PDA

View Full Version : WTF was the deal with that last kickoff?

SoonerLB
9/9/2006, 06:08 PM
Did someone decide we should give them a chance to score again? That and the penalty that went with it has to rank as the bonehead move of the day! My friggen blood pressure just went up like a rocket! My gawd that was stoopid!

Augusta_Sooner
9/9/2006, 06:29 PM
Why the hell did we go with a short kick with a 24 pt. lead when Hartley was kicking them deep into the endzone all day? What, all of a sudden we're afraid of a return late in the game with a big lead? Bonehead coaching move of the day. The defense had pitched a shutout all 2nd half and we decide to give UW a shorter field to work with late in the game. That ****ed me off!

boomrsoonr
9/9/2006, 06:31 PM
Stoops like to screw with bookies and doesn't like to cover the spread. ;)

SoonerJason
9/9/2006, 06:40 PM
I didnt see it.. ABC decided that since OU was up with 2 minutes left.. that I had to leave my HD coverage for some crappy Iowa game with a poor picture.

I had to find out on the net how it ended..

Gee, Thanks ABC.

mikeb
9/9/2006, 06:59 PM
Why the hell did we go with a short kick with a 24 pt. lead when Hartley was kicking them deep into the endzone all day? What, all of a sudden we're afraid of a return late in the game with a big lead? Bonehead coaching move of the day. The defense had pitched a shutout all 2nd half and we decide to give UW a shorter field to work with late in the game. That ****ed me off!
Beats me.

sooner518
9/9/2006, 07:02 PM
I didnt see it.. ABC decided that since OU was up with 2 minutes left.. that I had to leave my HD coverage for some crappy Iowa game with a poor picture.

I had to find out on the net how it ended..

Gee, Thanks ABC.
What? you didnt like seeing the lovely Carrier Dome camera angle where it looks as if youre sitting in the front row??!?!

mdklatt
9/9/2006, 08:24 PM
Did someone decide we should give them a chance to score again?

I hate "pity points" at the end of the game. :mad:

Cam
9/10/2006, 08:58 AM
From the DO this morning.

Garrett Hartley was perfect on all three of his field goal tries (30, 37 and 44 yards), as well as all four extra-point attempts, and booted seven touchbacks in eight kickoffs. The only non-touchback was an intentional high, short kickoff late in the game to help run clock.

Personally, I'd rather they start at the 20 than kicking a high kick and giving them another 15-20 yards. It'll take more time to get the yardage than what ran off the clock on the high kick off.