PDA

View Full Version : Remembering the reaction to 9-11 in the Middle East...

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 08:09 AM
Never Forget. (http://www.powerlineblog.com/powerlinenews/video2)

http://limewoody.wordpress.com/files/2006/03/palestinians-celebrate-911.jpg

BoogercountySooner
9/11/2006, 08:47 AM
Screw that 4 eyed Beotch!

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/11/2006, 09:01 AM
My memory of 9/11 will never be based in hate. 9/11 was more important than ignorant people celebrating, i think it symbolized how strong we as a country are. It is was a day where no was rascist, sexist, or any other form of hate. It was about brave women and men risking their lives to save even just one life. It was a day when my generation didn't care about the Jessica Simpson's, Terrell Owens, or Adrian Peterson's. It was a day our true heroes rose up and made a true difference. The way we as a country responded to this heinous attack only made me realize more that I am living in the greatest country this world has ever seen. Hate tore those towers down but love is what lifted this country up.

Jon Stewart sums it much more elegantly than I ever could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSCoF7yEC9E

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 09:18 AM
My memory of 9/11 will never be based in hate.
Remembering what happened should never be based on anything except reality. I don't need some comedian trying to tell me how I should feel about muslim extreamists murdering thousands of Americans and then cheering about in the streets of the middle east.

The reality of the situation is that these extremists cheered the slaughter of thousand of innocent Americans on 9/11/2001. End of story.

You can choose to ignore this fact or you can choose to call these people out, its your choice. I choose to call them on it, and remind people of what they did.

Never Forget.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/11/2006, 09:25 AM
364 days out of the year, I will say lets get our vengeance and destroy those evil bastards. But today isn't about them, today is a day to honor our heroes. These heartless bastards that would cheer any death let alone such a large amount aren't what today is about. Tomorrow I will join you in hating their asses as much as any other day. But today is about honoring what is great about our country. You obviously didn't watch the video because Jon Stewart doesn't even discuss the terrorist, it was his first show after 9/11 and he wasn't a comedian that nite.

Osce0la
9/11/2006, 09:28 AM
I can't get that clip to play here at work...Is this the clip where towards the end he is talking about his view from his apartment? I remember seeing that video for the first time and hearing him say something along the lines of "the view from my apartment used to be of the World Trade Centers...(he is tearing up at this point)...now the view is of the Statue of Liberty...you just can't beat that..." It was a very emotional video...

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/11/2006, 09:33 AM
Yep, that's the one. That video always really hits me hard because I am not used to Jon being serious. 9/11 was such a unique day. For one day in America, there was no race or political affiliation. I think today really should be a National holiday. Or at the very least a day that everyone should go buy new flags.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 09:38 AM
364 days out of the year, I will say lets get our vengeance and destroy those evil bastards. But today isn't about them, today is a day to honor our heroes. These heartless bastards that would cheer any death let alone such a large amount aren't what today is about. Tomorrow I will join you in hating their asses as much as any other day. But today is about honoring what is great about our country. You obviously didn't watch the video because Jon Stewart doesn't even discuss the terrorist, it was his first show after 9/11 and he wasn't a comedian that nite.
I will watch it when I get home. Nets too slow here at work.

I see your point and respect it though. I wish I could be think this way.

I cannot though. When I see pictures of people jumping out of the trade center, or running away from the clouds of dust, or the raging fires in NY, DC and PA, I just cannot help but think about the bastards that did this. If it weren't for them, this day would be just a normal late summer day.

Osce0la
9/11/2006, 09:40 AM
It was crazy to see the way that day brought this country together...You couldn't find American flags in any stores because all of them were already bought and out on people's porches, cars, and wherever else people could find a place to put them. There was no presidential bashing, no democrats vs. republicans, it was all "we are the United States, and we will not back down from this". I remember July 4, 2002, that was the most emotional 4th of July holiday of my life.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 09:42 AM
Yep, that's the one. That video always really hits me hard because I am not used to Jon being serious. 9/11 was such a unique day. For one day in America, there was no race or political affiliation. I think today really should be a National holiday. Or at the very least a day that everyone should go buy new flags.

I respectfully disagree.

The victims should be remembered, but the act shouldn't be celebrated as a national holiday. That would be a victory for terrorism I feel.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/11/2006, 09:44 AM
You are right of course Tuba. **** those little bastards that did this. But they are either getting theirs or going to be getting it really soon from our good ole boys in our military. God Bless America and if you know any fireman, soldiers, or anyone that does a thankless job without much credit, just take a little time out of your day sending them a letter or an e-mail telling them how much you appreciate them

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/11/2006, 09:47 AM
Well let's make it National Fireman, Police Officer, and U.S Soldier Appreciation Day then ;)

JohnnyMack
9/11/2006, 09:53 AM
Remembering what happened should never be based on anything except reality. I don't need some comedian trying to tell me how I should feel about muslim extreamists murdering thousands of Americans and then cheering about in the streets of the middle east.

