PDA

View Full Version : Ducks favored by 4

Dan Thompson
9/11/2006, 09:53 AM
I think this is going to be a very close game and the Ducks just might win this one on a trick play.

I saw a replay of the Holiday Bowl and the trick plays and then the Ducks beat FSU on the fake field goal to win by 7.

cschellman
9/11/2006, 09:59 AM
For those that don't know, the "FSU" Oregon beat Saturday was not Florida State. It was Fresno State, and UO beat them by the skin of their teeth.

Landthief 1972
9/11/2006, 10:04 AM
I like being the underdog to Oregon. It will be like salt rubbed in their wounds... again. >:D

westcoast_sooner
9/11/2006, 10:05 AM
Not worried about the point spread. Could be close. If our D comes to play, we should be OK.

Oregon has to resort to trickery to win with that fake FG pitch to the kicker from a backup QB. We have AD, a bunch of playmaking WRs, ENA, and a D that looked pretty good in the 2nd half of the game Saturday.

crawfish
9/11/2006, 10:06 AM
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/428/stoopsduckhuntjr7.jpg

sooneron
9/11/2006, 10:07 AM
For those that don't know, the "FSU" Oregon beat Saturday was not Florida State. It was Fresno State, and UO beat them by the skin of their teeth.
Yeah, but they're a classic trap game for west coast teams early in the season.

jwlynn64
9/11/2006, 10:17 AM
I think this is going to be a very close game and the Ducks just might win this one on a trick play.

I saw a replay of the Holiday Bowl and the trick plays and then the Ducks beat FSU on the fake field goal to win by 7.

They actually won the game when Fresno State tried to recover the FG that they blocked and UO got a break and a first down inside the five. Reminded me of the Big Cat giving Miami the win on Thankgiving by doing the same thing.

How can anyone make the same mistake ever again after that game?

I didn't see anything that scares me about the Ducks. If we play up to our potential and minimize mistakes, we should win this one.

pgagolfpro77
9/11/2006, 10:18 AM

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

:D

BIG_IKE
9/12/2006, 01:29 PM
:D Meaningful Numbers in all that is DUCK FOOTBALL

243--------Consecutive Games without being shutout

89- -------Number of years since Oregon won the Rose Bowl

29-------- # of cons.years (1920-1949) NO BOWL BERTHS

26-------- # of cons.years (1963-1989) NO BOWL BERTHS

20-------- # of All - Americans...EVER!

19--------- Number of Bowl Appearances in over 100 years of Football

16-----------Number of Players in the NFL

3-----------Number of Pac-10 teams they have a winning record against

1---------Number of Big 12 Teams they have a winning record against

1---------All-americans in the last 10 years

0---------National Titles

0--------National Award Winners

Other Stellar accomplishments....

7-12 Bowl Record
0-7 Record vs. OU

Has PLAYED...but NEVER EVER EVER Beaten.....

Oklahoma
Purdue
Wake Forest (this was recently too..in a Bowl Game!)
Purdue
Ohio State (7 times)
Notre Dame
Florida
MISSOURI
Georgia
Miami
East Popcorn State

:pop: Oregon's storied tradition will definently add to the daunting task of winning in Autzen.... :cool:

stoops the eternal pimp
9/12/2006, 01:32 PM
i believe they were favored by 3 in the holiday bowl

Miko
9/12/2006, 01:36 PM
Didn't the ducks give E. Popcorn State all they could handle, only to see EPS win it on a long FG in the final seconds?

That may have been against Appalacia School for the Blind back in the sixties.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/12/2006, 01:37 PM
I know they struggled with Kiamichi Vo-Tech...KVT's 2nd year qb majoring in small appliance repair disected them for 320 yards and 2 tds..

Octavian
9/12/2006, 01:43 PM

7-12 Bowl Record
0-7 Record vs. OU

Oklahoma
Purdue
Purdue
Ohio State (7 times)
Notre Dame
Florida
MISSOURI
Georgia
Miami
East Popcorn State

:pop: Oregon's storied tradition will definently add to the daunting task of winning in Autzen.... :cool:

nice research...

But all of that means exactly squat unless the defense puts together 4 quarters of sound football against a quarterback that's fast and is completing 67% of his passes.

AD will get his...their coaches know that.

The key will be if the OL can handle the environment (both of our turnovers against UW can be attributed to protection busts) and give Paul time to throw against a secondary that's not exactly all-world...even before the loss of one their starting corners to injury.

