PDA

View Full Version : Oregon will not be nearly as accomodating . . .

OK2LA
9/9/2006, 06:32 PM
This was a good come from behind victory, and I'm proud of the Sooners hanging in there.

Wow, that was a great pass on the money from Stainedback, but D.J. Wolfe isn't making any friends on the sidelines.

They have really got to wrap up on their tackles, and that secondary still needs some work. We bailed them out a couple of times when we SHOULD'VE had sacks, but those things are going to happen with a mobile q.b.

If our Defense doesn't play better in the first half of that Oregon game - it could get ugly. Our defense started gellinn' (like a felon) in the second half, but that was against a BAD Washington team. We can't afford to keep these bad teams in the game.

Let's cross our fingers and HOPE that our Defense shows up . . . .

Never thought I'd be saying that after the second game of the season.

By the way, Paul Thompson is getting better . . . defenses beware:texan:

boomrsoonr
9/9/2006, 06:34 PM
Oregon isn't the team they were last year. Look where they're rated. They beat up on loser teams and everyone is worried. We improved a bunch from last week. You can bet we'll improve more for next week.

The one issue I'd like to see is on the corner blitz. Someone needs to tell one of those guys to stay outside so the QB can't roll out and get around them.

JohnnyMack
9/9/2006, 06:35 PM
I miss Mike. I don't care what jkm says.

Augusta_Sooner
9/9/2006, 06:42 PM
Our DBs need to learn that when they blitz a mobile QB, they must run to the outside shoulder so he can't put a spin move on you like LeBron James and make plays against you. They blitzed too far towards the inside of the field and not outside, which would force the QB to move away from the blitzer. If he decides to spin, the DB is still in position to make a play and not chasing the QB from behind.

freshchris05
9/9/2006, 06:43 PM
=
The one issue I'd like to see is on the corner blitz. Someone needs to tell one of those guys to stay outside so the QB can't roll out and get around them.

same thing i was swearing at the tv... the pash rush is awesome but our guys need to suck it up a little and stop the run i mean damn, they were poundin us up the middle like we were jenna jameson or somethin...

but with oregon up next we dont have to have a stellar run defense yet...

Cam
9/9/2006, 06:46 PM
but with oregon up next we dont have to have a stellar run defense yet...
One guy ran for 170 last week and the team ran for 300.

freshchris05
9/9/2006, 06:49 PM

damn... oregon?? cedar trees, trailblazers, nike u?? damn

i apologize then... well then we need to get that done this week

boomrsoonr
9/9/2006, 06:49 PM

But that was against Stanford.

Cam
9/9/2006, 06:50 PM
But that was against Stanford.
300 is still 300.

Will be interesting to see how they fare tonight against Fresno State.

freshchris05
9/9/2006, 06:52 PM
either way it needs to be fixed its not like we run a 3 man front and they are getting to the linebackers... they need to bring a linebacker up or sumthin cuz our front was getting violated

Cam
9/9/2006, 06:53 PM
Yep.

85Sooner
9/9/2006, 06:54 PM

i wonder if he is missen us. He is sure not lovin LSU.

Blue
9/9/2006, 07:01 PM
Are any of you guys on the OU coaching staff? If not, STFU and enjoy the win.

These coaches know more than you. I hate spoiled fans.

Cam
9/9/2006, 07:18 PM

No, you're right. I'm sure the coaching staff wanted to give up a 50+ yard running TD on the 2nd freaking play of the game. Give me a freaking break. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it was a good win, but we've got some improvement to do and Oregon is better than Washington.

OUmillenium
9/9/2006, 07:28 PM
Mike is in trouble at LSUsuc tonight.

When will our D learn how to tackle in the 1st qtr?

Hopefully this week, or else...

daddywarbucks
9/9/2006, 07:41 PM
I love the W's....I dont care if the cheerleaders have to flash their db's every down to get the W thats all I want.( cmon Stoops can you get the cheerleaders to flash???? PLEASE!!)

Blue
9/9/2006, 08:57 PM
No, you're right. I'm sure the coaching staff wanted to give up a 50+ yard running TD on the 2nd freaking play of the game. Give me a freaking break. :rolleyes:

Seriously, it was a good win, but we've got some improvement to do and Oregon is better than Washington.

It's called football, Cam. Look into it. Big plays happen. Not every game is a 56-0 blowout.

We will improve and Oregon will be one hell of a game.

Cam
9/9/2006, 08:59 PM
It's called football, Cam. Look into it. Big plays happen. Not every game is a 56-0 blowout.

We will improve and Oregon will be one hell of a game.
Reading comprehension is not a class you should've skipped.

Do you actually read the posts you respond to, or do you just assume that everybody is a naysayer?