The reality of the situation is that these extremists cheered the slaughter of thousand of innocent Americans on 9/11/2001. End of story.

You can choose to ignore this fact or you can choose to call these people out, its your choice. I choose to call them on it, and remind people of what they did.

Never Forget.

Just as I don't need some innerweb hack trying to tell me how I should feel about, well, anything.

picasso
9/11/2006, 09:53 AM
My memory of 9/11 will never be based in hate. 9/11 was more important than ignorant people celebrating, i think it symbolized how strong we as a country are. It is was a day where no was rascist, sexist, or any other form of hate. It was about brave women and men risking their lives to save even just one life. It was a day when my generation didn't care about the Jessica Simpson's, Terrell Owens, or Adrian Peterson's. It was a day our true heroes rose up and made a true difference. The way we as a country responded to this heinous attack only made me realize more that I am living in the greatest country this world has ever seen. Hate tore those towers down but love is what lifted this country up.

Jon Stewart sums it much more elegantly than I ever could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSCoF7yEC9E
are you sure your generation stopped even for a brief moment that day caring about pop culture?
I agree our country showed up and got together. Then, quickly seperated again.

yermom
9/11/2006, 09:58 AM
9/11 became pop culture that day

you can't discount the effect this had on NYC in the aftermath

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 10:01 AM
Just as I don't need some innerweb hack trying to tell me how I should feel about, well, anything.
Not telling you how to feel about anything.

Just helping people like you remember, since so many like you seem to have forgotten.

picasso
9/11/2006, 10:02 AM
9/11 became pop culture that day

you can't discount the effect this had on NYC in the aftermath
I totally agree there. But many people have forgotten the threat, and the danger.

soonerscuba
9/11/2006, 10:03 AM
The memory of 9/11 was destroyed the day it became a political tool. Flame away.

Widescreen
9/11/2006, 10:03 AM
My wife and I were on a tour in Europe on 9/11/01. Our tour guide was a Portugese lady we called the General. Anyway, she kept telling us that she was already tired of George Bush telling people we were at war. She didn't think it rose to that level and he was just being melodramatic. Typical Euro.

There was also a small group from Texas that were saying things like "What REALLY scares me is that George Bush has access to the button. Now THAT's scary!". We nearly had fisticuffs on the tour bus.

picasso
9/11/2006, 10:04 AM
The memory of 9/11 was destroyed the day it became a political tool. Flame away.
hahahahahahahaha! by which party Jack?

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 10:06 AM

How true...
http://www.lazygeek.net/images/moore1.jpg

http://www.parapolitics.info/images/911/911truthbush.jpg

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 10:11 AM
hahahahahahahaha! by which party Jack?

both

picasso
9/11/2006, 10:12 AM
both
that was my point.

JohnnyMack
9/11/2006, 10:13 AM
Not telling you how to feel about anything.

Just helping people like you remember, since so many like you seem to have forgotten.

In case I failed to mention it earlier, **** off.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/11/2006, 10:15 AM
We don't need a day for that, fellas. Seriously.

Every man has the capacity to do the right thing. Every man has the ability to do the right thing. Sadly, not every man DOES the right thing. But there are those that do, those that step forward when the need presents itself. Those like the gentleman that dove into the flood-swollen waters of Mingo creek to drag a scared, endangered teenage daughter from her car to the snow covered shore, even with the wail of Engine 25's sirens less than a mile away, only staying long enough to ensure her welfare in the hands of first responders before driving off into the dark. The person standing in the pouring deluge of a spring thunderstorm, knowing full well his own wife and children are waiting patiently at home, but holding the hand of a seriously injured mother trapped in the wreckage of her demolished SUV and protecting her pain gripped face from the wet and cold with his own jacket, even as Tulsa's own are screaming down the highway to assist. The elderly wife, face wracked with shock, finding resolve through her grief to listen patiently over the phone tucked between her shoulder and her ear as her thin, spotted arms press heroically against her still husband's chest...

The list goes on and on.

And all it takes is a desire to do the right thing. Sometimes its the stuff of stories and news articles. Others, it's the acts that are never noticed except by those involved. The acts of the true American hero. The acts of those brave enough to stop, reach out, and be a brother to their fellow man.

Those people are heroes. And heroes are made every day, friends.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 10:16 AM
both
Whats the point in bring it up then? Political parties made something political?

Oh, the horror of it all. :rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 10:18 AM
In case I failed to mention it earlier, **** off.
Whats your problem JM?

Couldn't actually add anything to the discussion, so you had to go with the personal attack? Nice. Not that I am surprised though.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/11/2006, 10:26 AM
Hey now!!!! NO Political hijacking of a 9/11 thread :( Either **** on the memory of the turd burgurling asshat terrorist or remember the dead or remember the heroes!!!

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 10:31 AM
Hey now!!!! NO Political hijacking of a 9/11 thread :( Either **** on the memory of the turd burgurling asshat terrorist or remember the dead or remember the heroes!!!

