PDA

View Full Version : SPEAK UP, WHORNS!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/10/2006, 11:42 AM
What's that you say? I can't hear you. Where are all you Sooner-board invaders when we really don't mind hearing from you? Time to make nice with the Sooner fans.

badger
9/10/2006, 11:45 AM
They're probably laughing at the fact that we are talking more about them than our own team.

RacerX
9/10/2006, 11:48 AM
They're probably laughing at the fact that we are talking more about them than our own team.

:D

9/10/2006, 11:48 AM
They're probably laughing at the fact that we are talking more about them than our own team.I don't imagine they're doing much laughing right now.

SoonerBlonde87
9/10/2006, 12:04 PM
I don't imagine they're doing much laughing right now.

I highly doubt that they are either... ;)

Cam
9/10/2006, 12:06 PM
Haven't you heard the news? The coaches know what they're doing, so we aren't allowed to talk about our team any more. Doesn't matter if it's good or bad...

Rooster
9/10/2006, 12:08 PM
They're busy writing a list of excuses...

Flagstaffsooner
9/10/2006, 12:12 PM
Remember 2001 when we lost to neb, same feeling down there in the bowels of hell(austin).

I feel for the whorns, LIKE HELL!

F'off texass and rot in hell!

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 12:39 PM
guys, get all of the whorn-talkin-about done before tuesday. thank you all.:D

badger
9/10/2006, 01:48 PM
Okay... whorn talk... um...

Some ugly guy on the sidelines that never shaves was doing jumping jacks.
Some loser fans were standing around in their burnt orange with their arms crossed for the final minutes of the game.
Ohio=Poop sign before the game.
All of these were amusing, but nothing more amusing than seeing a lone Ohio State fan cheering among whorns, or lone whorn fan sulky among buckeyes.

Oh yeah, and Lloyd Carr's arse is soooo fired. If Ohio State can win a game like this on the road, either whorns are overrated (always) or OSU is the best team in the country and the Wolverines are doomed.

horninokc
9/10/2006, 01:53 PM
They're busy writing a list of excuses...

No excuses. We got beat by a better team with suspect performance from some key players and coaches. But at least we didn't look horrible against a really bad team for the second week in a row. Thank God we are not Oklahoma.

fadada1
9/10/2006, 01:59 PM
and what the wide wide of sports was on mack brown's lip???? has he made some unauthorized recruiting visits to the local ut sororities???

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/10/2006, 02:00 PM
No excuses. We got beat by a better team with suspect performance from some key players and coaches. But at least we didn't look horrible against a really bad team for the second week in a row. Thank God we are not Oklahoma.

2-0 > 1-1

Thanks for playing, ******

badger
9/10/2006, 02:01 PM
Be angry, angst whorn. I have a song for you:

How could this happen to meeeee?
I've made my mistaaaakes!
Got nowhere to run!
But life goes on as I've faded away
I'm sick of this life!
I just want to screeeeeam!
How could this happen to meeee?
Four quarters of mistakes against a better team that stopped you the entire game, sans a 2nd quarter lucky TD.
Give into your anger and turn to the darkside. Become a Sooner. It is useless to resist.

colleyvillesooner
9/10/2006, 02:03 PM

Yeah you're right. Having seven national championships is no way to live.

OUHOMER
and what the wide wide of sports was on mack brown's lip???? has he made some unauthorized recruiting visits to the local ut sororities???

Dont you know Mack likes boys.

Indy Sooner
Thank God we are not Oklahoma.

So you are content with just the three measly MNCs? Moron.

Snrfn4ever08
Be angry, angst whorn. I have a song for you:

How could this happen to meeeee?
I've made my mistaaaakes!
Got nowhere to run!
But life goes on as I've faded away
I'm sick of this life!
I just want to screeeeeam!
How could this happen to meeee?
Four quarters of mistakes against a better team that stopped you the entire game, sans a 2nd quarter lucky TD.
Give into your anger and turn to the darkside. Become a Sooner. It is useless to resist.
turn to the darkside??? you call us the dark side?!?!?!?!? i should neg you, but i won't:D

Scotty
9/10/2006, 02:04 PM

Whorn Logic:

"We would rather lose to a good team than beat a 'really bad' team"

After some thought, I think I still prefer my 2-0 to your 1-1.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 02:04 PM
no joke, i feel kinda deprived :(

XingTheRubicon
9/10/2006, 02:09 PM

For someone who hates OK, you're sure do seem to gravitate toward us.

