PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to San Francisco?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/10/2006, 11:49 AM
Well, I am. Does anyone know of anything spayshul I should do while I am there? I know it is too late to get tickets to Alcatraz.

OCUDad
9/10/2006, 11:58 AM
Before the usual yahoos get on here with their predictable comments about San Francisco:

Fisherman's Wharf
Lombard Street
Golden Gate Bridge
Sausalito (just the other side of the Golden Gate)
Union Square (if you're into shopping)

And it may not be too late to get tix to Alcatraz.

Cam
9/10/2006, 12:02 PM
Before the usual yahoos get on here with their predictable comments about San Francisco:

Fisherman's Wharf
Lombard Street
Golden Gate Bridge
Sausalito (just the other side of the Golden Gate)
Union Square (if you're into shopping)

And it may not be too late to get tix to Alcatraz.
Ditto on the above.

I've been to Alcatraz 3 times and have walked up for a ticket each time. I'd be very surprised it if it was too late.

crawfish
9/10/2006, 12:09 PM
Hot lesbian sex.

PhilTLL
9/10/2006, 12:14 PM
Coolest Chinatown in America. I'd catch the Haight-Ashbury, but YMMV. And you'll want to set aside some time to walk Golden Gate Park.

LilSooner
9/10/2006, 12:15 PM
Go down to Pier 43 (is that right?) and get some fresh sea food. I suggest lobster and oysters. They were awesome.

I went when I was 15 so there is alot I don't remember alot. Only seeing my first gay club. I think it was called the rusty nail or some nonsense.

OklahomaTuba
9/10/2006, 12:19 PM
Heh, I'll be there in October.

OCUDad
9/10/2006, 12:20 PM
Tuba in San Francisco? Now THIS could get interesting.

OklahomaTuba
9/10/2006, 12:26 PM
Its been a long time, but I've been there before.

Gotta go though, as its a convention for the new CRM system we are using at work.

TopDaugIn2000
9/10/2006, 12:26 PM
eat seafood on the warf. LOTS of it.

and chinatown is awesome too

crawfish
9/10/2006, 12:29 PM
Hot lesbian sex.

Oh, and eat at Scoma's on the Wharf. Mmmm.....

Flagstaffsooner
9/10/2006, 01:03 PM
Put flowers in your hair.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/10/2006, 01:04 PM
I'll be there Saturday afternoon-Tuesday. I'll probably just have Sat and Sunday afternoons to sightsee. I wonder what cool place I can watch the game?

Jimminy Crimson
9/10/2006, 01:17 PM
I wonder what cool place I can watch the game?

There's a Jillian's there.

OCUDad
9/10/2006, 01:23 PM
Bayside Sports Bar & Grill on Union Street, not too far from Union Square is a good bet for watching the game.

I'd also put in a vote for Chinatown, but last time I was there, it was overrun with discount camera and electronics shops run by Middle Easterners. Still, there's some great restaurants and shops there. Just keep a tight grip on your purse, SBSB.

KC//CRIMSON
9/10/2006, 02:04 PM
Go here, trust me - http://www.thestinkingrose.com/

jk the sooner fan
9/10/2006, 02:38 PM
embarcadero square..

edit: embarcadero street and ghiradelli square

BajaOklahoma
9/10/2006, 02:50 PM
We were there this summer.
Embarcadero Street was a bit disappointing, as was China Town - maybe I expected too much.
Ghiradellii Square had some stores you could bargain in - kind of a surprise.
The Sourdough Bread place - you can want them form the bread into lobsters, crabs, teddys....... while you eat some bread. good stuff.
You can rent bikes and ride across the Golden Gate Bridge.

soonerbrat
9/10/2006, 03:57 PM
Go here, trust me - http://www.thestinkingrose.com/

damn...i went to SF for a convention a few years ago..a few of the guys that went with us went to the stinking rose...we went to their room the day after to pick them up for a class and we could smell them all the way down the hall..when they opened the door, i thought i was going to pass out

Definitely go to GHIRARDELLI...i'll send some $$$ with you to bring me some chocolate :D

and fisherman's wharf.....and take a ride on the cable cars....chinatown, and the bar with the sign that says "TOTALLY NAKED BIG NUDE MEN"

you'll love it

BoogercountySooner
9/10/2006, 04:39 PM
damn...i went to SF for a convention a few years ago..a few of the guys that went with us went to the stinking rose...we went to their room the day after to pick them up for a class and we could smell them all the way down the hall..when they opened the door, i thought i was going to pass out

Definitely go to GHIRARDELLI...i'll send some $$$ with you to bring me some chocolate :D

and fisherman's wharf.....and take a ride on the cable cars....chinatown, and the bar with the sign that says "TOTALLY NAKED BIG NUDE MEN"

you'll love it

http://img.snapsoid.com/78/ed/1a64f0bd40b125b8f0ba3a3afe65_240.jpg

They have computers there to!:D :D

RacerX
9/10/2006, 04:45 PM
House of Nanking.

Jimminy Crimson
9/10/2006, 06:19 PM
The Sourdough Bread place - you can want them form the bread into lobsters, crabs, teddys....... while you eat some bread. good stuff.

Boudin Bakery (http://www.boudinbakery.com)

Its a San Fran version of a Corner Bakery/Panera/La Madeline's, but its damn good. Do eat there.

In Chinatown, my favorite place is Empress of China.

Yoshida-Ya is another good place. Its on the corner of Union & Webster.

Go check out Saints Peter and Paul church where Marilyn & DiMiaggio wed. The lawn is a nice place to hang out.

If you watched The Real World season in San Fran, go pass by the house on 935 Lombard. On the next block down from the crooked part.

Palace of Fine Arts is cool.

I'll think of more later.

sanantoniosooner
9/10/2006, 06:21 PM
Eat plenty of Rice-A-Roni.

JohnnyMack
9/10/2006, 06:35 PM
The Wharf is quite the tourist trap. Fun to mill about, but skip the restaurants.

I don't know how much time you'll have but if you have a car, a few places within an hour or so drive that are worth checking out are Marin county and the Muir Woods which are both just on the north side of the Golden Gate bridge. Also Napa Valley is very cool day trip.

In San Francisco a lot of the downtown hotels have cool sky bars/restaurants atop the hotel that have impressive views.

My favorite restaurant last time I went was Anzu. It's at the Nikko Hotel.

http://www.restaurantanzu.com/

Also, if you care to shop, I hear they have good shopping in that town.

Howzit
9/10/2006, 06:45 PM
If you have a car check out Redwood Natl Park (Forest?).

After the hot lesbian sex.

OCUDad
9/10/2006, 08:40 PM
Also Napa Valley is very cool day trip.If you're strapped for time, Sonoma is closer to SF than Napa. Napa has the better wines, Sonoma has the nicer scenery, IMO.

Zbird
9/10/2006, 09:07 PM
Oh, and eat at Scoma's on the Wharf. Mmmm.....

What Crawfish said. Scoma's rules!