I agree. My apologies. :O

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 10:35 AM
Whats the point in bring it up then? Political parties made something political?

Oh, the horror of it all. :rolleyes:

i didn't bring it up.

but the point remains the same.

it is a sad state of affairs when a political party takes a tragedy and attempts to make the other side of the aisle look bad or capitalize on it in any other way.

we need to focus on those affected, mourn the lost, and remember the event and put biases and politics aside when dealing with something of this nature.

Desert Sapper
9/11/2006, 11:22 AM
9-11 was a well-planned, well-executed attack on our economic and military (we think the third plane was headed for the whitehouse, so political, too) centers of gravity. We had already been at war with these scumbags for 22 years before September 11, 2001. It just took something that catestrophic to get us to admit it. My wife and I had friends in the Twin Towers and the Pentagon. There isn't a day goes by that we don't remember what happened that day. We will never be completely safe from terrorists, but we can't afford to forget the lesson we learned on September 11. There are plenty of people in the world that want to bring us to our knees.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 11:27 AM
i didn't bring it up.

but the point remains the same.

it is a sad state of affairs when a political party takes a tragedy and attempts to make the other side of the aisle look bad or capitalize on it in any other way.

we need to focus on those affected, mourn the lost, and remember the event and put biases and politics aside when dealing with something of this nature.
I agree, and I believe that one side has gone above and beyond in its attempt to make the other look bad and to capitalize on this event, which is why I posted the pics of Michael Moore and the assbrain holding the sign.

I'd give examples of the other side doing similar stuff in regards to this event, however it just doesn't seem to exist.

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 12:24 PM
I agree, and I believe that one side has gone above and beyond in its attempt to make the other look bad and to capitalize on this event, which is why I posted the pics of Michael Moore and the assbrain holding the sign.

I'd give examples of the other side doing similar stuff in regards to this event, however it just doesn't seem to exist.

give.

it.

a.

rest.

tbl
9/11/2006, 12:35 PM
Lets look back and see how Americans reacted when they bombed Pearl Harbor. While there was great mourning for our men that were lost, the overwhelming feeling was anger and hostility towards the people that did this to us. That's been the reaction of most societies throughout history.

SoonerBorn68
9/11/2006, 02:22 PM
give.

it.

a.

rest.

Change

Your

fadada1
9/11/2006, 02:37 PM
had the AM radio on for a brief moment today - clearly a more conservative show.

but, one fellow brought an interesting perspective, i thought. said we need a president like harry truman... someone that can make the tough choice to end a horrible event. said that truman knew dropping the bomb would kill many innocent lives, but that it would send a VERY strong message about who had the power to take life... at any moment.

just an interesting thought on a day that will surely stir up many feelings af hate. i'm sure i'm not the only one that still feels a sense of hatred for the people behind this. it was a cowardly act, that i will never forgive. if there is a hell, i hope they're in it.

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 02:45 PM
why?? ain't nothing better than cat on a cob

Octavian
9/11/2006, 02:47 PM

*shakes head*

SoonerBorn68
9/11/2006, 02:48 PM
OK then give it a rest on "give it a rest" then. You're just as bad at perpetuating the situation.

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 02:56 PM
explain yourself in the context of this thread and my posts therein

good luck.

OklahomaRed
9/11/2006, 03:01 PM
Pic,

I agree. Everyone makes it political. Why someone had to bring that up on a thread discussing radical muslim's reaction when it happened, I don't understand? The point is there are thousands, if not millions, in the islamic world that celebrated the death of 3000 Americans. Plain and simple. No politics to it. The point that needs to be remembered here is those that died for no reason, those who died as heroes trying to save others, and their families that have to go on living without those they love.

The last point is that it is the USA's duty to not forget 9-11, and to do whatever we can in our power not to let it happen again. Those who are unable to learn from the past are destined to repeat it. The second America lets her guard down, I can guarantee you, we will be hit again. It's not a matter of live and let live. That would be great if we could get the radical islamist to agree to that; however, I do not feel either political party has a good answer to that issue. Until then, I would rather fight them there, then fight them here. Your choice. Just my opinion. :hot:

SoonerBorn68
9/11/2006, 03:05 PM

I don't see how your avatar helps the solidarity of America & putting politics aside.

Again, in the context of this thread your avatar makes your statements hypicritical.

SoonerBorn68
9/11/2006, 03:07 PM
Maybe a little respect for all Americans would be appropriate for today.

Except for LAS. I like pickin' on him. :D

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 03:26 PM
I don't see how your avatar helps the solidarity of America & putting politics aside.

Again, in the context of this thread your avatar makes your statements hypicritical.

so the short answer is you can't back up what you said as it relates to my posts.

well you tried hard and that is cool.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 04:32 PM
*shakes head*

Keeep shakeing it...

This was at ground zero today.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20060911TruthersWTC01.jpg

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20060911TruthersWTC02.jpg

Yeah, some people did forget. Either that, or malevolent lies and ignorance have been made flesh.

