PDA

View Full Version : Eyes of the beholder

Doged
9/10/2006, 06:08 AM
Watching Sports Center (I know.. it's ESPN, but nothing else is on this time of the morning) I noticed a couple things. First, and in my opinion this is a good thing, OUr game wasn't mentioned at all, nor was the game against Oregon mentioned when they ran down the top games for next weekend.

I did chuckle at their comments about Florida State's game. Seems the 'Noles "showed a lot of poise in meeting the spirited challenge" from mighty Troy. Final was 24-17. I guess Troy is that much better than UAB?

In the recap on the web site, they say that the UW punter "got credited" with an 82 yard punt because it was "mis-played" by Reggie. Without seeing a replay, I'd still just about swear that punt sailed several yards over Reggie's head as he was running back, forcing him to chase it down. Since there's no mention of it, I guess that punt wasn't returned for any yardage. ;)

Right under that, and as an afterthought, they mention the punter also had an 81 yard punt.

Guess it's my Crimson colored glasses making me see things differently. The recap article made me glad they ignored us on the show.

DrZaius
9/10/2006, 06:59 AM
ESPN and the rest of the media are really hoping for us to fail. I think that this is great for OU. I almost could not believe that Herbie said that we don't pass enough for us to win. I believe that PT's stats were as good if not better than most of the QB's in 1A yesterday. I really love the no credit attitude that we are getting, it keeps our kids centered.

Sco
9/10/2006, 07:28 AM
From what I hear, Reggie didn't get that punt because the student section was chanting his name and distracted him, then he looked up and saw the ball was kicked and had to get it.

Still, he returned it a long way, so I'm not too ****ed... just laughed at that.

Soonerwolf
9/10/2006, 08:45 AM
ESPN and the rest of the media are really hoping for us to fail. I think that this is great for OU. I almost could not believe that Herbie said that we don't pass enough for us to win. I believe that PT's stats were as good if not better than most of the QB's in 1A yesterday. I really love the no credit attitude that we are getting, it keeps our kids centered.

PT's passing stats have been comprable to the Mighty Quinn to date this season. Quinn had 286 (about) yards yesterday under the tutelage of Saint Charlie while PT has 278 (about) on a "subpar" OU team.

Go figure as hype truely is in the eye of the beholder - too bad ESPN can't crawl up ND's tail enough to snag their rights away from NBC.

AD and ENA as Heisman candidates. GO SOONERS.

instigator
9/10/2006, 09:22 AM
We spent forever searching for highlights and never found any. We saw highlights of two non ranked teams, but never saw any highlights fromt eh #15 team in the country.

Soonerman08
9/10/2006, 10:34 AM
PT's passing stats have been comprable to the Mighty Quinn to date this season. Quinn had 286 (about) yards yesterday under the tutelage of Saint Charlie while PT has 278 (about) on a "subpar" OU team.

Go figure as hype truely is in the eye of the beholder - too bad ESPN can't crawl up ND's tail enough to snag their rights away from NBC.

AD and ENA as Heisman candidates. GO SOONERS.

Brady Quinn under tutelage of Charlie Weis < Paul Thompson under tutelage of Josh Heupel.

I must say guys Heupel has done a great job with Thompson thus far. Keep it up Josh.

colleyvillesooner
9/10/2006, 10:36 AM
We spent forever searching for highlights and never found any. We saw highlights of two non ranked teams, but never saw any highlights fromt eh #15 team in the country.

They showed them on the College gameday final after the Oregon game highlights, kind of a look ahead thing.

colleyvillesooner
9/10/2006, 10:42 AM
From what I hear, Reggie didn't get that punt because the student section was chanting his name and distracted him, then he looked up and saw the ball was kicked and had to get it.

Still, he returned it a long way, so I'm not too ****ed... just laughed at that.

Uh, no.

What happened was Reggie was standing in the appropriate spot, the 50, since the Punter was 8 yards deep in the endzone. The reason he "missed it" was cause, with the wind, it went 71 yards, in the air, and finally stopped at the 16, 92 yards away.

Good thing Reggie scooped it up and took it back 60+.

Miko
9/10/2006, 10:43 AM
ESPN-U showed three plays. wash's first play from scrimage, PT's sweet TD pass down the sidline and AD's TD run where he high-stepped into the endzone.

Some analyst (couldn't tell ya which one) commented that AD had success because PT played well enough for him to.

GottaHavePride
9/10/2006, 11:13 AM
Uh, no.

What happened was Reggie was standing in the appropriate spot, the 50, since the Punter was 8 yards deep in the endzone. The reason he "missed it" was cause, with the wind, it went 71 yards, in the air, and finally stopped at the 16, 92 yards away.

Good thing Reggie scooped it up and took it back 60+.

Wasn't that also the punt that the punter had to kick on the run, Jeff Ferguson style? Unless I'm remmebering wrong I thought the reason it sailed over Reggie's head was that the punter wound up running almost ten yards down the field before he got the kick away. ;)

GrapevineSooner
9/10/2006, 11:23 AM
Wasn't that also the punt that the punter had to kick on the run, Jeff Ferguson style? Unless I'm remmebering wrong I thought the reason it sailed over Reggie's head was that the punter wound up running almost ten yards down the field before he got the kick away. ;)

You're thinking of a punt later in the half where Douglas had to field a high snap and avoid an oncoming defender who, once again, missed a tackle.

Then he had to kick it almost off the side of his foot to avoid having it get blocked.

SoonerDood
9/10/2006, 01:15 PM
it's the usual "OU struggles to an almost 24-point win at home, while F$U shows the Heart of a Champion by coming back to defeat underrated and fiesty Troy."