PDA

View Full Version : A great job of coaching by Kevin Wilson...

Frozen Sooner
9/9/2006, 06:48 PM
Well, the verdict is in. I admit I questioned KW talking to the media about what he said to AD, but AD was outstanding in pass protection today. I can only think of one block he missed, and he stood his guy up several times.

Cam
9/9/2006, 06:49 PM
Well, the verdict is in. I admit I questioned KW talking to the media about what he said to AD, but AD was outstanding in pass protection today. I can only think of one block he missed, and he stood his guy up several times.
Looked like Q out there on a couple of those blocks.

boomrsoonr
9/9/2006, 06:50 PM
I'm much happier with the play calling. He seems to mix it up a bit and doesn't stick to the same play when it's not working.

bri
9/9/2006, 06:52 PM
It's almost as if the professional football coaches know what they're doing. ;)

auto
9/9/2006, 06:53 PM
Thank God KW was calling plays today

Frozen Sooner
9/9/2006, 06:53 PM
It's almost as if the professional football coaches know what they're doing. ;)

They should run the ninjee on the goal line. They'll never expect it.

bri
9/9/2006, 07:12 PM
They should run the ninjee on the goal line. They'll never expect it.

Signed,
Watson Brown

daddywarbucks
9/9/2006, 07:46 PM
GO NINJA GO NINJA GO!! And I also was VERY pleased with his blocking

JohnnyMack
9/10/2006, 08:43 AM
I liked the little flag route Joe Jon ran underneath Kelly's post. Twas a thing of beauty.

snrbndt
9/10/2006, 08:47 AM
yep

SoonerJack
9/10/2006, 02:14 PM
I would have liked to see more passes to Joe John Finley and I love the idea of the qb sneak or draw near the endzone.

MojoRisen
9/10/2006, 02:22 PM
If he can hold onto the ball- We can not have more than 1 turnover against oregon... Not a knock just seen a few fumbles near the goal line that kill our mojo...

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 02:24 PM
does anybody other than me think we would be 1-1 in the best-case scenario if we still had long?

Big Red Ron
9/10/2006, 02:28 PM
We seem to be setting up some big plays. This offense has very good potential. I think that by the time we finish with MTS, we'll be clicking pretty good. Win or lose vs. Oregon, we can be a really good team this year.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 02:31 PM
We seem to be setting up some big plays. This offense has very good potential. I think that by the time we finish with MTS, we'll be clicking pretty good. Win or lose vs. Oregon, we can be a really good team this year.
i couldn't agree more. i feel really good after i saw the second half of yesterday's game. i've got a lot more faith than i did after uab. i just hope the entire team can get it's act together so that once paul's gone, the only question we have to figure out is quarterback.

p.s. pray that peterson stays and cross your fingers. thanks!!

lukin254
9/10/2006, 02:35 PM
does anybody other than me think we would be 1-1 in the best-case scenario if we still had long?

yeah... chuck long always had pathetic offenses... not very good at all.......................................

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 02:36 PM
yeah... chuck long always had pathetic offenses... not very good at all.......................................
except when he had jason white. it's kinda like the same thing mack went through with vince. sometimes you just get someone who has so much talent that they can make horrible playcalling work

Scotty
9/10/2006, 02:41 PM
I am anxious to see what we are holding back for Oregon.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 02:43 PM
I am anxious to see what we are holding back for Oregon.
i am too. i think we held some stuff back last year for ucla last year and i'm hoping for some of the same this year for oregon. by this, i'm mostly referring to the reverse to travis wilson for a touchdown

Scotty
9/10/2006, 02:46 PM
I think the only new play I saw this week was the misdirection toss. I have to think the KW is holding alot more back than a reverse*. I expect to see some more running plays for ENA at least.

* speaking of a reverse, reggie could be useful in this department don't ya think...?

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 02:47 PM
* speaking of a reverse, reggie could be useful in this department don't ya think...?
maybe just a little bit;) . is anybody besides me praying for an option here or there?

soonerinabilene
9/10/2006, 02:55 PM
i was very glad to see the misdirection pitch back in the playbook. in 04 that play killed, and last year it disappeared.

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 02:56 PM
i was very glad to see the misdirection pitch back in the playbook. in 04 that play killed, and last year it disappeared.
yea, i was very happy to see that play again

boomrsoonr
9/10/2006, 04:36 PM

I'm definately with you. Except I think there would have been a real good chance to be 0-2 right now. He always went ultra conservative the minute we fell behind in a game. That didn't take long to do Saturday.

Egeo
9/10/2006, 04:51 PM
hey whats the lottery number going to be this week?

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 06:06 PM
I'm definately with you. Except I think there would have been a real good chance to be 0-2 right now. He always went ultra conservative the minute we fell behind in a game. That didn't take long to do Saturday.
yea, that's why i said best-case. i can't imagine what we would all do if that was the case. the suicide rate would probably skyrocket in oklahoma. thank god he's gone

FormerSoonerProf
9/10/2006, 08:31 PM
The problem with Long was that he did not know how to adapt the offense to the personnel he had... When Jason White wasnt getting the protection he needed as a pocket QB, Long did not know what to do to take the pressure off. JW was getting smacked all the time ... it was sad to see. Then last year, Bomar would get hit all the time ... hard to imagine how that kid even got up off the floor! And yet, Long was unimaginative in his offenses.