PDA

View Full Version : To the horns

CrimsonChampion
9/10/2006, 05:21 PM
Way to defend your title losers.

Atleast put up a real fight, you just got owned. Maybe you'll get another shot at the title in ohhhhhhhhh 2041.

BASSooner
9/10/2006, 05:24 PM
They arn't nearly as good as I thought/heard they would be but I had a feeling something like that would happen.....I mean....look at their QB....he's about 12 years old.

josh09
9/10/2006, 05:24 PM
Way to defend your title losers.

Atleast put up a real fight, you just got owned. Maybe you'll get another shot at the title in ohhhhhhhhh 2041.

yes, if history repeats itself it should be around then

SoonerBlonde87
9/10/2006, 05:27 PM

Sad thing is.. That is most likely true.. :-D

fadada1
9/10/2006, 05:27 PM
i think you're being over optimistic.:texan:

josh09
9/10/2006, 05:28 PM

ya its probably more like.....

never. :texan: :D

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 05:28 PM
yea, in all honesty, they'll be lucky to win one ever again

josh09
9/10/2006, 05:29 PM
yea, in all honesty, they'll be lucky to win one ever again

YOU STALK ME

:D

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 05:32 PM
YOU STALK ME

:D
no, i don't want to be anywhere near houston. thanks for the thought though:D

josh09
9/10/2006, 05:33 PM
hmm good point there

CrimsonChampion
9/10/2006, 05:35 PM
They arn't nearly as good as I thought/heard they would be but I had a feeling something like that would happen.....I mean....look at their QB....he's about 12 years old. I was just about to say that, did they get him out of middle school?

Texass better hope we don't get our stuff together, which we will, because young colt already showed he can be rattled, and ole macky mack isn't helping any.

OH and what's with this overrated gene chizik garbage?? I'm sick of hearing about this guy, he played over the bucks all night and got owned underneath. It's obvious he didn't wanna get beat deep, so Tosu nickle and dimed them to death. Gutless playcalling on both sides of the ball for tejass. good one

daddywarbucks
9/10/2006, 05:37 PM
and colt got his azz beat in

StoopTroup
9/10/2006, 05:41 PM
Po fexas.

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/IMZ/IMZ002/jed0029.jpg

footballfanatic
9/10/2006, 06:08 PM
Obviously, Texas was stinky. To say that we're finished is a tad premature, to say the least.

Colt threw only one horrible pass. He didn't get much help with a huge dropped pass, a fumble on the goal line, a dropped dump-off on third down, and holding after a nifty run third down scramble. I think he may turn out OK.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 06:09 PM
Obviously, Texas was stinky. To say that we're finished is a tad premature, to say the least.

Colt threw only one horrible pass. He didn't get much help with a huge dropped pass, a fumble on the goal line, a dropped dump-off on third down, and holding after a nifty run third down scramble. I think he may turn out OK.
that's what y'all said about little chrissy simms, too.

SoonerBlonde87
9/10/2006, 06:12 PM
Question, since I really don't follow Texas football.. At the beginning of the season, didn't Texas have a different quarterback than the one that played last night

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 06:13 PM
Question, since I really don't follow Texas football.. At the beginning of the season, didn't Texas have a different quarterback than the one that played last night
they had an offseason quarterback battle between mccoy and jevan snead, but mccoy has started both games

SoonerBlonde87
9/10/2006, 06:14 PM
they had an offseason quarterback battle between mccoy and jevan snead, but mccoy has started both games

Thank you....I appreciate it.

The Maestro
9/10/2006, 06:15 PM
College football is about star power. Teams with the big studs make it to the key games at the end of the year. Texas lacks that big name power right now. They have a lot of good players and strong lines, but they are a bit short on marquee names. Not the case for the likes of Notre Dame, Ohio State...hell, we even have some guy named Adrian.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 06:16 PM
Thank you....I appreciate it.
anytime

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 06:16 PM
College football is about star power. Teams with the big studs make it to the key games at the end of the year. Texas lacks that big name power right now. They have a lot of good players and strong lines, but they are a bit short on marquee names. Not the case for the likes of Notre Dame, Ohio State...hell, we even have some guy named Adrian.
really? i though his name was julian.:confused:

soonerinabilene
9/10/2006, 07:17 PM

i really thought your D was gonna keep you in the game, even with a young qb. that was the big shock to me. i knew the o would struggle, but i seriously thought your d would play better than that.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 07:18 PM
i really thought your D was gonna keep you in the game, even with a young qb. that was the big shock to me. i knew the o would struggle, but i seriously thought your d would play better than that.
yea, especially in the trenches. i can't believe how much we heard about how much better texas would be in the trenches

1991SOONER
9/10/2006, 08:02 PM
Ahhhhh.....the good old Mack Brown days are back. Did anyone else noticed that Texas looked alot like they have in years past (before Vince Young)?

In other words......OVERATED

I'm glad the old Mack Brown team is back. I missed them.

We are going to have fun for the next 5 years....mark it down:pop:

proudsoonergal
9/10/2006, 08:36 PM
Texas fans here said the same thing - the playcalling was very reminiscent of pre-VY. Even said that Colt looked a lot like Chris Simms. Apparently they are starting to realize <shock of all shocks> that last year was due to VY bailing them out, not to the coaching ability of Mack/Greg Davis.

The other thing I heard from Texas fans was that they were very disappointed to see how the team seemed to have no spark to it in the 2nd half, when it needed a big play after the interception.

Heh.

MiccoMacey
9/10/2006, 08:40 PM
Texas fans here said the same thing - the playcalling was very reminiscent of pre-VY. Even said that Colt looked a lot like Chris Simms. Apparently they are starting to realize <shock of all shocks> that last year was due to VY bailing them out, not to the coaching ability of Mack/Greg Davis...

I got lit up over on orangebloods over the summer because I told them they had short memory if they couldn't remember hating Greg Davis two years prior.

They are now coming back in droves to call for his ***.