Blue
9/9/2006, 09:01 PM

WTF is so hard to understand about you being a smartass. Give ME a ****in' break.

Cam
9/9/2006, 09:06 PM
WTF is so hard to understand about you being a smartass. Give ME a ****in' break.
I'm very much a smart *** when somebody's being a complete ******* on multiple threads to multiple people.

Feel free to be 100% happy with each and every play of today's game, it's your right.

I saw some things I liked, and some things I didn't. That's my right. Until it's not my right, feel free to either a) add me to your ignore list, or b) **** off.

I'm going with option a.

Blue
9/9/2006, 09:09 PM
I'm very much a smart *** when somebody's being a complete ******* on multiple threads to multiple people.

Feel free to be 100% happy with each and every play of today's game, it's your right.

I saw some things I liked, and some things I didn't. That's my right. Until it's not my right, feel free to either a) add me to your ignore list, or b) **** off.

I'm going with option a.

What threads, what people? I call it like I see it.

I don't put people on ignore and I wouldn't put you on there cause your posts are alright.

Quit being a baby.

boomrsoonr
9/9/2006, 09:30 PM
It used to be so nice when 99% of the arguments were between Sooners and wHorns.

Blue
9/9/2006, 10:26 PM

Got any evidence here? OCUDad was the only one I was messing with (tongue in cheek mind you) and that's one thread.

jrsooner
9/9/2006, 10:31 PM
If our Defense doesn't play better in the first half of that Oregon game - it could get ugly. Our defense started gellinn' (like a felon) in the second half, but that was against a BAD Washington team. We can't afford to keep these bad teams in the game.

Let's cross our fingers and HOPE that our Defense shows up . . . .
Yep...our offense did great, and coming along nicely (slowly but nicely). We just need our Defense to play 4 qtrs instead of 2 and I'll be very happy.

StoopTroup
9/9/2006, 10:34 PM
Maybe this will help....

Man Law.com (http://www.manlaws.com/)

Scott D
9/9/2006, 10:34 PM
the softness of the middle of Oregon's defense seems to be very accomodating.

Sooner_Bob
9/9/2006, 10:35 PM
Fresno's makin' it rough for the Ducks . . .

RacerX
9/9/2006, 10:36 PM
San Jose State beat Stanford.

Scott D
9/9/2006, 10:38 PM
Fresno's makin' it rough for the Ducks . . .

true, but 1) I'd like to see our O-Line get to the second level with their push in opening a hole up the middle. 2) more improvement from the middle of our D-Line or Stewart is going to have a field day.

StoopTroup
9/9/2006, 10:54 PM
I think every guy on OUr O-line was responsible for at least 1 false start today.

GottaHavePride
9/9/2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, we were behind for a while, but I don't know that I'd call a 17-point win (shoulda been 24...) a "come-from-behind" win. I'd call that a solid beating. Not quite a mudhole-stomping, but getting there.

stoopified
9/9/2006, 11:37 PM
300 is still 300.

Will be interesting to see how they fare tonight against Fresno State.UO-Fresno 17-17 in the 2nd.

Cam
9/10/2006, 08:11 AM
"We've got to be a better run defense than what we showed today. I'm never pleased when they can run the football"

"We just need to play better. Some of our linemen need to do better on getting off blocks."

Coach Stoops on yesterdays game.
DO (http://www.newsok.com/article/2844840)

I hate spoiled Coaches. :rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
9/10/2006, 08:34 AM

I'm not a spoiled fan, far from it. I do however think our defense was better under Mike Stoops than it is today. That's my opinion. I happen to think there's something flawed in the manner in which these guys are being coached/positioned on defense right now and I hope to see an adjustment. I don't know if this is due to offensive coordinator's figuring out how to attack our defense, or if it is due to some subtle changes in pre-snap alignment. Regardless, our defense has not been the same the last two years.

Stoops will ALWAYS say the coaches did everything they could and that the players didn't execute, get off a block, get in the right position, whatever. If that's the case and it's a persistent one, maybe the coaching staff needs to reevaluate some of its coaching methods? I dunno.

daddywarbucks
9/10/2006, 05:08 PM
ever heard the saying Fucc a duck?? were gonna...hehehe Here ducky ducky duck

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 05:11 PM
ever heard the saying Fucc a duck?? were gonna...hehehe Here ducky ducky duck
dude, that was aggy of you:D LEAVE THE ANIMALS ALONE!!!!!

daddywarbucks
9/10/2006, 05:39 PM
Hehe i got negged for nuttin on a duck

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 05:53 PM
Hehe i got negged for nuttin on a duck
pm me and tell me who did it. i'll bring a little orange their way. too bad it doesn't do much anymore

zeke
9/10/2006, 06:06 PM

Me too

Snrfn4ever08
9/10/2006, 06:07 PM
Me too
me three