We do that and we'll be 4-0 walkin down The Ramp on October 7th.

handcrafted
9/12/2006, 01:47 PM
DUCK SEASON! FIRE!

Quack 10
9/12/2006, 01:49 PM
0-7 Record vs. OU

I don't think so. Wanna double-check your stats?

Octavian
9/12/2006, 01:53 PM
OU is 6-0 all-time vs. Oregon...again, that means nothing on Saturday.

Texas Golfer
9/12/2006, 01:57 PM
I've got the Ducks as going 0-6 against us. Nonetheless, those aren't impressive stats if you are a Duck fan.

soonervegas
9/12/2006, 02:00 PM

I like, but in reality shouldn't there by three ducks in the red below....because after Saturday we will have beaten them three straight years.

Quack 10
9/12/2006, 02:04 PM
When did any Oregon fan ever visit this board claiming that the Ducks have the tradition and history of Oklahoma? How many of the other 117 D-1A schools come anywhere close to Oklahoma's history? Five? Ten?

Has OU never lost to Baylor? San Diego State? UCLA? Tech? Do their histories match OU's?

This seems like a lot of chest-thumping for a team ranked #11 in the nation. Perhaps you're not really as confident as you portray?

BIG_IKE
9/12/2006, 02:06 PM
Actually....OU has NOT lost to Baylor..NEXT!!!

BIG_IKE
9/12/2006, 02:08 PM
I know the game is played on the field, and I am prepared to eat Duck if you guys win...I just had know idea Oregon's football history is so.....Jayhawkish

And sorry about the 7 wins I was looking ahead.

Octavian
9/12/2006, 02:10 PM
When did any Oregon fan ever visit this board claiming that the Ducks have the tradition and history of Oklahoma?

none that I've ever seen.

How many of the other 117 D-1A schools come anywhere close to Oklahoma's history? Five? Ten?

three.

This seems like a lot of chest-thumping for a team ranked #11 in the nation. Perhaps you're not really as confident as you portray?

perhaps...we know have a lot of talent and a very capable coaching staff...we just haven't put it all together yet for 4 quarters.

It's a mix of anxiety and confidence.

BIG_IKE
9/12/2006, 02:10 PM
And for the record we are 15-0 against the Baylor Bears...whats yours against the Cal bears?

BIG_IKE
9/12/2006, 02:11 PM
DUCK...

Conceited, Confident, or Cocky..You choose

daddywarbucks
9/12/2006, 02:16 PM

We are thumping our chests in preparation to thumping your arse...

Ok now the "Im big and bad fear me" is out of the way, I expect a good game actually, I do expect OU to win by 10 but it should be a good game thru the first half...AD doesnt show up till then.

Quack 10
9/12/2006, 02:19 PM
And for the record we are 15-0 against the Baylor Bears...whats yours against the Cal bears?

Really, I didn't know that. My apologies.

Oregon is 29-34-1 versus Cal. In fact, Oregon has a winning record against only three Pac-10 schools (OSU, UA and WSU) and those are very close. The Ducks would have to beat Washington 20 straight times just to even the series.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/12/2006, 02:24 PM
Unfortunately, we're not playing our tradition vs. theirs. We're playing 2006 OU vs. 2006 UO - at their place. It'll be all we can do to come out with a win.

And yes, I do remember losing to Kansas. I remember them pulling down the goalposts in 91 or 92. And then there was the true-frosh Troy Aikman game (shudder).

proudsoonergal
9/12/2006, 02:28 PM
duck.....duck.......duck........GOOSED!!!

TrophyCollector
9/12/2006, 02:33 PM
OU is 6-0 all-time vs. Oregon

With a combined score of 201-31.

TexasLidig8r
9/12/2006, 02:57 PM
The Ducks would have to beat Washington 20 straight times just to even the series.

psssttt... Duck... Words of Advice... Sooners don't like talking about series' records. :D

Now, stand up to these people Duck! Make your school proud! Fling the smack.... Quack em up.. Quack em up.. rah rah rah... Get 'em Duck.

http://www.kirkpatrickwildlife.com/images/Duck%20butts.jpg

GottaHavePride
9/12/2006, 03:06 PM
Yeah, but they're a classic trap game for west coast teams early in the season.

that's OK, we're a "classic trap game" for nearly every team in the country at any time of the season.

stoopified
9/12/2006, 03:16 PM
Here Duckie,duckie.Here Duckie,duckie duckie.Calling ALL DUCKS,I'll take the 4 points.Now all you gotta do is decide is, how much do you want to lose?

