PDA

View Full Version : I can see Texas with 3-4 losses this year...

Soonerus
9/9/2006, 10:27 PM
...back to mediocrity for the Horns....

mdklatt
9/9/2006, 11:27 PM

Why, do they play the acorn aggies again?

Maybe it's too soon to burst everybody's bubble, but Ohio State is really good, y'all. Texas will still be favored in every game they have left, and rightfully so except for possibly in Dallas.

boomrsoonr
9/9/2006, 11:28 PM
I wonder how long it'll take for the wHorn fans to start calling for replacing Mack and hanging McCoy.

boomrsoonr
9/9/2006, 11:28 PM
I wonder how long it'll take for the wHorn fans to start calling for replacing Mack and hanging McCoy.

Geekboy
9/9/2006, 11:37 PM
Does McCoy remind you of this guy?

Stitch Face
9/9/2006, 11:41 PM

This may get me some red, but the whorns haven't been "mediocre" in quite awhile. They just haven't been as spectacular, on average, as their nemesis to the north over the last six years.

westcoast_sooner
9/9/2006, 11:48 PM
Unless they get upset by someone, I don't see them losing more than one more game. They play in Lincoln later, and by that time they should have things mostly worked out. Nebraska has played well in their first two, but there isn't a lot you can tell about how good their team is, since they've beaten a couple of not-very-good teams.

Soonerus
9/9/2006, 11:52 PM
They will be upset...that happens with a green QB...

SoonerGOP
9/9/2006, 11:52 PM
They CAN lose that many, but they won't. I'm guessing if they lose to us, they only wind up with 2 losses until postseason.

They aren't bad. We aren't that great. TTU isn't very good, heck there aren't many Big XII teams that look that incredible.

TrophyCollector
9/9/2006, 11:56 PM

Man, that's some straight up ole school Silver Spoons yo!

Soonerus
9/10/2006, 12:00 AM
Actually nobody in the country looks that great this year...

SCOUT
9/10/2006, 12:02 AM
I don't think they will lose 4. I believe they will lose at least 2 though.

Maybe it's too soon to burst everybody's bubble, but Ohio State is really good, y'all. Texas will still be favored in every game they have left, and rightfully so except for possibly in Dallas.

This is also very true. However, I believe it is offset by thoughts like

Mack Brown won the whole thing by taking a special player and NOT coaching him. He has good players and it will be up to him to make them special. I think it has been long established that Mack puckers in a major way in that type of situation.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 12:05 AM
Mack Brown won the whole thing by taking a special player and NOT coaching him. He has good players and it will be up to him to make them special. I think it has been long established that Mack puckers in a major way in that type of situation.
you know, i begin to wonder if mack brown really attempted to not coach all the talent out of vince, or if vince was just too dumb to be coached. your thoughts??

mdklatt
9/10/2006, 12:08 AM
Mack puckers

For some reason this made me think of that herpe blister on his lip....

SoonerGOP
9/10/2006, 12:09 AM
That herpes thing was bothering me whole time I watched. Real nice.

SCOUT
9/10/2006, 12:13 AM
you know, i begin to wonder if mack brown really attempted to not coach all the talent out of vince, or if vince was just too dumb to be coached. your thoughts??
A fair question to be sure ;)

I would think it is a lack of coaching that made the difference. I mean, that would account for the one year turn around. Vince has been dumb since middle school.

IMO of course.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 12:14 AM
A fair question to be sure ;)

I would think it is a lack of coaching that made the difference. I mean, that would account for the one year turn around. Vince has been dumb since middle school.

IMO of course.
well, you don't exactly have to be smart to look for one receiver to be open and then run if he's not. i'm kinda having visions of forrest gump. Run, Vince, run!!!:D

Paperclip
9/10/2006, 12:19 AM

My wife said this while we were watching the game.

OUefeezletheweazel
9/10/2006, 01:39 AM
come on, they're still a damn good team, Ohio st is just that much better

Blue
9/10/2006, 01:43 AM

SEE: Football board for the past 36 months.

ashley
9/10/2006, 08:56 AM
Don't start taking them lightly, the fronts on both sides of the ball are better that ours right now.