PDA

View Full Version : The Whorns and Scared Poopless of OU and Stoops

cobrapilot
9/10/2006, 09:17 PM
Mack and GD are back to their normal wimpy play calling. The east west offense, the fear to try a big play, lets hope we can win days are back.

When fumbles mcscramble left, so did all of their hopes and dreams

Lets just be thankful mack has a new 10 year contract and he will be their for life

KingDavid
9/10/2006, 09:28 PM
Mack and GD are back to their normal wimpy play calling. The east west offense, the fear to try a big play, lets hope we can win days are back.

When fumbles mcscramble left, so did all of their hopes and dreams

Lets just be thankful mack has a new 10 year contract and he will be their for life

Reality check: for all of Mack's weaknesses on game day, the guy knows how to build a program and if he were fired tomorrow, I would be rejoicing.

Furthermore . . . and though it pains me to say it . . . Mack has the Bobby Bowden "stay here for a lifetime" feeling to him; whereas Stoops, Lord bless him, is far more likely to feel (and scratch) that itch to coach at the next level.

May it never be . . . but truth be told . . . Stoops will go pro before Mack does, for damn sure.

MiccoMacey
9/10/2006, 09:31 PM
May it never be . . . but truth be told . . . Stoops will go pro before Mack does, for damn sure.

nm double post

MiccoMacey
9/10/2006, 09:32 PM

I agree with most of your post, but there's another reason Stoops is more likely to leave for the NFL: No NFL team has courted Mack. He's not a hot commodity in the NFL. Stoops is. Ergo he's more likely to get and take offers.

goingoneight
9/10/2006, 09:34 PM
That's cause Mack should only leave if UT fires him. Anyone with a pulse would have to be ignorant to leave that kind of job for the NFL. He has no loyalty to his own alma mater, so why go anywhere else? Rich (money-wise) program, deepest recruiting base in the country, excellent oppurtunity for depth and rebuilding just doesn't happen at UT. Besides, I don't think Mack is good enough to be in the NFL, Stoops is... but only until free-agency and all that other crappy NFL league stuff rips off his talent. Why go somewhere you're set up to fail?

cobrapilot
9/10/2006, 09:36 PM
what program has mack built???

vy had to convince mack and gd to "let me be me"

they had no d till chizic and robinson were there.robinson left and chizic well get a hc job soon.

then mack will be back to mediocrity
mack never won a conference championship till last year

some progra,m

1991SOONER
9/10/2006, 09:41 PM
I'm just glad we are rid of these &*!$ horns off this board. Its actually kinda nice around here again:)

boomrsoonr
9/10/2006, 09:56 PM
I'm just glad we are rid of these &*!$ horns off this board. Its actually kinda nice around here again:)

There has been a lot of crickets chirping around here at the slightest mention of them. They're still off licking their wounded peckers after Saturday night.

TXBOOMER
9/10/2006, 09:57 PM
I hate the horns as much as anybody. But, we need to get way better really quick or they may run for 500 on our arse.

FaninAma
9/10/2006, 10:06 PM
The horns may be scared but Old Scratch himslef isn't scarey enough to scare all the crap out of the horns because there so full of it to begin with.

Do you know how to bury a UT fan in a shoe box? Give him an enema right before he dies.

sanantoniosooner
9/10/2006, 10:14 PM
reminds me of typical texas. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1534002884369898390)

tbl
9/10/2006, 10:53 PM
Personally I don't understand why any successful coach leaves a good program to go to the NFL. Then again, I know nothing about coaching at either level, so why did I waste my time typing all of this?

GreaterState
9/10/2006, 11:15 PM
There has been a lot of crickets chirping around here at the slightest mention of them. They're still off licking their wounded peckers after Saturday night.