Quack 10
9/12/2006, 03:46 PM
Here Duckie,duckie.Here Duckie,duckie duckie.Calling ALL DUCKS,I'll take the 4 points.Now all you gotta do is decide is, how much do you want to lose?

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/9581/phone2xx.jpg
Points? You want the points? I thought you were BOOMER SOONER?

stoopified
9/12/2006, 05:07 PM
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/9581/phone2xx.jpg
Points? You want the points? I thought you were BOOMER SOONER?
Well apparently you all are all That and a cup of Duck soup.We will win outright but anyone who is an underdog to the Sooners always wants points,I just figured,fair is fair.

Bubba Duck
9/12/2006, 05:15 PM
Nothing to be scared of for sure if your a sooner fan. But how about the number of NFL QB's on active rosters that are from the state Oregon and the number of QB's on active rosters from the ENTIRE BIG12.
Oregon- 4, Big12 - 3.

7-12 Bowl Record
0-7 Record vs. OU

Oklahoma
Purdue
Purdue
Ohio State (7 times)
Notre Dame
Florida
MISSOURI
Georgia
Miami
East Popcorn State

Octavian
9/12/2006, 05:18 PM
Nothing to be scared of for sure if your a sooner fan. But how about the number of NFL QB's on active rosters that are from the state Oregon and the number of QB's on active rosters from the ENTIRE BIG12.
Oregon- 4, Big12 - 3.

As much as our dominant history means nothing on Saturday, any and all happenings in the NFL mean even less.

TrophyCollector
9/12/2006, 05:19 PM
Oregon- 4, Big12 - 3.

Wow, that is impressive! That evens the score for us having 7 National Titles to your 0 and beating your "Should be in the BCS :rolleyes: " #6 team on the heels of our 7-4 season with the Freshman QB from Sam Houston State.

handcrafted
9/12/2006, 05:40 PM
psssttt... Duck... Words of Advice... Sooners don't like talking about series' records. :D

Now, stand up to these people Duck! Make your school proud! Fling the smack.... Quack em up.. Quack em up.. rah rah rah... Get 'em Duck.

Dagnabbit, Lid, you almost made me give you green spek. I was this close to doing it! Cut it out. Dirty Pool.

Indy Sooner
9/12/2006, 05:46 PM
Sagarin is forecasting a 12 point win by Oakley University.

Bubba Duck
9/12/2006, 08:59 PM
Yes it was a stupid stat that I put up. You guy's have tons of tradition and I was not at all trying to challenge that. Just jabbing a little at the first thread.

Wow, that is impressive! That evens the score for us having 7 National Titles to your 0 and beating your "Should be in the BCS :rolleyes: " #6 team on the heels of our 7-4 season with the Freshman QB from Sam Houston State.

douxpaysan
9/12/2006, 09:22 PM
Good-bye duckhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/aliasrdb/byeduck.jpg

Earickson
9/12/2006, 10:45 PM
I am a weak OU supporter because I can't bring myself to trash talk before a game. Walk softly and carry a big stick I say, and save your gloating til after the final whistle. I know a lot of the smack flying around is tongue in cheek, but it's all pointless dick waving if you ask me.

I enjoy well played football games, and I hope my favorite team (OU) wins.

Tradition=nothing
Stats=nothing
Conference=nothing
Last week=nothing
Uniforms=nothing
Stadium=nothing

It's all about whose TEAM shows up on Saturday(or Thur,Fri,Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed), with their helmets, jocks, and mouthguards ready to play four quarters.

Who wants it more?

Unfortunately, my football career ended years ago at Southeastern OK St. in the gem of SE Okla. that is Durant. So now I just have to watch, and hope that the guys in red do something that makes me happy. I understand that there are people from other places in this country that feel the same way I do just about a different team, and I respect that.

KingDavid
9/13/2006, 02:06 AM
Good-bye duckhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51/aliasrdb/byeduck.jpg

If you deal gently with him and feed him, he will grow into a fat bird that will serve your whole family with a fine meal.

Miko
9/13/2006, 07:33 AM
Tradition=nothing
Stats=nothing
Conference=nothing
Last week=nothing
Uniforms=nothing
Stadium=nothing

I take it, then, that you are an NFL fan? :D

Rock Hard Corn Frog
9/13/2006, 08:45 AM
I am a weak OU supporter because I can't bring myself to trash talk before a game. Walk softly and carry a big stick I say, and save your gloating til after the final whistle. I know a lot of the smack flying around is tongue in cheek, but it's all pointless dick waving if you ask me.

