PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know a good Sports Med Dr in OKC?

Cam
9/10/2006, 07:57 PM
If so, PM me.

Shredded my quad tonight and need to get it looked at. Having a hard time even lifting my damn leg right now.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/10/2006, 08:19 PM
Is Anthony Cruse still in South OKC?

He did my knee back in high school. Whip nasty good job, too.

Mongo
9/10/2006, 08:24 PM
Go to the Cruse clinic. His practice is huge for a reason; he is very good. Had a shoulder and a knee done, both are great.

LilSooner
9/10/2006, 08:31 PM
Go to the Cruse clinic. His practice is huge for a reason; he is very good. Had a shoulder and a knee done, both are great.

If you would have asked me two years I would have recommended him. But since then I wouldn't recommend him at all. He told me two years ago that my cyst in my knee is inoperable. So basically I lived with the pain, until it finally got too much and went to Mcbride. I went to Dr. German at Mcbride clinic and they are going to be able to take it out.

Another weird thing about Cruse. I was out in one of my western hospitals the other day and one of my OR directors was telling me that he refused to do an ACL on a patient. I mean that is what that dude is known for.

I would recomend the Mcbride Orthopaedic Hospital up in the city. Place is awesome they are top notch all the way around. Also they have clinics all over the place so if you need rehab or whatever they are very close. I have been way impressed with Mcbride.

Mongo
9/10/2006, 08:41 PM
If you would have asked me two years I would have recommended him. But since then I wouldn't recommend him at all. He told me two years ago that my cyst in my knee is inoperable. So basically I lived with the pain, until it finally got too much and went to Mcbride. I went to Dr. German at Mcbride clinic and they are going to be able to take it out.

Another weird thing about Cruse. I was out in one of my western hospitals the other day and one of my OR directors was telling me that he refused to do an ACL on a patient. I mean that is what that dude is known for.

I would recomend the Mcbride Orthopaedic Hospital up in the city. Place is awesome they are top notch all the way around. Also they have clinics all over the place so if you need rehab or whatever they are very close. I have been way impressed with Mcbride.

Sorry that happend to you. I played D-1A foosball and turned down my university's team doc to go to the Cruse clinic for both my surgeries.

What do you do for a livin'? If my memory serves me right, you are a pharma rep? Correct me if I am wrong.

LilSooner
9/10/2006, 08:49 PM
Nope I actually do the surgical packs that the docs use. Although I do not have packs at either places. I do have packs at almost every major hopsital in the city and Tulsa.

Cruse actually did my left acl in HS. I thought he was the best until he told me to just rehab and suck it up. I have an abnormaly large cyst in the middle of my right knee that is starting to keep me from walking.

I'm just happy to get it out.

Mongo
9/10/2006, 08:54 PM
Nope I actually do the surgical packs that the docs use. Although I do not have packs at either places. I do have packs at almost every major hopsital in the city and Tulsa.

Cruse actually did my left acl in HS. I thought he was the best until he told me to just rehab and suck it up. I have an abnormaly large cyst in the middle of my right knee that is starting to keep me from walking.

I'm just happy to get it out.

:les: Well then, SUCK IT UP AND GET GOING ABOUT YER BUSINESS

:D

Cam
9/10/2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

LilSooner
9/10/2006, 09:06 PM
:les: Well then, SUCK IT UP AND GET GOING ABOUT YER BUSINESS

grrr. If you felt a 1/10 of the pain that I feel you would cry like a baby. Seriously, it is hendering my OU game going. I had to leave before 1/2 time yesterday because I couldn't freaking stand. I HATE MY KNEE.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Cam
9/10/2006, 09:58 PM
Unfortunately, McBride's not in our insurance plan. Can't afford to go out of network right now which sucks for me.

Boarder
9/10/2006, 10:03 PM
grrr. If you felt a 1/10 of the pain that I feel you would cry like a baby. Seriously, it is hendering my OU game going. I had to leave before 1/2 time yesterday because I couldn't freaking stand. I HATE MY KNEE.:mad: :mad: :mad:
Get donor tickets. You never have to stand.

Tiptonsooner
9/11/2006, 06:21 AM
I would suggest Anthony Cruse also, he did one acl and scoped the other over 6 years ago. Felt great ever since.

Taxman71
9/11/2006, 09:00 AM
Check out OSSO on NW 63rd and Broadway. They treat alot, if not most, of the OU and local athletic injuries from what I've heard.

Cam
9/11/2006, 07:49 PM
Check out OSSO on NW 63rd and Broadway. They treat alot, if not most, of the OU and local athletic injuries from what I've heard.
I'm going to OSSO South Wednesday morning.

Thanks for the names guys, appreciate the help.