BTW, something they don't teach texas fans, losing is ALWAYS worse than winning. ALWAYS. If you don't understand that, you're a loser. The last sentence may have pinpointed the problem.

Enjoy asking your daddy what 2005 plus 35 comes to.

badger
9/10/2006, 02:10 PM
turn to the darkside??? you call us the dark side?!?!?!?!? i should neg you, but i won't:D
face it, we are baddest mofo's in all of college football. we have all 120 some odd teams thinking "I have HAD it with these m*****f****** Sooners with these m*****f****** championships!"

The darkside is cooler. That is, unless you want to be like those Ewoks and that pansy Skywalker (aka Colt McCoy)

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 02:11 PM
i don't care what any of the rest of you think. i like this:D

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 02:12 PM
face it, we are baddest mofo's in all of college football. we have all 120 some odd teams thinking "I have HAD it with these m*****f****** Sooners with these m*****f****** championships!"

The darkside is cooler. That is, unless you want to be like those Ewoks and that pansy Skywalker (aka Colt McCoy)
that clears it up for me. thanks:D

iknowyoudidnt
9/10/2006, 02:32 PM
Did anybody notice the miniature seizure Mack had when they showed him on the sideline after that terrible challenge? I'm not sure what he was doing, but the first time I saw it, I was worried maybe he was going to stroke out. It was probably just an awkward moment when they cut the camera to him, but combined with the terrible fever blister, it was a pretty miserable day for Mack.

birddog
9/10/2006, 02:45 PM
i'll give it up to horninokc for having the onions to stick up for his team, even after such a shoddy display we witnessed last night.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 02:46 PM
i'll give it up to horninokc for having the onions to stick up for his team, even after such a shoddy display we witnessed last night.
yea, no matter how stupid that was, it took balls

birddog
9/10/2006, 02:52 PM
snrfn, how hard was it to keep from rioting your own house after that game?:D no matter how hard you try to disguise your hatred, i can see right through you...;)

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 02:53 PM
snrfn, how hard was it to keep from rioting your own house after that game?:D no matter how hard you try to disguise your hatred, i can see right through you...;)
ya caught me...ya caught the tater:D

Vaevictis
9/10/2006, 03:20 PM
Whorn Logic:

"We would rather lose to a good team than beat a 'really bad' team"

Please, it's not logic. It's how they cope with reality. With one exception, it's happened every single year this decade ;)

Soonermagik
9/10/2006, 03:22 PM
Where is Herr and Litigator???

9/10/2006, 03:27 PM
Where is Herr and Litigator???Haven't heard from Caphorns in a while, either.

MamaMia
9/10/2006, 03:33 PM
Where is Herr and Litigator???Shopping for a frame to put his 2040 National Championship team photo in, and replacing lucky bow ties? ;)

josh09
9/10/2006, 03:44 PM

oh ya, we SURE DID look horrible. i mean, we actually WON our game! and you guys lost by 17! gosh, you guys really showed us. and i was SO IMPRESSED with colt mccoy, by the way, just like the rest of the nation was. i mean, he threw those perfect passes to those guys in red and white....

:texan: :texan: :texan:

Partial Qualifier
9/10/2006, 03:55 PM
In all seriousness, I wasn't too unimpressed with Colt. For a freshman, he did alright. If the Texas gameplan was to take the underneath stuff that Ohio State gave them, Colt did a decent job.

However, it was great to see (and thank you for this, Buckeyes) someone shred the Texas secondary. They're thinner than I think most people imagined and susceptible in man coverage. Their switch to zone didn't help either.

And something else became clear last night: they're NOT gonna run Colt. Probably because if he goes down, they're sunk.

Chizik's a great DC but let's be honest, his win streak benefitted greatly from having VY on offense to bail that team out. Now we're back to Mack Brown/Greg Davis and a slow white QB. HMMMM....