Personally, I blame olestra.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 04:35 PM

Oh come on, Nothing says "I'm serious" on a day like 9/11 more than a picture of The President eating a kitten. :D

Jerk
9/11/2006, 05:12 PM
Do you neocommies realize that if the islamo-fascists somehow took over America, that you'd be the first to get your heads chopped off?

Jerk
9/11/2006, 05:16 PM

Where's a suicide bomber when you need one?

SicEmBaylor
9/11/2006, 06:00 PM
9/11 was a weird day for me. It is also my sister's birthday.
It was my fish year at Baylor, and typically I would turn on the news while I got dressed in the morning, but I didn't do it that day. I get to class and I had no idea anything was up until my prof walks in and tells us that obviously we're not going to have a regular class period and then he starts discussing it. I had to piece together what was going on but my day went form normal to hearing that both towers had been hit, one had collapsed, the pentagon had been hit, and a car bomb had blown up the state department.

SicEmBaylor
9/11/2006, 06:02 PM
For the record, you can't NOT make 9/11 political. It was a political attack with a political solution. You shouldn't make 9/11 partisan; making it political is unavoidable.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 06:13 PM
I don't need some comedian trying to tell me how I should feel about muslim extreamists murdering thousands of Americans and then cheering about in the streets of the middle east.
That comedian you so callously disregard lived mere blocks from the WTC and knew people who died in it. He witnessed the attacks from his home. He saw the smouldering ruins from his apartment. And he watched the Bush administration cut the anti-terror funding to NYC and send it instead to Nebraska and a skating rink in Indiana because there are "no national monuments or terror targets in NYC."

I think he's entitled to his voice and his opinion.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 06:17 PM
Wow. And I get accused of being arrogant.

What an insufferably arrogant, holier than thou, condescending statement.

We don't need YOU to remind us of what happened. We lived through it. And some of us were even there for it. We can all remember just fine, thank you very much.

My God.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 06:21 PM

I'd give examples of the other side doing similar stuff in regards to this event, however it just doesn't seem to exist from my vantage point with my head so firmly buried in three feet of sand.
Fixed it for ya.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 06:23 PM
Maybe a little respect for all Americans would be appropriate for today.

Except for LAS. I like pickin' on him. :D
Well...at least I'm good for sumptin'.

:D

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 06:25 PM

Yeah...THIS is a tasteful and appropriate joke for today, DON'T YA THINK?!?! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are those kids...KIDS...right? Nope. You're young and naive. But are they AMERICANS?!?! YES...THEY...ARE.

You should be ashamed of yourself for making that joke. (which is what I hope it was, rather than a sincere wish)

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 07:03 PM

did you really just wish for a terrorist attack on americans at ground zero because you disagree with them? i see you are firmly entrenched in the "compassionate" conservative camp.

picasso
9/11/2006, 07:13 PM
Yeah...THIS is a tasteful and appropriate joke for today, DON'T YA THINK?!?! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are those kids...KIDS...right? Nope. You're young and naive. But are they AMERICANS?!?! YES...THEY...ARE.

You should be ashamed of yourself for making that joke. (which is what I hope it was, rather than a sincere wish)
I totally agree. We should never waste time, resources and money killing unemployed stupid people.

LoyalFan
Never Forget. (http://www.powerlineblog.com/powerlinenews/video2)

There's a truly eloquent response to those who gather to gloat over the crimes of their "heroes". Y'see, when they are all gathered in one stinking, unwashed, rabid mob, a Tomahawk missile or Predator drone does that kinda stuff they do so well.
I mean it...men, women, brats, ...all...scattered and spattered in bits all over the walls of surrounding structures. Wanna bet the next "Pep Rally" is cancelled?
Of course, if we get hit again, Mecca goes away in one big incandescent glow...works for me, but guarantees the retaliatory destruction of The Vatican, St. Paul's in London, The National Cathedral in Washington D.C., perhaps even O'Connell's as well. We can deal with that by using nukes against any further pep rallys.
If the "good" Muslims can't deal with this little plan, then let them deal with their vicious brethren and prevent it all from happening.

With Malice Toward Some,

LoyalFan

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
did you really just wish for a terrorist attack on americans at ground zero because you disagree with them? i see you are firmly entrenched in the "compassionate" conservative camp.I got the impression(as did you but have twisted it because it's what you do) that he meant if there has to be some insane suicide bombers, this might as well be their target.

usmc-sooner
9/11/2006, 07:19 PM

you really gotta wonder if these fools even realize that the very establishment they protest, is one of the the very few that would give them the freedom to do so.

LoyalFan
9/11/2006, 07:22 PM
you really gotta wonder if these fools even realize that the very establishment they protest, is one of the the very few that would give them the freedom to do so.

Have you ever seen a bunch that so had "loser" stamped all over them. They look like back-up singers for the "Numa-Numa" kid.

LF

Octavian
9/11/2006, 07:30 PM
Keeep shakeing it...

This was at ground zero today.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/pictures/20060911TruthersWTC01.jpg

Yeah, some people did forget. Either that, or malevolent lies and ignorance have been made flesh.

