of time Dismuke showed himself to be a Big 12 caliber offensive lineman of the future.

OU Adonis
6/22/2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks Flip.

rainiersooner
6/23/2009, 12:55 AM
Totally cool OU Adonis. I actually am Bob Stoops - I like to lay low on this site, but the anonymity is stifling me. Your nephew rocks. Also, where's Nick Zepelin? I really enjoyed reading his constructive criticism of my play calling.

starclassic tama
6/23/2009, 01:17 AM
LOL. Well he is a legit 6'7" without shoes. I blame his high school coach, who filled out the form for rivals.

6'3 5/8ths. oh and did he run a 40? better make sure the coaches weren't using their stopwatches, those times aren't akurit

meoveryouxinfinity
6/23/2009, 07:28 AM
No they're not....you get to choose your own email if you go to IT. If you dont change it the Ou emails look like: [email protected]
FYI
this is wrong. again.
IF his is like EVERY other OU STUDENT/professor, it would be like
[email protected]

RedstickSooner
6/23/2009, 08:39 AM
FYI
this is wrong. again.
IF his is like EVERY other OU STUDENT/professor, it would be like
[email protected]

It's got to be confusing, everyone having the same e-mail address like that. Do the e-mails get distributed to everybody, sort of like a party line?

soonerfan28
6/23/2009, 09:16 AM
I guess I should look at the date of the original post next time.

picasso
6/23/2009, 09:22 AM
[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

OU Adonis
6/23/2009, 09:25 AM
I was just trying to update an original thread where I was bragging about my nephew, not trying to trick people about an old post. sighs

CrimsonJim
6/23/2009, 09:57 AM
They're just joshin' with ya, OU Adonis. Thank you for keeping us updated on your nephew. I hope to see him in crimson & cream! :)

soonerfan28
6/23/2009, 10:21 AM
I was just trying to update an original thread where I was bragging about my nephew, not trying to trick people about an old post. sighs

I had originally typed that I knew a guy that was 6'8 in the 8th grade and he ended up at 7'2 and that your nephew might be better suited for basketball. I just didn't look at the dates of any of the posts on this thread, so that was my fault. Obviously your nephew is doing fine as a football player.

badger
6/23/2009, 10:54 AM
If you really, REALLY want to e-mail someone associated with athletics, here's your best bet:

[email protected]

I think several people on here can attest to the fact that Joe (or someone acting on Joe's behalf) reads and answers all e-mails.

If you wanted to go straight to the top, President Boren also reads and answers his (or has someone do it for him) at [email protected]

If you really want to abuse search.ou.edu and just start e-mailing everyone that you possibly can, there's also a listing for "Samuel Jacob Bradford," "Blake Austin Griffin," "Sherri K Coale," oh... and get this:

Felton J. Capel III

Huh?!??! His real name is FELTON?!?!

CK Sooner
6/23/2009, 11:40 AM
If you really, REALLY want to e-mail someone associated with athletics, here's your best bet:

[email protected]

I think several people on here can attest to the fact that Joe (or someone acting on Joe's behalf) reads and answers all e-mails.

If you wanted to go straight to the top, President Boren also reads and answers his (or has someone do it for him) at [email protected]

If you really want to abuse search.ou.edu and just start e-mailing everyone that you possibly can, there's also a listing for "Samuel Jacob Bradford," "Blake Austin Griffin," "Sherri K Coale," oh... and get this:

Felton J. Capel III

Huh?!??! His real name is FELTON?!?!

Felton is a cool name.

:D

badger
6/23/2009, 11:56 AM
Felton is a cool name.

:D

With a name like Felton, he HAS to be good... it's just that with his dad being Jeff and grandaddy being Jeff, I just assumed that his name was Jeff (the third) and all... Felton, heh. :D

OU Adonis
6/9/2010, 03:47 PM
Just an update. My nephew just gave a verbal to OU. Its his senior year. We will see if this holds up. Totally cool though.

ouduckhunter
6/9/2010, 03:50 PM
Wow!! This is very cool!!

Frozen Sooner
6/9/2010, 03:51 PM
Is he the kid that might go in the MLB draft?

NEver mind, read back and saw it wasn't. Congratulations.

KantoSooner
6/9/2010, 03:55 PM
And what're his stats now. He seemed to be a healthy young man a coupla years ago...I'm guessing he's now 7'6", 378 with a size 22 shoe?

OU Adonis
6/9/2010, 04:12 PM
They keep claiming he is 6'8.... hes a svelt 295 right now. I just talked to my sister she said he was offered by several schools. But that could be the momma in her coming out.

He played AAU basketball but never played baseball.

OU Adonis
6/9/2010, 04:14 PM
Newsok.com has it now.

http://blog.newsok.com/highschoolsports/2010/06/08/duncan-dylan-dismuke-commits-to-ou/

47straight
6/9/2010, 04:34 PM
Congrats!

IBleedCrimson
6/9/2010, 04:35 PM
awesome! momma must be proud! looks like a great recruit and a great kid!

soonerboy_odanorth
6/9/2010, 05:38 PM
good job, the camp is the way to go. I'd imagine with his size he's going to get noticed even if he's from Gotebo

if they can find Plumley from Frontier they'll find your nephew.

What?

No love for Slapout?

Cheerin' 4 OU
6/9/2010, 08:06 PM
Very cool, Adonis! You must be really proud!

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/9/2010, 10:49 PM
Actually Jeff's dads name is Felton as well only the II ;)