I chuckled many times watching that game because I remembered reading on hornfans how "No Sooner recievers could crack the Texas 2-deep, except M. Kelley might be a 2nd-teamer". It's safe to say no Texas WR's could start at OU right now. Limas Sweed... lol! I think we've heard the end of that nonsense.

daddywarbucks
9/10/2006, 04:02 PM
I agree with part of this.....Thank god your not OKlahoma...I would have to shoot myself

Ash
9/10/2006, 04:07 PM
In all seriousness, I wasn't too unimpressed with Colt. For a freshman, he did alright. If the Texas gameplan was to take the underneath stuff that Ohio State gave them, Colt did a decent job.

However, it was great to see (and thank you for this, Buckeyes) someone shred the Texas secondary. They're thinner than I think most people imagined and susceptible in man coverage. Their switch to zone didn't help either.

And something else became clear last night: they're NOT gonna run Colt. Probably because if he goes down, they're sunk.

Chizik's a great DC but let's be honest, his win streak benefitted greatly from having VY on offense to bail that team out. Now we're back to Mack Brown/Greg Davis and a slow white QB. HMMMM....

I chuckled many times watching that game because I remembered reading on hornfans how "No Sooner recievers could crack the Texas 2-deep, except M. Kelley might be a 2nd-teamer". It's safe to say no Texas WR's could start at OU right now. Limas Sweed... lol! I think we've heard the end of that nonsense.

I agree. saxeT does have talent and is a pretty good team. Colt looks like he could turn into a good QB, and has had some decent games considering he's a frosh. It is what it is. I feel dirty saying it, but it's true.

Of course, he could go the Chrissy Simms route once Mack's through with him.

The D was overhyped, especially by the whorn posters on this board - but I expected tOSUs offense to be a step better, so not that shocking.

Speaking of the whorns, if this is what happens when things go bad it's conceivable we could have a no longhorn October.

9/10/2006, 04:17 PM
Speaking of the whorns, if this is what happens when things go bad it's EXTRA nice to know we will have a no longhorn October. (fixed) YES!!!

Ash
9/10/2006, 04:20 PM
(fixed) YES!!!
:D

KingDavid
9/10/2006, 04:22 PM

We genuinely appreciate the way you phuct up our chance to beat you as a number 1 seed and vault us back into the top 5.

CONGRATULATIONS, HORNS!

OKC-SLC
9/10/2006, 05:22 PM
Excellent.

OKC-SLC
9/10/2006, 05:23 PM
For someone who hates OK, you're sure do seem to gravitate toward us.

BTW, something they don't teach texas fans, losing is ALWAYS worse than winning. ALWAYS. If you don't understand that, you're a loser. The last sentence may have pinpointed the problem.

Again, excellent.

9/11/2006, 12:17 AM
Awright, maybe those whorn regulars on this board are just so despondent that they didn't have the strength to look here. Surely by monday they will have mustered the courage to again start chewing their udders, and come to life. What say you, loyal whorns?

Vaevictis
9/11/2006, 12:58 AM
We genuinely appreciate the way you phuct up our chance to beat you as a number 1 seed and vault us back into the top 5.

This is the thing that made me sad about the tOSU win. It's so much better to see their dreams crushed in person.

Statalyzer
9/11/2006, 02:13 AM
2-0 > 1-1

Thanks for playing, ******

When we played North Texas and you played UAB, it was all about whose opponent was tougher. Now I see you have reversed course.

pb4ou
9/11/2006, 02:16 AM
When we played North Texas and you played UAB, it was all about whose opponent was tougher. Now I see you have reversed course.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date.

Vaevictis
9/11/2006, 02:21 AM

Look at it this way, after you guys played tOSU, we know for a fact that it really was North Texas that was responsible for the UT offense looking like world beaters ;)

Plano UT
9/11/2006, 08:29 AM
Play your first team that is decent this week and then talk about it. I am glad you guys are enjoying our loss. The good news is we get to decide this one on the field in a few weeks.

