PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for tech-challenged

KingDavid
9/10/2006, 06:15 PM
Is there a way to watch a live game on ABC while traveling in an automobile? Do the portable TV's pick up coverage while you're driving?

My wife and I are going to a wedding (true, I'm being dragged) in Houston and we'll be on the road from 3:30-6:30.

Am I hosed?:confused:

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 06:19 PM
Is there a way to watch a live game on ABC while traveling in an automobile? Do the portable TV's pick up coverage while you're driving?

My wife and I are going to a wedding (true, I'm being dragged) in Houston and we'll be on the road from 3:30-6:30.

Am I hosed?:confused:
you can pick up a game as long as you're in a good place to get reception and the t.v. has an antenna. just like with a cell phone though, if you're in the middle of nowhere, there's a pretty good chance you're screwed. hope this helps

KingDavid
9/10/2006, 06:22 PM
you can pick up a game as long as you're in a good place to get reception and the t.v. has an antenna. just like with a cell phone though, if you're in the middle of nowhere, there's a pretty good chance you're screwed. hope this helps

that's better than nothing. thanks.

Any other suggestions out there, besides tivo?

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 06:22 PM
that's better than nothing. thanks.

Any other suggestions out there, besides tivo?
no problem.

how about recording it on vcr???

ADs_Agent
9/10/2006, 06:23 PM
if you really want to go all out, DISH has a mobile satelite program but you have to be willing to fork out 4K-5K plus you won't get local channels, only national channels.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 06:24 PM
if you really want to go all out, DISH has a mobile satelite program but you have to be willing to fork out 4K-5K plus you won't get local channels, only national channels.
that 4K-5K would be enough to scare me away

KingDavid
9/10/2006, 06:30 PM

No problem. I suppose i'll have to sell off some of stock in my small company, Dell.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 06:31 PM
No problem. I suppose i'll have to sell off some of stock in my small company, Dell.
it'll be worth it :D

proudsoonergal
9/10/2006, 06:57 PM
Are you talking about A&M in Lubbock? :D

BermudaSooner
9/10/2006, 07:03 PM
How about just drive there earlier, and watch from a bar/hotel room.

As long as you are in a populated area, a TV with antenna should work.

Isn't there an am station out of Houston that carries our games?

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 07:03 PM

radios are sooooo last century:D

KingDavid
9/10/2006, 07:12 PM

no workie. it's a 1pm wedding and we're driving home to an obligation (another of the wife's, I'm afraid - I have no penis) at 7pm.

I'm going to look for a portable tv, I think. it's my only hope.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 07:14 PM
no workie. it's a 1pm wedding and we're driving home to an obligation (another of the wife's, I'm afraid - I have no penis) at 7pm.

I'm going to look for a portable tv, I think. it's my only hope.
wow, it only makes you more of a man that you just said that

GottaHavePride
9/10/2006, 07:59 PM
Yeah, a portable tv with an antenna will get reception while you're driving. It might not be great reception, but it should work.