PDA

View Full Version : A coaching critique from my couch.

KingDavid
9/9/2006, 07:08 PM
1) C'mon Bob, quit wasting your coach's challenge on a play where we don't have a chance in hades of getting the reversal. If you want to break the other team's momentum, just burn the time-out. Don't burn the challenge with it. That's twice . . . and it could come back to bite us in the arse.

2) Who in the world told Hartley to sky the last kick-off? Correct me if I'm wrong, but kicking it 8 yards deep in (or through) the end-zone was pretty effective at limiting their returns during the ENTIRE game. I think it would have worked there at the end.

Good win no matter what. On to Oregon.

OUmillenium
9/9/2006, 07:30 PM
I agree, he's called it 2 early 2 weeks in a row! At least he's not leaving it in the bag and not using it!

daMentor
9/9/2006, 07:36 PM
Yep, I agree Bob has wasted both challenges. There was a play later in the game when we should have had a first down that he could have challenged (if they let you challenge that sort of thing). As far as the kick, I'm guessing they were just working on that play. It's not a bad time to do it when you're up 24 with 5 minutes left. Who would have thought the backup QB would come in and march it down the field for a TD.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/9/2006, 07:37 PM
Well I think that if there is ANY doubt, they are supposed to replay it anyway? Right?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/9/2006, 07:49 PM
Well I think that if there is ANY doubt, they are supposed to replay it anyway? Right?It appears you are one who doesn't have a paranoia about the "referees and OU relationship".

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/9/2006, 07:54 PM
True ;)

KingDavid
9/9/2006, 07:54 PM
Well I think that if there is ANY doubt, they are supposed to replay it anyway? Right?

True.

Mack just ****ed his away, too . . . and I'll bet it comes back to bite the horns right in the bevo.

We're lucky that we get to learn on weaker squads.

Sooner-N-KS
9/9/2006, 07:58 PM

I think that's supposed to be the case, but I can't recall seeing a reversed call this year that didn't start with a coaches challenge.

It looks to me like the refs are getting lazy about it this year. Maybe they are trying to make the coaches use their challenges.

There were two bad spot calls today that should have been reviewed by the officials.