2-0 giving up over 700 yards to two teams expected to finish near the bottom of their respected conferences is not necessarily better than our 1-1. That is why we are still in the top ten and you guys have been losing ground (at least in the opinion of other coaches and writers).

I will be routing for you in Oregon as I route for Big 12 out of conference but the holes I have seen on defense do not give me a lot of confidence you guys can win.

TexasLidig8r
9/11/2006, 08:46 AM
Where is Herr and Litigator???

Lid was in Austin this weekend. Woke up.. loaded up the kids (well, teen-agers)... met Earl Campbell at the Co-op (damn, his knees are completely gone)... had a late lunch at Matt's El Rancho (very average Tex-Mex but strong margaritas).... took in the pre-game atmosphere... sat through the game to the bitter end... a late dinner with them at Ruth's Chris Steak House... they had never seen 6th Street on the night of the game, so.. we walked up and down the street for awhile.

Sunday.. woke up late... packed up.. went to San Antonio.. got another GREAT hunting dog.. (a 9 month old Viszla.. smart dogs)... took a long, leisurely drive back home to Dallas...got home early evening. Got the kids ready for school.

Except for the game.. a great weekend.. Thanks for asking. :D

Dio
9/11/2006, 08:52 AM
winning by 17 > losing by 17

thanks for stopping by, whorns

OklahomaRed
9/11/2006, 09:31 AM
Lid was in Austin this weekend. Woke up.. loaded up the kids (well, teen-agers)... met Earl Campbell at the Co-op (damn, his knees are completely gone)... had a late lunch at Matt's El Rancho (very average Tex-Mex but strong margaritas).... took in the pre-game atmosphere... sat through the game to the bitter end... a late dinner with them at Ruth's Chris Steak House... they had never seen 6th Street on the night of the game, so.. we walked up and down the street for awhile.

Sunday.. woke up late... packed up.. went to San Antonio.. got another GREAT hunting dog.. (a 9 month old Viszla.. smart dogs)... took a long, leisurely drive back home to Dallas...got home early evening. Got the kids ready for school.

Lid,

As much as I want to dislike you for being; 1 - a lawyer, and 2 - a whorn, I have to give you spec for keeping it in perspective; family first. With that being said, you still lost. I'm not going to rant about TU's loss, here is to wishing your family well and hoping that you will definitely be buying another hunting dog and going home dejected after the RRSO.

9/11/2006, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=took in the pre-game atmosphere... sat through the game to the bitter end...
:D[/QUOTE]Bitter end...I didn't see no bitter end!

Soonermagik
9/11/2006, 10:05 AM

Glad you had a good weekend!!! Mine went pretty much the same, except OU won LOL!!!!!! ;)

Landthief 1972
9/11/2006, 10:22 AM
Play your first team that is decent this week and then talk about it. I am glad you guys are enjoying our loss. The good news is we get to decide this one on the field in a few weeks.

2-0 giving up over 700 yards to two teams expected to finish near the bottom of their respected conferences is not necessarily better than our 1-1. That is why we are still in the top ten and you guys have been losing ground (at least in the opinion of other coaches and writers).

I will be routing for you in Oregon as I route for Big 12 out of conference but the holes I have seen on defense do not give me a lot of confidence you guys can win.

I route when I drive down country roads. How about you?

You should be more worried that your O couldn't move the ball against a D that lost 9 starters from last year. Colt spent most of the game looking like the deer in the headlights.

BIG_IKE
9/11/2006, 12:11 PM
Well....when anyone finds out what "ROUTING" is plase let me know!

imasoonergirl
9/11/2006, 12:25 PM
I love how someone can say that they are glad their team lost someone good and really not believe it. Sorry Texas fan seasons not over for Ohio State they may be worse than you think.

imasoonergirl
9/11/2006, 12:29 PM
Routing is what happened to Texas.

Ohio State was taking any route they wanted.

BIG_IKE
9/11/2006, 12:39 PM
Routing is what happened to Texas.

Ohio State was taking any route they wanted.