Personally, I blame olestra.

see, the problem w/ you, Tuba, (and others like you)...is that it's hard for normal people to discern who you hate more: radical Muslim extremists who propose terrorism as a means to an end...or American liberals. There's so much bent-up frustration and anger w/ you that I honestly feel pity.

Rage over . Multiply X10....repeat process...war against Christmas...female reproductive autonomy....you name it....there's a million and one bogus non-issues that a talking head can dream up that'll send you and your ilk over the edge in a xenophobic, paranoid seizure.

You're the posterboy for the ****ed-off white male in Middle America who's so damned sad they didn't grow up in the goden days of the uniform 1950s America (which never really existed anyway) where everyone below you knew their place...

You're the guy who Wallace dooped into voting for him in '68. You're the guy who bought into Joe McCarthy. You're the guy who saw nothing wrong w/ the Willie Horton ads in '88. You're the guy who goes ape-**** over a blowjob but thinks an administration misleading their citizens about a war is justified. You're the white-collar, pew sitting' guy who preaches moral superiority while arguing for another tax cut. You're [I]that guy.

And really, I guess that's OK...you have convictions...you stand behind them...I disagree. At least you're not apathetic.

But not today, Tuba...you're not gonna sit there and whine about how the world is so black and white and you and your side are completely correct and everyone else outside that white corporate box is a hate-America-first communist sympathizer.

Those morons at the WTC today are not even close to the average rank&file American left-of-political-center individual....I'd like to think you know that but really, I don't think you do.

You read your blogs...you listen to your talk radio, and you worship your dogmatic beliefs...cool.

But that'd be like me copying pictures of Fred Phelps or Pat Robertson and lumping you in w/ them....well, it'd be like me copying pictures of Fred Phelps or Pat Robertson and lumping 95% of the other SO conservatives in w/ them.

But you got what you wanted didn't you...you gotta rise out of someone you despise....you baited me into stooping to that level on the fifth anniversary of that gawd-awful day and drudging up meaningless and vial political attacks when this day should be about anything and everything but that....for that, I commend you.

Well, done...you fine, patriotic, red-blooded American, you.

And I'm still shaking my head.

picasso
9/11/2006, 07:34 PM
I just cannot fathom how any halfway intelligent person could ever dream that any president, regardless of power, could ever pull something like 9-11 off.
it's an argument or theory that erases any bit of sanity or reality afforded the person making the claim.
bring that crap into my personal space and you'll get a look of bewilderment as I quickly try to get away from your hygienically challenged person.

picasso
9/11/2006, 07:37 PM
Octavian, you have a point but flip that description around at the fellas and folks in the pictures above and it applies to their warped view also.
you could even say they have a general hatred for republicans and folks in general.

picasso
9/11/2006, 07:39 PM
the big bopper.

Octavian
9/11/2006, 07:40 PM
Octavian, you have a point but flip that description around at the fellas and folks in the pictures above and it applies to their warped view also.
you could even say they have a general hatred for republicans and folks in general.

I completely agree...and they're closed-minded idiots.

To me, this just isn't the day to be ****ing about about how the [insert political party] sold the country down the river.

I should've just stayed on the football board.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 07:41 PM
I got the impression(as did you but have twisted it because it's what you do) that he meant if there has to be some insane suicide bombers, this might as well be their target.
WOW!

And I mean WOW!

Spin...spin...spin...spin...spin...spin like the wheels on an icy road...

Spin...spin...spin...

To think they actually expect us to believe that sort of crap!

LMAO

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 07:42 PM
This I agree with.

But this is America and they're free to be stupid or paranoid about conspiracies.

usmc-sooner
9/11/2006, 07:43 PM
Octavian
while I really respect your opinion (even though I disagree) I think your post could very well describe the liberal view points of most conservatives.

9/11/2006, 07:44 PM
you could even say they have a general hatred for republicans and America, the greatest country that has ever been. More to the point.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 07:46 PM
see, the problem w/ you, Tuba, (and others like you)...is that it's hard for normal people to discern who you hate more: radical Muslim extremists who propose terrorism as a means to an end...or American liberals. There's so much bent-up frustration and anger w/ you that I honestly feel pity.

Rage over . Multiply X10....repeat process...war against Christmas...female reproductive autonomy....you name it....there's a million and one bogus non-issues that a talking head can dream up that'll send you and your ilk over the edge in a xenophobic, paranoid seizure.

You're the posterboy for the ****ed-off white male in Middle America who's so damned sad they didn't grow up in the goden days of the uniform 1950s America (which never really existed anyway) where everyone below you knew their place...

You're the guy who Wallace dooped into voting for him in '68. You're the guy who bought into Joe McCarthy. You're the guy who saw nothing wrong w/ the Willie Horton ads in '88. You're the guy who goes ape-**** over a blowjob but thinks an administration misleading their citizens about a war is justified. You're the white-collar, pew sitting' guy who preaches moral superiority while arguing for another tax cut. You're [I]that guy.

