PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs. Tatum 9/8/06

BoomerSooner3
9/10/2006, 09:48 PM
I went to this game as I was passing through Texas Friday evening on my way to Norman. Justin Johnson was very very impressive. He is huge and had a great game with about 150 yards rushing with 1 TD, about 100 Rec. with 1 TD, and an over 90 yard Int. for a touch. Kinne looked pretty good save for an idiotic pass that he tried to throw while getting sacked that was returned for a TD (which got called back due to a penalty). Curtis Brown from Gilmer was also very impressive with his speed and cutting ability. Lennon Creer from Tatum looked good as well. He was able to fight for many yards and break a lot of tackles against a larger Gilmer team. #13 RB on Tatum was also impressive but I did not know who he was. The final score was Gilmer 45 Tatum 21.

The Consumate Showman
9/11/2006, 12:28 AM
JJ is DA MAN!

He is going to look good in Crimson and Cream....mark it down folks.

southern sooner
9/11/2006, 07:46 AM
You feel pretty good that he is a lock for us and no chance we see him in puke orange?? He is a junior, correct?

The Consumate Showman
9/11/2006, 08:53 AM
You feel pretty good that he is a lock for us and no chance we see him in puke orange?? He is a junior, correct?

Okay. He's the cousin of current Sooner Manuel Johnson. He's visited OU about ten times already and has yet to even mention losur. Plus, he has let it be known that he is and has been a Sooner fan. Trust me, he WILL be a Sooner and the only team that might even remotely get close to making him look in another direction would be the whorns. But go ask the whorn fans about JJ, I think most of them have already given up on even thinking that they will get him.

Plus-plus, he already has his scholarship offer from OU and he has already confirmed that he will make his decision EARLY...

plus-plus-plus, the RUMOR, just a rumor here, is that he is trying to help out OU w/recruiting some of the bigger names in Texas for the '08 class like Shugarts, Good, Snow, et al...

OUr '08 class looks to be KILLER!

The Consumate Showman
9/11/2006, 08:54 AM
Oh, and yes, he's a junior.

KingDavid
9/11/2006, 11:38 AM
Okay. He's the cousin of current Sooner Manuel Johnson. He's visited OU about ten times already and has yet to even mention losur. Plus, he has let it be known that he is and has been a Sooner fan. Trust me, he WILL be a Sooner and the only team that might even remotely get close to making him look in another direction would be the whorns. But go ask the whorn fans about JJ, I think most of them have already given up on even thinking that they will get him.

Plus-plus, he already has his scholarship offer from OU and he has already confirmed that he will make his decision EARLY...

plus-plus-plus, the RUMOR, just a rumor here, is that he is trying to help out OU w/recruiting some of the bigger names in Texas for the '08 class like Shugarts, Good, Snow, et al...

OUr '08 class looks to be KILLER!

It's huge to have an early decision-maker who will advocate the program to other recruits. It's also the fastest way to the heart of the sooner fan base. I loved seeing Kelly flashing the horn signs.

Even the idiot's help recruiting AD was a huge plus for him. A distant, remote plus fading into the oblivion of his stupidity.

KingDavid
9/11/2006, 06:31 PM
Two observations about Johnson. First, the latest reports from Rivals leave him wide-open as far as destination. He was in Austin this weekend. Second, he looks like a better LB than a RB, based on the footage I saw on rivals. Very disruptive.

trwxxa
9/11/2006, 07:00 PM
Two weeks ago, Gilmer whupped Las Vegas Bishop Gorman (alma mater of our own Ryan Reynolds and Demarco Murray) 56-14.

BIG_IKE
9/12/2006, 06:46 AM
It's always suspect watching the smaller classes...you never know just HOW good the guys are gonna be at the next level...

but hey...Adrian Peterson came from a 3A school and Billy Sims and Jeremiah Trotter both came from tiny 2A Hooks. Could they beat a good 4A or 5A? NO, but you can find good individual athletes at those schools.

The Consumate Showman
9/12/2006, 09:05 AM
Two observations about Johnson. First, the latest reports from Rivals leave him wide-open as far as destination. He was in Austin this weekend. Second, he looks like a better LB than a RB, based on the footage I saw on rivals. Very disruptive.

C'mon man. JJ isn't going to tell rivals or any other web site where he's going to go yet. He's a junior. You just have to take faith in the fact that this kid is an OU fan. He loves OU. His cousin is a starter at OU. His favorite college FB player plays at OU. He has visited OU MANY-MANY times. Plus, I read his orangebloods interview and in reading it, you could tell that he really didn't seem like he wanted to divulge too much to them at all.

Also, about him being a better LB than RB. This has been descussed at length and you have to keep in mind that JJ was getting national attention as a soph. Give him this year and next and he'll be looking much better. Didn't I hear someone say that he showed up Creer the other night???