I'm here. But since there are still more threads on the page about UT than OU,
1) I don't see the need to start any more
2) I don't know which of 15 or so to post in

:mack:

1991SOONER
9/10/2006, 11:17 PM
Hey,

Did y'all see the look on Macks face late in the second quarter---> :eek:

Classic

poke4christ
9/11/2006, 10:24 AM
First of all, those of you predicting doom and gloom for Texas this year might want to wait for such predictions. They lost to the #1 team in the nation. That doesn't mean the suck. It does seem like cooler heads are prevailing in this thread though.

Second, I was curious. If Stoops does take an NFL job, who will be on the list to replace him? Leach is probably on the top, but if I was OU, I would probably wan't someone else. Leach is a great coach, but I don't think a team coached by him would make it to the big games (BCS games and championships). Who else is there?

Zach

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/11/2006, 10:34 AM
If Stoops does take an NFL job, who will be on the list to replace him? Leach is probably on the top, but if I was OU, I would probably wan't someone else. Leach is a great coach, but I don't think a team coached by him would make it to the big games (BCS games and championships). Who else is there?

ZachMaybe Mike Stoops. I'm thinking it would be easier to recruit at Norman than at Tucson.

boomrsoonr
9/11/2006, 10:39 AM
First of all, those of you predicting doom and gloom for Texas this year might want to wait for such predictions. They lost to the #1 team in the nation. That doesn't mean the suck. It does seem like cooler heads are prevailing in this thread though.

Second, I was curious. If Stoops does take an NFL job, who will be on the list to replace him? Leach is probably on the top, but if I was OU, I would probably wan't someone else. Leach is a great coach, but I don't think a team coached by him would make it to the big games (BCS games and championships). Who else is there?

Zach

You do know that Leach was our Offensive Coordinator for 2000 don't you?

Leach's biggest problem is he gets the bottom of the barrel recruits. I think he'd be a really good HC at a better University.

And Mike would also be a great choice.

But no need to disguise your wHorn fantasy of life without Bob for a while. He knows he has the best job in the country right now.

TexasLidig8r
9/11/2006, 10:58 AM
what program has mack built???

Don't let facts get in your way.

Mack led Tulane to only their 5th bowl game in 40 years after inheriting a program devoid of any quality athletes.

He then took a football program that was in absolute shambles at one of the quintessential basketball powers, North Carolina.. built them up to a level that they had never achieved before... 6 straight bowl games and top 5 rankings. Since Mack left, UNC has once again, sunk to a national joke status.

At Texas, he took a program that was down, rife with dissension and turned into into a perennial top 5 program as well as leading us to a national championship with 5 straight 10 plus winning seasons in a row.

You want to that Mack and Texas that's not only expected, but demanded on here.. but, at least try to do it intelligently.

KingDavid
9/11/2006, 11:01 AM
I agree with most of your post, but there's another reason Stoops is more likely to leave for the NFL: No NFL team has courted Mack. He's not a hot commodity in the NFL. Stoops is. Ergo he's more likely to get and take offers.

good point.

poke4christ
9/11/2006, 11:04 AM

Leach's biggest problem is he gets the bottom of the barrel recruits. I think he'd be a really good HC at a better University.

But no need to disguise your wHorn fantasy of life without Bob for a while. He knows he has the best job in the country right now.

Yeah, I do realize that. I might not be giving it enough credit, but I think that the Tech Offense sets up for problems in Defense. It worked in 2000 (great OU Defense that year), but was that offense really as pass minded as Tech's (real question, not rhetorical)?

As for the suggestion of Mike, he might have had a shot if he had stayed as OU DC, but I don't really think OU can hire him out of AU before he at least takes them to a bowl game. As for the recruiting comment, hasn't he been doing a pretty good job of recruiting over there? I think I remember him getting into the top 25 of the classes.

Finally, if I were OU, I would want to look for a guy that would want to make OU a career thing and not jump to the NFL (like Bowden and Osborn).