And really, I guess that's OK...you have convictions...you stand behind them...I disagree. At least you're not apathetic.

But not today, Tuba...you're not gonna sit there and whine about how the world is so black and white and you and your side are completely correct and everyone else outside that white corporate box is a hate-America-first communist sympathizer.

Those morons at the WTC today are not even close to the average rank&file American left-of-political-center individual....I'd like to think you know that but really, I don't think you do.

You read your blogs...you listen to your talk radio, and you worship your dogmatic beliefs...cool.

But that'd be like me copying pictures of Fred Phelps or Pat Robertson and lumping you in w/ them....well, it'd be like me copying pictures of Fred Phelps or Pat Robertson and lumping 95% of the other SO conservatives in w/ them.

But you got what you wanted didn't you...you gotta rise out of someone you despise....you baited me into stooping to that level on the fifth anniversary of that gawd-awful day and drudging up meaningless and vial political attacks when this day should be about anything and everything but that....for that, I commend you.

Wow.

I could see the mushroom cloud from here! Talk about totally PWN3D!

The ref doesn't even need to count this one. That's a K.O.

LMAO

Uhm...I'm gonna go eat some pie and watch a bikini contest in Santa Monica. That was too sweet.

:D

Oh, and...
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Octavian again.

Octavian
9/11/2006, 07:46 PM
Octavian
while I really respect your opinion (even though I disagree) I think your post could very well describe the liberal view points of most conservatives.

you're right...it's just bugging me today.

I respect your oppinion too.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 07:49 PM
I'd agree with that, too.

The dudes in those pics are freakin' retards.

And that's an insult to freakin' retards.

9/11/2006, 07:55 PM
WOW!

And I mean WOW!

Spin...spin...spin...spin...spin...spin like the wheels on an icy road...

Spin...spin...spin...

To think they actually expect us to believe that sort of crap!

LMAOShould we take this to mean you think Tuba wants those fool kids blown up by a suicide bomber?

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 07:56 PM
the world needs people like those in the picture otherwise the tin foil hats market would completely dry up and force like hundreds out of work.

Jerk
9/11/2006, 08:06 PM

Or...

Maybe Tuba is one of those people who realizes that socialism is a failed ideology and doesn't work.

Maybe he sees a large group of people in America who feel that Bush is more of a threat than terrorism, and is just pointing them out.

9/11/2006, 08:15 PM
Or...

Maybe Tuba is one of those people who realizes that socialism is a failed ideology and doesn't work.

Maybe he sees a large group of people in America who feel that Bush is more of a threat than terrorism, and is just pointing them out.Yeah, lovely diatribe, Octavian, but Jerk has the correct analysis of Tuba's position.

picasso
9/11/2006, 08:20 PM
the big bopper.
holy snikies! I posted this in the wrong thread!

better lay off the acid for a few days.:D

Jerk
9/11/2006, 08:20 PM
did you really just wish for a terrorist attack on americans at ground zero because you disagree with them? i see you are firmly entrenched in the "compassionate" conservative camp.

"compassionte conservative" is a Bush term used to describe Republicans who can spend alot of Federal money on social programs just as good or better than Democrats.

No, I'm not in that camp.

OCUDad
9/11/2006, 08:22 PM
Liberal = Democrat = socialist
Conservative = Republican = fascist

How simplistic and stupid. Children, you dishonor this day of remembrance. Put away your slingshots and spitballs at least until tomorrow.

picasso
9/11/2006, 08:25 PM
I completely agree...and they're closed-minded idiots.

To me, this just isn't the day to be ****ing about about how the [insert political party] sold the country down the river.

I should've just stayed on the football board.
I agree. at this point I really don't care whose fault it is or how we got here.
I just want those in power to keep us safe, protected and be on the lookout.
the bad guys don't discriminate between parties.

9/11/2006, 08:29 PM
Liberal = Democrat, mostly = socialist
Conservative = Republican, sometimes

OK

soonerscuba
9/11/2006, 08:32 PM
I feel partly to blame with the direction of this thread, I'm sure it would have come to this anyway, but sorry everybody.

Also, America would be so much better if people would start hatin' on policy instead of hating on party.

leavingthezoo
9/11/2006, 08:40 PM
i'm not sure i understand why anyone would rather focus on the "middle east" reaction opposed to "the world's" reaction. seems kind of... inappropriate to focus on people who shamefully celebrate 9-11 over those who shared in our grief.

but that's just me. the following will remind you that for a moment, most of the world did grieve with us.

http://256.com/gray/thoughts/2001/20010912/pictures/react/

9/11/2006, 08:48 PM
I feel partly to blame with the direction of this thread, I'm sure it would have come to this anyway, but sorry everybody.

Also, America would be so much better if people would start hatin' on policy instead of hating on party.Policy differences are reflected by which party you're in.

