PDA

View Full Version : Attention gamblers:

mikeb
9/9/2006, 09:56 AM
I have a buddy who is a serious gambler. He said the talk in the betting world is that OU is playing possum. This is sorta hard to believe after watching the game against uab. However anything is possible I guess.

Readyfor8
9/9/2006, 09:58 AM
It's too early for unsubstaniated rumor, besides I have rarely seen a posum that stands still long enough for you to play with him.

Miko
9/9/2006, 10:16 AM
I was of the impression that OU was a notoriously bad bet early in the season in that we have historically been so concerned with not tipping our hand and using only the first few pages of the playbook that we often did not cover even over a clearly out-classed opponent.

I've also hear possum are poor sports and often chew up the cards. :D

1991SOONER
9/9/2006, 10:51 AM
Well, to be honest, I am under the same impression (playing possum). Stoops has learned his lesson about showing his cards early. Lets just leave it at that and not discuss it online cause you can bet the opponents are watching. Lets just watch the games and see what happens...

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/9/2006, 11:31 AM
Well, to be honest, I am under the same impression (playing possum). Stoops has learned his lesson about showing his cards early. Lets just leave it at that and not discuss it online cause you can bet the opponents are watching. Lets just watch the games and see what happens...

Yeah I am sure Mack, Belotti, and Gundy are regulars here ;)

opksooner
9/9/2006, 11:33 AM
Lets just watch the games and see what happens...
[Rubbing hands] Heh, heh.

picasso
9/9/2006, 11:41 AM
we found out last year that we weren't exactly sandbagging against TCU. my theory is that given the short time PT has had to prepare and KW has had to reroute the offense, we didn't exactly open up what we're capable of against UAB.
I think as PT gets more reps, the playbook shall expand.

Zbird
9/9/2006, 01:25 PM
You never sandbag unless you're ahead and you're certain you can stay there. Don't think Bobby qualified last week. I suspect he had some loose stools after the game. I do think UAB is a solid team and I also believe we'll continue to improve on offense. The defensive secondary concerns me.

1991SOONER
9/9/2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah I am sure Mack, Belotti, and Gundy are regulars here ;)

I am sure Stoops is not worried about Gundy. And if you think the athletic departments don't keep up with what the their fans (and opposing fans) are saying you are foolish.

I think its reasonable to say that there was some experimentation going on with the offense, some plays in the playbook that weren't executed, and alittle underestimation of UAB. In other words, all of the above. I wouldn't exactly call it sandbagging.

And last year was last year.

Bottom line, it doesn't really matter what you and I think because we have absolutely no control over the outcome.