No...the correc word is MONKEYSTOMPED...thats what happened to Texas :D

FaninAma
9/11/2006, 12:46 PM

That's sad. Campbell was a great player and a winner. How he ended up at Texas instead of Oklahoma I'll never understand. ;)

Has he had knee replacement surgery? I've seen some pretty remarkable improvements in people(including my father-in-law) who've had that surgery.

imasoonergirl
9/11/2006, 12:46 PM
Monkeystomped Ive never heard that before but I have heard of getting an *** KICKING by someone other than OU.

BOOMER SOONER

imasoonergirl
9/11/2006, 12:53 PM
Okay I will give you that but someone still got thier *** kicked or rubbed.

BIG_IKE
9/11/2006, 01:06 PM
Monkeystomp is like my favorite word! :D

Here is the definition
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=monkey+stomp

9/11/2006, 07:24 PM
oK where's Caphorns?...and Herrscholz?

horninokc
9/11/2006, 07:44 PM
I cannot start a new thread on here so I thought I would use this one to post a link to a tOSU site. Now, they might feel differently had they lost but I want to post it so you guys know why I go back to Austin every weekend. OKC is truly the world's biggest truck stop. (Also note that Oklahoma might receive different treatment.)

http://mb15.scout.com/fohiostatefrm1.showMessage?topicID=58900.topic

sooneron
9/11/2006, 07:56 PM
I cannot start a new thread on here so I thought I would use this one to post a link to a tOSU site. Now, they might feel differently had they lost but I want to post it so you guys know why I go back to Austin every weekend. OKC is truly the world's biggest truck stop. (Also note that Oklahoma might receive different treatment.)

Uh, obviously you didn't read what the UW fans had to say about their trip to OKC/Norman.

And please move the **** out of Oklahoma. You don't like it, leave. It's not like you're really wanted there.

9/11/2006, 08:02 PM
Uh, obviously you didn't read what the UW fans had to say about their trip to OKC/Norman.

And please move the **** out of Oklahoma. You don't like it, leave. It's not like you're really wanted there.Bravisimo, my rug-chewing liberal brother.

Ash

Truly pitiful. At the risk of negative consequences, I gotta call like it is:

If I came over and slept with your wife but had nice things to say about your house would you throw that up on the internet, too?

KingDavid

I am going to sit back and sip on this route-beer while I wait for your next poast.

footballfanatic
9/11/2006, 08:32 PM
No excuses from me. We got our tushies handed to us by a better, more motivated team. Thought we'd have a better showing, but hey, that's why they play the game.

Dio
9/11/2006, 08:37 PM

Truck stop > gay bar

KingDavid
9/11/2006, 08:40 PM
We got our tushies handled by a better, more gentle Mack Brown.

Fixed.

horninokc
9/11/2006, 08:53 PM

And please move the **** out of Oklahoma. You don't like it, leave. It's not like you're really wanted there.

I keep my home in Austin and stay at the Jerry Springer Inn & Suites here during the week. And I would love to work elsewhere but (and you're going to LOVE this!) I work for OU. They happen to be here. Love wearing my UT shirts and ties to work! So, you guys are actually PAYING me to be here. :D

sooneron
9/11/2006, 08:55 PM
I'm sure you can be easily replaced down at the motor pool.

horninokc
9/11/2006, 09:05 PM
I'm sure you can be easily replaced down at the motor pool.

I teach. Someone has to.

KingDavid
9/11/2006, 09:14 PM
I teach. Someone has to.

We appreciate the time you spend teaching our janitorial staff how to bag the trash. Your efforts showing the groundskeepers how to scoop the dogshat from the sidewalks is an unexpected and much appreciated bonus.

goingoneight
9/11/2006, 09:31 PM

Anyone find it funny he has OKC in his name?

OKC + whorn = Bandwagon, IMHO. So let me get this straight, you were "born and raised on the great Tejas Schlonghorns..." (I'm guessing) That must make you about nine months old? Boy, you got into computers fast...

horninokc
9/11/2006, 09:46 PM
Anyone find it funny he has OKC in his name?

OKC + whorn = Bandwagon, IMHO. So let me get this straight, you were "born and raised on the great Tejas Schlonghorns..." (I'm guessing) That must make you about nine months old? Boy, you got into computers fast...