VeeJay
9/11/2006, 10:54 PM
Back to the thread's original purpose: showing Middle Easterner's celebratory moods on 9/11/01. Here's my favorite of a Palestinian refugee in the streets celebrating Death To America in his Chicago Bears jersey:

http://homepage.mac.com/mjohnson1/.Pictures/pals-0911-05.jpg

Priceless. Where'd he get that - the Beirut Sports Authority?

I will use this term for the first time ever: F*cktard.

I feel better now.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 11:00 PM

You're the guy who Wallace dooped into voting for him in '68. You're the guy who bought into Joe McCarthy. You're the guy who saw nothing wrong w/ the Willie Horton ads in '88. You're the guy who goes ape-**** over a blowjob but thinks an administration misleading their citizens about a war is justified. You're the white-collar, pew sitting' guy who preaches moral superiority while arguing for another tax cut. You're that guy.
So, to break this down, according to you I am a McCarthyist, Racist, Lying White Collar Christian who selfishly loves lower taxes while neglecting the poor and downtroden and likes war mongering in the middle east for no reason.

And you shake your head at me???

That right there says a lot. :rolleyes:

Hypocrisy at its finest.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 11:14 PM

I would hope not.

Unfortunatly, the facts don't agree with this.

How many people believe 9/11 was an inside job now???

Oh, and this is nice. The LEADING leftist blog on the internet is fun reading, as I am sure YOU know.

The lessons of 9-11
by kos
Mon Sep 11, 2006 at 10:53:17 AM PDT

* The Constitution only applies when the going gets easy.
* War is the answer, even when you forget the question.
* The truth is for sissies.
* America has never faced an enemy as dangerous and as intent on killing
us as King George, the Civil War, World War I, the Germans, the
Japanese, a nuclear Soviet Union Al Qaeda.
* The real September 11 story was badly in need of editing.
* Just because they say it makes it so.
* We have always been at war with Oceania.
* A fool is born every election day.
* Due process is for the innocent.
* Patriotism means never having to say you're sorry.
* It's all Sandy Berger's fault.
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/9/11/135317/889

Again, show me where the center or right has ridiculed this day more than your left has?

Show me who has made movies like your poster boy hero Michael Moore, or who is producing films and books like Loose Change blaming Bush for 9/11.

Show me which side is proudly showing off a film about ASSASSINATING BUSH, and even screening it TODAY!

Show me Oct, Show me where the center and right is doing this. And then, maybe you might just have a point.

http://static.flickr.com/94/231331855_99a2213589_o.jpg

Hatfield
9/11/2006, 11:19 PM
tuba world = 1 person having an opinion other than his means that person speaks for everyone in the only other camp there is which apparently is libz.

you are a joke.

and the movie isn't about assassinating the president. look into and you will see what i mean.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 11:19 PM
Wow. And I get accused of being arrogant.

What an insufferably arrogant, holier than thou, condescending statement.

We don't need YOU to remind us of what happened. We lived through it. And some of us were even there for it. We can all remember just fine, thank you very much.

My God.

This is almost funny, coming from some one who DID blame Bush for causing 9/11.

OklahomaTuba
9/11/2006, 11:23 PM
tuba world = 1 person having an opinion other than his means that person speaks for everyone in the only other camp there is which apparently is libz.

you are a joke.

and the movie isn't about assassinating the president. look into and you will see what i mean.

Again, show me some main stream conservatives equal to Micheal Moore or Daily Kos. Ones made millions making movies for you all, and got a nice seat at the DNC by Jimmah himself. The other has the largest leftest website in all the innerweb, and you post from it very regularly it seems.

See hat, I have given you plenty of examples.

Yet strangly enough, the only thing you and oct and JM and LAS have given is personal attacks. I posted pictures, and yet, more personal attacks.

I am guessing this indicates a lack of examples from your side of the aisle, but thats just MY bigoted racist Christian opinion I guess. (based on Dogma no doubt!)

And yup, it has NOTHING to do with killing the President, at all. More revisionist history by the hateman himself...

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix//2006/08/PresidentC4_350x250.jpg

And somehow, I am not surprised you would know all about the murder Bush movie. I could care less to know more about it. Its sickening, and it doesn't matter WHO is CIC.

No doubt, somewhere in a cave in Pakistan, Osama is smiling, just waiting to get his hands on this nice propaganga peice.

Imagine if some conservatives had made a movie about killing FDR during WW2???

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 11:31 PM
Should we take this to mean you think Tuba wants those fool kids blown up by a suicide bomber?
Should we take this to mean that you can't tell the difference between Tuba and Jerk?

Maybe you should re-read the posts in question.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 11:33 PM
Yeah, lovely diatribe, Octavian, but Jerk has the correct analysis of Tuba's position.
Ah...so you're the new Minister of Information in Tubaland?

I never really thought Tuba needed a mouthpiece to speak for him...interesting.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 11:41 PM
OK
LOL

WOW again...

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 11:43 PM
Policy differences are reflected by which party you're in.
Right.

Because right now the Republicans are spending more than the Dems ever did during the 70's and 80's.