Tradition=nothing
Stats=nothing
Conference=nothing
Last week=nothing
Uniforms=nothing
Stadium=nothing

It's all about whose TEAM shows up on Saturday(or Thur,Fri,Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed), with their helmets, jocks, and mouthguards ready to play four quarters.

Who wants it more?

Unfortunately, my football career ended years ago at Southeastern OK St. in the gem of SE Okla. that is Durant. So now I just have to watch, and hope that the guys in red do something that makes me happy. I understand that there are people from other places in this country that feel the same way I do just about a different team, and I respect that.

Dude, I want to talk you off that ledge. Put a melody behind that post and you have a pretty good Morrissey song.

PDXDuck
9/13/2006, 01:49 PM

7-12 Bowl Record
0-7 Record vs. OU

Oklahoma
Purdue
Purdue
Ohio State (7 times)
Notre Dame
Florida
MISSOURI
Georgia
Miami
East Popcorn State

Okay, I feel compelled to respond to these skewed statistics.

First, let me say that I'm not going to talk smack about the Sooners. Like most Duck fans (and, frankly, college football fans), I have a great deal of respect for the Sooners football program and tradition. You have a good team, and I expect a great game on Saturday.

As for these statistics, they ignore recent history. Oregon has developed, over the past decade+, an outstanding football program that has been competitive on a national level. If you look at what has transpired since the 1994 season, the statistics give you a completely different view:

RECORD:

Oregon:
99 wins, 46 losses (68% winning record). (Second only to USC in the PAC)
Oklahoma:
98 wins, 49 losses (67% winning record)

CONFERENCE TITLES:

Oregon: 3
Oklahoma: 3

BOWL APPEARANCES:

Oregon: 10 (4 wins, 6 losses)
Oklahoma: 8 (4 wins, 4 losses)

NATIONAL TITLES:

Oklahoma: 1
Oregon: 0 (but few would dispute that in the 2001 season, Oregon should have played Miami for the national championship instead of Nebraska. I'm not saying we would've won (we'll never know), but we should have been in the title game)

See you in Eugene on Saturday, where you will be more than welcome.

GO DUCKS!

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 03:06 PM
Nice post PDX.
Ducks are a much different program going back just 10+ years. Oklahoma, Ohio St..........all the tradional powers love going back 100 years ago and bully others around with overall program strength. Its like they have those program stats saved somewhere and the first thing they do is go and copy/paste it. Hell, I guess we would too but then again what impact does that have on todays players?
Note to Sooners.....
Everyone knows who you are, what your program is about, how many championships you've won.......
Dont pretend like we dont know college football and stop posting stats from the last 100 years.
Tell someone who doesnt know.

TrophyCollector
9/13/2006, 03:20 PM
Okay, I feel compelled to respond to these skewed statistics.

Uh, DuckTard, the original stats weren't skewed, they are a collection of complete historical facts.

Your stats are skewed because they pick some random *** year that makes it look good for your side.

That is all.

AIR, LAND, WATER
9/13/2006, 03:33 PM
Ducktard?
Ive been reading several posts on here from some Oregon fans and some of our comments have quite frankly embaressed me.
But your "DuckTard"......how about 5 minutes in the corner for not being able to come up with something better than that. Chalk 1 up for the Sooners.

jwlynn64
9/13/2006, 03:51 PM
Ducktard?
Ive been reading several posts on here from some Oregon fans and some of our comments have quite frankly embaressed me.
But your "DuckTard"......how about 5 minutes in the corner for not being able to come up with something better than that. Chalk 1 up for the Sooners.

Spec Trophy. :D

Sorry but "DuckTard" is an instant classic. When you hear it you instantly know who it applied to. I've often said that the word retard is wholly underused and appreciated.

PDXDuck
9/13/2006, 04:00 PM
Uh, DuckTard, the original stats weren't skewed, they are a collection of complete historical facts.

Your stats are skewed because they pick some random *** year that makes it look good for your side.

That is all.

Sorry Sooner fans, but this was a completely inane response. I mean, DuckTard? C'mon.

Anyway, my post wasn't intended to dis Oklahoma's program; only to point out that with the Ducks you're now dealing with a completely different picture than 100 years of statistics would otherwise suggest.

Lest I should sound too diplomatic...I'd take the Ducks -4 on Saturday.

TrophyCollector
9/13/2006, 05:06 PM
Anyway, my post wasn't intended to dis Oklahoma's program; only to point out that with the Ducks you're now dealing with a completely different picture than 100 years of statistics would otherwise suggest.