Zach

FaninAma
9/11/2006, 11:06 AM
I am not impressed with Ohio State. They have no running game and their defense is average.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/11/2006, 11:08 AM
The Mrs. noted that without Bob Stoops, Mack would have never won the NC. He hired Chizik becuase of the smack downs he was getting. He has failed to make a similar hire at OC. Texas may have good schemes on D, but until the play calling gets better (yes, they have a young QB and inexperienced QB) they will continue to be anemic against similar or better teams. They will continue to overpower lesser teams...

KingDavid
9/11/2006, 11:16 AM
Don't let facts get in your way.

Mack led Tulane to only their 5th bowl game in 40 years after inheriting a program devoid of any quality athletes.

He then took a football program that was in absolute shambles at one of the quintessential basketball powers, North Carolina.. built them up to a level that they had never achieved before... 6 straight bowl games and top 5 rankings. Since Mack left, UNC has once again, sunk to a national joke status.

At Texas, he took a program that was down, rife with dissension and turned into into a perennial top 5 program as well as leading us to a national championship with 5 straight 10 plus winning seasons in a row.

You want to that Mack and Texas that's not only expected, but demanded on here.. but, at least try to do it intelligently.

No one here (with a drug-free brain) is challenging the fact that Mack has done right by the horns. Your points are all solid, and beyond question.

As I said below, if Mack got fired tomorrow, I'd be a happy man. As long as he's around, Texas will be our #1 competition in the big XII. His ability to recruit would make that happen on its own. The obvious case-in-point is VY. One could make the case that Mack's (and GDavis's) coaching actually GOT IN THE WAY of Texas not having another NC while he and the other stellar recruits were there.

His game-day decision-making and leadership are weaknesses, IMO.

KingDavid
9/11/2006, 11:19 AM
By the way, let's stop this "how would we replace Bob Stoops stuff." I'm sorry I even opened that door. It's making me very depressed on a Monday morning of 9/11 to think of losing him. I can't take it.

boomrsoonr
9/11/2006, 11:20 AM
No one here (with a drug-free brain) is challenging the fact that Mack has done right by the horns. Your points are all solid, and beyond question.

As I said below, if Mack got fired tomorrow, I'd be a happy man. As long as he's around, Texas will be our #1 competition in the big XII. His ability to recruit would make that happen on its own. The obvious case-in-point is VY. One could make the case that Mack's (and GDavis's) coaching actually GOT IN THE WAY of Texas not having another NC while he and the other stellar recruits were there.

His game-day decision-making and leadership are weaknesses, IMO.

And you can add........

Mack is afraid of Stoops. ;)

MiccoMacey
9/11/2006, 11:22 AM
I am not impressed with Ohio State. They have no running game nor do they have any running defense, and the rest of their defense is average.

I like this better. :D

KingDavid
9/11/2006, 11:27 AM
And you can add........

Mack is afraid of Stoops. ;)

Nice catch, boomr. I forgot that part!

OUmillenium
9/11/2006, 11:27 AM

No, Mark Mangino(actually Josh H) was our OC in 2000. Leach was here for 1 season - 1999.

Partial Qualifier
9/11/2006, 11:28 AM
You do know that Leach was our Offensive Coordinator for 1999 don't you?

fixed :)

edit.. d'oh. Good eye, millenium :)

poke4christ
9/11/2006, 12:07 PM
No, Mark Mangino(actually Josh H) was our OC in 2000. Leach was here for 1 season - 1999.

Oops, my bad. I thought he was there longer than that. That only renforces my argument though. I don't really know who would be a good HC canidate after stoops. That said I'll let it die. Don't want to depress mburton71 anymore :D. I doubt stoops jumps this year.

Zach

boomrsoonr
9/11/2006, 12:20 PM
Oops, my bad. I thought he was there longer than that. That only renforces my argument though. I don't really know who would be a good HC canidate after stoops. That said I'll let it die. Don't want to depress mburton71 anymore :D. I doubt stoops jumps this year.

Zach

I thought he was too. I thought it was after the Orange Bowl that he left.

I don't think we could handle Mangino back as HC. He would be a good one, but the level of food on game day would significantly drop and that would surely affect attendance.