PDA

View Full Version : LPGA

StoopTroup
9/10/2006, 12:28 PM
Anyone ever been to one?

We were given free passes for today.

Looks like the Leaders start in 30 minutes.

Newbomb Turk
9/10/2006, 01:53 PM
Heck - If I had free tickets, I'd probably go.

Okla-homey
9/10/2006, 02:11 PM
Anyone ever been to one?

We were given free passes for today.

Looks like the Leaders start in 30 minutes.

Find out of any of them are straight okay? I've heard most of them play for the other team.;)

StoopTroup
9/10/2006, 05:33 PM
We made it out there.

Went to the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel and Convention Center and they took the Wife and Kids and I out to the 18th green and dropped us off.

We went over to the 9th hole and watch a couple of the Ladies play and then down to 7 and picked up Anna and Kerr. Then watched them tee off on 9 and went over to 11 and 14 until Anna and Kerr came through both of those.

The kids were worn out by then so we got in the Hotel van and went back home before having to fight the crowds for a way out.

Still....a very cool event.

Between seeing OUr Sooners win another yesterday and free tickets to an LPGA event....

Life is pretty darn good.

StoopTroup
9/10/2006, 05:36 PM
Oh and Paula Creamer was pretty in hawt pink today. :D

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/golf/_photos/2006-02-13-in-creamer.jpg

Newbomb Turk
9/10/2006, 05:48 PM
Oh and Paula Creamer was pretty in hawt pink today. :D

she usually is.

King Crimson
9/10/2006, 06:00 PM
where did they play? the "ladies" seem to always decelerate their putts and that gives me the willies. Sergio does it too.

StoopTroup
9/10/2006, 06:41 PM
Cedar Ridge Country Club in Tulsa

Mjcpr
9/11/2006, 08:49 AM
Cedar Ridge Country Club in Broken Arrow

Fixed. :)

I don't see anything hot about Paula Creamer. I don't get that one. :confused:

hurricane'bone
9/11/2006, 08:53 AM
Oklahoma-based SemGroup, which has sponsorship deals with six LPGAers, today will announce that it is “assuming title sponsorship of the LPGA Tour’s annual stop in Tulsa” beginning in ’07, with the event to be called the SemGroup Championship presented by John Q. Hammons. The two-year, $3M deal has a three-year option and includes about $375,000 for TV costs for ESPN, which will air all three rounds. Octagon will manage the event, which will have a $1.3M purse and be played April 30-May 6 at Cedar Ridge Country Club (SPORTSBUSINESS JOURNAL, 9/11 issue).

Looks like it will be moving up next year.

mikeelikee
9/11/2006, 02:46 PM
Natalie Gulbis - "Humma-humma!"

There was also a young (I'd say early-20's) girl playing Friday who I'd never heard anything about. Her name was Celeste Troche, and she is from Paraguay. Very, very attractive young lady!