PDA

View Full Version : Hornfans.com is funny!

jdsooner
9/10/2006, 01:47 AM
I loved the critical comments about OU as they watched the second half of our game.
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=4468581&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=9&vc=1

This one brought a smile: "Has there been a game with 2 QBs this crappy yet this season?"
Or: "OU sucks. Bad."

"i am going to go ahead and say that UW wins this one.....sooners seem like LESS of a team.

of course, i know i could be completely off, but OU just looks incredibly pedestrian."

Paul Thompson: 22-32 for 278 yds. 2 tds, 1 int.
Colt McCoy: 19-32 for 154 yds. 1 td, 1 int.

Hmmm. I believe that it was texas that looked incredibly pedestrian against an inexperienced Buckeye defense.

Jello Biafra
9/10/2006, 01:53 AM
I loved the critical comments about OU as they watched the second half of our game.
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=4468581&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=9&vc=1

This one brought a smile: "Has there been a game with 2 QBs this crappy yet this season?"
Or: "OU sucks. Bad."

"i am going to go ahead and say that UW wins this one.....sooners seem like LESS of a team.

of course, i know i could be completely off, but OU just looks incredibly pedestrian."

Colt McCoy: 19-32 for 154 yds. 1 td, 1 int.

Hmmm. I believe that it was texas that looked incredibly pedestrian against an inexperienced Buckeye defense.

hold up. isn't this the defense that lost 9 players from last year? how could it be that they beat texas...at home......that bad? it couldn't be the fact that vy is gone. texas fans say he was only 50% of the offense :D

noobalicious
9/10/2006, 01:59 AM
For supposedly returning a ton of starters and talented guys, Texas just looked incredibly inept tonight. They didn't look like they played with a lot of passion. Hope that rolls over into Dallas, because if they can't muster enough intensity to play the biggest game of the year, it should be tough for them to do that against the "lowly Sooners".

The amount of fawning over Colt McCoy was ridiculous. "The Longhorns' receivers really need to step up and help this guy". Yeah, they should run their routes 10 yards shorter so the pass doesn't get intercepted by the guy just standing there. They were talking about this guy like he's this amazing QB and he just stunk. As long as he's starting against OU, I like our chances. Don't know what they're smoking over there...ENA is superior by far.

I'll say it again...the guy looks like a middle schooler. :texan:

OKC-SLC
9/10/2006, 02:36 AM

Not bad for a guy who was a WR 6 weeks ago.

VMG
9/10/2006, 06:53 AM
The amount of fawning over Colt McCoy was ridiculous.

Ain't it the truth.

Hey all you Hornfans, can you spell "r-e-d-s-h-i-r-t f-r-e-s-h-m-a-n q-u-a-r-t-e-r-b-a-c-k"? The nightmare has only just begun. Maybe if you're lucky he'll be working at a local car dealership...

booomer
9/10/2006, 07:42 AM
The amount of fawning over Colt McCoy was ridiculous.

.....but that's the best Texas QB name EVAR! Just ask the gameday crew. :rolleyes:

Soonerwolf
9/10/2006, 08:39 AM
hold up. isn't this the defense that lost 9 players from last year? how could it be that they beat texas...at home......that bad? it couldn't be the fact that vy is gone. texas fans say he was only 50% of the offense :D

Does this mean that if Saxet still had VY the score would have been tOSU - 24 Saxet - 14?

Colt's had his fifteen minutes last week - here's to Mack playing QB by committee by the time we play them in the RRS.

jdsooner
9/10/2006, 10:01 AM
The horns seem to have one basic problem. They are unVinceable.:D

The VIIIth
9/10/2006, 10:06 AM
He does not have any zip on his throws at all, the balls seem to float and the kid has that wide-eyed amazed look that I love seeing in opposing QB's eyes.

The
9/10/2006, 10:12 AM
Mack Brown - Vince Young = Holiday Bowl. (again)

soonerloyal
9/10/2006, 10:18 AM
McCoy will get better, I think. Honestly, I see a lot of raw talent and potential leadership qualities in the kid. I'm all for giving him a break and some room to ease into his new role. He's just a little wet behind the ears; I'm gonna give him some time to adjust to college play.

Regardless of my initial snickering at tu's loss last night, I'm willing to give :texan: s some spec for losing early on to the #1-ranked team.

Of course, my overall dislike for any fan coveting burnt orange still exists.

OU_PhD
9/10/2006, 10:43 AM
Colt McCoy eerily reminded me of Chance Mock last night. Something about Mack Brown and a QB with the initials C.M.

MiccoMacey
9/10/2006, 10:49 AM
McCoy will get better, I think. Honestly, I see a lot of raw talent and potential leadership qualities in the kid. I'm all for giving him a break and some room to ease into his new role. He's just a little wet behind the ears; I'm gonna give him some time to adjust to college play.

Regardless of my initial snickering at tu's loss last night, I'm willing to give :texan: s some spec for losing early on to the #1-ranked team.

Of course, my overall dislike for any fan coveting burnt orange still exists.

Agree.

Texas' run game looked great, but this was running against a team that gave up 200+ yards the week before to Northern Illinois. It looked like their OLine is pretty solid...it pushed tOSU's defense line all over the field.

McCoy looks like he has the potential to be really good some day...19 of 32 is pretty good for a freshman playing against the #1 team in the country. He'll only get better. If he was playing for us, I'd feel good about where he's going to be in a few years.

Texas' defense looked beatable, but they were playing one of the best offenses in college this year. Smith is going to be a great one by the time he's done.

Still, I like our chances on offense. I think we'll score and move the ball with some success. I'm just worried about our defense. We won't be able to tackle Selvyn Young if we play like we did yesterday. We've got to become better fundamentally. Much better. Talent and speed mean very little if you can't tackle like your supposed to.

soonerloyal
9/10/2006, 11:23 PM
One of the greatest things about the RRS though is that no matter who's ranked what, all bets are off - this game is like no other in college football. The "neutral" site, the absolute power coming off each sideline, each fan, every play...intangibles are what makes this game great.

I can't wait...

picasso
9/11/2006, 12:03 AM
Paul Thompson is worlds better than Colt 45 but I'm very afraid that Texas is going to run all over us.
I think the RRS will be a good one. no doubt.

BOOMERBRADLEY
9/11/2006, 12:21 AM
Our D is very good I dont care what anyone says. I would rather put somebody in that is going to tackle rather than someone who is supposed to be all world talent (Carter/Clayton)

Keenan will get better but his tackling, or lack thereof is unexcuseable

ouwasp
9/11/2006, 12:38 AM
The horns seem to have one basic problem. They are unVinceable.:D

"UnVinceable" :D

Perfect..........

batonrougesooner
9/11/2006, 01:05 AM
Not bad for a guy who was a WR 6 weeks ago.

That's the truth.

Taxman71
9/11/2006, 09:10 AM
After Saturday night, it is clear that Vince Young is the only one deserving of a ring from 2005. The rest were glorified waterboys.

And on that note.....please stop with the Chizik is so good he hasn't lost in 229,234 games in a row. How many times did SUC punt last year against his vaulted defense? Again, please ebay your ring and give the money to the Vince Young Hooked on Phonics Fund.