PDA

View Full Version : Props to Nebbish & Mizzou

KingDavid
9/9/2006, 08:48 PM
Perhaps there will be a team in the North that will save face this year? Too early to tell; but Neb & Miss are positioning themselves for a chance at dignity at least.

mikeb
9/9/2006, 09:03 PM
I agree its nice to see the big 12 whipping *** again.

nanimonai
9/9/2006, 10:02 PM
Dude, they played Nicholls State. I didn't even know we had a state called Nicholls in the union.

OUstud
9/9/2006, 10:22 PM
...but CU lost, KU beat UL-Monroe by 2, and ISU beat UNLV by 6. KSU won handily, but that was against a Smellsofbourbon team.

AzianSooner
9/9/2006, 10:23 PM
and we need Oregon win ugly today.

nanimonai
9/9/2006, 10:26 PM
...but CU lost, KU beat UL-Monroe by 2, and ISU beat UNLV by 6. KSU won handily, but that was against a Smellsofbourbon team.

Yep, the North does indeed suck. Send OSU and Baylor up there to complete the package.

JPNSKER
9/9/2006, 10:30 PM
Yep, the North does indeed suck. Send OSU and Baylor up there to complete the package.
I don't see any world beaters in the South either...

Looks like 4 solid teams in the B12.

North = NU & MU

South = OU & UT

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/9/2006, 10:34 PM
I am glad Missouri graduated to solid ;)

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/9/2006, 10:51 PM
Does Nebraska have a chance of beating the Condoms next week? Anyone?

JPNSKER
9/9/2006, 11:02 PM

I've been saying we need to hit them with everything we have from the get go. We need to put some pressure on their offense to respond. Last years USC squad barely pulled themselves out of a hole (i.e. ASU), so I think that's the only way we beat them.

If we go score for score, their talent will win in the end. It will be interesting, though. Both teams' DB's are pretty young and we both lost our top gunners..... I give us a 40% chance to win.....

nanimonai
9/9/2006, 11:36 PM

Would of been a good game in like 1987

royalfan5
9/10/2006, 09:43 AM
NU can win if 1)They win the turnover battle
2)Control the ball, and shorten the game with the new rules
3)Make USC work for their points with long drives and hope they make drive killing mistakes. If NU starts giving up Big plays, we're toast.

If NU fails in any one of those three caterogries, it will likely be ugly.

King Crimson
9/10/2006, 10:15 AM
if NU stays within 3 TD's i'd be surprized.

royalfan5
9/10/2006, 10:19 AM
if NU stays within 3 TD's i'd be surprized.
So would I, but I'm not going to abandon hope.

Big Red Ron
9/10/2006, 10:41 AM
Does Nebraska have a chance of beating the Condoms next week? Anyone?No.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/10/2006, 10:50 AM
I've been saying we need to hit them with everything we have from the get go. We need to put some pressure on their offense to respond. Last years USC squad barely pulled themselves out of a hole (i.e. ASU), so I think that's the only way we beat them.

If we go score for score, their talent will win in the end. It will be interesting, though. Both teams' DB's are pretty young and we both lost our top gunners..... I give us a 40% chance to win.....WRONG! You're gonna get whacked real good. Look out!

LSUdeek
9/10/2006, 03:38 PM
Texas is going to wish they hadn't screwed the Chase Daniel pooch, because he is looking like a helluva QB for Missouri. I was very excited to watch them lay the tar down on Whoregeron.

Flagstaffsooner
9/10/2006, 03:48 PM
Does Nebraska have a chance of beating the Condoms next week? Anyone?The way things have been going, it is possible.

The Football Gods must be ****ed about something.

KingDavid
9/10/2006, 04:38 PM
I give us a 4% chance to win.....

FIXED.

(Not that I'm not pulling for the huskers. But dude, come back to reality.)

The VIIIth
9/10/2006, 05:49 PM
NU can win if 1)They win the turnover battle
2)Control the ball, and shorten the game with the new rules
3)Make USC work for their points with long drives and hope they make drive killing mistakes. If NU starts giving up Big plays, we're toast.

If NU fails in any one of those three caterogries, it will likely be ugly.

Good summation Royal Fan, the usc speed on offense is what you have to be aware and concerned most of...they'll hit the corners fast and I'm not sure your LB's are that fast yet. I say yet, because I know you guys are still trying to recruit speed. Their offensive speed at the skills is damned impressive.

I do think you can move the ball by passing but you'll have to be able to run to compliment.

SoonerBlonde87
9/10/2006, 05:56 PM
Nebraska seems to have their heads on their shoulders this year. I haven't seen anything bad about them yet!!!!

The Maestro
9/10/2006, 06:11 PM
If Nebraska stays within two touchdowns they should move up in the polls. If Notre Dame gets by Michigan this week it appears the USC-Notre Dame winner will be one of the two teams in Glendale. Right now, you have to give Ohio State the nod for the other spot, but let's see what they do on key Big 10 road games where it seems a lot of years they inexplicably lose one.

49r
9/10/2006, 07:14 PM

No, it's going to get ugly.

Let's put it this way. Nebraska will have about as much chance to win as Troy State against FSU.

Oh, wait...

Make that Montana State against Colorado. Nooooo..

Akron against NC State?
Air Force against Tennessee?

Ah, screw it...it's a pick 'em.