Didn't know folks needed a pedigree here. 51 years in Texas. 34 years in Austin. UT grad '74. Retired Jan. 2006. Hired by OU as an instructor Jan. 2006. Longhorn Foundation member and season ticket holder for 21 years. Refused $1,000/ticket offer to sell my tOSU seats. And would again. Many more specifics and I know one or maybe two people on here who will know me from work and I'd just as soon they not.

If that constitutes "bandwagon", so be it. I'm just here for some entertainment and out of curiosity. You all bite so easily.

KingDavid
9/11/2006, 09:56 PM
Didn't know folks needed a pedigree here. 51 years in Texas. 34 years in Austin. UT grad '74. Retired Jan. 2006. Hired by OU as an instructor Jan. 2006. Longhorn Foundation member and season ticket holder for 21 years. Refused $1,000/ticket offer to sell my tOSU seats. And would again. Many more specifics and I know one or maybe two people on here who will know me from work and I'd just as soon they not.

If that constitutes "bandwagon", so be it. I'm just here for some entertainment and out of curiosity. You all bite so easily.

Well, I think we have enough information now to expose him, fellas. I'm genuinely surprised he gave all that up so quickly and with such little effort on our part.

horninokc
9/11/2006, 10:03 PM
Well, I think we have enough information now to expose him, fellas. I'm genuinely surprised he gave all that up so quickly and with such little effort on our part.

No problem. My OU co-workers would expect me to be here. We have a blast with this stuff at work. You gotta have fun with it.

KingDavid
9/11/2006, 10:09 PM
No problem. My OU co-workers would expect me to be here. We have a blast with this stuff at work. You gotta have fun with it.

I'm just jacking with you, horn. Nobody cares enough to do any harm to anyone around here . . . as I'm sure you know. Welcome to the board . . .

And by the way, if we bite easily . . . it's because we're eager to have some fun, too. Anyone with that username is an easy target.

FaninAma
9/11/2006, 10:17 PM
I keep my home in Austin and stay at the Jerry Springer Inn & Suites here during the week. And I would love to work elsewhere but (and you're going to LOVE this!) I work for OU. They happen to be here. Love wearing my UT shirts and ties to work! So, you guys are actually PAYING me to be here. :D

I am truly embarrassed that the University I love and support appaently is so hard up that they felt the need to hire you. BTW, I highly suspect your annoying @$$ is destined for a very short stay on this board.

horninokc
9/11/2006, 10:42 PM
I am truly embarrassed that the University I love and support appaently is so hard up that they felt the need to hire you. BTW, I highly suspect your annoying @$$ is destined for a very short stay on this board.

Come on, Fanin... part of the fun of rivalries is the trading of pot shots. I haven't said anything really offensive or abusive. Austin is "gay". OKC is a "truckstop". Nothing really new here. We'll have plenty of room for real shots, either way, on Oct 8.

The folks I work with at OU are some of the best people I have known. We just have fun with each other. We both love our teams and that is a good thing. As it should be. So, relax. Enjoy.

Texas Golfer
9/11/2006, 11:59 PM

Are you saying that you'd rather look good and lose than look bad and win?

Well, then, I hope you guys go 1-11 and look real good in those losses.

FaninAma
9/12/2006, 08:39 AM
Come on, Fanin... part of the fun of rivalries is the trading of pot shots. I haven't said anything really offensive or abusive. Austin is "gay". OKC is a "truckstop". Nothing really new here. We'll have plenty of room for real shots, either way, on Oct 8.

The folks I work with at OU are some of the best people I have known. We just have fun with each other. We both love our teams and that is a good thing. As it should be. So, relax. Enjoy.

It's fine to take pott shots at the OU program's coaches, players and even the fans but when you cross over the line and use it as an opportunity to criticize and belittle the residents of the state, (your current employer, BTW), and the cities in the state then it's not about football anymore. It's about you insulting the place where I live and work and the people I live and work with....and I take that very personally.

I would never dream of criticizing the state of Texas because it's a great state(just as is Oklahoma) with some great people living there....many of whom despise horn fans as much if not more than I do.

You crossed the line and turned a thread about football smack into a juvenile name calling thread. Idiot.