So your new motto is, "UO Duck football - pretty good since 1994!" ?

fossil
9/13/2006, 05:13 PM

Tradition=nothing
Stats=nothing
Conference=nothing
Last week=nothing
Uniforms=nothing
Stadium=nothing

Who wants it more?

:D I come from the 'hub of the universe', just south of the 'gem of SE Oklahoma', the bustling metropolis of Calera, where the street light goes dim when someone turns on their electric razor. Hidy!

footballfanatic
9/13/2006, 07:35 PM

Tradition=nothing
Stats=nothing
Conference=nothing
Last week=nothing
Uniforms=nothing
Stadium=nothing

Who wants it more?

I feel the same way you do. I don't think you should get too overconfident about ANY game. You never know what will happen. So many games and wars, for that matter, were lost by people who thought all they had to do was show up to win.

Besides, if you think your team will always win, you set up unrealistic expectations that are sure to disappoint. It's no coincidence that the most fervent, boasting supporters are the ones that always turn on their teams first when things don't go their way?

Dan Thompson
9/13/2006, 07:45 PM
Eugene weather for Saturday - high 69, low 48, and cloudy. Good football weather.

TrophyCollector
9/13/2006, 08:03 PM
Eugene weather for Saturday - high 69, low 48, and cloudy. Good football weather.

Man, OU will never be able to adjust to that duck weather. We have no idea how mild it will be. The tin roof makes it far more mild than most stadiums and TV just doesn't do justice to how mild Austland stadium really is. Mildness will be a HUGE factor for the duck's victory.

QuackAttack
9/13/2006, 09:21 PM
Man, OU will never be able to adjust to that duck weather. We have no idea how mild it will be. The tin roof makes it far more mild than most stadiums and TV just doesn't do justice to how mild Austland stadium really is. Mildness will be a HUGE factor for the duck's victory.

Sweet! Now I am confident Oregon wins on Saturday.

UNSeeN_
9/13/2006, 10:37 PM
OU will win this one, don't go for the naysaying spread. Well, I should say OU will win if our defense shows up.

homerSimpsonsBrain
9/14/2006, 09:58 AM
Sorry Sooner fans, but this was a completely inane response. I mean, DuckTard? C'mon.

Lest I should sound too diplomatic...I'd take the Ducks -4 on Saturday.

If we're picking random recent years, how about starting in 1999?

:D

CincySooner
9/14/2006, 09:59 AM
or maybe just the last 2? we've done pretty good against them since 04 :)

TexasLidig8r
9/14/2006, 10:02 AM
Nice post PDX.
Ducks are a much different program going back just 10+ years. Oklahoma, Ohio St..........all the tradional powers love going back 100 years ago and bully others around with overall program strength. . .

Nope nope nope....

Our hated, but respected rivals in Norman only count back as far as 1950.

Get your facts straight! :D

Big Red Ron
9/14/2006, 10:14 AM
Nope nope nope....

Get your facts straight! :DYeah, cuz that's when the stopped having 15-20 different national champions. Or as it is know nationally, "The Modern Era" of college football.

centralohioguy
9/14/2006, 02:10 PM
The stats are pretty even, but the season is young so I don't know how meaningful they are. In any case, as an outsider I'd go with Oklahoma based on conference strength alone. Also it looks like Oregon has lots of injuries, but I don't know if they're starters. If the Oklahoma defense shows up, it shouldn't be that close, IMO.

http://covers.usatoday.com/game-matchups/matchup.aspx?page=/data/ncf/game/g8_summary_29.html

Quack 10
9/14/2006, 02:30 PM
go with Oklahoma based on conference strength alone.

:D That's freakin hilarious!

stoopified
9/14/2006, 02:52 PM
Nope nope nope....

Get your facts straight! :D
Excuse me TLID but that is 1947(Bud's first year) not 1950.Before 1947 football was just football.In 1947 a state religion was born and it is called SOONER FOOTBALL.Just needed to clear that up.

CincySooner
9/14/2006, 02:53 PM
I'd go with Oklahoma based on conference strength alone.

I dont know how you can say that... conference season hasn't started yet. No telling how OU stacks up against the conference this year.

pac10 hasnt exactly torn up the non-conference schedule either.

In fact, Im not just real sure what you are trying to say <head scratch>

centralohioguy
9/14/2006, 03:21 PM
I guess what I was trying to say is I'll always pick a Big 12 team over a supposedly 'equally matched' Pac 10 team.