Policy.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 11:46 PM
I would hope not.

Unfortunatly, the facts don't agree with this.

How many people believe 9/11 was an inside job now???

Oh, and this is nice. The LEADING leftist blog on the internet is fun reading, as I am sure YOU know.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/9/11/135317/889

Again, show me where the center or right has ridiculed this day more than your left has?

Show me who has made movies like your poster boy hero Michael Moore, or who is producing films and books like Loose Change blaming Bush for 9/11.

Show me which side is proudly showing off a film about ASSASSINATING BUSH, and even screening it TODAY!

Show me Oct, Show me where the center and right is doing this. And then, maybe you might just have a point.

http://static.flickr.com/94/231331855_99a2213589_o.jpg
While I catch a lot of flak on here for hating Prez. Bush and his select group of Imposter Republicans in the White House, YOU, Tuba, hate a whole group of Americans who account for more than 40% of our population. You hate almost HALF of Americans...and then profess to love America. You hate almost HALF of Americans...and then call me out for being un-American for hating about 6 or 7 people in the White House.

And then you call ME the hypocrite.

Amazing.

LosAngelesSooner
9/11/2006, 11:48 PM
This is almost funny, coming from some one who DID blame Bush for causing 9/11.
LINK?

Can't find it, can you?

Causing 9/11? Never.

Failing to prevent it by ignoring warnings and hanging out on his ranch? Well...the facts don't lie.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/12/2006, 01:07 AM
Let's look at facts

If Bush had it on his desk 24 hours before that we know these guys names and what they are doing. He pulls no punches to get these guys and prevent 9/11.

If Clinton had it on his desk 24 hours before that we know these guys names and what they are doing. He pulls no punches to get these guys and prevent 9/11.

There is no way they keep a conspiracy like that from Colin Powell and I with enough faith in my heart..know he wouldn't allow it. About 95% of the people at these "Controlled Demolition" protest, don't believe a damm word they are saying. I would say that the VAST majority of them are there for the same reasons John Mark Karr lied about killing Jon Benet. They want us to aknowledge them and then people like Tuba and Favor give them the attention they SOO crave. I promise you that there has always been idiots. they just didn't have access to internet and a vast audience like today.

They other problem I have with conservatives is that they say something like well we don't have Sheehans and Moores. However if you point out that Fred Phelps is conservation...OH MY GOD!!! ARE YOU COMPARING ME TO HIM RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE LOUD NOISES RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE. It is allright for you guys to throw the extreme elements of the liberal movement in their face but when someone throws out your extreme elements, it becomes a personal attack. I am going to tell you a secret there is probably more Americans that thinks God wants us to kill all of the gay people that people who think Bush destroyed the WTC!

Jerk
9/12/2006, 05:47 AM
LINK?

Can't find it, can you?

Causing 9/11? Never.

Failing to prevent it by ignoring warnings and hanging out on his ranch? Well...the facts don't lie.

He was prez for only what? 8 months? Half his cabinet wasn't in until Summer? Remember why?

Let's talk about what happened during the 8 years before that....

OklahomaTuba
9/12/2006, 08:13 AM
While I catch a lot of flak on here for hating Prez. Bush and his select group of Imposter Republicans in the White House, YOU, Tuba, hate a whole group of Americans who account for more than 40% of our population. You hate almost HALF of Americans...and then profess to love America. You hate almost HALF of Americans...and then call me out for being un-American for hating about 6 or 7 people in the White House.

And then you call ME the hypocrite.

Amazing.

40% of this country thinks like you do? And you call ME arrogant? HA!

I'd say less than 10-15% of this country "thinks" like you, oct, scuba & hat do.

I don't hate REAL democrats. You know, the ones that actually used to stand up for the country during times of war. Hell, I may just vote for one for Gov. I did vote for Clinton after all.

The problem is, extremists like you have taken the party away from the moderates. And if they happen to somehow gain some sort of majority in congress, we all know the dims, controlled by their left-wing bosses like Howard Dean, Michael Moore, George Soros and "Screw them all" Kos will put all efforts to go after Bush.

Its clear you all see him as a bigger threat than any terrorist or dictator. Hell, you all call him a dictator and a fascist on a daily basis.

This is why I laugh when I see a committed leftist claim to shake his head when someone reminds them of the real threat we face.

They don't see it, and they never will. They don't think we are at war, they would rather blame everything on Bush and the neo-cons. Sept 10th is everyday for them.

Mixer!
9/12/2006, 08:21 AM
ARE YOU COMPARING ME TO HIM RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE LOUD NOISES RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

http://img2.imagepile.net/img2/77085006.jpg

rockhead
9/12/2006, 08:24 AM

I apologize if this has been mentioned. I didn't have time to go all through the thread to see if this had been brought up.

What I recall about this photo was that it turned out to be file footage. This gal was dancing in the street during the first Gulf War, if I recall.

C&CDean
9/12/2006, 08:29 AM
Meh. This thread has shot it's wad.