PDA

View Full Version : We need some blowout wins!

boomrsoonr
9/9/2006, 11:48 PM
I respect Stoops for not wanting to embarrass opponents (I'm thinking the past few years here), but I sure hope he starts pretty soon. While I'm happy with any win, our young back-up QB needs some snaps to prepare for next year. That ain't going to happen in close games.

msteudem
9/9/2006, 11:51 PM
Don't worry, Mid Tenn St. is up and 2 weeks. And don't forget about the wounded whorns. AD will have the game of his life at the RRSO. Colorado should be fun as well. hee hee

westcoast_sooner
9/9/2006, 11:53 PM
I think we'll see something like that soon. We improved a lot today, but still have a ways to go. I'd like to see some backups in, getting some experience, and keeping some of the starters out of harm's way, but that will come.

SCOUT
9/9/2006, 11:57 PM
I don't think our scoring has been decided based on sportsmanship lately. I think it has been more of an ability issue.

With that said, I agree that there will probably be a few high scoring games in the next few weeks. However, the days of 70-3 (Texas A&M excluded of course) are probably over.

Soonerus
9/9/2006, 11:58 PM
blow-out wins ??? why ??? wins are wins....

TrophyCollector
9/9/2006, 11:59 PM
I While I'm happy with any win, our young back-up QB needs some snaps to prepare for next year. That ain't going to happen in close games.

Right now PT needs every snap he can get, sucks but that's the position we are in early. Maybe Halzle can start the sheepbanger St. game.

boomrsoonr
9/9/2006, 11:59 PM

Did you not read anything other than the title? :D ;)

boomrsoonr
9/10/2006, 12:00 AM
Right now PT needs every snap he can get, sucks but that's the position we are in early. Maybe Halzle can start the sheepbanger St. game.

I agree. And I don't think next week will be what I'm hoping for. But very soon, we need some cushion.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 12:00 AM
because we don't want a repeat of these "rebuilding years" because we're starting a qb that has never taken a college snap

mdklatt
9/10/2006, 12:03 AM
I respect Stoops for not wanting to embarrass opponents (I'm thinking the past few years here), but I sure hope he starts pretty soon. While I'm happy with any win, our young back-up QB needs some snaps to prepare for next year. That ain't going to happen in close games.

:les: IT'S ONLY THE SECOND GAME!

boomrsoonr
9/10/2006, 12:08 AM
:les: IT'S ONLY THE SECOND GAME!

Now don't start coming down on me. I made a simple statement. Besides, we usually have a couple by now. :P

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 12:27 AM
Now don't start coming down on me. I made a simple statement. Besides, we usually have a couple by now. :P
i'm with you man. these are the crappiest teams on our schedule. we might as well start blowing them out now. it's either that or wait until we get our shots at baylor or okie lite

TrophyCollector
9/10/2006, 12:29 AM
i'm with you man. these are the crappiest teams on our schedule.

Middle Tenn St. and Colorado might have something to say about that.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 12:30 AM
Middle Tenn St. and Colorado might have something to say about that.
sorry, i meant to make a reference to OOC. as for colorado, well, i don't even know what to think about them