C&CDean
9/12/2006, 08:55 AM
It's ****ing Tuesday galdamn it!!!

TexasLidig8r
9/12/2006, 09:16 AM
It's fine to take pott shots at the OU program's coaches, players and even the fans but when you cross over the line and use it as an opportunity to criticize and belittle the residents of the state, (your current employer, BTW), and the cities in the state then it's not about football anymore. It's about you insulting the place where I live and work and the people I live and work with....and I take that very personally.

I would never dream of criticizing the state of Texas because it's a great state(just as is Oklahoma) with some great people living there....many of whom despise horn fans as much if not more than I do.

You crossed the line and turned a thread about football smack into a juvenile name calling thread. Idiot.

To play the Devil's Advocate here (I don't know why that comes so naturally to me).. but, don't we see those types of posts on here concerning my alma mater and state on a daily basis? From the way certain athletes look, to the university, to the state, to whether certain large cities near Galveston are dump heaps (granted, it's true.. but still), to unsubstantiated and untrue allegations of racism against a storied former coach of my alma mater while placing a former coach of OU on an untouchable pedestal, those types of posts are the rule, rather than the exception on here.

Texas Golfer
9/12/2006, 09:20 AM
To play the Devil's Advocate here (I don't know why that comes so naturally to me).. but, don't we see those types of posts on here concerning my alma mater and state on a daily basis? From the way certain athletes look, to the university, to the state, to whether certain large cities near Galveston are dump heaps (granted, it's true.. but still), to unsubstantiated and untrue allegations of racism against a storied former coach of my alma mater while placing a former coach of OU on an untouchable pedestal, those types of posts are the rule, rather than the exception on here.

The Devil's Advocate doesn't select a side of the argument of which you have. And, believe me, nobody from UT should be criticizing another site about impartiality. Anyone from another site who merely says one derogatory remark against UT gets banned over there.

TexasLidig8r
9/12/2006, 09:38 AM
The Devil's Advocate doesn't select a side of the argument of which you have. And, believe me, nobody from UT should be criticizing another site about impartiality. Anyone from another site who merely says one derogatory remark against UT gets banned over there.

The Devil's Advocate selects the side that pays him. :D

There are certainly sacred cows (so to speak) on this site though as well Golfer.... And, have you ever read anything from me praising what a great site hornfans is? Hell, there, if more than 2 people at a time get on the site it crashes.

The bashing, understandably so, works both ways though. For the most part, it is simply rehashed, trite insults that have been used for decades.

colleyvillesooner
9/12/2006, 09:39 AM
Get em Dean. They were warned. Time to lower the boom stick. :D

FaninAma
9/12/2006, 09:48 AM
To play the Devil's Advocate here (I don't know why that comes so naturally to me).. but, don't we see those types of posts on here concerning my alma mater and state on a daily basis?
Your alma mater, yes........ which falls under the guidelines of specific smack talk being fair game, although I never see derogatory comments about the quality of the education at UT. The state and people in general, no.

From the way certain athletes look, to the university, to the state,
Again, athletes and coaches are fair game. I have rarely seen a post by an OU fan questioning the quality of education one receives at UT. The 2nd thing out of most horn fans' mouths is some type of comment about OU being a glorified community college.

to whether certain large cities near Galveston are dump heaps (granted, it's true.. but still),
I have never seen anything mentioned about Galveston or much negative in comments towards any Texas city in general. If there are it's certainly not a widespread practice among OU fans.

to unsubstantiated and untrue allegations of racism against a storied former coach of my alma mater while placing a former coach of OU on an untouchable pedestal, those types of posts are the rule, rather than the exception on here. Again, a coach of the program...related to the program and not an overbroad generalization about texas residents or the state. And surely you would expect OU fans to defend Switzer just as I would expect UT fans to defend the Grand Wizard of UT...errr, I mean Darrel Royal.

OK Dean, I'm ready for the hammer. Sorry, but some responses can't wait for 24 hours.

colleyvillesooner
9/12/2006, 09:55 AM
Verdict: FaninAma is found not guilty. Smite the other two. :D

C&CDean
9/12/2006, 10:01 AM
How about I just smite the thread?